Desbreko Posted January 9, 2006 Posted January 9, 2006 [color=#4B0082][b]Original:[/b] [URL=http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orlyoriginal0iw.gif][IMG]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/588/orlyoriginal0iw.th.gif[/IMG][/URL] [b]OB Version:[/b] [URL=http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orlyyarlyobversion3ya.gif][IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6029/orlyyarlyobversion3ya.th.gif[/IMG][/URL] This just came to me this morning, completely out of the blue. And it had to be done. And that's Alex, me, and Ken (in order of appearance), by the way. [b]Edit:[/b] ImageShack is having some problems. If they go down, I'll try and get them back up as soon as I can.[/color]
Random Posted January 9, 2006 Posted January 9, 2006 WOOT! FIRST POST! = = = = = LOL...that's...random. GREAT! Anyways, awesome. We need more humor like this. It's what makes the world go round. -Random
Annie Posted January 9, 2006 Posted January 9, 2006 [size=1]*bursts into a hysterical fit of laughter* Oh. My. God. When I saw the name of this thread, I thought it was a new member or something. Then I saw your name, clicked, and fell off of my chair; taking my bowl of food with me. The similarity is perfectly matched, lol. Ah god, that was great. Really brightened my day. [/size]
John Posted January 9, 2006 Posted January 9, 2006 See, this is what we should be seeing more of from our moderation team. (The original doesn't seem to be working, but I know what it is, so no biggie.)
Retribution Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [size=1]Yeah, I was on another forum and we spoofed O Rly? with a bunch of posts similar to yours, Des. Good times... As for furthering this thread, shall we post our own spoofs? I'm guessing we should do that rather than try to critique this, as the picture really is a comedic piece.[/size]
Desbreko Posted January 10, 2006 Author Posted January 10, 2006 [color=#4B0082]Yeah, there's not much to critique (unless you want to be an idiot and complain about the cropping or something), so posting other O RLY? pics that you've made would be great. I posted this just to get it out there for people to see, and now I'm interested in seeing what others have done with the phrase as well.[/color]
Retribution Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [size=1]Here we go... I hope I succeeded in my quest. [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlyluda.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlybush.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlymad.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlyloompa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlypose.jpg[/IMG] (this image is compliments of Goddess)[/size]
Annie Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/orlywhite.jpg[/img] [size=1]^White, asking me if he's cute. [IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/norlyowl.jpg[/IMG] ^Me, annoyed at the umpteenth time he's asked me.[/size]
Ellerby Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [QUOTE=Goddess][img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/orlywhite.jpg[/img] [size=1]^White, asking me if he's cute. [/size][/QUOTE] [color=#333333]Hot dang, Annie. Who's that sexy stud? Anyways, nice O Rly? pictures, Des. They made me laugh, which means that they were good (one would assume). Those graphics fit the owl photos perfectly, if I do say so myself. Maybe a bit.. [i]too[/i] well. Also, Retri, that Yo Rly? was funny aswell. Hehe.[/COLOR]
Shinmaru Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [QUOTE=Goddess][center][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/pedro.jpg][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_pedro.jpg[/IMG][/URL][size=6][b]+[/size][/b][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/jdepp.jpg][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_jdepp.jpg[/IMG][/URL][size=6][b]=[/b][/size][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/shinpir.jpg][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_shinpir.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [/center] [size=1]The images are thumbnails, you can click on them to enlarge them. Every time I look at Shin's pirate picture, those two characters always pop into my head. I couldn't resist. I knew Shin was good for something![/size][/QUOTE] I think I'm more Johnny Depp than Pedro, personally. YA RLY LOLZ Also, Desbreko's images were funny. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
TheShinje Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [color=crimson] This Idea came to mind and I just had to flesh it out. O Rly, O'Reily? :p[/color] [URL=http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orly16zj.jpg][IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/504/orly16zj.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Shinmaru Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [QUOTE=Shinji][color=crimson] This Idea came to mind and I just had to flesh it out. O Rly, O'Reily? :p[/color] [URL=http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orly16zj.jpg][IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/504/orly16zj.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE] Haha, that's awesome. I wish I knew how to animate these things, because O'Reilly (and everyone of his ilk, really lol) is perfect for this. I can see it now... [quote]Bill O'Reilly: O RLY? Guest: YA RLY Bill: O RLY? Guest: YA RLY Bill: O RLY? Guest: YA RLY Bill: CUT THE MIKE[/quote] Someone needs to get on that right now. EDIT: Excellent work, John. :bdance:
John Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 Here's one sort of along those lines. I would've used Steve Carell or someone for the "NO WAI!!!", but I couldn't find a good pic. [url="http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oriellystewartorly1my.gif"][img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9974/oriellystewartorly1my.th.gif[/img][/url]
Dagger Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 [quote name='John']Here's one sort of along those lines. I would've used Steve Carell or someone for the "NO WAI!!!", but I couldn't find a good pic.[/quote] That, good sir, is [i]perfect[/i]. I'm so happy that you used Jon Stewart, haha. And all the others have been quite fun as well; I just felt like I had to come out of the woodwork to congratulate yours in particular. (I thought about using spoiler tags on Stewart's name... excessive caution, or a sign of a more insidious illness? Only time can tell.) ~Dagger~
Annie Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 [center][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/doctor.jpg[/IMG][/center] [size=1]I couldn't let that one go unseen.[/size]
John Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 [quote name='Dagger]That, good sir, is [i]perfect[/i']. I'm so happy that you used Jon Stewart, haha. And all the others have been quite fun as well; I just felt like I had to come out of the woodwork to congratulate yours in particular. [/quote] :blush: For what it's worth, here's a medley of a bunch of different O RLY? images I found. [img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/NotAnAardvark06/owlmedley.gif[/img] [b]EDIT:[/b] Photobucket did the great service of resizing the image to be too small to read, and I did the great service of letting it. :X [url="http://www.orlyowl.com/owlmedley.gif"][u]Here's[/u][/url] a link instead.
Ikillion Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 [QUOTE=John][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/NotAnAardvark06/owlmedley.gif[/img] [/QUOTE] [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen since...almost..ever! It just goes to show you that people these days have almost nothing to do with their free time. Yet I like it! I never even knew that the O Rly? became a fad. The first time I saw it was something on Ytmd. I though it was just something they made up.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Desbreko Posted January 15, 2006 Author Posted January 15, 2006 [color=#4B0082]For those of you wondering what this is all about, take a look at the Wikipedia entry for [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_rly][u]O RLY?[/u][/url] and it explains where it came from.[/color]
Stuart Posted January 15, 2006 Posted January 15, 2006 [COLOR=DarkGreen][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Trebuchet MS] [CENTER]___ {o,o} |)__) -"-"-[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] O RLY?[/FONT]
John Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 ASCII art's great. ^_^ I'm not quite sure how this one came to mind, but I <3 Pixar shorts. [url="http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orlypixar2kg.gif"][URL=http://img463.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orlypixar1dx.gif][IMG]http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/1506/orlypixar1dx.th.gif[/IMG][/URL] [/url]
Annie Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 [size=1]O_O I don't know about anyone else, but that one moves hyperspeed. Is it supposed to do that?[/size]
John Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 Yeah, I accidentally left all the frames at zero second duration. Fixded.
Boba Fett Posted January 18, 2006 Posted January 18, 2006 [center][quote name='Retribution][center][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlyluda.jpg[/IMG'][/center][/quote] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jedgar/RLYcopy.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Retribution Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [quote name='Boba Fett][center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jedgar/RLYcopy.jpg[/IMG'][/center][/quote] [center][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlygeek.jpg[/IMG] [size=1][And in response][/size] [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/orlyquite.jpg[/IMG][/center]
John Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 [img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8308/rusr1ex.jpg[/img] (Wish I could've found a more suitable pic of myself.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now