Anime Elf Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 what happens to your life insurance policy? Seeing as this has not happened to me, I have no idea what would happen. Would your beneficiary get the money? Would nothing happen at all, even though you technically died? Would your premium go up (assuming you could get another policy or something)? Do you have to put death on the part of applications where it asks if you have ever been hopitalized for anything serious? Edit: whoops, that one word changes everything
Nate Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 wait, do you mean as in you died and were brought back to life?
AzureWolf Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 [COLOR=teal]Wait, if it happened to you, shouldn't you know what happens?[/COLOR]
Anime Elf Posted January 14, 2006 Author Posted January 14, 2006 Crap. I forgot the word not. See the edit. Anyway, since the movie castaway was only a movie, I'm not sure where that gets me, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's paperwork involved.
Gavin Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 [SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting. I don't believe a person has to have actually died to be declared legally dead, in cases where the body cannot be found or the person has simply disappeared and is believed to be dead, then said individual can be declared legally dead. As for what would happen with your life insurance policy, I assume the company would look for the payment back off the beneficiary, though legally as you were declared dead they might not have that right. I must admit I did find it funny thinking of someone having to buy your second life insurance policy, that conversation would be interesting. I've never heard of such an incident before, so honestly I have no idea what would be involved in trying to get another policy.[/SIZE]
Panache Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 Well if they gave you the money as soon as you were legally dead even if there is no proof wouldnt there be thousands of court cases discussing people who came back or were found?
Sayuri-sama Posted January 16, 2006 Posted January 16, 2006 if i were legally dead i would just come back
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now