OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Summon

Jenova

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

It's been years since I played Final Fantasy VI, VII and VIII so forgive me if I can't recall who my favoured Aeons were in those games. I have started playing FFX again in the last few weeks and have actually had a relatively easy time because I'm just about to fight Seymour in Bevelle and Lulu just learned Flare, so until I get some Level 3 Key Spheres I'm not going anywhere in terms of the Grid. Still favourite Aeon.

[B]Final Fantasy X:[/B] This one is a toss up between Ifrit and Bahamut, I've always loved Ifrit and his look in FFX was so feral and powerful that it really did him justice in my point of view. While most people will only use Ifrit when they face an Ice based enemy, like Shiva for instance, I will use Ifrit at any occasion as until I had Bahamut I had no stronger overall Aeon.

Then of course you have the utterly deadly Bahamut, who made the whole Bevelle trip worthwhile, aside from rescuing Yuna from that cad Seymour. As someone said earlier in the thread the whole crossed-arms thing gives him that whole "Don't **** with me look", then of course you take into account he's able to do over 9,999 damage right from the start and you can't help but love him. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='PaganAngel']Wow, am I the only one who cared for Ixion from FFX at all?[/quote]

No way! I loved that thing! it's regular attack was one of my favorites, because it used it's horn like a sword! I also like the way Yuna pulled it out of the lightning well in the sky she created...awesomeness. ;)

[QUOTE=terjak]my first favorite is leviathan from FF9.
serpents are cool, especially when they hit you with a tsunami the size of a 5 story building.l[/QUOTE]

I loved that one to... especially in 8, when it made a waterfall or something... I don't remember... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Does.....does no one like Alexander?

He's my all-time favorite summon from the final fantasy games. When I was torturing myself by playing ff8, that summon was one of the only things that made the game cool. And the way it was put into ff9 was just so cool, I only wish I had been able to summon him during battles.

The other aeons are all well and good, but to me Alexander's so awesome that there's no more room left in my heart for the others. XD

Mmm... Alexander...

Yes, that mechanical holy-man certainly kicked some sitting appendage.

Sad thing is, I refused to admit that he couldn't be used in FFIX. I ran around for so-o-o long in Alexandria, hoping to find some super-secret-summon-crystal in the middle of some random street. But alas... 'twas not to be...

Shiva and Bahamut are definitely my best runner-up summons. Shiva always managed to look elegant as she blasted someone to death with ickle bits of ice, and Bahamut was... well... Bahamut.

In FFX I can't say that I liked him that much. He was too... chunky. But I s'pose Anima made up for him in regards to looks, and in power.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I would have to say that the Chocobo Summon from FF VII has got to be my most favorite summon ever. It was so funny because you'd never know if you would get a moogle rifing a chocobo or a fat chocobo falling from out of nowhere!! It was so cute and hilarious at the same time!! I cracked up everytime I used it!!

Another one of my favorite summons is Anima from FF X. That sucker looked so cool whenever you summoned it. And when you do it's Oblivion attack, that was the most awesomest attack that I ever saw. Even though he was pretty hard to get, it was so worth it. :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]Yay! My turn! Now, where to start.
At the moment I just bought FFIV [here in Japan, but I'm sure the American/European realease is probably just a month or so away] and right now I'm just up to the part where [spoiler]Rydia comes and saves your *** from the bad guys[/spoiler]. So, now onto my Summon preferances:

[B]FFIV:[/B] My definite favourite Summon in this one has got to be Dragon. You've gotta love how he just appears out of the mist like it does, and the fact that [I think] it has a non-elemental attack just sweetens the deal that much more.

[B]FFVII:[/B] No real fave here, to tell the truth I kinda lost it with the Summons in this game. If I had to pick one though, I'd go with KoTR, just for the sweet damage. And as if you wouldn't want a small army of Knights bashing your enemies for you? I kinda did feel like their General or something when I summoned them.

[B]FFVIII:[/B] Eden, all the way. Not because of damage or looks, but by the time I got it I was so happy with myself that I used it whenever I could. It just grew on me from there.

[B]FFIX:[/B] This game was kinda one of my faves to tell the truth. Not many people say it, but I will on any occasion. I liked the slightly Elizabethan look to some of the towns, and the clothes that the characters wore. It blended in so well with the whole magic thing that I fell in love with it. So, *drumroll* my favourite FFIX Eidolon was Carbuncle for cuteness and Bahamut for pure dragon-ness. Plus the fact that it was in a number of CGs totally awesome.

[B]FFX:[/B] Finally, here we are at my last fave. Valefor, because I liked [spoiler]it's second overdrive[/spoiler]. But all time fave in this one is Anima, because it was so emo-looking and depressing. I definitely fell in love with the massive damage it was capable of dealing. Also, for the same reason as Eden, it was a pain to get.

Well those are my fave Summons/G.Fs/Eidolons/Aeons. Looking forward to FFXII's release to find out what kind of Summoning system they'll have, if any.[/SIZE][/COLOR]