OtakuBoards

Seasons

SunfallE

So which season do you guys like best? Spring, summer, fall or winter? Also which season, if any, do you dislike? And why?

For me my favorite season has always been fall. I just love the autumn colors and I usually spend as much time as possible going out and visiting the mountains to take pictures and do some hiking. I have always loved Halloween and the Thanksgiving holiday as well.

Perhaps it has something to do with my birthday being in the month of October as I grew up having fall and Halloween themed birthday parties. Even once all the leaves have fallen and the once green grasses turned brown up in the mountains, fall still seems to hold the charm of an enchanted place waiting for the right moment to come alive again.

I have also always loved how the leaves dance across the land in the wind as if they are celebrating being free to roam the earth. I love windy days in the fall and could easily spend hours listening to the sound of the leaves dancing.

My least favorite season is winter. Primarily because I really hate snow, it?s pretty, but I find it highly annoying. First of all I have arthritis and when I get to cold it?s really quite painful. It?s not just a matter of dressing warmly either. I have a hard time keeping warm; even in the summer I use an electric blanket to get warm when I go to bed. The only difference between summer and winter is in the summer I don?t leave the blanket on all night.

I also hate winter because of my job. I drive a semi-truck and weather conditions can be a real pain in the neck. Snow isn?t too bad unless you are going through mountains, as a semi-truck is so heavy that for the most part it has far better control and traction than any smaller four-wheeled vehicle. And even the mountains aren?t too bad once you put chains on. I just hate dealing with it as it takes longer and putting chains on is a pain as well.

My second favorite season is spring, I love watching everything become green again and I love seeing all the flowers start to bloom. It?s also really fun as a truck driver as you get to see tons of wildflowers all over the place as you drive. Even desert states like Nevada have wildflowers before it gets to hot.

Summer? Well I suspose I would enjoy it more if I didn't sunburn in less than three seconds. ^_~

Anyway, what about all of you? ^_^

[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1]Of the three seasons that grace our side of the world (inundation/typhoon, hot and cold), I love typhoon season the best.

Sure, knee-high floods rush into the city at least once a month but nothing beats chancing upon a cute guy with an umbrella when I happen to leave mine at home.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hmm... well... uh...

My favourite season for the moment is [B]Summer[/B]. It's a mixture of a few things.

[I]A- [/I] It's pretty much the only time of year in the UK where we can hope for clear skies and no rain and get it. Though there are exceptions to this rule, on both sides.
[I]B- [/I] It's the time of year when I have something along the lines of a social life, even if it means spending 3 or more weeks away from home.
[I]C- [/I] Though I don't do it all that often, there's little better than being able to collapse on some nice, soft grass and just lie there in the sun. Mmmm...

My least favorite is (probably) [B]Spring[/B], even though my birthday's in March. Why?
I don't really know. For some reason, I find it colder at the start of Spring than it is at any part of Winter. Add a nice, bright, low-on-the-horizon sun and I can end up with quite a few headaches. :animeangr
And, if nothing else, I just find it boring. Very, very boring.

And then you have Autumn(Fall), which is a vaguely Springish, but has a few more interesting things going on, and Winter, which is great for snow and festivities, but just a bit too cold.

[QUOTE=Loco]My least favorite is (probably) [B]Spring[/B], even though my birthday's in March. Why?
I don't really know. For some reason, I find it colder at the start of Spring than it is at any part of Winter. Add a nice, bright, low-on-the-horizon sun and I can end up with quite a few headaches. :animeangr
And, if nothing else, I just find it boring. Very, very boring.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Dude, weird. I also get that exact same kind of vibe during spring time (I also live in the UK). That sun is so god damn deceitful!

For me, seasons are kind of strange. During winter, I'll plea for the summer, as I can't take the cold, and come summer time, I'll plea for winter, because I miss those early sunsets and snow days. But if god came down right now and forced me to choose one season that I'd have to spend the rest of my life in, then I'd choose summer. Sorry, but the cold is an absolute no-go for me.[/color]

Being from Houston, where one could say, we have no seasons, it?s either hot or it?s not and be very correct I must say that I like fall most of all. It?s not extremely hot like in the summer hear and not so cold although it doesn?t get very cold here at all. It?s just right with the cool wind blowing the leaves everywhere. I love that sound too. It always makes me smile. :) I?m a fall baby too (November 11th) so maybe that has something to do with it also.

I?ve never seen snow before so I can?t say whether I hate it or love it. But I certainly like the rain so I?m rather fond of spring also. That?s when we get so many rainy days that I love so much. Plus, I enjoy very much seeing all the bear branches of trees become green again and flowers blooming.

Winter brings no snow, but plenty of cold so there?s not much I like about it. I always have trouble keeping my hands and feet warm during this time and the cold isn?t all that pleasant to me. I like the inter holidays mostly and the only thing I like about the cold is that it makes people want to get cozy and snuggle up some. ^_^

Now summers here are infamous for days that are so hot ?you?ll wanna shoot yourself?. Hot, heat, and oh the humidity! I know Texas is not really a desert, but hey at times it?s pretty close. One might think that those with brown skin would be [i]less[/i] susceptible to the sun, but they?re wrong. Maybe that is so to a certain extent, but I consider mine as sensitive as the next person, brown skin or no. However, to me summer does bring about this exciting feeling like something really good is coming. Also, I love spending my days at the beach.

Eh, for me, there are 5 seasons; Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring Part I, and Spring Part II. I just find Spring to be such a drastically different season, since by the time it's over, everything's completely changed. Everything's green, the weather is warm and sunny, and everything's just so alive. It's *that* Spring that makes you understand why vivaldi's spring sounded the way it did, yah?

So let's see... Favorite seasons...
My #1 favorite is definitely Winter. I live for the snow and ice around me. I just wish there was more! And since so many people around me hate it, the snow goes untouched a lot of time, making everything so pretty. Winter really makes me feel alive. I don't think the same can be said for the other seasons (in my case).

#2 is Fall. Not only is my birthday in October, but I find this to be a really comfortable season to be in. The weather is crisp, but still pleasant for the masses much of the time. Not to mention the colors! I think one of my favorite parts of this season is the smell. Outside, the air has this fragrance that's really nice. It's bitter (thanks in part to crabapples I think XD), but sweet as well.

#3 is Spring part II. Like I mentioned before, everything's so warm and beautiful. This would be after the world's made a full recovery from winter.

#4 Is Summer. I'm just...not a summer person lol. I hate the heat, and everything just seems so boring. I do like walking around the forest preserves during this time though. Before it reaches a dry peak, everything is so lush and green.

#5 Is Spring part I. Blech. This part of the year stinks. It's still cold, but everything looks like crap. It's always so damp and depressing. But, everything's in the process of growing back, so it doesn't last too long. I think the end of winter can be counted in this category too, as that is really undesirable as well XD

[QUOTE=SunfallE]For me my favorite season has always been fall. I just love the autumn colors and I usually spend as much time as possible going out and visiting the mountains to take pictures and do some hiking. I have always loved Halloween and the Thanksgiving holiday as well.

Perhaps it has something to do with my birthday being in the month of October as I grew up having fall and Halloween themed birthday parties. Even once all the leaves have fallen and the once green grasses turned brown up in the mountains, fall still seems to hold the charm of an enchanted place waiting for the right moment to come alive again.

I have also always loved how the leaves dance across the land in the wind as if they are celebrating being free to roam the earth. I love windy days in the fall and could easily spend hours listening to the sound of the leaves dancing.[/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]Mmm, me too ^_^

I like autumn for the colours, and because it's cool enough for me to wear the number of layers of clothing I want to without looking weird (there've been a couple of times in the summer that I've gone out with a jacket, jumper and T-shirt on my torso, and aside from getting very hot, I also feel pretty dumb when someone picks me up on it). I have a lot of jackets, and I can't wear them in hot sun. Too much heat tends to make me feel lethargic, too; in autumn it's not usually blisteringly hot- it's cool enough without giving you a chill. But if it's too cold we get to light the fire (fireplaces = yum!) ^_________^

I love going for walks in autumn. I think grey skies can be really pretty if the light's right. But even a still, cool day with only a few clouds is nice. And I quite like watching heavy rain when I'm inside.

Summer is okay... I like it because of the associations I have with it- summer holidays (not that I get those any more, being in semi-full-time work), my birthday in July and people inviting me to swimming pools. And indeed, summer is the nicest time to go swimming outdoors. Or indoors, even ^_^

Spring I used to loathe, because I get crazymad hayfever. It's not so bad any more, but I still don't like the pollens that fly about. or the wasps >.>;

Winter is cool. Too cool sometimes, although it's easier to get warm in winter than to get cool in summer, I find. There's always the anticipation of snow, which is the best part of [i]any[/i] year if it falls properly, and settles. Being in the south of the UK, that doesn't happen very often. And there's Christmas, which is always fantastic ^_^

But overall, I like autumn.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I used to love off the Summer because there are many birthdays in July (mine is July 2nd) which results in many cakes. But, this Summer was wayyy to hot! I didn't even want to go outside this Summer, unless I went to a place with ac.

But, my favorite season now is Fall. I like how the leaves change colours. There's not as much bugs to provoke me because they die or something from the cold (I once got whiplash from a fly :animeangr ) Apples are harvested, so I can make candy apples, or apple crisp. Fall's not to hot and not to cold. Plus, Thanksgiving and Halloween (free candy!!) is in October.

My least favorite season is Spring! First of all, it smells funny and it's all wet and icky because of the melting snow. Then, when the snow melts, the grass looks ugly, and you see all the garbage (stupid litter bugs) that was underneath the snow. Then, when you think it's all warm and sunny outside, it snows again! :animeangr [/COLOR]

[size=2][color=black][QUOTE=SunfallE]For me my favorite season has always been fall. I just love the autumn colors and I usually spend as much time as possible going out and visiting the mountains to take pictures and do some hiking. I have always loved Halloween and the Thanksgiving holiday as well.[/color][/size]

[color=darkred][size=2][color=black]Perhaps it has something to do with my birthday being in the month of October as I grew up having fall and Halloween themed birthday parties. Even once all the leaves have fallen and the once green grasses turned brown up in the mountains, fall still seems to hold the charm of an enchanted place waiting for the right moment to come alive again.[/QUOTE][/color][/size][/color]
[size=1][font=Arial][color=darkred]Same for me as well SunfallE and Solo, actually my birthday is in like acouple weeks OCT. 13th YEAH:D . I've always loved fall, halloween has always been my favorite holiday, plus my birthday. Beautiful earthen colors, cool breezes, its just a chill season as far a mood.[/color][/font][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]One thing also is I am in love with the night, especially the moon. In my eyes nothing beats autumn nights, sure they can be a little chilly here but I love wearing long sleeved button up shirts anyways. I think the moon is the most beautiful in fall, also the night lasts longer. Summer nights are rather nice also, just cause its cool compaired to the day.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]A season I have a love hate relationship with is Winter. I love to snowboard, but oddly enough I hate snow unless its on the mountain. I really don't like the cold but then again I love curling up in a blanket, especially in the morning. I guess I've just found good out of bad, stuff I liked out of stuff I don't.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#8b0000]Im also trying to remember if we get wild flowers in spring here in Utah, Cause technically we are a desert state.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=green]**EDIT** Happy birthday SunfallE[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=SunfallE]
For me my favorite season has always been fall. I just love the autumn colors and I usually spend as much time as possible going out and visiting the mountains to take pictures and do some hiking. I have always loved Halloween and the Thanksgiving holiday as well.

I have also always loved how the leaves dance across the land in the wind as if they are celebrating being free to roam the earth. I love windy days in the fall and could easily spend hours listening to the sound of the leaves dancing.
[/QUOTE]

Fall has always been my favorite season as well. The crisp clean autumn air, the changing colors and I too love the sound of leaves dancing in the wind. If I get the chance I?ll spend nearly the entire day outside if it?s windy on a fall day. It?s just so relaxing to listen to the leaves as they dance.

My birthday is in October as well. I know that yours is today October 1 so Happy Birthday. Mine is the 31 of October on Halloween. I grew up having fall and Halloween themed birthday parties as well.

What I really like is all the fall decorations that people put up, Christmas decorations are nice but they just seem so commercial to me where autumn decorations seem to celebrate the beauty of life itself. I always put up lots of preserved fall leaves and fake silk ones around the house, as I just love how they look.

Winter is a mixed one for me. I do love how snow looks and how beautiful it is, but other than a brief time I hate the cold that goes along with it. And Utah tends to just be cold in the valleys with all the snow in the mountains. My idea of snow is to have one glorious week of being buried in snow around Christmas time and then going right back to either autumn or spring like weather.

Spring, well where my parents live back east is absolutely beautiful with all the flowers and greenery so to speak.

And summer would be more fun if it wasn?t hot. Though the worst part is out here in the dry climate of Utah you get sunburned all to easily. I don?t back east but it?s more humid where my parents live so maybe it?s because your skin isn?t dried out like it is out here.

[QUOTE=indifference]
My birthday is in October as well. I know that yours is today October 1 so Happy Birthday. [/QUOTE]

I'll second that ^_~ Happy Birthday SunfallE!

My favorite season is Spring and Fall. ^_^ I just love spring with all the flowers and how everything is turning green again. It?s just so pretty. I like fall cause of all the gorgeous leaves. And Halloween is lots of fun too.

I love how the leaves dance too! It?s so much fun to watch the wind blowing them everywhere! It?s lots of fun to collect them to decorate your room with too.

I like winter but I get tired of being cold and winter seems to last way to long for my tastes.

Summer is fun cause there is no school, but I hate how it gets too hot so it?s not as fun to have time off when it?s too hot to go out and enjoy it.

[COLOR=DarkRed]For me, I'd say fall and winter. No other time I can get those cold rainy damp nights and lots of snow here. I just mainly like two kinds of weather really. Thunderstorms and two feet of snow. I love to snowboard and read by flashlight. Thunderstorms soothe me and put me to sleep.

I like summer and spring the least. Mainly because it is boring, and hot in the summer and slushy in winter. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Delta]Of the three seasons that grace our side of the world (inundation/typhoon, hot and cold), I love typhoon season the best.

Sure, knee-high floods rush into the city at least once a month but nothing beats chancing upon a cute guy with an umbrella when I happen to leave mine at home.[/QUOTE]This makes me [I]want[/I] a typhoon season now ^_^;;

I don't understand people who don't like winter - it's such a beautiful season, with snow everywhere glittering, and at night the world seems like it's glowing. Not to mention, it is so much fun dressing up for winter! You get to put on so many layers, and I absolutely adore mittens and scarves and things - they're so cute, and fuzzy, and warm. It's so wonderful coming in from frolicking (I can't believe I used this word) in the snow, and feeling your freezing face warm up again with a cup of hot chocolate made by your dear mother. And, could there really be a more romantic atmosphere than a cold day with a light snow falling, with someone there offering to keep you warm? ^_~

Now spring is absolutely detestable to me, but perhaps it's only because I live in the east side of WA. Spring there is like...a stinking mud-pit. It's absolutely disgusting, because the snow (what little we have) is all melting, and everything is slush, and the gutters are filled with mud, and all in all, it's just very gross. Thus, my reasoning for strongly disliking spring, but I guess we'll see now that I'm not there anymore. I'm sure I'll like it better.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Due to the fact that I have gone all around the country, and even into Mexico and Canada, I must say that I have a pretty good idea of how seasons are in all regions in the US.

Persoally, I find something serene about winter (when I lived up in NY). I mean, do you know how it feels to be going through a white forest? Where there is nothing but stillness (and the occasional giant clump of snow that falls on you), making you feel as if you were in a whole other dimension, where any dream could come true... Then there, as you walk up on a hill and look back towards the forest, you see a ghostly forest of white and gray, stretching off into eternity...

But now, here I am in Victoria, TX, and the weather couldn't be worse. Which brings up my most loathed season: summer.

The intolerable, merciless, and murderous heat. It is unbearable, and I even had the 'opportunity' to feel the wrath of summer when my air conditioner broke. I had to live through a whole two weeks of temperatures exceeding 97 degrees (not including humidity!) when I still had not gotten used to the weather in TX! Not to mention that there is NO SNOW during winter. The most there is in winter is rain and mud. In NY, the summers hardly ever exceeded 85 degrees with no humidity. Now I must live in constant suffering, cooped up in my house nearly all year long.

I miss those white dreams.....[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]Hm. My two favorite seasons are summer and winter. And with good reason, too.

Summer is a favorite of mine due to the fact that I'm out of school for its entirety. Right there is an underlying reason as to why I adore the season. I automatically associate it with fun and happiness. But the weather's great too. Hot weather - I find it lovely for some reason. It sucks to sleep in, and the constant sweating, but I enjoy the warmth.

Winter - like everyone else already said, it (can be) snowy, romantic, enjoyable, and fun. I detest the cold, though. No matter what everyone else says that you can just "put on more layers," your face is still freezing off, you have a cold clogging your nose, and it's almost ... painful to go anywhere not swaddled and wrapped up tightly. That just sucks. But the snow, and Christmas make up for it wonderfully.[/size]

[SIZE=1]I have to agree with Retribution. My favorite seasons are Summer and Winter.

[b]Summer:[/b] Even though I know this year I'll have to take summer courses for college, it's always been my favorite season. I love going swimming and this is the season I associate going on vacations with. The only bad thing is that your sweating all the time (I'm from californian, it can get really hot) or you don't feel like doing anything somedays. Especially if you wear make-up, it'll all smear off and you look like a clown lol. But I like it for some strange reason, it's always given me a kind of fun and happy-go-feeling.

[b]Winter:[/b] Winter seems to make me more serious probably because it rains so much where I live. I wish I had snow around here, that would be great but all we get is tons of rain. However, I don't know why but I actually enjoy it. I love wearing warm puffy coats to keep me warm and sipping hot chocolate by a fireplace. My hair gets really frizzy and you get a cold or two but in the end it's all worth it. I actually can't wait for winter, I miss the cold.[/SIZE]