OtakuBoards

Anyone ever thought bout this...?

Goku213

lol, in DBZ, no matter where people come from, or where they go, everyone talks the same language. Now if i was to go 300 miles in 360 different degrees from this very point, i can garuntee i'd meet a lot of people who don't speak my language. But in DBZ, they can fly all over, go to different planets, get people from planets coming to them, and they all talk the same language. lol. I know that it's only a cartoon, i just wondered if anyone else had thought about it. lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku213 [/i]
[B]lol, in DBZ, no matter where people come from, or where they go, everyone talks the same language. Now if i was to go 300 miles in 360 different degrees from this very point, i can garuntee i'd meet a lot of people who don't speak my language. But in DBZ, they can fly all over, go to different planets, get people from planets coming to them, and they all talk the same language. lol. I know that it's only a cartoon, i just wondered if anyone else had thought about it. lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought about it before, but it is kinda weird:smoke: :hippy:

They speak all one type of language. If they didn't there would be a big mix p and they would have to create a whole new language for the Namekians and all other races. It is easier for littler kids if they speak one language. Plus it is a cartoon. It is surpost to make sense.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku213 [/i]
[B]lol, yea, i know, i said i know it's only a cartoon and it wuz aimed for the littler ones, but i juss felt like being awkward for a min :D [/B][/QUOTE]
Ummm.In Japan Dragon Ball is rated PG-13 beacuse it uses coarse language and some adult stuff.

if you will recall, the nameks did have their own languge. bulma had to learn it to fly piccolo's ship to namek to find the dragonballs. but then, when they got there, all the nameks spoke english (or japanese, whichever).

the thing that really makes no sense is vegeta, nappa, radditz, & frieza all knowing english when they'd never even been to earth before. frieza also used a lot of slang expressions (ie. gone the way of the dodo, etc.) that he shouldn't have known.

.. i do believe that bulma made a translator before she went to namek.. but i cant remember.. anywho.. .. its anime.. ¬¬ not cartoon..

lol.. i'm sure their were other languages.. but for the sake of being able to watch and understand it.. they made a majority of the languages(sp?) the same..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]Plus it is a cartoon. It is surpost to make sense. [/B][/QUOTE]

its not a cartoon, its an anime, big difference :cussing:

besides, they do talk other languages, namek's people spoke something different, even furiza had a different language, but they also speak japanese to anyone since in the series it is well known, blah blah blah....

Although I try not to think of these things much, because it ruins the CARTOON (just kidding Sephiroth, I know its anime, now please put the sword down). But if you want to read into it everybody in otherworld also speaks one language. But then again the also have flying cars and dinosaurs so I don't think we should look into the weird parts of the show, we all know DBZ rules:box:

Guest Voodookanaka
yes I have.....um...the language used is'by coincidence' the universal language learnt around the universes as well as each places own local language.

[b]You guys just don't get it, do YA?!

Kaoishin invented English himself for the universe...and then he taught it to different races, and then finally to the English people of this planet.
Then the English called it English and not its original name of 'XVCHR'
So really, it [i]is[/i] a universal language, and not just for one region of this planet...

(Yes,..I made this up after I hit the 'Reply' button:p)[/b]

Do you really think they would have people speaking different languages for every type of person they met? That would be so complicated...it would just fall apart. Plus, if Piccolo spoke a different language the whole time, think about how many subtitles little kids (Who can't read) would have to drag their parents along to read for them? It would just be a pain. Obviously it doesn't make sense, but come on, does people flying and shooting giant explosive lasers from their hands actually make sense? Again, it IS a show, and there is plenty, much bigger than just language, that does not make sense. Oh yeah, about it being aimed at the "little ones". No way! Read the DB manga. My little bro wanted to buy it and I had to let my mom in on the kind of stuff in it and why he most deffinitely could not buy it. Think of how bad that would be. Heh heh. An 8 year-old boy with a comic of Goku stealing Bulma's underwear while she's asleep. *shiver* creepy :shifty:

AJ2K1 4 life, yourr close. But the language was not english. It was Pig Latan. English is a rip from Pig Latan. So everyone is speaking in Pig Latan, and they put it in English for us because most of us speak Just plain English. See your mistake now??