SaiyanPrincessX Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 What type of karate is used in Dragonball Z,or which is the best? I know thier are alot of types,confusing...
Fall Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 This should be in General Anime, or better still, DragonBall......... Well, I don't know, but I think they use just plain Karate, and Ju Ditzu.................i'm not entirely sure.
Gee-enki Dama Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 DBZ just uses lots of quick punch kick combos and is not really based on any martial art i belive
DaRk DrAgOn Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 I don't know what kind of karate they use,but why do you want to know????:D
Guest Matt Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 they use ultimate super saiyan karate! it's #1! :p
Guest Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 Well they don't use a certain style in Dragonballzgt. They just use mind training and fighting with the soul. Like that old dude from Karate kid. Except without the wax. :D
Syk3 Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 In dragonball Z, they use the "perfect" fighting karate which does not really exist. You can call it what u want but it is not really given a name.
Raquel Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 how about the "youdon'thaveachancesogetoutofmywayori'llkickyourass" style? spaced out that would be you don't have a chance so get out of my way or i'll kick your a.s.s
SephirothNIN Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Yeah I don't really see any kung fu or tae kwon do in there. The closest 'martial art' form I can think of is shotoken, what ryu and ken use in Street Fighter, hehe. Altho if that is the case then capcom got it from DBZ, since DBZ was first. The Kamehameha and hadouken both have the same hand motion, dragon uppercut (shinryuken) is in the Hildegarn movie (13), and in the Janemba one (12) goku uses a very hurricane kicklike (no clue what the hell this is in Japanese, something long) against a bunch of fat Janembas. I'm sure there are more shotoken references ::shrugs::, people like vegeta and piccolo have their own weirdo style tho, and I'm speaking mainly about goku, gohan, krillin, and the other humans who use the ryu-ish style.
Syk3 Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i] [B]Yeah I don't really see any kung fu or tae kwon do in there. The closest 'martial art' form I can think of is shotoken, what ryu and ken use in Street Fighter, hehe. Altho if that is the case then capcom got it from DBZ, since DBZ was first. The Kamehameha and hadouken both have the same hand motion, dragon uppercut (shinryuken) is in the Hildegarn movie (13), and in the Janemba one (12) goku uses a very hurricane kicklike (no clue what the hell this is in Japanese, something long) against a bunch of fat Janembas. I'm sure there are more shotoken references ::shrugs::, people like vegeta and piccolo have their own weirdo style tho, and I'm speaking mainly about goku, gohan, krillin, and the other humans who use the ryu-ish style. [/B][/QUOTE] Wow, that really sounded convincing. What? It really did!
kakkarot ssj4 Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 if u look closly in the shows... they repeat moves.. that what drawers do to take time up and make things easier for them. they do alot of kicks and combos. umm i say they just use the ki and the force. along with other superpowers.:wigout:
Guest Matt Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 they must have a ton of mediclorians(sp?). :D more than anakin. "the reading...it's off the chart. even master yoda doesn't even have this many." :laugh: [b]MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU[/b]
Sephiroth Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 they don't really use any type of fighting style in the series, its just simple punches and kicks, and a few stances every now and then, although in early dragonball, when gohan was teaching chibi son gokou, I believe he said kenpo, or something....
Hinata Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 I have to agree w. Sephiroth for for sure..b/c the only thing that I see stand out are the stances..which reminds me of a few of the Tae Kwon Do stances that they do...That's about it that I notice
Kaioshin Posted December 4, 2001 Posted December 4, 2001 In DBZ they use all the different types of martial arts.
Gohan Posted December 5, 2001 Posted December 5, 2001 I agree with wot Kakkarott SSJ4 sed. all they do is the same punches and kicks for a bit and then change stance and just carry on agen. It doesn't sound that interestin but i'm sure that everyone will agree that the majority of fights rock!!!:)
WarGreymon01 Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 I have to disagree with everyone becauase Goku tells the driver on his way to Snake Way the he uses the Kamesenin style.
Syk3 Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 1) Ur a little late pal 2) Y did u post that pic for no reason?!? 3)Ok, ok, it was a pretty good source for the answer
Dragonballzman Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 I thought picture posts weren't allowed? Anywayz, like everyone else has said, they rarely use any particular martial arts techniques. They just kick and punch alot. :D
GotenksSSJ343 Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 I also agree all it is most of the time is kicking and punching then somthing else
Syk3 Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i] [B]I thought picture posts weren't allowed? [/B][/QUOTE] [*IMG*] [*/IMG*] do not work on otaku due to "rude banners". Those type of images come strait out, without having to click a link or anything. the ones we r talking about are alowed. There is no way that links will not be allowed, and the extensions are almost the same thing. This way, a topic, post, or member will be deleted without major chaos.
PRINCE_VEGETA Posted December 27, 2001 Posted December 27, 2001 Sorry kid there is no style in dbz its just made up **** dbz dont use style of any of the martial arts alive that we know.:D
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted December 27, 2001 Posted December 27, 2001 :lecture: Prince Vegeta is right. There is really no specific type of martial arts in DBZ. It's mainly just kicks and punches that Akira Toriyama just threw in. But, he did do a hell of a good job with it! :therock: what is she talking about... (Vegeta)
PRINCE_VEGETA Posted January 6, 2002 Posted January 6, 2002 How many times do i have to say THEY DONT USE ANY ARTS U THINK IN REAL LIFE THEY CAN SHOOT FIRE BALLS OR KICK AS FAST OR PUNCH AS FAST IDIOTS THINK BOUT IT :mad: :mad:
Syk3 Posted January 7, 2002 Posted January 7, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PRINCE_VEGETA [/i] [B]How many times do i have to say THEY DONT USE ANY ARTS U THINK IN REAL LIFE THEY CAN SHOOT FIRE BALLS OR KICK AS FAST OR PUNCH AS FAST IDIOTS THINK BOUT IT :mad: :mad: [/B][/QUOTE] They might not use an exact way of the arts, but everything comes from something. I bet it was based on a Japanese fighting style that influenced Akira on this amazing anime fighting. You think too literal, and don't use all caps.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now