OtakuBoards

The Microwave Men!

SSJ5 Vegeta

Where to begin...

I called my friend Kennah this thursday, then kennah three wayed my friend Matt. We had a plan, and a lot of guts.

Then I three wayed 106.1 the hits radio station. When the dude picked up my friend Matt goes: "We would like to let all the listeners in the Q106.1 listening area thingy to know that the world is safe because of" then me, Kennah and Matt all go, "The microwave men!" The announcer was cracking up, then my friend Matt goes "Put us on the air... Pleeeze... Give you a dollar." Then the announcer was like: "Huh?" cuz' he couldn't hear us very well and Matt was like "Huh?" Then I go: "We are the microwave men," then Kennah goes: "Yes let the world know that it is safe because of the Microwave men." THen I go: "Goodbye." And he put us on the air at the next break! OMG it was hilarious. What's more I have it recorded! Just PM me and I'll email it to ya.

Then I went to a concert by a local band tonight. It was kool. They played stuff like Stone Temple Pilots, and Blink, and Lit... Punk/Hard Rock. Plus they even had originals, which one of them kicked, it was like Stone Temple Pilots type heavy, but part of it was fast like punk. Then me and Matt come on stage and sing Green Day, "When I come around." And I just got lost and started freestyling and I was like: "And I like to masturbate on old men's faces.... But I'm just f***ed up like that". And the crowd for some strange reason, about 200-300 people went wild and started cheering and stuff, then at the end I was like: "You know where I'll be found, when I f*** your dog." And everyone was laughing and cheering. I also got to sing a few more songs like Blink 182 Dammit, and Lit: My Own Worst Enemy. And then when I got done everyone complemented me on my singing and said I was a kickass vocalist, cuz' I sounded like the band I was singing after. Then the drummer gave me two drumsticks and let me try out his drumset. I played Chop Suey, and 311 flowing on the drums, then just did some freestyle stuff and everyone said I kicked a** on drums too. I got to keep the sticks. Then after the band left the DJ started and I just played along to the songs on an invisible drumset and people were still complementing me. The thing is, I've never taken drum lessons, I just have natural rythm, it's like I can hear the song in my head and I just follow along. So then my friend Kennah who can play guitar really good, he's also got natural rythm. If he hears a song, within like 30 seconds he's already playing it. Then we got Matt, the other member of the infamous Microwave Men and we decided to form a punk/metal band! Me on Drums and Lead Vocals, Kennah on guitar and Matt on Backing vocals. Thing is we just need a Bassist. But we'll get one really soon. And we're already tabbing down songs, then we're gonna' make a demo and on 106.1 the radio station that played us, they have a make it or break it where you can send in demos and they play band demos and people vote on the band. Well we'll make a demo and send it in. So whenever you hear our songs on the radio waves you'll now that...

We are....

THE MICROWAVE MEN!

And now here's some pics of the Microwave Men. These were all taken at a local teen club I go to, to hang out with some of my friends. Here's Matt W.

He's backing vocals in our band.

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112457[/url]

Here's the man on percussion, and vocals. Yours truly... Couldn't get a pic of Kennah the guitarist though.

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112458[/url]

Here's just a funny a** pic of matt making out with a fake tree. lol... The other guy is my homie Chris C. Matt's in middle school, and Chris is in High School wit me.

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112459[/url]

Hah, that's funny as hell SSJ5. One problem, the pics you attached don't show up.

Hmmm, Microwave men... i'll have to remember that...

LoL:laugh: Good times, good times. One question though: won't it be kinda hard playing the drums and doing lead vocals at the same time? I mean I know guys play the guitar and do lead vocals at the same time, but I've never seen someone do it while playing drums....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]Hah, that's funny as hell SSJ5. One problem, the pics you attached don't show up.

Hmmm, Microwave men... i'll have to remember that... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats my fault... when I deleted his other posts to put them into his first one only, it must have deleted the attachment as well. Ah, oh well, he'll have to post them again, preferably upload them so it's not one post after another... he can just edit his original post.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]LoL:laugh: Good times, good times. One question though: won't it be kinda hard playing the drums and doing lead vocals at the same time? I mean I know guys play the guitar and do lead vocals at the same time, but I've never seen someone do it while playing drums.... [/B][/QUOTE]

An example of a band that has a vocalist as a drummer is SUM 41. And really, it helps me out if I actually have the song in my head, or sing it out cuz' it helps me remember the drum beats better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]Hah, that's funny as hell SSJ5. One problem, the pics you attached don't show up.

Hmmm, Microwave men... i'll have to remember that... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm... The links in my first post that Transtic edited worked for me. What's cool is today we got our bassist. I was just asking around, and my friend Chris S. came up and said, "You need a bassist? Hell I can play bass." And I was like, "You wanna' be in The Microwave Men?". His reply was, "Hell yeah." So that's tight.

The pics work for me, so I guess I'll just post the links again and tell you who's who: (Oh yeah, I don't have a pic of Kennah)

Matt [b]Vocals[/b] : [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112457[/url]

Kennah [b]Guitar[/b]: No pics for Kennah as of yet.

Chris [b]Bassist[/b]: (This is a funny pic of matt making out with a tree, chris is the dude looking over his shoulder)
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112459[/url]

Me [b]Drums/Vocals[/b]: (This is a pic of me and Chris. I'm the one with blonde hair. To see it view the attachment at the bottom of the post.)

OMG, that is some funny sheat. The closes i have done to taht is prank call people pretending to be a radio station. OMG, that was funny. We pick names and called them, one guy we said that we gonna send him a free t-shirt and some other stuff. You should try that. Play a littel music and have them guess it, if they get it right or wrong tell them you will send them a prize and to check there mailbox.

[QUOTE]An example of a band that has a vocalist as a drummer is SUM 41. And really, it helps me out if I actually have the song in my head, or sing it out cuz' it helps me remember the drum beats better.[/QUOTE]

The drummer for Sum-41 doesn't do lead vocals though. It's pretty common for drummers to do background vocals, but lead vocals is almost unheard of. I hope you're very good at the whole rub your belly while patting your head concept.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]

The drummer for Sum-41 doesn't do lead vocals though. It's pretty common for drummers to do background vocals, but lead vocals is almost unheard of. I hope you're very good at the whole rub your belly while patting your head concept..... [/B][/QUOTE]

I think I will just stick with doing background vocals. Matt can handle the lead vocals.

I'm also progressing on the drums. Today I learned the entire drum set to Drowning Pool - bodies, and Puddle of Mud - Control.

The Microwave Men have struck again! Shoutouts to Q106.1 for being a f***ing awesome radio station and putting us on the air.

We called them up last night and here's how it went:

[b]Announcer:[/b] Q106.1

[b]Me:[/b]This has been another public service announcement from...

[b]Kenny, Matt, and Me:[/b] The Microwave Men!

[b]Announcer:[/b] *chuckles*

[b]Kenny:[/b] We just wanted to let everyone know what the microwave men think of Bin Laden... We say

[b]Kenny, Matt and Me:[/b] Screw Bin Laden!

[b]Kenny:[/b] Now I want everyone in the q106.1 listening area, and the DJ to say it with us, on 3, and put a little heart into it!

[b]DJ, Kenny, Matt, and Me:[/b] SCREW BIN LADEN!

[b]Me:[/b] Thank you and goodbye. *hangs up*

They played that on the air too! And the coolest thing is... The DJ yelled it with us!

Ahahahahaha!

[COLOR=darkblue]All of these stories are reminding me of my wild and crazy days.........wait a sec., I'm still living those days! At least my friend Julee can't talk me into jumping on stage, and screaming something like, "I'm an old school Atari, come and play with me!:flasher:" anymore. Wow.... what's the point of this message... I think I'm lost. :worried:

Who else thinks this smilie looks...really...um...'bad'?:alcohol:[/COLOR]