OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Summon

Jenova

This question is mostly only for the final fantasy fans who have played 7, 8, 9 and 10. (I think those are the only ones) Wich is the most popular aeon in any final fantasy game? Mine would have to be Odin hands down from ff 7. :D

What's your'es?

[size=1][color=darkred]Oooo, there are too many for me to choose between. Odin has always been among my favorites. I guess I will just list by the more recent games.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]In FF7 my favorites would have to be Odin, Hades, and Choco/Mog. Odin I like alot just because I really like Norse mythology, same goes to Hades and Greek. Choco/Mog on the other hand was just really funny to watch.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]In FF8, my favorite GF would have to be Diablos hands down. He wasn't the most useful as far as a summon, though if used at the begining of the battle he was pretty helpful. But overall I just like his demon like appearance. I also would say I liked Infrit alot in that game. [spoiler]Odin was ok, but I liked Gilgamesh alot better[/spoiler][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Now for FF9, I would have to go with Odin, I have by far liked him the best in this game. I tend to like darker summons for some reason. I also liked Bahumat, and Fenrir alot as well, Fenrir for the Norse tie in again and Bahumat, whats not to like about him. I thought Carbuncle was really cute though, I like really cute things too.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]In FFX, I would have to say Bahumat or Anima. I really liked Anima alot, her attacks where crazy. Then Bahumat's appearance was awesome, he looked sweet. I need to replay this game, I havent played it in far to long.[/color][/size]

Definately Shiva, that Ice-Queen had everything. Sytle, power, strength and pure Aeon beauty. She's helped me out a lot in FFX-10 when all my other Aeon died in major battles and she came through to help me out and take the win. GOOO SHIVA!!!

[QUOTE=shadowofdeath13]
[size=1][color=darkred] [spoiler]Odin was ok, but I liked Gilgamesh alot better[/spoiler][/color][/size]
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Aw, come on. At least Odin ALWAYS kills whatever he comes up against.

Anyway, I've got my general run down here (Not edited for length):

[B]FF7[/B] Didn't get that far into it, but I gotta say I love the chocobo and fat chocobo summons. Comic relief is always great, and it actually did ok damage.

[B]FF8[/B] Ah, yes, my favorite. While Diablos is 7 kinds of awesome for damage and look, I've got one I like better for either category. I like Bahamut's look better. I mean, come on, he's a bloody dragon! We like dragons. Anyway, Eden (If you have the patience and/or awesomeness to get it), usually does more damage. You can boost to 250 EVERY TIME and, [spoiler] You can get above 9999 damage[/spoiler]

[B]FF9[/B] I don't remember this one as well, but I recall liking the Ramuh summone a lot. Just thought it looked nifty. Again, a nod to Bahamut, and a general agreement that Odin is awesome. Next!

[B]FF10[/B] Again, didn't get very far. I know, however, that I really didn't care much for Bahamut in that one. I didn't really like the look of feathers and stuff. I did, however, like Ifrit in there. With the fire and the pain and such. Good stuff.

Overall, FF8's Bahamut. Just can't beat Dragons.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I changed the title to "Favorite Final Fantasy Summon," since they're only called Aeons in FFX and FFX-2. Summoned monsters in general, however, date back all the way to either FFII or FFIII (I forget which).

Personally, I've always liked Bahamut ZERO from FFVII. First, it harkens back to FFIV where Bahamut lived on the moon, which I think is cool because FFIV in my favorite in the series. Second ... it's a nuke from orbit. That's hard to argue with. Sure, its damage is capped at 9999 and Knights of the Round completely overshadows that, but Bahamut ZERO still looks damn awesome. And, unlike KotR, you can mime ZERO all to hell while fighting Ruby WEAPON without it countering with Ultima every single time.[/color]

[color=darkred]Odin is pretty cool, and so are the FFVII Bahamuts, but the FFX Bahamut's stance (crossed arms, straight back, chest sticking out) takes the cake for badazzness.

For looks, I like Jumbo Cactuar from FFVIII, and his pimp moustache. Though of course, Ifrit's dialogue from FFVIII is way too much.

"What? They have Shiva!"[/color]

Any of the Bahamuts were awsome. I too have many favs but I think the ones that I use the most would have to be:

For FFVII, Bahamut Zero. Hands down, Knights of the round is cool and dont get me wrong so are alot tof the ohters but Zero take s the cake in apperance there.

FFVIII, I would say Greiver, Ultimieca's i know but you hae to adimitt that lion kicked ***. Then there was Cerberus. Good apperance and really good effect. Loved it.Aleander gained cuto points there too.

FFIX, that one is touhg, there are a lot of summons in FFIX I mean you ahve all the jewels and every one of them is a summon, so I mean sheesh. But I like Eiko's Madeen. Madeen was the **** to me there. the way she was summoned and of course the holy power.

FX, this is one that takes some time for me, the summons is this are all thought out and created so well, the looks and skills that each posses are way out there. But I have to say that Shiva and Bahamut form FFX are the best looking, Shiva I think is the most likeing, she has a real high tolerance of pain and can take some hits along with healing herslef as well, where as Bahamut just has sheer strength, which is always a good thing to pull you outta a jam here and there.

But overall I think to ask to choose just one summon is kinda hard, it's diffrent for every game, though we each have the summon we call on the most.

I've always adored [B]Shiva[/B], especially in FFIX she's astounding! Gotta love her "Diamond Dust" in FFX, too. *Snap* ;D

I also remember gasping at the sight of [B]Neo Bahamut[/B] when I first played FFVII. The red dragon was something so impressive at that time... 8D

I'm usually not too fond of the overpowerful summons in the games... Of course I [I]use[/I] them, but it's boring to watch the ten-minute summoning sequence over and over again. X/

I'm just waiting for a really hot male summon to be introduced... ;P

[COLOR=Purple]FF VII: I have not played much of it but I'd have to pick Choco/mog, cuz if you're lucky a giant chocobo will fall on your enemy :animeswea

FF VIII: I've only seen like 4 but I'd have to say Sheeva... Quezcotl is cool but Shiva is sexy!

FF IX: I don't have any yet but the battle between [spoiler]Alexander and Bahamut[/spoiler] was frikkin legendary.

FF X: Alright, now I'e seen ALL of these and I'd have to say the best summoning goes to Shiva because she is the uber-hot ice godess. The coolest overdrive is either Ifrit with the hellfire because he throws that chunk of the Earth at the enemy, or the whats-it-called thing, the one that was [spoiler]Seymore's mom or whatever.[/spoiler] It basically takes you to hell, punches you a good 900 times, then rises.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Hug Monster][COLOR=Purple]FF VII: I have not played much of it but I'd have to pick Choco/mog, cuz if you're lucky a giant chocobo will fall on your enemy :animeswea

FF VIII: I've only seen like 4 but I'd have to say Sheeva... Quezcotl is cool but Shiva is sexy!

FF IX: I don't have any yet but the battle between [spoiler]Alexander and Bahamut[/spoiler] was frikkin legendary.

FF X: Alright, now I'e seen ALL of these and I'd have to say the best summoning goes to Shiva because she is the uber-hot ice godess. The coolest overdrive is either Ifrit with the hellfire because he throws that chunk of the Earth at the enemy, or the whats-it-called thing, the one that was [spoiler]Seymore's mom or whatever.[/spoiler] It basically takes you to hell, punches you a good 900 times, then rises.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I think it's called oblivion.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]FFIX Bahamut was so freaking cool looking... I remember a cut scene when he was attacking a city, and flames were around him... so cool

Like Shadow of Death, I like Odin for his Norse God-ness (if only they could of put in Loki or Fenris...), And Shiva was my favorite in FFX. The way she appeared with the cloak and all, just way to wicked cool.

I'm surprised that no one said the Magus Sisters. I loved not direct controling them for some reason. My favorite of the three was Mindy, because of her beeness.

And Yojimbo, who's ultimate move I've yet to see, had a totally awesome intro. I liked how you payed him for his services to.

Diablos kicked the upmost arse. The way he grabbed dimension(?) and spiked it at his enemies. And like Shadow say again, he wasn't really that useful during the fight, but if you get him to level 100, he could kill anything but bosses in one hit.

There are more but I can't think of them... :D [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS] (if only they could of put in Loki or Fenris...) [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Fenris/Fenrir is already a summon, has been in three FF-games!

In [B]VI[/B] his attack blurred the party.

In [B]IX[/B] he had two attacks, one earth elemental and one wind elemental.

In [B]XI[/B] he is the avatar of darkness.

There's one Big Bad Wolf for you... ;D

[QUOTE=Sandy]Fenris/Fenrir is already a summon, has been in three FF-games!

In [B]VI[/B] his attack blurred the party.

In [B]IX[/B] he had two attacks, one earth elemental and one wind elemental.

In [B]XI[/B] he is the avatar of darkness.

There's one Big Bad Wolf for you... ;D[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]
OH! Cool! I never had a SNES, so I never got to play VI (planning to get it for Playstation), I never got to play XI cuz I can't get online, and I never beat IX because my friend messed up the disc... :animedepr

But it rocks that he's there! (Now if Loki appeared... :o)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]FFVI had a ton of summons; one for each magicite, of which there were what. ... 20 or so? *goes and counts my collection of sprites* :p Yeah, 26 in all. Not all of them were terribly useful, and you could only use them once per fight, but you got a heck of a lot of variety. Palidor was one of my favorites, because a full party jump attack is just freaking awesome.

In my mind, though, the Magus Sisters from FFX will just never be all that great. Sure, they could do a lot of damage. But geeze, after fighting them in FFIV and then seeing the mockery of their costumes in FFX, when they could've been such cool characters ... no. I don't think they came anywhere close to the originals.

[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8366/ffivsandy3hl.gif[/img] [img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9307/ffivcindy8az.gif[/img] [img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4759/ffivmindy6tr.gif[/img]

I mean, Cindy's got a freaking [i]scythe,[/i] for crying out loud![/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
In my mind, though, the Magus Sisters from FFX will just never be all that great. Sure, they could do a lot of damage. But geeze, after fighting them in FFIV and then seeing the mockery of their costumes in FFX, when they could've been such cool characters ... no. I don't think they came anywhere close to the originals.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Oh you old-school you! :P

I really liked the FFX costumes of the Magus Sisters, I thought they were really inventive and stylish. I even renamed them "Ladybug", "Damefly" and "Vespa" in my game. ;)

And just imagine what the Magus Sisters' original costumes would look like in 3D! Quite bland, I'd say...

So in my opinion, such kind of changes are hardly as sacriledgious as you make them sound. ,:)

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The costumes would be pretty simple in 3d actually, but I like them. I liked the way you couldn't completely control them. It kind gave you this feeling like,"They're so power, I can't completely control them..."

Oh, and Anima is freaking crazy. It can overkill you by altering it's breathing pattern. That is friggin' awesome if you ask me. :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest chobitslover90
in 9 it is definitely madeen for power but for looks carbuncle (shes so darn cute :catgirl: )

in 10 in power its anima duh looks its shiva omg shes sexy but over all its sin beacause hypothetically it is a summon oh and for runner up is valefore (bahamant eat your heart out)

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Are you sure that Carbuncle's a chick? I remember another Fantasy, in which you fight a monsterous form off it, but then it turns into it's pokemon-looking cute self.

Speaking of pokemon, whenever I got into a battle with another summoner, I couldn't help but say,"GooOOooOOooOOo SHIVA!!!!! Diamond Dust Attack!!!!"

... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/carbuncle5-b2.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/carbuncle5-b.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/COLOR]

FF IV's chocobo!!!hehe
or FFVII's FAT CHOCOBO!!!

lol i really liked anima(FFX)... it's one of those badass demon summons

the mecha bahamut in FFX was awesome aswell
knights of the round (FFVII) has the greatest moves
neo bahamut was awesome too(FFVII) zero took it a bit too far
those are my fave...

I would have to say that my favorite summon would have to be Shiva from FFX. I mean, really, it's so cool because huge blocks of ice come falling down and it reveals Shiva's reflection! Yay!!

Oh, and no reason, but I havent been on for a while because Im moving!!!

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gilgamesh is uber wicked as well!!!

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/gilgamesh8-b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/gilgamesh8-b3.jpg[/IMG]

He's like a six-armed samurai, or something...

I found a picture of Fenrir, and it made me very happy:
[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/fenrir9-b.jpg[/IMG]

And another of Diablos:
[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/diablos8-b.jpg[/IMG]

And of Phoenix:
[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/phoenix7-b.jpg[/IMG]

There are more, but I figured I was taking up enough space with these.If you want a picture of a summon, just shout... :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='ffgrl_Ashe']My favorite summon is that aeon that Kadaj summoned from FFVII:Advent Children.[/quote]
I think you're referring to bahamut SIN.

anyways, my favorite Summons/Guardian forces/Eidiolons/Aeons are as follows:

[B]FFVI:[/B] I'd ahve to say that [spoiler]Terra's father,[/spoiler] Moradin (sp?). A centaur appears in the middle of the screen and shoots non-elemental beams at the enimies. That's gotta rock.

[B]FFVII:[/B] This is a difficult one. But i'd have to lay my money with Bahamut ZERO. As Desbreko (I think) said: It's a nuke. From space. Also I think the way that he alligns his wings to collect solar energy in order to power his Hadokenesque beam of destruction was for want of a better term, "really cool".

[B]FFVIII:[/B] I'd have to go with tonberry on this one. after many frightening encounters with the little green knife-wielding psychopath monk-shopkeeper things from mars, you fight the king. you beat thwe king, and he joins you. You go to use him, expeckting some kind of Holy-hell kickass attack. only to have him crawl out of a hole, waddle towards an enemy, and poke him with a knife. awesomeness and hilarity meshed into one.

[B]FFIX:[/B] I really didn't like the summons on nine, They just didn't click with me the same way the other games did. but If I had to pick, I'd go with ark. It's a mech, 'nuff said.

[B]FFX:[/B] This one's a draw between Anima and Yojimbo. Anima was FFX's personification of the twisted and tortured soul of seymour. and as such gains a +1000 awesomeness bonus. Also, the Oblivion attack was out of this world: Beating peole senseless to a rythm, In hell! Yojimbo on the other hand, was the serene and composed epitome of swift and sure death. summon him with grand summon, pay him 1000, nine times out of ten (at least in my case) you'll get Zanmato. Hey presto, instant kill. Even works on dark aeons.

well there you have my preferances.

Wow, am I the only one who cared for Ixion from FFX at all? Jeez. It was my favorite. I've always been a sucker for the Lightning element, and its fighting style suits me, especially considering I spent every speed sphere I got for a while raising its Agility and Evasion. I also liked the Magus Sisters in FFX, but only Sandy, because her Razzia attack does 99,999 for me every single time and I can always make her do it for some reason... she's the only one who never goes "taking a break..." so she's pretty cool.