OtakuBoards

Anime Suggestions

Guest chobitslover90

Guest chobitslover90
[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]That was in the original Japanese show tthe exact same way.

Saying you hate that means you hate the show in general whether it is in English or Japanese. That is perfectly acceptable. However, people who hate the dub and think it was "butchered" should be locked up in a mental asylum where they teach you how to... um... have good taste... or something...[/QUOTE]

i meant it butchered the manga not the anime it doesnt matter how you dub it the animated series is horrible and it should friggin die dont get me wrong i love the manga for naruto it is my favorite manga but for gods sake come on the anime does that manga no justice

i mean i was exited i really was when i heard that there would be a naruto animated series i almost cried but when i saw the thing it was god awefull read the manga and you will understand just read it READ IT !!!!!! NOW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vernsan
Hey this is my first post so HI EVERYONE ^_^

well continuing a good action anime is ghost in the shell, ive seen dvd's at best buy, fry's electronics, check out [color=red][i]link to bootleg store removed[/i][/color] they have alot of good stuff to choose from. I also know another one, it all depends on the persons preference is Gantz. I see it somewhat gorey but has its good parts about the anime. Check some out

[COLOR=Purple]I think chobitslover is hatin on the anime for all the sucky filler crap they throw in there.

I somehow forgot to mention that I have volume 1 of the Ranma manga and have read volume 2 and plan to buy it soon as I love it. I don't really care how much nudity is there, though I am a dude, Long as it's funny.[/COLOR]

Again evangelion

Try and get the perfect coolection which you can properly get on ebay for about 45 "$" as you guys have it or try and get the platium edtion which, i don't think it complete at the moment.

OR excel saga i think that's in a box set, if you friend like comedies and silly action then they love excel saga. There also gundam wing and you could properly get 1 to 150 or episode of Naruto off ebay for a good price.

[quote name='chobitslover90']i meant it butchered the manga not the anime it doesnt matter how you dub it the animated series is horrible and it should friggin die dont get me wrong i love the manga for naruto it is my favorite manga but for gods sake come on the anime does that manga no justice [/quote]

The manga, while I personally wouldn't use the word "butchered" (things have to be 4Kids-level bad for me to use such a strong word), does have crappy translations. It was just that the other guy in this thread said the anime was "butchered", which is totally incorrect.

Also, what do you dislike about the Naruto anime? Yeah, it has it's flaws (annoying filler, repetetive diolouge, way too many flashbacks), but it still has the same level of character development, action, and humor as the manga does. I've read the manga and while it is better than the anime, the anime is still enjoyable.

Guest Sessh0umaru01
Hey there! I am new and stuff so hi :cool: anyways I haven't watched any anime in a long time and want to start watching them again! Anyways here are some anime that I have really liked: InuYasha, Trigun, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, I can't think of any more... Lol I know I could name like 20 more... anyways I want to watch some "hardcore" anime with a good plot/storyline and to get my adrenaline going. And could you recommend me another anime with beautiful music, interesting storyline, ummm... yeah thats it I think. Well anyways thanks in advanced :cool:

[COLOR=Purple]Before the mods come and close this I'd like to tell you that this same thread exists a bit down the page, so have a look at that. Nice to meet you!

As for reccomendations, definetally check out Naruto and Trigun. Both are kickass action shows with some funny moments and excellent chracters.[/COLOR]

Guest Heero yuy
Neon Genesis Evangelion-Great storyline, great symbolism to god and humanity.
Hellsing-Again, good storyline, character development, and just good animation.
Full Metal Panic-I found it funny, and full of action.
R.O.D OVA & TV Series-funny and great animation.
Gunslinger Girl-I personally haven't seen it, but I've been told by many friends and anime fans that it's great. My dvd's are on the way.
Ninja Scroll-Love the gore...
Gundam: 0083 Stardust Memory-I love the story...and the originality of it..even through, years before of gundam series.
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex-very well done voice acting.
Gundam Wing-It has it's cliche political moments, but can't get enough of gundams beating each other.
Rah-xephon-Seems like a copy of Eva...but it is good.
Street Fighter-good fight scenes.
Patlabor-a little old, okay animation..but good mech action.
Experimental serial Lain-very good all around.
Witch Hunter Robin-Good character personality.

That's all I can think of that's good.

Guest Sessh0umaru01
Hey thinks for the recommendations! And sorry lol I didn't see the other thread like this. Well anyways out of all of you guys' recommendations the only ones I have seen are Trigun and Gundam. The others I haven't seen. I heard some good things about X, Naruto, Hellsing, and Lain so I will probably check those out.

[quote name='Sessh0umaru01']... anyways I want to watch some "hardcore" anime with a good plot/storyline and to get my adrenaline going. And could you recommend me another anime with beautiful music, interesting storyline, ummm... yeah thats it I think. Well anyways thanks in advanced :cool:[/quote]
Not really sure what you mean by "hardcore," but whatever.

[b]Lain[/b], which you listed with a couple of other anime in your most recent post, kind of seems like the odd man out. Unlike the other three, it's not a fighting-based series. It's extremely slow-paced, introspective and at times downright obtuse. I think it's enjoyable enough in its own way, but it's not the series you want to turn to if you're in search of the "Must see the next episode now!" kind of adrenaline rush.

I'm not really in the mood to name a lot of series, so here are two that haven't been mentioned yet.

If you want something that will get your adrenaline going (well, at least in certain scenes) and features beautiful music, an interesting storyline, etc., you could do a lot worse than [b]Escaflowne[/b] (the television series).

[b]Hikaru no Go[/b] sounds pretty boring & sedate--it's a series about a difficult-to-learn and esoteric (in the Western hemisphere, at any rate) board game. Surprisingly, it's actually very thrilling and addictive, and you don't have to know a thing about Go to appreciate it. Honestly, I think Hikaru no Go is a lot more interesting than any of the Shounen Jump action-adventure anime.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger][b]Hikaru no Go[/b] sounds pretty boring & sedate--it's a series about a difficult-to-learn and esoteric (in the Western hemisphere, at any rate) board game. Surprisingly, it's actually very thrilling and addictive, and you don't have to know a thing about Go to appreciate it. Honestly, I think Hikaru no Go is a lot more interesting than any of the Shounen Jump action-adventure anime.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Better than the One Piece Japanese/manga version? Blashphemy! You die now! :devil:

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Better than the One Piece Japanese/manga version? Blashphemy! You die now! :devil:[/quote]
You think that's blasphemy? How about if I say that I like Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho [i]and[/i] Bleach better than One Piece? :animesmil

[Insert obligatory paragraph about the almighty pwnage of any shounen action series involving Yoshihiro Togashi and/or Noriyuki Abe.]

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]You think that's blasphemy? How about if I say that I like Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho [i]and[/i] Bleach better than One Piece? :animesmil

[Insert obligatory paragraph about the almighty pwnage of any shounen action series involving Yoshihiro Togashi and/or Noriyuki Abe.]

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

If you've only seen the first 20-or-so episodes or so of OP, I'll excuse you. However, from Aarlong on OP becomes amazing.

Also, I've never seen HxH or Bleach and like YYH a lot so you're excused for that.

[QUOTE=Dagger]
[b]Hikaru no Go[/b] sounds pretty boring & sedate--it's a series about a difficult-to-learn and esoteric (in the Western hemisphere, at any rate) board game. Surprisingly, it's actually very thrilling and addictive, and you don't have to know a thing about Go to appreciate it. Honestly, I think Hikaru no Go is a lot more interesting than any of the Shounen Jump action-adventure anime.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[b]Hikaru no Go[/b] Is addicting I think I might go and buy the dvds when I have the money to spend on them. I defenetly like It better then YYH but I think that the One Piece hating has to stop people.

Tenjo tenge: I have enjoyed this anime from the start.
Maburaho: once you get past the very first episodes its pretty funny, but before then its alittle weird and sappy.
serial experiments lain: I found this confusing at first, but after that I found it very enjoyable
Ummm... thats it for now anyway thinking of other animes is starting to hurt my head... jezz Im not a morning person. :animestun

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Avenged666fold]Can anybody tell me of any Good dark anime? No horror! Beacause their not scary!!!!! More like berserk or ninja scroll that sorta thing.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
[b]Elfen Lied[/b] is commonly called horror, but it doesn't really aim to be scary. If you don't mind the inclusion of harem elements or some black comedy, it's probably a good choice for you. It's very dark & violent, often to the point of being melodramatic.

Try looking into [b]Gantz[/b], while you're at it.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Avenged666fold]Can anybody tell me of any Good dark anime? No horror! Beacause their not scary!!!!! More like berserk or ninja scroll that sorta thing.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hellsing[/COLOR] is pretty dark as well as [COLOR=DarkRed]Paranoia Agent.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Grave Yard][COLOR=DarkRed]Hellsing[/COLOR] is pretty dark as well as [COLOR=DarkRed']Paranoia Agent.[/COLOR][/quote]

yea Paranoia Agent is not a horror but pertty dark its kind of freakly at times

but in some filler eps. they can be funny

but alot of hitting poeple with bats in that one witch is alwas good for the soul

u got to love people bleed from head trama
:D

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Noir is boring and confusing its the worsts period.[/quote]

You realize how dumb that sentance makes you sound? You completley called the anime the worst. You didnt list any reasons why its boring or what was confusing. There are plenty of Noir fans and they would all agree this series is not the worst.

Ok here are my reasons then.

1. The stroy to me seemed very poor.
2. The action was stylized poorly.
3. They talk far to much for t to be action.

Maybe its not the worst but its not anywhere near the best either. So if your going to critisize my blanket statement you should also take a look at what the other guy said. He said it was the best period and no anime has that honor beacause people have different tastes.