OtakuBoards

The lady and the console...

BabyGirl

[color=deeppink]I've been having discussions lately with male friends at school and elsewhere, and I have been getting their opinions on us ladies who play video games (and ENJOY it...a lot.)

How do [i]you[/i] feel about girls who enjoy many hours of wasting away (well, ok, not wasting away, but you know what I mean) in front of an N64 or GameBoy? (like me...heh)...

I just want to see if the general consensus is that you males find it pretty damn cool...is that...true?

(And if this should be moved to GD, then that's fine, just thought I'd ask here first ;) )[/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]By all means, keep it here ^_^

I LOVE women that play Video Games. . they are so rare, and don't make us guys (or boys. . . LOL) so dorky about playing a game.

Don't get me wrong though, I KNOW no one likes how much time I spend on the GAMECUBE or used to spend on the GBA or N64. So that isn't really the thing. But it is awesome for me becuase I get to have discussions about something I love (which is pretty rare) with another person who is equally interested. Out of the women that I hang with, only 2 or 3 will actually pick up a controller and play with us. I am trying to get my friend Steve to bring out one of his co-workers with us more often, because she is supposedly huge into all types of games. . rock on that!. .

I actually wanted to start a thread about female players, but wasn't sure if it would be too succesful or not ^_^ Rock on BabyGirl
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well my old best friend had a NES and SNES so she is cool about talking over some of the newer stuff... she plays a lot of online games so she isnt totally against spending money on them...
and then there is you ;)... you are very into games and you actually WANT some of the stuff. i hope to marry someone as into games as you are... i dont want a girl as obssesed as i am... just someone who is into them... so for example... we get married (yea i know wont happen)... u wont be fighting me for 2 years before i am allowed to get a new system like i see at work all the time... u would packing my lunch and dinner so i could camp out to get one ;) (not a sexist joke just showing u would be enthusiastic about it) and when some games came out you wouldnt be as upset to letting me get them... especially if they were games you enjoyed
or like kittie for example... she has PS2 and the x-box (gag me plz i know, i almost broke up w/ her over it... j/k) and has quite the library of games for it ;)... so when we meet... we will have some comon ground to start from (once i quit hugging her so hard she cant breath) she is into all types of games which is really cool since she would let me get what i want more often than a wife that never played them
to me a girl that likes games... tend to be my really good friends... i even used to go over to this one girls house and play games and stuff... and it is really cool when your sitting there and u get beat by a girl in a game that most guys cant touch you in... even better when you kick her *** ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I think girls that play games are cool. They're few and far between, at least in my circle of friends, but I do know a few.

Most of the girls I know that have tried playing games just do it for kicks those one or two times. Sometimes it's a really cute ordeal, other times they really kick my butt ^_^;

I think it is really cool to find a girl that likes 64 as much (or near, they won't like it as much) as I do. But I have only seen girls that like Mario Cart, and Bust a Move. They are good games, but not a real hard core game. That is what who i need to meet. A girl that like 64 and the Dragon Warrior Monster games.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]and it is really cool when your sitting there and u get beat by a girl in a game that most guys cant touch you in... even better when you kick her *** ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hehehe...I can kick major booty in Mario Kart...though that game really isn't important. Too bad Rogue Sqadron doesn't have duel player modes because I would most definitely do quite well with that :smirk:.

As for being beaten...I don't enjoy that...hehe, I like beating boys, it's some sort of weird satisfaction :p Master O Beans could definitely kick my *** in 007, though he taught me a few tools of the trade while he was at it. If I owned that game, I'd probably be a bit more skilled at it...but alas, I do not own it so I rely on my natural, uh, skills...heh :p

Whoa, I need to stop rambling...I do it way too much...![/color]

Yeah, that is the best when a girl beats you in a video game. Then you have some fun getting even with her. :naughty:
BTW- BabyGirl, you do ramble a lot don't you. And i bet i could beat your booty in Pd and 007 ( I know you said your not very good at them, that is why i said them adn not mario cart.). That would be fun to be able to have people over lkie you just to beat you in a video game. And them kick you out in a foot of snow. Hehe, i am almost as evil as some people i know. *Cough*Cough*Britty *Cought*Cough*:devil:

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn"

Be careful taunting a woman that plays video games. . they WILL make you pay ^_^ I know that from many painful experiences. . though, women just like to hit me. . *shrug* . . and NO, I do NOT deserve it 90% of the time. . *looks around*

As for one thing I want to get out. People that hear about woman players, and they automatically assume that they are 'tom-boyish' and are ugly. I just want to set this straight and say that it is TOTALLY false. . Many of the women that I know who play games are very pretty, and oh so lethal~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Many of the women that I know who play games are very pretty, and oh so lethal~ [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You, my friend, are wise :naughty: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Hahaha, NoryokoAngelcry, she thikns that you mean her. LOL, oh this is funny.:laugh: :laugh: *falls out of his computer chair laughing* [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well. . I don't know her, but I wouldn't doubt her abilities for a second. . for all we know, she is just trying to hustle us and is probably the worlds greatest video game player ever. . . ^_^

But to be honest, no matter how good you think you are, there is someone always better then you out there. . and THAT is a scary thought. . LOL [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Hahaha, NoryokoAngelcry, she thikns that you mean her. LOL, oh this is funny.:laugh: :laugh: *falls out of his computer chair laughing* [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lol, actually, I was saying it was wise to say that most of us chicks who like playing video games are pretty and lethal...not like he was talking to me specifically.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Lol, actually, I was saying it was wise to say that most of us chicks who like playing video games are pretty and lethal...not like he was talking to me specifically.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Yes I was. . *ducks*

LOL, honestly though, I have played some women that make half the guys I play vs. look like kiddies who just picked up the controller for the first time, LOL. It is funny when they start to taunt the guys too. It is like magnified, because most guys are all still in that mindframe where men are superior to women. . just makes me laugh when they get all upset, and STILL can't do anything about it. . . I am sure BabyGirl has run into instances like that :D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=7][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]BABYGIRL IS [B][I][U]NOT[/U][/I][/B] PRETTY[/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]she is drop dead gourgous girl is oh sooooooo beautfiul best looking girl on the boards IMO... mind u my fiance isnt human so she dont count ;) but baby girl is very very pretty... and she knows more about zelda then most guys do ;) so u could call that her letal part... or she could just kill u while u drool *wipes up the drool on his keyboard before anyone notices*[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]