OtakuBoards

Endless Waltz Ending....

Single H

For those who have watched the movie..... In the end, (well almost the end) you could see Heero enters the Brussel Presidential Residense and sees Mariemaia, held by Vice Foreign Minister Relena (or the other person, I can't remember), bleeding after being shot by Dekim of the Barton foundation. Heero then aims a gun at Mariemaia and fires! But no bullet came out. Then he said," I have killed Mariemaia...." Using your vast experience and knowledge, try to explain his actions... I have come up with a few theories but, I want to know yours... Please note that in the end you can see Mariemaia still alive....

Mariemaia who takes the bullet, whereupon the villainous Dekim is promptly plugged by one of his own underlings. Heero staggers into the ruined bunker and pulls a gun on the wounded Mariemaia; finding his gun empty, he sighs that he doesn't have to kill anyone anymore, and passes out himself. ).

But the gun was already out of bullets (Heero knew that also). He then said "I don't have to kill anybody anymore" (At this point, he was thinking of the girl who was killed because he had messed up one of his mission .... I believe.......

:naughty: :demon: Peace!!:mrt: :smirk:

Sephiroth's 'Game Over' theory is understandable.... My therory is quite simple. Heero, who doesn't have to kill again, gave Mariemaia a second chance to live. He said it out loud 'I have killed Mariemaia', everybody in the room heard him. It's proof of Mariemaia's death, a fake one actually.... When the press starts shooting questions, they can answer Heero killed Mariemaia. Then everybody will believe Mariemaia's dead while she'll live in some isolated place far away, out of reach of the goverment. Think about it, if she survives and arrested by the goverment, she'll face life in prison or Death penalty. So Heero actually does everybody a favor, Mariemaia lives, the goverment can let it go and everybody's happy, except Dekim...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by duomaxwell1202 [/i]
[B]I just think Heero is crazy...wait that's not a theory is it.. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree with this statement. The concept of war and fighting has plagued heero so much, that he has finally gone over the edge. I think that he doesn't really know if the gun was loaded or not, but that really doesn't matter. His actions were symbolic of the "end", so to speak, of the never ending wars that plague earth and the colonies.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_vegeta [/i]
[B]
I'd have to agree with this statement. The concept of war and fighting has plagued heero so much, that he has finally gone over the edge. I think that he doesn't really know if the gun was loaded or not, but that really doesn't matter. His actions were symbolic of the "end", so to speak, of the never ending wars that plague earth and the colonies. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd have to disagree with u and Duo. If Heero was crazy, then he would've just gone berserk on Wu Fei earlier, and he would've also actually have killed her, and probably as many ppl as he could. Remember, just cause he didn't have a clip in the gun, doesn't mean he had no clips to load it. But u see, I'm guessing Safer(Sephiroth) is correct about his game theory. When Heero first started out, he acted as if it was a game, but later, near the end, he started to view it as it should have been viewed.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

I'd have to disagree with u and Duo. If Heero was crazy, then he would've just gone berserk on Wu Fei earlier, and he would've also actually have killed her, and probably as many ppl as he could. Remember, just cause he didn't have a clip in the gun, doesn't mean he had no clips to load it. But u see, I'm guessing Safer(Sephiroth) is correct about his game theory. When Heero first started out, he acted as if it was a game, but later, near the end, he started to view it as it should have been viewed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point, but I guess we will never know if he had gone crazy or not, I guess the writers left that up to the viewer to decide for his/her self!

I personally think...he KNEW that the gun was empty, but shooting it at Marimea put her at ease...she believe that she would die so she did not think about her bullet wound any more..I also think that Marimea and Heero had an understanding of one another...If you think about it they both seem similar...Think of Heero as in GW and then think of Marimea....And you will similarities in attitudes...

Who knows he might have just wanted to show Releena that he wouldn't kill anyone else...

he actually didn't shoot her? I had always thought that he did, but they just editted out for the Toonami version. Well, I guess that he meant I have killed Marimea in a symbolic sence, since her take over the world operation has stopped by him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]You didn't know?? Does Cartoon Network not show the ending to Endless Waltz, cuz at the end it shows Lt. Noin (? NOT USRE WHO) and marimea (in a wheel chair) gazing at the sun... [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, I knew she survived it. I figured he shot her like in the stomach or the arm or something and she survived.

• 3 weeks later...
Hm..I know I have posted before but I just finished watching it and thought of something. Technically no he did not kill HER..he killed marimea. Marimea represented Dekan and his ideals. All she was to him was a puppet. Heero said I have killed Marimea, cuz he knew she was going to change...she was no longer Marimea who takes over the world. And you could signify it even further when Daken said "No matter we can just make a replacement Marimea after all I created her" He is basically saying that No he did not create the girl herself, but he created what she was. How she acted. She is like Heero Yuy. In the sense that she had all common sense ripped from her. Just as Heero Yuy died in GW. Marimea died in EW. I guess its just a symbolical thing. Well if I missed any evidence go ahead and pitch in!:D

• 1 month later...