OtakuBoards

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

DBZgirl88

[size=1]I've had many a painful experience in my time. Although, come to think of it, a lot of them have involved slamming my fingers in doors...

1. The screen-door incident

When I was about five, I was coming into the house from the garden, and I "forgot" to get my entire body inside the door, and as I shut the screen door, I slammed my finger in it. Blood everywhere, much confusion, but didn't even merit a bowl of ice-cream.

2. The second screen-door incident

Well, you know how screen-doors are made of glass? And you know how glass is see-through? Well, I made the mistake of not realising this, and running slap-bang into a screen-door. My nose bled for over an hour. 'Twas not pleasant.

3. The bathroom-door incident

This one was at a barbecue when I was about 7. My friend ate too many marshmallows or something, and he had to throw up. He started throwing up, and I, not being used to the sight of vomit, slammed the door pretty damn hard. But, being me, I forgot to get my finger out of the way, and I slammed my finger in the door. But not in the normal way kids do. No, I had to be different, and I slammed my finger in the hinge part of the door. I had blood running down my hand for at least an hour afterwards, and I turned as white as a sheet and almost passed out.

So, overall, my painful experiences have not been [i]as [/i]painful as some of yours, but I guess I'm not as adventurous as some of you.[/size]

[list]
[*]the glass door incident
ok, there's the self that stores the surround sound system console thingy, the dvd player, laser disc player[ <- yes my parents are old], cable box, etc, etc. anyhoo, there is *ahem* was a glass door to protect it, and on time and again it would fall onto the carpet, and my father would put it back up again, see, there was this one time where it fell off, and my dad, noir my mum were around, so i asked my older cousin to do it, so he puts it back up and leaves me to finish up with DoA3, a minute later. it falls.

*glass shatters*

im only like a foot away, my cousin runs into the room, and see thousands upon thousands of tiny glass shards around me, in a circle. luckily i only went away with no injuries at all.
[/list]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Plum]Painful experinces I could go on forever...so here are a few that stick out...

1. Tumbling down from the top of the staris and crashing into the wall at the bottom of them.
When I was little I was at the top of the stairs, tripped fell down and crashed into the wall at the bottom...luckly I didn't have to get stitches but I had a nice purple/black bruise on my head.

2. As weird as this sounds whe I was around 5 or 6 I was walking in the library and I was leaning my head againest the book shelf for some werid reason. There was a sharp piece of metal and it cut my forehead. I had to get 3 stiches for that.

3. When I was 7 I was riding my scooter and there was stone sticking out of the sidewalk, I didn't see it and my scooter bumped into it. I went head first over my scooter and somehow cut my knee. For about two weeks afterwards every morning I woke up there would be blood stains on my pj pants cause it would leak through the bandage...disguisting I know.

4. After about one year of horseback riding, I was riding a horse, it stopped dead suddenly and I was thrown over its head. Put my elbow out to save my fall, broke my elbow. I had to get an operation to get it fixed and had two pins going criss-cross through it. The pins were taken out after about 3 weeks, and I wasn't drugged when they pulled them out...that hurt!

5. Horse refuses jump: I get a flying lesson and a very sore body.

6. Walking down a set of stairs my ankle twists, I land on a bone in my ankle. I chip a bone and twist/ bruise my ankle. Around 4-5 weeks in a cast.

7. Self Defense in gym class. The school hires a guy who teaches us girls self defense, such as how to get a man off you who is about to attack you etc. So different grips and stuff. I'm lying there on the ground and the 200+ pound instructor comes and leaps at you imitating a real attack. Scariest thing of my life and my body was sore for a week after wards. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]One of my most painful moments was this last winter. I slipped on some ice and ended up cracking my ribs. It wasn?t ultra painful, but it hurt everyday for months before it finally healed.

The worst was last year on a trip to Yellowstone National Park with my family. We went on a hike to some falls and when we got there I somehow stepped wrong and hurt my right foot. I could barely stand to walk on it.

I had to find a stick to use like a crutch and hobble 2.5 miles back to the car. Fortunately it was a flat hike so I didn?t have to climb or go downhill. Otherwise I probably would have needed more help to get back to the car!

Turns out that I somehow tore part of the tendon along the bottom of my foot. I had to stay off of it for months while it healed. [/COLOR]

I don't remember it very well because I was very young. I think around the age of 4 or 5. I just hear my mom talk about it all the time. I have an older brother who is a gymnist(sp?) and whatnot. Back then he use to flip off of walls, bricks, crates or whatever. One I saw him (or so my mom said) flip off of a bucket, and I wanted to try it. So I got on and then I came down on my right leg. (bucket wasn't stable) Turned out that my leg was fractured and was told to stay off of it. But me and my stubborn self decided to chase a squirrel afterwards..... (stupid)

Another bad experience.... (I'm still pissed about it as we speak) Back in the 12th grade. I was on my high school football team. (I wasn't a star play or anything of a sort... just doing my part as right tackle) After 2nd down, meh, right after the play. I'm assuming these folks were trying to start a fight or something because I got clipped hard. One guy came from the right and the other came from the left. The guy on the left came at my upper body while the guy on the right came at my lower body. What happened was my right knee popped / snapped... Let's just say that was about 4 years ago. Haven't been able to play since then. I probably could play now, I just choose not to. "shrugs"

KANNA VS BUNKBED
1) (a few nites ago) I JUST got back form a play and i was SO tried so i slowy started to climb my metal bunkbed, my leg slipped and I hit my knee on (of course) the hardest part of the bunkbed! My knee is still swollen..... :animecry:

KANNA VS LID
2) In second grade I was out catching fireflies, I went to go get a jar from the house but all we had was apple juice contaners, I used that instead. I didn't want my new "pets" to die from the lack of air, so being the 'smart' kid i was, I picked up a bucher knife and tried to punch holes in the lid. (accedent waiting to happen right?) i got mad when I couldn't stad holes in the lid, so I tried sawing the lid in half and then.......knife meet thumb! Painful! :animecry:

KANNA VS MICROPHONE WIRE
3) Me being the klutz I am, I ALWAYS fall! I tripped over my own feet all the time, well (just Friday) I was going to grab my books and run to class but while trying to reach for my books I tripped on the microphone (that the princapal uses to yell at us in) and fell on the stage staris and onto my books. My pride got hurt worse than i did! :animecry: :animeswea

:catgirl:

[COLOR=#004a6f]I have a new painful experience!

Yesterday, I got my very first bee sting (well, wasp sting actually). I was getting the mail and there was a wasp on the flyers. I didn't notice it until my hand closed on the flyers (and on the wasp). It stung me, and I dropped the mail. Ow! Ow! Ow!!!!

Man, it hurt so much! I'm surprised, because the sting was more like a prick. The wasp never even lost its sting so I don't think it died. But the spot where it stung me felt like it was on fire!

I went inside and told my mom, and she said I had to rub garlic on it or it would really swell. "An old remedy everyone in Jordan knows" she said.

At first I didn't want to. "Can't I just run it under cold water?" I pleaded. I was sure the garlic would make the sting burn even more, but she insisted. She a clove of garlic in half and started rubbing it on the sting. It felt much, much better. Something in the garlic neutralizes the poison so that's why the burning feeling disappeared. Man, these old remedies really work![/COLOR]

actually when i was younger i had a bike that one of the handle bars was bare with no gummi thing to protect it you know? one day i was riding it andhalf of the rode was inclined to the right and i lost control of the bike and ended up with the handelbar dug in my stomach. thankfull it didnt break the skin!:animeswea