OtakuBoards

Guardians I: The Hunted (M-VLS)

Blayze

[size=1]The young woman flew across the room, smashing into, and part way through a wall. She slid down to the floor, bringing chunks of plaster and a cloud of dust down with her. Blood trickled gently out of the corner of her mouth, and she shifted herself up onto her elbows with a slight grunt. The dark figure walked over to her, his dark cloak flapping slightly as he strode across the room. He knelt down, bringing his face close to hers. Hers was pale, fleshy, bruised and gnelty bleeding, his covered by a dark, plain mask, which resembled an ebony skull.

"Where are the others?" he asked, his deep voice resonating around the inside of his mask, "I have asked you once and I don't plan on asking again."

"I will never tell you," she gasped between gurgling, drawn breaths, "And even if I did, the Guardians would never let you near them."

"But you should know that darkness has its roots in all thigns. Even the Guardians."

"You...you've infiltrated the Guardians?" she asked, not believing what she had just said.

"It was easy to plant the seeds of betrayal into a young, impressionable Guardian. Then it was a simple matter of placing my mark on his soul to ensure that betrayal never turned on me."

"You are scum," she spat.

"Perhaps. But if I do not get it out of you alive, then I will simply draw the answer from you soul. Believe me, witch. I will find the Twelve."

"As long as I live, their locations will remain hidden within me. You will never draw them from me."

"Then you must die," he said, raising his hands. Bolts of lightning blasted from his fingertips, shooting into the woman's body. She writhed and screamed, the pain overwhelming her systems. Then she was still, her dead body smoking from the electricity burning her skin. The acrid smell of burnt flesh filled the air, and the shadowy figure stood over her body and laughed.

"It's always been more fun this way," he said to himself, and raised his hands again...

At the beginning of this world, there was a council set up, known as the Elders, a council of twelve powerful mages, given the duty of making the decisions of how to run the planet, and to banish the evils that plague this world. But the Elders were vulnerable to physical attack, so a second group was set up to work alongside the Elders. They were charged with the duty of protecting the Elders, and to destroy lesser evils that roamed the Earth. They were known as the Guardians. They use their physical strength to protect the Elders, instead of relying on magical abilities. It has been this way all through the history of this planet.

Now, though, in the year 2007, the balance has been shattered. An unknown being of unimaginable dark power has begun to kill members of the Elders' council, leaivng the Guardians distracted by a traitor in their midst.

No-one is quite sure what this evil being wants, or why he is killing the Elders, but one thing is certain.

He must be stopped.

You are the Guardians. Once warriors of the sword and the bow, you have now adapted to become warriors of the blade and the gun, fully adapted to the modern world. The only things which remain the same throughout the ages are your appearances and your names.

Here is the information I need:

Name: Something old, perhaps something biblical
Apparent Age: Obviously you are thousands, even millions of years old, but what age do you look?
Weapons: At least one melee weapon, preferably something with a blade, and you can have sidearms like daggers and handguns as well
Personality: What are you like as a person? Keep this original
Appearance: Picture, detailed description or both if you like
Bio: Tell me about your life. You don't have to go through every detail, but give some major points in your life
Character Snippet: Give me a sample of your writing

I will be posting my sign-up later in the week. I am about to set up an Underground thread, so any questions you have can go there.

Happy Creating!
[/size]

Guest Arisaco
Name: Arysco Shawdak

Apparent Age: Looks about 19

Weapons: While preferring to fight hand-to-hand, Arysco carries small daggers in his boots, a katana on his back, and a sawed-off shotgun strapped to his waist.

Personality: Arysco's personality is not unlike that of a genius; meaning that, while he is information smart, he lacks a good amount of common sense. He also has a split personality disorder, which can lead to conflicts in battle and, therfore, tragedy and fatalities.

Appearance: Arysco is about 6'2", weighing about 213 lbs. He is not the most muscular of the Guardians, but when he is worked up, his muscles can seem to increase about twice their regular size. His white hair sharply contrasts with his skin, which is a bronze-color. His blue eyes are sharp and cold, giving them an almost sapphire look. While not the most handsome of the Guardians, Arysco is very good-looking and can be charming in some circles.

Bio: Arysco's life was forever changed when he became a Guardian. Since it was been so long, Arysco has forgotten most of his life before then. His only memories that show he had a life before becoming a Guardian was the face of a woman whose beauty always left him breathless when he remembered her, a small cottage that was destroyed by fire, and a man, whose laughter still rang in his ears as a boy cryed out in misery.

Character Snippet: As he gazed at the small crystal table, Arysco had to wonder why Hawke had brought him here. Arysco looked up and saw Hawke staring intently at him as he asked, "Well, why am I here?"

Hawke simply smiled and said, "The reason why you are here is so I can show you something. Something important."

Arysco looked strangely at Hawke, who turned from the crystal to a pedastal which was not there five seconds ago. Arysaco was always amazed at what the Elders could do, no matter how many times he had witnessed it.

Hawke, who had turned back to Arysco, put a large pouch on the crystal table and stood back. Arysco did the same and asked, "Am I supposed to know what it is in the pouch? Because, as you know, I am not telepathic." He meant this as a joke, but Hawke's smile had vanished. He simply said, "Open it."

Arysaco quickly reached for the pouch and dumped the contents on the table. A single, small ruby made a clink on the crystal. He picked it up and examined it. Arysco then said, "This is a dragon's eyel, isn't it?"

Hawke solemnly nodded and said, "This was found at the place where Rubero was murdered." Arysco stood in shock, because this was the first time any of the Elders had given knowledge like this to the Guardians. Arysco finally asked, "What do you want me to do with this?" The words that Hawke spoke were burned in the front of his mind. [B]"Find the one who left it behind, and DESTROY HIM!"[/B]

Name: James Ecallaw

Apparent Age: 34

Weapons: James uses a [B][URL=http://yonagi.tripod.com/seifer/wall00_1.jpg]Gunblade[/URL][/B] of his own design. He also carries a small switch-blade and a semiautomatic 9mm pistol as backups.

Personality: A friendly and easily excitable person, he loves meeting and interacting with people. He is facinated by, and loves technology, almost to a fault.

Appearance: Standing at 6'1" and 190 lbs, James is a very well dressed and well groomed individual. While in excellent shape with a trim physic. His brown hair is of medium length and slicked back, and his light blue eyes are often hidden behind his trademark gold trimmed aviators.

Bio: Before becoming a member of the Guardians, James was a blacksmith. He loved working in his shop, pushing himself to find better and faster ways to temper metal, and new inventions to work it into. He learned to fight with a number of weapons, mainly to learn how better to make them. It was because of these experitise and his genuine good will that made him an obvious choice to be an guardian. With no family and the promise of immortality, James accepted his role as a guardian with great vigor.

Throughout history James worked with some of the greatest inventive minds on the planet, learning advanced engineering techniques as they were concocted. However, throughout his long lifetime, James has remained loyal to his blacksmithing roots, prefering to create his inventions entirely from scratch, including tempering his own raw materials. He now works out of his own workshop, designing and making both melee and firearm weapons, which he sells mostly to private collectors to finance his works.

Character Snippet: James' massive workshop was filled to the brimm with the most advanced machinary on the planet. Along the far wall, James sat back in a large leather office chair. Infront of him stold a large wooden desk, covered in plans and schematics. He had been sitting at that same desk for nearly 3 weeks now, jotting down plans and ideas. While he prefered to work with his hands, he found these brainstorm periods to be very helpful in planning out future endevours. And to a man who had lived thousands of years, three weeks seemed like a handful of seconds.

James' stomach rumbled from hunger, as James realized he hadn't eaten all day long. He walked across the workshop to a small kitchenette in the corner. He openned the fridge to find it almost completely empty. James sighed, and headed back across the workshop towards the exit.

Openning the door, he found himself in the large field around his large rural home. He walked through his unkept lawn, the grass reaching halfway up his shins. He yawned and stretched his back as he reached the door. He had been sitting in that chair for hours, and his muscles ached from under use. James made his way into the back door of his house and into the kitchen. While walking by his phone, he noticed he had a message. 'Thats odd,' he thought. 'Who knows I'm here?'

James pressed play on the machine while he headed to the refridgerator. While shifting through the stocked fridge, the message played. It was his personal assistant Ashley, whom he had hired to take care of his personal affairs while he worked.

"Good afternoon Mr. Ecallaw, this is Ashley. Now I know your busy, but I just got a call from a Mr. Trinity. He said he needed to see you immediatly." James dropped the carton of milk he had been drinking from, allowing it to spill all over the tiled floor.

"Oh no."

[size=2][color=Navy][b]Name:[/b] Naomi Alatus

[b] Apparent Age:[/b] 24

[b] Gender:[/b] Female

[b] Weapons:[/b] Naomi carries a [url="http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/449/kr4large9nl.jpg"]Sword[/url] strapped to her back with the hilt peeking over her right shoulder. She also has a pair of [url="http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9176/jerichoall9ot.jpg"]Guns[/url] [bottom left corner] in holsters on each side of her hips. Lastly she carries a large bundle of these unique [url="http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7733/mcfc209sl9cj.jpg"]Throwing Stars[/url] in a pouch that rests on the back of her hips on the right side. No one knows but the Goggles she wears on her head have several different capabilities, to name a few; night vision, infra-red, UV, x-ray and so on.

[b] Personality:[/b] The easiest way people have described Naomi's personality, is like the wind, because it can change in the blink of an eye. One second she may be happy and joking around, the next she's angry and storms off; like the wind. She loves relaxing and lazing about, she also likes to joke around a lot, but even with such a playful side, she knows when to be serious.

She doesn't take her job as a Guardian lightly at all, if someone is threatening the Elders, she will do everything to hunt them down and protect the Elders.

Naomi is very knowledgeable because she reads a lot, the main subjects she's best at are Logical thinking and anything to do with technology. She has strong common sense and thinks things through before she does them, weighing out the consequences.

[b] Appearance:[/b] [/color][/size][color=Navy][url="http://img91.exs.cx/img91/4927/ai9yl.jpg"]Here[/url], she's a medium height of 5'6" and has a medium build. She wears a long sleeved black or sometimes navy blue top but usually keeps the sleeves rolled up to just above her elbows, and she wears a pair of black leather pants. Her gloves are also made of black leather and reach her wrists. She has a belt that goes around with all of her weapons connected to it.[/color]
[size=2][color=Navy]
[b] Bio:[/b] Before her life as a Guardian, Naomi remembered a different life, completely different. Her occupation was one of stealth and murder, she had been an assassin, and a well known one at that. She was well known because she was great at her job, killing anyone she was asked to if they could pay the right price. Naomi was silent and deadly, tempting many men only to kill them soon after. She liked the job and it payed very well, rich men were willing to pay a lot of money for someone they wanted dead. Naomi was a cold hearted person, which is a must when you kill others constantly, she didn't have relations of any kind.

For reasons that were unknown to her, she was chosen to be a Guardian, having no knowledge of them before whatsoever. When she met with the Elders she questioned them, they told her she was a good candidate because they knew there was potential inside that just had to be brought up.

Naomi trained hard and with help from others, her personality changed and she was lighter than before. She's very dedicated to her new job as a Guardian and does everything she's asked.

[b] Character Snippet:[/b] Give me a sample of your writing[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred][b]Name:[/b] Abel Lunier
[b]Apparent Age:[/b] 26
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]Weapons:[/b] The Guns in the pic, as well as two khukri fighting daggers (see attachment 1) one slightly back on each hip. He utilizes these with ease being ambidextrious, occasionally throwing them with deadly accuracy. His final weapon is one he rairly uses, a rapier he calls Requiem(see attachment 2). The sword is saved for opponents who bear a sword as well or a last resort.
[/color]
[/size][size=1][color=darkred][b]Personality:[/b] Although Abel may look and talk normal, he still bears many ways of the past. He is normally kind, polite but playful at the same time. He often tends to zone out and daydream, or think. Abel is serious when it comes to business, and his unyeilding determination helps in this greatly. Respect is something he values highly, and is part of the reason he will only use his sword when fighting another with a sword, someone who lives by the sword deserves to die by it.
[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]Appearance:[/b] [/color][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20461"][color=darkred]Here[/color][/url][color=darkred], he wears a white trenchcoat over the garb displayed. He stands at about 6'3" and weighs about 205 lbs. He seems rather skinny, but he has well toned, dense muscle from years of combat.
[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]Bio:[/b] Born into Noble blood, it seemed that Abel's destiny had been chosen for him. Though his status allowed him to be educated intellectually as well as in swordsmanship, both of which he craved. He loved the thrill of battle, as well as the worth of knowledge, knowing both would serve him greatly. Abel became a Knight following a line of tradition in his family, though before he could celebrate, or even breath he found himself amongst the Crusades. He was one of the few that left the failed conquest unscathed, bearing a new understanding of war, one that experience can only teach. It was apon his return when he was recruited to be a Guardian. The prospect of defending good from evil, and the knowledge he could attain was to much of an opportunity.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]Character Snippet:[/b] [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]

[B]Name: [/B] Tamaisynthe Reganse (ta-my-is-inth--ree-gan-see)
[B]Apparent Age:[/B] 18
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Weapons:[/B] Tamaisynthe carries an old-fashioned scythe, fitted with an ebony handle and a reinforced steel blade that shines blood red in the moonlight. She also has a single handgun strapped into a holster on her belt and a machete in her boot.
[B]Personality:[/B] Tamaisynthe, while lacking in main intelligence and common sense, is a fun person to be around. She is selfless and self-sacrificing. She is the stronghold where you can be at ease. Her little quirk is her bold speech; she openly speaks her mind and loves to throw in weird slang and phrases into the mix. Her one true flaw is that she represses her own feelings in order to make everyone else happy, which makes her a very sad person on the inside.
[B]Appearance: [/B] Tamaisynthe has an extremely slender build and stands at five feet and seven inches. Her strange grey eyes glitter underneathe her bangs.She wears her dark brown hair in two braids that are tied with red ribbon. Tamaisynthe wears a deep red lipstick, her eyes are darkened with black makeup, and her nails are of the darkest crimson. Her clothes consist of a tight-fitting black leather turtle-neck top with medium length sleeves that is decorated with silver studded runes and a pair of long white leather pants that are also adorned with runes, yet in gold instead of silver. Around her waist is a plain brown belt from which her gun holster hangs. On her feet are a pair of black combat boots.
[B]Bio:[/B] Before becoming a Guardian, Tamaisynthe has the vaguest memories of being the oldest child in a large family; this is where she acquired her big sister personality. She has spent most of her time as a guardian taking the jobs that no one else wants or cleaning up another gaurdian's mess-ups. She also puts up with the Elders' grievances and monkey-orders.
[B]Character Snippet:[/B] Give me a sample of your writing
I shall finish this later! For now I must vomit! Huzzah! :sick:

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Felix Delia (FEE-lix DEH-lia)

[b]Apparent Age:[/b] 20

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Weapons:[/b] Felix carries a sword that looks like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LanHikari89/possibleswordKoH.png][b]this[/b][/url] along with a scabbard that looks like this [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LanHikari89/scabbard.jpg][b]this[/b][/url]. He carries two handguns with him that look like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LanHikari89/gun02.png][b]this[/b][/url] and [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LanHikari89/gun01.png][b]this[/b][/url].

[b]Personality:[/b] Felix at first glance seems like someone who would normally be very closed off towards people and not someone very social. Those are descriptions of him that he laughs about though because he is the complete opposite of that. He likes to have fun and make new friends. He's very outgoing and doesn't like it when people are upset or are feeling down. He's very humorous and that occasionally gets him into trouble because he might joke about something that may be a sensitive topic. Whenever he gets into battle though, his attitude changes completely. He will then focus on his target and won't stop going after his goal/target.

[b]Appearance:[/b] He looks like [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/LanHikari89/Greysm00.png][b]this[/b][/url] without all of the clothes. He normally wears dark blue jeans that are cuffed at the bottom. He normally wears shirts that are slightly tight, but not overly revealing.

[b]Bio:[/b] Felix was and is a blacksmith at heart. He enjoyed seeing new weapons arise from the ashes and loved the idea of designing his own weapons, as well as use them in combat. His father was a well-known blacksmith in their small village and helped Felix learn how to be a proper blacksmith. His mother discouraged the idea of killing, but knew that Felix would one day be a person that would use weapons to his advantage. He learned about the Guardians from his mother and father and the idea of immortality and using weapons to protect people fascinated him.

After much training and studying, he was accepted to be a Guardian and has since enjoyed every minute of it. He has had many, many years to work on different weapons as well as getting many pointers from the brightest weapon designers and trainers imaginable. He now owns a training center specifically meant to train people in the way of the blade as well as the gun.

[b]Character Snippet:[/b] His fear getting the best of him, Felix notices his heartbeat rise. Sweaty palms didn?t help him hold a firm grip onto his blade, so he had to readjust his hands every few seconds.

His eyes blind in the dark scanned the room trying to obtain even the slightest shimmer of light so that he could more easily see the room. Nothing. That clicking noise he heard in the room wasn?t doing much to help him calm his senses either.

His heart beat rising even faster, he thought to himself, ?I?ve got to get out of here. Either that or find some way to light this room up. I can?t go on without the light.?

Just a few seconds later, he heard the sound of a blade cutting threw the air towards him. He blindly put up his sword in an effort to block whatever it was that was attacking him. He tried surveying the room once again, but to no avail.

He was going to have to fight whatever it was that was in there, with or without the aid of light.[/size]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]Name: Raphael Azariah Rutherford (Full Name)

Apparent Age: 25

Weapons: Raphael carries a scythe, with a cross wrapped around the hilt and the words inscribed "And he smote the wicked with a deep anguish in his heart for those unworthy of the sharp caress of his blade."

Personality: Raphael has two personas, resulting in Multiple Personality Disorder.

The First: Named for the Archangel, Raphael, the Healer of God, this young man is naturally a comforting, nurturing person at heart. However, his job comes before his religion and almost everything else. He is one of the most dedicated guardians, and will lay his life on the line for The Elders and his fellow comrades. This Raphael is quiet, and it takes a lot out of him to take charge of something. He is the present day Robin Hood that gives to those who need. Believing that everything and everyone has their place, Raphael knows more than his looks reveal.

The Second: This side of Raphael is rather bloodthirsty and is not afraid to run head first into battle. He is rather headstrong and cocky, giving himself a sense of invinsibility. After coming out of this side, Raphael returns to his normal, primary personality and often feels guilty for killing those who oppose him.

Appearance: See Attachment

Bio: Born into a richer family in England, Raphael has known luxuries in his life that others had only hoped for. However, instead of living up to the expectations of his family and marrying into another wealthy family, Raphael disappeared and traveled the world, learning of other cultures and new ways to train his body and mind. While in the Mountainous Regions of Western China, he learned to separate his feelings of love and nurturing from his primary purpose as a Guardian, thus birthed the second persona.

After learning that he was selected as a Guardian candidate, Raphael cleansed himself spiritually and became strongly faithful to the Lord in Heaven, Jesus Christ. He put his body through rigorous training and learned more about his possible new purpose in life.

After being accepted, he continued to wander the Earth in search of those trying to oppose the Elders and their ultimate wisdom.

Character Snippet:

[I][B]One of the three angels known by name, and one of the seven that stand before God's throne. They can only be called angels when they deliver some message. Moreover, those who deliver messages of lesser importance are called angels; and those who proclaim messages of supreme importance are called archangels.[/B][/I]

I knew from a young age that I would be something different. In my heart, I felt this longing to protect someone that was far away. I couldn't figure out this feeling, however, I knew that this premonition would come true.

[I][B]In the Heavenly Eyes of the Lord, May I Protect Those Who Need Me Most...[/B][/I]

I do what I'm told without a second thought about it. Call me what you will, however I do things for the good of all. I deliver the message of mortality through my blade, and the message of love through my heart.

In these years of new technology, I find myself to be rather old-fashioned. In the city, people stare at me as I pass them, never knowing who I truly am or to what significance I hold.

They will never know of the dangers that we twelve face in comparison to their day to day trials.

[Will Finish Later][/CENTER][/FONT]

[size=1]The first part of this post should be an apology. I am sorry to all those who signed up for this RP, but I regret to inform you all that it is no longer going ahead. I did not receive enough posts of high quality to begin the RP properly, and my experience indicates to me that starting such an RP would result in a thread full of spam, or it woulf fizzle out and die in a few days.

I have also resolved to plan my RPs better, and not just stick them up in the Inn when I think they are good enough. I am going to make sure that the rest of my RPs are well-planned, and of a much better quality than this one.

I apologise again to those whose time I have wasted in getting sign-ups, and I hope I haven't offended any of you.

Thank you all for your sign-ups, though, it was nice to get so much interest.
[/size]