OtakuBoards

Do you have a temper?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I have to ask this because my cell phone is busted because I chucked it at my ex husband- hey you would have done the same thing if you knew the story.

So I'm wondering if anyone else thinks they have a temper.

I've never hurt anyone intentionally (well- except for when I get into fights- anothe long story) and my road rage only extends to yelling at the person inside my car (I have a friend who got out of her car and slapped a lady for nearly hitting her car)

So, stories?[/color]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Verdana][color=blue]It's not so much a story but there is one time where I guess you could say I have a temper. It usually ends up showing itself in Halo 2 when something that is against every rule of the game happens anyway (cheating or not).[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]For instance, when you shoot someone through the head with a sniper rifle (four times because somehow, the first three didn't do the job), they should not be able to continue running at you and end up killing you with a shot gun from 200 feet. I can get pretty angry if that happens a lot, though I'm a little better about it now.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well the only thing about me is that my friends say I have a temper problem. Alot of the time when they are joking around with me and all, I take it to seriously and go to the exteme. Like this time when I was just sitting on the bench at waiting for the bell to ring, my friend threw his heavy backpack at me and knocked it me clear off the bench. Me being the easily pissed of guy i am. Got back up on the the bench itself with both of our backpacks in hand and jumped off the bench an hit him with an overhead slam. It was funny because my friends though it was something straight out of FlCl.

Another time while i was spending the night at my friends house. We were playing videogames and all and having a fun time. He was on his bed and threw something that hit the back of my head and it hurt alot since it was some kind of metal object. Instantly I picked up some sharp object and threw it at him and it stuck through his matress right below his....manhood. That was hilarious to me. He was shocked that he had his manhood left at all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#C352AC]I've a pretty short temper but I rarely wreak havoc when I'm ticked off. What my brain would do is it would shut my nice persona down and go into "haughty *****" mode. Once that's on, I'll respond to every query or comment directed to my person with a raised eyebrow and a really cutting remark. Spread the hate, yeah?

...But I'm pretty sure I chased someone down with a knife back when I was in high school.[/COLOR]

It varies from day to day. Some days it would take somebody killing one of my friends or close family members to piss me off, and other days I'll get pissed just from losing on a videogame. I never have a day where I get pissed just by people making a joke about me, though. I haven't been that defensive for at least five years.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know if I have a temper really, I am very slow to anger in general. If something is really bugging me, my first reaction would be disappointment or sadness rather than raw anger. In terms of being angry enough to physically hurt someone, I don't know how angry I'd have to be - but it would be pretty difficult to get me to that stage.

Part of that is just who I am, but part of it probably comes from doing martial arts, where ironically the focus isn't really on fighting at all, but on managing a situation (especially managing your anger/response). Even so, I've never really been a person to react quickly or to become angry very easily.

If I am very angry about something, I try my best to divert that anger elsewhere...into creativity or something along those lines. It's not always easy, but sometimes it's actually good fuel for getting things done - anger can be a motivation to actually do constructive things.[/font]

[size=1]I am a hot-head. I get angry in the drop of a hat, and everyone near me can tell. Normally, I get quiet and isolate myself as to keep from saying things I really want to say. I'm the type of person that when I get pissed off, it's best to just let me be and give me time to myself to cool off and think of what's going on. Have I hurt someone? Emotionally, yes I have. Am I proud of that? No.

I have hurt someone physically, but it was sort of unintentional and intentional at the same time. A couple years ago, I was downstairs at my [now] ex's house. We were watching his cousin play PS2, and he started hitting me with a couch pillow and tickling me. So, I got mad because I asked him to stop (I was getting a headache from it) many times. I retorted with a couch pillow to his face, and he knocked his head back into the cement wall of his basement. >_> I really didn't mean for him to crack his head on the wall, but I did feel better.

Normally, when I get angry, the only thing that gets hurt is myself. But if I ever get mad at you, you'll know and you'll wish you'd just kept your mouth shut. Supposedly, I'm the rutheless, cold-hearted b.itch.[/size]

I am pretty easy going. Someone cuts me off or does something else driving that annoys me, I just hope a cop catches them. I just chalk up all those nasty people to bad karma. That is bad karma on either my side or theirs.

Many things I realize that getting upset over isn't going to help the situation and I just roll with the punches. Now this is the case most of the time...but there are a few issues that would just make me vent my anger right away. Things like seeing someone abusing a child or animal would definitely make me voice my opinion right away.

I'll get mad pretty easily, but I can usually control it, too. I do, however, get REALLY pissed off when people steal from me. My responses usually vary from "hit you" to "grab the back of your neck and apply pressure til you drop it". The latter never fails.

To answer another question, I usually get violent when I'm angry. 'Cept towards little kids.

Guest derelict slayer
thats a little scary to think about, but i feel ya on the stealing thing. im a pretty big guy, so usually people find me a little to intimidating to steal from, but like i said, imnot a usually temperant guy

I used to have a really bad temper, but I would guess that most teenagers have a bad temper at one point or another lol. Usually I don't progress very far past 'a bit annoyed' now. I haven't gotten really, really angry for more than a second or two in a really long time. Most annoyances really aren't worth bothering with enough to get pissed off over.

[color=darkred]I'm a peaceful guy, but I have my moments. I've only ever gone and hit someone out of anger twice; usually I try to get people who piss me off where it hurts, as in indirectly get revenge. I've done some pretty bad things because of it, but I only ever resort to that on special occasions. I don't feel bad about it though, not unless it serves them right.[/color]

I'm usually alright, but I build up anger over a long time.Eventually I blow up on someone whether they deserve it or not, which can be pretty bad. Back when I got a load of **** almost 24/7 at school (Boarding, so no way out) that used to be every couple of months, but I've been Ok for the last year or so. Thankfully.

Guest inuyasha2
Yes i do have a temper but not always i only have a temper when someone get's on my nerves really bad or if i hold all my anger in i tend to start cursing at anybody who's in my way :animeangr other then that i'm fine :animeswea

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]My temper used to be a lot more fiery, but it's still pretty bad today. I'm slow to anger but when I get there you can really tell. >_>; Physical violence? *tick* Shouting? *tick* Self harm? *tick* I usually take my anger out on myself, because I don't like hurting other people, heh.

I've been getting better though. A combination of Raina and not being around my [i]incredbly[/i] irritatingg younger brother anymore have calmed me down a lot. Thankfully.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Honestly no I don't think I have a temper, at least not a temper that shows itself on any kind of a regular basis. I get irritated with people sure, but it would be very usual for me to actually get to the point where I'm angry with someone, though I'll admit it has happened in the past. I prefer if at all possible to resolve arguments with words, whether they be my arguments with other people or my family having arguments among themselves.

However when I do get angry, I have a tendency to lose my self control to a large degree and when someone of my size and strength loses their temper, well things get broken. Of all the people capable of making me really angry, my younger sister is the best at it by far, and often she seems to just infuriate me to see how incensed I'll get. I don't know how she does it, well actually I do, I just don't know how she keeps breaking through all my restraint. I have never actually intentionally used physical violence against another person, no matter how angry I've gotten, something I'm very thankful for because I could really hurt someone if I did.

So overall while I may actually have a temper, it so rarely erupts that I suppose you really couldn't call it a temper. [/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]I am usually a very calm guy, last year was a really bad year for me though. I think if I've ever truly lost it, it would have been last year. This guy actually tried to light my pants on fire last year, and that's only half of it.

Aside from that incident and a few that followed, I'm exactly on par with James. People come up to me and picks fights with me [i]because[/i] I've taken several forms of Karate and even Fencing. They don't seem to get the fact that learning Karate makes you [i]not[/i] want to fight people.

I'd rather just bottle it up and release it on paper when I get home. Whether it be a poem or a piece of art, it always gets rid of the anger right away.[/font]

[SIZE=1]I definately have a temper. But it's only unleashed when someone REALLY gets me angry, and thats often very hard to do (Unless your my older sister). However, as much as I hate to admit this, I'm very naive when it comes to people making fun of me or making a rude comment. I often don't hear when people make sarcastic tones in their voices, and think that people are always nice. I'm usually not mean or raise my temper to anyone unless they degrade someone else, that's the only thing that really ticks me off.

Otherwise, no I don't generally get mad. Usually cause I can't even tell if someone is insulting me or not (that makes me sound like a ditz doesn't it?). This can also lead to similar problems to what someone else earlier posted, I tend to take the wrong things seriously. I think that's why guys like to tease me so much, is because they can always get a reaction out of me. I've tried to not respond and ignore things, but I'm easily objective and arguemental. Not the same as a temper, but if you push me enough that easily turns into one. It's just part of my personality. Although, I do notice I have more of a temper at home then anywhere else. Funny really.[/SIZE]

No, i don't really have a temper....well actually i'd say it's selective. If it's just some punk ***** loser pickin' at me i could care less, i can always just walk away and go on with my life. But if it's someone i love or one of my good friends, i can loose my temper quickly. Usually with my friends they're just kidding, so i let most things by. But if i know they're not kidding, i'll get pissed, and they'll know it. I'll be yelling and cussing, i'm not much of a fighter and i couldn't see myself getting that pissed at a friend.

If it were one of my siblings or loved ones i'd probably get angrier quicker. Their opinions of me really matter to me, and i'd get pretty angry if they started being really mean to me. Then later i'd feel really bad. I know if my little bro calls me a *** i get very very angry at him. I pretty much kick him out of the room and yell at him. If he resists, it gets ugly. Then later i feel like s**t for acting the way i did.

So yeah, i have a selective temper.

well once my mom was giving me lecture on wasting too much time on pc and i had earphone in my ears and i was listening music at full volume so i was talking to her in loud voice...she got angry and said "how dare you shout at me!! now your PC is banned!!' i tried to make her understand but she didn't listen and my temper rose I said it is all this damn things fault and threw my new walkman at the floor it broke into bits :(

i guees i'm not very calm person but it's taurus nature guys! we are good from heart but we have real bad temper once my elder cousin broke his video game by throwing on the floor....hehehe:D i tried to teae him at this but got almost slapped:D he's also taurus just like me:D

once I was so angry that i tried to kill myself by eating lots of capsules and tablets my dad takes, I atleast took 7 from each bottle and there about 6-8 bottles but when dad came home and mum told him what i did he asked mewhich ones i ate i just told him and he laughed and said 'Shahla your an idiot! you wasted so many of my medicines' i was like WHAT!! he said that they were all herbal, homeopathic and ayurvedic, you can't suicide with it I was like OH DAMN!!