Fall Posted December 1, 2001 Posted December 1, 2001 Hey, I wanted to ask you guys if Nintendo ever had a different logo other than the 3D N?? Because in every magazine I get, that 3D N is used instead of writing the actual word Nintendo. Did they have another logo, for example, Mario, as their logo. I know that now Mario is one of the most popular characters of Nintendo. But why wasn't he used as a logo?? Did nintendo ever have a different logo??
NeoCactuar Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 I thought there was a diffrent one for Snes, and Nes. But i might be wrong, i never owned the system but i'm pretty sure i remember a diffrent logo.
NorykoAngelcry Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I might not be understanding what you are talking about. . but Nintendo's REAL logo is the red writing of NINTENDO with a red oval frame around it. . might not make so much sense the way I am saying it. . but if/when I can find a picture, I will post it here. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Fall Posted December 2, 2001 Author Posted December 2, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i] [B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I might not be understanding what you are talking about. . but Nintendo's REAL logo is the red writing of NINTENDO with a red oval frame around it. . might not make so much sense the way I am saying it. . but if/when I can find a picture, I will post it here. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] There you go! That's a different logo. And yes, I know that that is the real Nintendo logo, infact, I've known that for awhile now. But what I am talking about is, on their consoles, like the N64 had the 3D N for it's logo. A the Super Nintendo logo, as Neo said, was this little flower looking thing, that was red, and blue. And the Gameboy was that big square block writing saying "GAMEBOY" and the Gamboy Colour was the same, except it had "COLOUR" in bubble writing underneath. You know what I'm sayin' ?? I'm looking at the console logos, not the Nintendo logo. But thanks for pointing that out, Noryko.......
Kuja Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]gcn is that unfolding G thing :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Desbreko Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 Here's some pics of all the Nintendo logos that I have:
James Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 [color=crimson][size=1]The SNES logo was cool, it was Mario's eyes and eyebrows. It actually took me a while to realize that lol. But when I realized...I took a closer look and you can see it. :) It was a cool logo.[/color][/size]
Guest Posted December 2, 2001 Posted December 2, 2001 The 3-d N was only for AFTER n64 came out. I still have my old snes but can't fimnd it and it had a logo on it that wasn't the 3-d N (No duh). So to answer there was a logo and I believe as Neo said I believe it was the Nintendo with a red oval around it.
Desbreko Posted December 3, 2001 Posted December 3, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=crimson][size=1]The SNES logo was cool, it was Mario's eyes and eyebrows. It actually took me a while to realize that lol. But when I realized...I took a closer look and you can see it. :) It was a cool logo.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] I remember that. It was the SNES's other logo. It's not Mario's eyes and eyebrows though, it's an adaption of the Japanese Super Famicom logo. (which you can see in the Special World in Super Mario World.
boris Posted December 20, 2001 Posted December 20, 2001 i rember that logo, i played a few of my games, and saw it. wow, i would have never thought of that, unless i needed to know that. the one i cant rember was the logo for jagwar.:2women:
Fall Posted December 20, 2001 Author Posted December 20, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i] [B]i rember that logo, i played a few of my games, and saw it. wow, i would have never thought of that, unless i needed to know that. the one i cant rember was the logo for jagwar.:2women: [/B][/QUOTE]] Now what exactly is Jagwar? Is it a game, or a system, or what?
Kuja Posted December 21, 2001 Posted December 21, 2001 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]the atari jagwar or however you spell that animal/car/system ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Fall Posted December 21, 2001 Author Posted December 21, 2001 Oh yes, that thing. Now I understand. Another question: What logo did the Pocket Gameboy have?
Desbreko Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 [color=indigo]Well, I've never been able to find the GB Pocket logo by itself, but I do have a picture of a GBP box. It has the logo on it. Here it is:[/color]
Fall Posted December 22, 2001 Author Posted December 22, 2001 Oh yes, the silver pocket Gameboy logo. And that leads me to another question: How come the Gameboy pocket is that silver gameboy, when I had this big bulky blue Gameboy, about twice the size of the silver one in jcgoudy's pic, and on its box, it said "Gameboy Pocket"??
Desbreko Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 [color=indigo]The Game Boy Pocket came in several different colors. The pictures that I have of the Boxes aren't the actual size of the boxes in real life. The size of the GBP is about the same size as the GBC. Here'a a .zip file with pictures of all the different colored GBP boxes that I have:[/color]
Fall Posted December 23, 2001 Author Posted December 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i] [B][color=indigo]The Game Boy Pocket came in several different colors. The pictures that I have of the Boxes aren't the actual size of the boxes in real life. The size of the GBP is about the same size as the GBC. Here'a a .zip file with pictures of all the different colored GBP boxes that I have:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Ok, thanks. I was thinking that the GBP I have was an earlier model, but from that, it isn't. :) Thanks again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now