OtakuBoards

Yugioh GX

James P. Galvatron

It had a decent first episode, and it left me wanting to know more.

I just don't get why the kid got a winged kuriboh which really isn't that cool of a card
I mean Yugi had Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Gaia and thats when he first started out all this kid gets is a Winged Kuriboh from Yugi I mean thats pretty cheap.

I just don't get why if its Kaibai's Duel Academy why didn't he show his face or Mokuba I know Yugi and Mokuba were younger than Tea, Tristan, Kaiba, and Joey. But where were they at during this whole episode and series.

They played the first four episodes back to back today it seems like a Harry Potter type deal for duelists and the little blue haired height challenged Yugi look a like really creeps me out. New cards, new story but it seems like the same characters in different roles I may change my mind if I find a subbed copy but for now I'll just watch an episode occasionally to see if it improves.

I like it better than the original. It focuses more on dueling and less on social studies class about the egyptians. LOL. I just hope they don't pull the old "Power of friendship" and the "Heart of the cards" cheesey stuff. It totally messed up the original. Also...why do they call it Yu-Gi-oh Gx, when Yugi isn't even in it.

[quote name='Nomura']I like it better than the original. It focuses more on dueling and less on social studies class about the egyptians. LOL. I just hope they don't pull the old "Power of friendship" and the "Heart of the cards" cheesey stuff. It totally messed up the original. Also...why do they call it Yu-Gi-oh Gx, when Yugi isn't even in it.[/quote]

I love both Yu-gi-oh and Yu-gi-oh GX. I dont mind the mushy "heart of the cards" stuff. And you will be disapointed to know that there is the "i have a bond with my cards" stuff in GX. Oh, and GX means "Generation NeXt." Its in the song.

like i said, i love both of them...but i gotta say that i like Yu-gi-oh alot better than GX. GX is cool, and im glad that CN got it, but the story line in Yugioh was alot better in my opinion. It doesnt mean that GX is in any way bad....i just like the original more.

[quote name='Nomura']Also...why do they call it Yu-Gi-oh Gx, when Yugi isn't even in it.[/quote]
Yu-gi-oh is Japanese for king of games, which is the title that Jaten wants to achieve. I think that the GX stands for generation X.

I like Yu-Gi-oh GX. Its cool show and Yugi had pass on the title to some one. The new charaters in Gx are good but I like the Yu-Gi-Oh characters better. Plus, the names were easier to remenber in Yu-Gi-oh too. In Gx I have a harder remenbering the names.

Yep it's Generation Next...Next generation...future... Well you get the idea. I definitely like Jaden better. Yugi just seems a lil' too goody tushu. But the manga of the original is awesome and will always be the best. LOL. I totally respect the original, since we wouldn't have GX without it. I wonder'll if they'll start making some new cards from GX, so I can upgrade my deck...

I'm still a little iffy on GX my self. I don't know, something about it isn't just making me want to make a mental note of when the next episode is. It's got its good points though, like when you're dueling everything isn't always about all the yelling in pain when your lifepoints are attacked. I don't who it was...a teacher as far as I think, got hit in the head with a peice of his monster. Mildly entertaining. :animeswea

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I like Yu-gi-oh GX. It pretty cool. Ever since the show came out (original version) its been real cool. But as it went along for awhile everybody just gave up on it. I was so disapointed. Especially being one of the best duelist in the whole entire school. (man now everybody makes fun of me , :sleep: so I stopped after awhile) Anyway I think its awsome. Its more hightech though. Cryus (I think thats how u spell it) sounds like little Yugi and Alexis Rose is an awsome charecter (she looks like Kaiba)( [B]lol[/B] As from experience ppl make fun of it. Oh-well I like though
:D (I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh fan) :animesmil [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Cryus (I think thats how u spell it) sounds like little Yugi and Alexis Rose is an awsome charecter (she looks like Kaiba)( lol As from experience ppl make fun of it. Oh-well I like though[/QUOTE]

Really? From what I saw, Alexis Rose reminds me a bit of Joey in looks and Mai in personality.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] :animeswea I dunno? Some of the charecters resemble most of originals so I cant say anything. And did you know that they edited the swimsuits in, on the fake letter episode. LOL It wasnt so supposed to show. (haha thought I'd tell you ppl, even thought its not important oh well :animesigh [/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, when I saw the commercial for this show, I thought: "How dumb." So, what happens? I actually watch it and eat my words. X3 I think it's okay. That chick that looks like both Joey and Kaiba kinda freaks me out though....

EDIT: Alright, so I [I]didn'[/I]t know that there were[I] two[/I] different topics about this.

I find this series a waste of time man the characters are no where near as good as Yugi, Joey, Kaiba, Weevil, or Rex Raptor even in the first season.

I mean all the characters decks center around Fusion Monsters the only one who doesn't need fusion monsters to win is the Zane guy.
Cause Jaden has to be the worst duelist ever you could never see him as a guy who could actually win a duel several people should have beaten him by now.

I just want to know how a rookie duelist could go toe to toe with the Paradox Brothers when they gave Joey and Yugi on of the toughest duels ever sure it was in the Labrinyth. Still this kid wins impossible duels with terrible weak monsters unlike Yugi whos deck seemed almost unbeatable even before he got the God cards.

if you couldn't tell by my username, i'm a huge fan of Yu-gi-Oh! :animesmil
anyways, i've looked at Tv listings and i noticed that Yu-Gi-Oh was only on once a week. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX seems to be doing fine and is on more that twice (i think it was) a day everyday. (i'm a fan of that too) so i though "since YGO GX is here, will it kick the original out?" this is the final season of Yu-Gi-Oh! and there are aout 20 episodes laft. when will it be on again? maybe will it go off the air on the final episode.or just go to some random episode on some random channel. huh.....
has this happend with other shows?
but my main question is: When and how long will Yu-Gi-Oh be on the air after the final episode?????????????????

(i think it'll start off on the first episode on Kids' WB)