OtakuBoards

The Nintendo logo

Fall

Hey, I wanted to ask you guys if Nintendo ever had a different logo other than the 3D N?? Because in every magazine I get, that 3D N is used instead of writing the actual word Nintendo. Did they have another logo, for example, Mario, as their logo. I know that now Mario is one of the most popular characters of Nintendo. But why wasn't he used as a logo?? Did nintendo ever have a different logo??

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I might not be understanding what you are talking about. . but Nintendo's REAL logo is the red writing of NINTENDO with a red oval frame around it. . might not make so much sense the way I am saying it. . but if/when I can find a picture, I will post it here. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I might not be understanding what you are talking about. . but Nintendo's REAL logo is the red writing of NINTENDO with a red oval frame around it. . might not make so much sense the way I am saying it. . but if/when I can find a picture, I will post it here. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
There you go! That's a different logo. And yes, I know that that is the real Nintendo logo, infact, I've known that for awhile now. But what I am talking about is, on their consoles, like the N64 had the 3D N for it's logo. A the Super Nintendo logo, as Neo said, was this little flower looking thing, that was red, and blue. And the Gameboy was that big square block writing saying "GAMEBOY" and the Gamboy Colour was the same, except it had "COLOUR" in bubble writing underneath. You know what I'm sayin' ?? I'm looking at the console logos, not the Nintendo logo.

But thanks for pointing that out, Noryko.......

The 3-d N was only for AFTER n64 came out. I still have my old snes but can't fimnd it and it had a logo on it that wasn't the 3-d N (No duh). So to answer there was a logo and I believe as Neo said I believe it was the Nintendo with a red oval around it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]The SNES logo was cool, it was Mario's eyes and eyebrows.

It actually took me a while to realize that lol. But when I realized...I took a closer look and you can see it. :)

It was a cool logo.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
I remember that. It was the SNES's other logo. It's not Mario's eyes and eyebrows though, it's an adaption of the Japanese Super Famicom logo. (which you can see in the Special World in Super Mario World.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]i rember that logo, i played a few of my games, and saw it. wow, i would have never thought of that, unless i needed to know that. the one i cant rember was the logo for jagwar.:2women: [/B][/QUOTE]]

Now what exactly is Jagwar? Is it a game, or a system, or what?

Oh yes, the silver pocket Gameboy logo. And that leads me to another question:

How come the Gameboy pocket is that silver gameboy, when I had this big bulky blue Gameboy, about twice the size of the silver one in jcgoudy's pic, and on its box, it said "Gameboy Pocket"??

[color=indigo]The Game Boy Pocket came in several different colors. The pictures that I have of the Boxes aren't the actual size of the boxes in real life. The size of the GBP is about the same size as the GBC.

Here'a a .zip file with pictures of all the different colored GBP boxes that I have:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]The Game Boy Pocket came in several different colors. The pictures that I have of the Boxes aren't the actual size of the boxes in real life. The size of the GBP is about the same size as the GBC.

Here'a a .zip file with pictures of all the different colored GBP boxes that I have:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks. I was thinking that the GBP I have was an earlier model, but from that, it isn't. :) Thanks again.