OtakuBoards

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

DBZgirl88

[COLOR=#004a6f]I thread like this was started by ChibiHoreswoman way back in 2004, so I decided to start a new one.

What is/are you most painful experience(s)? As for those few who posted in the last thread, I'm sure you've acquired a few more to add to your lists. Not that we're hoping that you did...lol.

This is my list from the last thread:

[QUOTE][COLOR=#004a6f]I don't think any of my most painful experiences are too bad, and I can't really decide on just one. So here are several of them:

1. I'm not a very good skater. I've tried it several times as a child and managed to stay on my feet, only falling a few times. However, two years ago, I had the urge to skate since I haven't done so in so many years. It wasn't as easy as it used to be. I almost collided with someone, and after avoiding the collision, I lost balance and fell (SMACK!) on my jaw. Luckily, nothing was broken, but I had the most excruciating pain in my jaw and my entire head. I could barely see because of the pain. My chin also needed a few stitches.

2. I used to play tag with my friends on the climbers during recess as a kid. Once when I was 12, I was stupid enough to play tag on the climbers during winter. All the ladders had a thin sheet of ice on them. I was going down one and I slipped. I managed to hold on, but my shin landed right on the ladder. Very bad bruise.

3. On the same climber, I smacked my head on one of the railings, resulting in a very painful bump. My little sister also once threw a hard toy at my head, and once she threw a remote at my face.

4. I've fallen down the stairs several times. Once, I slipped on a marble one of the kids left on the stairs. I slid down the whole way on my back. My tail bone hurt the most. I was limping for days

5. I have very severe eczema on my palms. I can never wash my hands without applying lotion afterwards. Otherwise, the skin on my palms gets very dry, and sometimes cracks and bleeds. Once when my family went to the beach, my palms got an infection because I played with the sand and it got in the cracks. The skin was inflamed and it hurt a lot when any pressure was applied to it.

6. I was once blowing a balloon up during my older sister?s birthday party. I blew it too much and it finally popped, but not into just a few pieces, into very tiny shreds. This happened while I was blowing it so you can imagine the impact of the explosion in my face. I couldn't open my eyes for 5 minutes. All because of air!

7. Once I had a very severe pain in my lower chest, just under my ribs. I couldn't lie down, I couldn't laugh, or the pain would become excruciating. My mom took me to the hospital and they told me my diaphragm was swollen. After taking 6 ibuprophen pills a day, the pain eventually disappeared.

8. I was once doing long jump, and I had a very bad landing. Something had cracked in my ankles. However, I doubt anything was broken, but to this day, I still get sudden rushes of pain in my ankles while I walk. It also happens to my right leg on my knee joint. Recently, my Achilles heel keeps "locking" for some odd reason, and I can't even bend my ankle. I wonder why I always get this pain in my legs. Whenever I decide to go to the doctor, the X-rays come up with nothing. Meh.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]And to add to the list:

9. In elementary school in gym class, we sometimes got to play games sitting on scooters. They were just yellow, plastic squares with four wheels (have any of you ever used them?). The first time I used them, when I was in grade 2, a boy in my class pushed got off his scooter and pushed it really hard towards mine. I was holding onto the side of mine, so his scooter smashed into my index finger. It hurt like hell. My finger turned a horrible blue and green color, and something was seriously wrong with the skin. While the bruise was healing, the skin got more and more saggy, and it eventually ripped off. The skin must have been damage beyond repair.

10. Earlier in January, my brother and I were hanging up Eid-Aladha decorations. I slipped and landed right on my ****** (I don't wanna say it, but you can guess) on the chair I was standing on (the part you lean your back on). I'm a girl, but the pain was excruciating nonetheless (I feel sorry for guys). It was closer to the leg, so I was really hurting my tendon.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Ah, I remember those scooter-thingies. From hell they were!!!!!!

Ok, well, one of the most painful moments in my life went somthing like this (Little fuzzy): Me and some of my friends were going on a skiing trip during the March break. First off, yes there is skiiing in the spring up here - it's called 'spring skiing' and it's basically the same as regular skiiing, except you don't have to wear a jacket or anything, and the snow is a lot more melted (thus making you go faster, for the most part). Now, I fancy myself as a pretty good skiier - I'm capable of going fast but I enjoy the side-to-side use-the-whole-mountain skiing. Anyways, the whole trip went pretty normal - some fast runs, some big air, some nasty spills, etc etc. We decided to go for one last run before heading home, though, and here's what went down:

I went ahead of my friends, moving pretty fast, trying to get to the bottom first. I was making good time, too. Than I caught a bad rut in the snow, I lost my balance, and went careening into the trees that surround the course. I was off-angle at this point, so I hit the first tree square on with my chest. The momentum from my skiis kept me going though, and I went ski-first into another tree. As I bounced off this tree, one of my skiis got caught on the tree and bent my leg in a way it's not meant to bend, before popping off. So there I lay, face down in the snow, bleeding and battered and generally ******. I somehow found the strength to stand up on my one-ski-and-boot and start to stumble around. I'm pretty disoriented at this point, I can't see straight or hear, and I'm trying to figure out where I am, when all of a sudden I look up the hill to see one of my friends coming down very fast. I try to turn around, but my concussed body doesn't react the way I want to, and I fall... into the oncoming skiis of my friend, who than falls on top of me.

Needless to say I was mighty ****** up for a few days afterwards, but I consider myself a tough cookie. I didn't end up with any major injuries but it's pretty needless to say that I was in some kind of pain![/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Ah yes, a thread finally dedicated to the memory of our painful experiments. The most recent one to date, just happened last week. The situation was pretty stupid, but what-the-heck! I tend to do the bizarre things that little kids consider cool, highschool chicks consider brave, and adults consider immature. Being the dumb dare-devil that I am, and never backing away from a dare I climbed, more like shimmy up a short telephone pole. When I finally reached the top I only then did I realized that I couldn't get back down! I started cursing my buddies who were laughing their heads off, they told me just to jump. So I did. I know jumping off a pole and falling down 9 ft. isn't exactly what people would call heroic, but I knew that if I thought more about the situation and weighted the pros and cons of the problem, I would have chickened out. I know it's crazy just to do something that stupid but you have to admit it's effective, plus it only makes life more bearable. The result of the fall was a large bruise, an aching back, a pounding headache, and a long lecture from my aunt,"You stupid boy, you could have killed yourself!!". Imagine that being said, but the volume magnified to 10x's.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name=' Chabicho'] 10. Ealier in January, my brother and I were hanging up Eid-Aladha decorations. I slipped and landed right on my ****** (I don't wanna say it, but you can guess) on the chair I was standing on (the part you lean your back on). I'm a girl, but the pain was excrutiating nontheless (I feel sorry for guys). It was closer to the leg, so I was really hurting my tendon.[/quote]

Ouch! That has gotta hurt. If that happened to me, I might as well kiss my manhood goodbye, or so to speak.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE=2]Hmmmm. Lets see.

Back when I was in eight grade in gym class we were playing soccer. I was the goalie of course. The one time I leaned down and grabbed the ball to pick it up, this boy in my class who didn't like me decided to kick my hand. Immediately after that we had to play this game where we would walk using our hands and feet, our backs to the floor (that's the best way I can describe it besides the 'crab walk'). My hand began to hurt like hell. A week or so later I found out it was broken ^^;

And on numerous occasions I have gotten hit in the face with basketballs and lacrosse balls and hit really hard in the back of the head by soccer balls :animestun

I also got these huge blood blisters on the bottom of my feet when playing basketball on hot asphault in bare feet. The skin was all loose and icky so I cut the skin off. Then I found out I had a lacrosse tournament and had to be on my skinless feet for hours at a time. Ouch.
[/SIZE] [/CENTER]

[COLOR=#790A43][SIZE=1][COLOR=#248C8D]I'm not accident-prone person but when I get cut, I [i]really[/i] hurt. Over-acting nervous thingamajigs or what have you, they're the reason why I really am not into activites that involve blades and saws (will stick to contact sports and swimming forever!).[/COLOR]

And yes, my most recent painful experience has something to do with a wedge (specifically, a rather primitive cutting implement. think: sharpened rock). When my friend and I were polishing 3-mm thick rock sections on what looked like a modern milling stone, her section slipped from her grip, made a clockwise traverse to my side, and scored a lovely gash on my finger. My blood was on my shirt, my friend's shirt, the grinding equipment and the floor (and later on the floor of student's lounge). Yes, it bled [i]that[/i] much.

But it didn't hurt at that time. It's probably 'cause them sodium-carbide grits we used were covering up the ridges of the wound. When I finally got them out with an inoculating needle (surprise, surprise!), that's when it started to hurt. It was pain much, much worse than dysmennorhea and far far deeper than the pain of lost love, especially when I poured alcohol on it *sniff*.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hmm... I think I can think of a couple on the spot, though I've probably get others somewhere.

[B]1. Children. Plus benches. Equals bad.[/B]
OK, I think I was somewhere between 6 and 9 when this happened, but to be honest I don't really have much of a clue. In the shopping centre in my city, there were - well, are - two small wooden benches on the top floor, positioned in what I imagine would be quite a lonely place, if only benches could feel lonely. Anyways, I was doing the usual kiddie stuff, playing around on the bench, when all of a sudden... I fell off. Between the two benches.

[I]*crack!*[/I]

Blood oozing down my forehead, and all that fun stuff. Luckily, there was a small first-aid place that I can't actually remember entering up there at the time, and presumably still there now. Still, over than a small indent in the upper-centre of my forehead (identically to one my brother got in a similiar incident at home) I have nothing to show for it.

[B]2. Falling over backwards for you.. uh-huh-huh...[/B]
School trips, the ultimate cause of pain for a 10 year old. On the second to last night, all the boys in the dorm got hyped up about ghosts, and so screamed their heads off when the teacher on 'patrol' passed by the window. And so followed the midnight run, laden in little more than pyjamas and shoes. All goes well (as well as is possible for such a thing that is), and we slowly trudge into the dorms 'sitting area'. Unfortunately, with the group still hyped up about ghosts, the simple dropping of a shoe on a bench led to a lovely little stampede - which I happened to be in the way off.

[I]*clonk!*[/I]

After lying semi-consciously on the concrete for a brief moment, I was helped to my feet, given a quick check by a first-aider, and sent to bed. Please note - if you ever have a concussion, make sure you have a thoroughly good (intimate meeting with the toilet) [I]before[/I] you go to sleep.

[B]3. It's raining balls![/B]
This wasn't anywhere near as painful as the other two, but it certainly was more entertaining. First off, you need to understand one thing - I [I]hate[/I] Physical Education lessons. Thank you to the teachers for trying, but I do [I]not[/I] want to spend an hour and a half chasing a football (the true English football) around a muddy pitch trying to figure out when my toes will drop off.
Anyway, one day we were playing basketball, a more preferrable sport that can be played away from the British weather, and had to run from one net to the other trying to get the ball in the net - as you do. Unfortunately, I picked a rather bad moment to collect mine from under one of them. I just picked it up in my hands when I heard a ball pass through the net above me. And another one. And another one..
[I]
*Wop, pow, kaplunk, doof, zaplozzle!*[/I]

How every single one of them managed to fall through and hit me on the same part of my head, I have no idea. Still, once I regained my balance I was able to laugh about it, which is more than can be said for the other two.

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]
[list]
[*][b]Attack of the Munchkins[/b]:
This happened when I was in middle school. Three friends and I always hung out by this tree at lunch, and one time there was a group of 1st - 3rd graders that were coming to play at the playground. We thought it would be nice to go talk to them, so we did. Big mistake. We ended up accidently telling them about the student store where you can buy candy and other goodies and then they started demanding we give them money. There was this one kid that kept demanding fifty cents.

We thought they were joking so we just kept laughing. But then they ran and attacked us. They literally ripped us apart from one another, and I watched as my best friends shirt got torn off by the 50 cents kid. Now keep in mind this is like 7 little kids on each one of us, and I was only like 12 at the time. If I hurt them, I definately would have got in trouble too. How we escaped, I'll never figure out. But we ended up being late for class and came out with our hair messed up and our clothes ripped with some bruises. No one believes our story but I remember those evil little munchkins *shudder* especially the 50 cents kid.

[*][b]Blood Blister from Hell[/b]:
When I was in the 7th grade, we had to play hockey in the gym. I had never been good at sports, so I decided to stick this game out and just talk with some friends when a guy made fun of me saying that I was just "scared". Being the stupid girl that I was, I actually took offense to the comment and challenged him to a re-match. When the teacher set the puck down, we both went for it. Unfortunately, his hockey stick slid up mine and smashed my pinky finger. It ended up swelling up and forming a big blood blister. It doesn't sound bad, but believe me it hurt.

[*][b]Sprained Ankle[/b]:
I was around 13 or so, and I was chasing this guy that had punched my friend. We've been enemies since I was around 2, no joke. He ended up throwing rocks at my feet, and I ended up slipping and falling in a bad situation. I started laughing about it until a bunch of pain came from my ankle. I usually don't cry [i]ever[/i], but in this case I did. My mother didn't believe that my ankle was sprained until it began to swell up and turn purple. Then I ended up going to the doctors, and they told me my sprain was the worst I could get, and that if I broke it, it would have been a lot less painful even.

[*][b]Basketball Drama[/b]:
Again, in P.E. in middleschool. It's funny how many times I have seen this in movies, but never thought it would happen to me. I heard my name being called in gym class, so I turned around and the ball ended up hitting me in the face. I apparently blacked out and woke up looking at the whole class in a circle around me and my P.E. teacher. They were asking me if I was alright and if I'd like to go to the nurse's office, and it took awhile for me to come back to my senses. I ended up saying I was fine and continued playing basketball, even thought my head was killing me and my back ached. It was an embarrasing moment then, but now I just find it funny.

[*][b]Nerve damage to my Neck[/b]:
Probably one of the most painful incidents in my life. When I was in the 1st grade, I remember bending down to give my father a hug (he was sitting down), when my neck made this popping noise. Next thing I know I was screaming and my neck had like a spasm. I could not move my neck for three days after that, and then finally my parents took me to the doctor and I ended up coming out in a neck cast. I had to wear it for like two weeks. It was probably the most horrible feeling, not being able to move your head up even out of bed.
[/list]
So I guess it's safe to say I've had quite a few injuries. Although, I haven't had any recent ones, and I'd like it to stay that way.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]My triumphant return after a week of sickness and social life starts off with a post about me getting hurt... Just sayin'.

I guess I'll go in chronological order. This didn't really hurt as much as it will sound. Basically, me and some friends got a box, two ramps, our skateboards, some firewood, starter fluid, some blankets, a cooler of ice water, and so forth. The plan was to set a box full of sticks on fire, set up the two ramps at a safe distance away from the box, and ollie over it on our skateboards. We had a few practice runs before it was lit, just to make sure we could all make it. Two of my friends went, then I went. I got some good speed, rode up the ramp and my skateboard went flying out from under me and I landed with both feet planted in the burning box. Then I got tackled, smothered with blankets, stomped on, and splashed with water. Fun.

Another time I was on a date with my ex-girlfriend in Boone. I stepped on a water meter box, which is basically the same as a sewer plate. The edge that I stepped on came down into the box as did my right leg. The other edge came up as I fell in deeper and I got caught on it... guess where. I was hanging on my jewels for a good ten seconds until Emilie was able to pull me out. The sewer plate actually made a bad stretch mark on my leg that is still there today, lol.

Next was last year at a fencing tournament. I was winning at 2-1 against this guy from another high school. The round begins, we mess around for a little bit, then he strikes, I parry his blade to my right and his tip catches my jacket and goes up my arm. I didn't really feel anything too bad, but the long line of blood going through my white fencing jacket was enough to make the judge stop the match and make me remove my jacket. I had a burn going up my arm about three feet long and with spots that were opened and bleeding. It didn't really hurt until I saw it, lol. Luckily, it didn't scar or anything. Yay for that.[/font]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I love the reaction I get from people when I bring up the subject of this injury.

"How did you manage to chip your tooth on a [i]bowling ball?"[/i]

Quite easily, in fact. This was in... what, fourth grade? That sounds about right. The daycare center I went to after school went on little trips every friday. This time, it happened to be to a bowling alley. All went well through just about our entire time there. It was only at the very end, when we were putting the balls away, that it happened.

I was carrying the bowling ball back to the rack when I tripped on something, most likely my own two feet. Down I went. I was holding the ball in both hands, somewhere near my face. From my memory, I fell face-first on the bowling ball, chipping my right front tooth (an adult one too) and putting a really big crack in the left one. However, eyewitnesses claim that just before I hit the floor, I dropped the bowling ball and it bounced back up and hit me in the face.

I'm not sure which way it really hit me, suffice to say that I had quite a big gap in my tooth and a swollen lip afterwards.

Even better is what happened a few days later, though. I had just gone to the dentist's and he gave me a temporary filling, which he claimed would last me about a week or two until they could give me a permanent one.

Half an hour later, we got BLTs. The second bite I take, I feel something really hard hit my molars, harder than delicious bacon should be. Lo and behold, it's the temporary filling!

Other than that, just the usual mix of falls, scrapes, and punches (I take a karate class).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]One of my most painful experiences happened in grade eight...

It was a few days before graduation, and ued to like sewing, so one day I accidentally a needle on the floor...

I was watching television, back when it still was good, so as I walked out of the room to go the bathroom, I walked into it! The sewing needle, got stuck into the carpet, so my foot stabbed itself.

So, on graduation day, and weeks after, I limped and it was sooo painful to walk!

Another painful experience, was in grade 7 or 6. The bell rang and my friend and I didn't hear it. So, after a while we looked around and the last couple of students were going in! It happened to be a icky early spring day, as my friend and I ran towards the door, my friend jumped over a puddle in wet grass. When I jumped over it, I slipped and fell in. I fell on my tail bone! To make matters worse, I was wet, and it hurt when I sat down. For the next month or two, I could barely sit due to a twisted tailbone.

But now looking back, I think my middle school was cursed, because I think I hurt my heel too...[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I try really hard not to get dramtaically hurt. I fall down a lot, but it's more fun than painful, and I can just jump right back to my feet and forget about it half the time. But I have had some pretty bad pains in the past...ooh, a painranking system! Good for me!

4. I used to be a kind of sporty person, but not anymore. I was riding my bicycle around the cul-de-sac, and I decided to be adventurous. I screamed, "Born to be wild!" (for some unexplicable reason, I was a very very pathetic child) and jumped off a storm drain. I flew off the bike and injured my ribs, and was lying in the middle of the road in pain. Tsk tsk tsk. It must've been pretty funny, except for the pain. My mom was mad at me for leaving my bicycle in the road, when I came inside to lie down. It fricken' hurt to breath, I wasn't about to go back out there and overexert myself!

3. I'm pretty sure I've broken my left pinky finger twice, consecutively. The first time was in seventh grade, and I was playing basketball with my neighbor. He threw the ball to me, and when I tried to catch it, it bent my finger all the way back. It started swelling and turned blue and yellow, so someone I know from church (who is a pediatrician) told me to tape it to my ring finger to help it heal faster. So, in eighth grade, I was throwing clothes into the washing machine (about an hour before I needed to be asleep) and once again; I bent my left pinky finger back too much and I'm pretty sure it broke. It swelled (sounds like it should be swole, but that's not a word) again, and turned the same sickly shades as before. The most annoying part about that second experience was that the school nurse refused to give me any tape for my obviously painful finger, just because I didn't go to the emergency room when the incident happened. And when she finally did give me tape, it was pointless: she gave me half an inch. I just had to use scotch tape, which I should've done in the first place; it would've saved me yet another insulting experience with the child-hating nurse. >_<

2. I think this happened when I was in sixth grade...I was at church, making crepes (mm, crepes), and wearing these annoyingly trendy backless shoes (because however many friends I did not have, I still tried). Well, I was excited to finally taste the crepes, so I decided to run into the kitchen with those cloggy shoes. However, my ankle slid off the back and bent, and I fainted from the pain. At least I think I did, I only remember sitting down to save my foot, then finding myself lying down on the ground. I only sprained it, though.

1. Period cramps! Enough said![/FONT]

My most painful moment? Well, I've had a lot of painful moments... There have been countless times when I close my hand in doors, or tripped and landed flat on my face.

One time when I was young, I was standing on a balcony that was about two stories high. I dropped something, (Forgot what it was though...) And I was too lazy to go down and get it. I think I was drunk or something, so I just jumped. Ouch... I just got a sprained ankle though.

I've also gotten burned before... Gawd... That smarts. But the worst thing of all... Paper cuts! How can something so little hurt so much anyway?

[COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=1]A painful experience?

1)I can only think of one at the top of my head. I was but a mere child about 4-6. I have no idea how I can remeber it so clearly. I was walking down the stairs and I slipped from the top step. I tumbled down all the way down. As I tumbled I hit my head on the rail several times. Like that wasn't bad enough at the end there was like a sharp object. I don't rember what exactly what was it but it cut my head and I was bleeding alot. I had to get stiches on my head and I fractured wrist. Of course I didn't get out of it without a few brusies.

2)Another which I remeber which wasn't so painful. This one was a simple thing. The door slammed on my hand. I was sitting on my seat next to the classroom door entrance. This again was when I was young and I was still in elementary. The door was wide open and it was very windy day. The door was slowly closing. One of my classmates told me to hold it from closing. I got up putting my hand on the door and I try to put the wooden block under the door. The wind picked up and slamed the door shut with my hand along with it. I yanked my hand fast away but not fast enough. There I was holding my hand as it bleed. I just stood there looking at it and wondering why it didn't hurt yet it was bleeding this much blood. There was alot of blood on the floor which the teacher had to mop off as the rushed me to the nurse office and called my mom. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think the my most painfull time was when i was sitting in a hammock and my friend was swinging me it was kinda fun cause i was going really high... But all that ended when my friend decided to step back and knee me in the thigh as hard as he could.

:animenose Ow I had like internall bleeding into my leg

The Worst apin i have ever had...

[SIZE=1][quote name='Amelia][FONT=Arial']1. Period cramps! Enough said![/FONT][/quote]

I agree, hon.

I've had plenty of painful things, because I used to be terribly clumsy, but luckily I've never broken a bone.

1. [B]When I was a Pirate...[/B]
My dad built me this platform thing when I lived in South Africa, because I adored climbing. He hadn't actually finished it, but I managed to clamber up onto this thing and thoroughly enjoyed jumping off of it. So, one day, I put a stick in my mouth and decided to be a pirate. When I jumped off the platform, the stick hit the ground before I did and snapped one of my teeth. >_< Painful stuff, man.

[B]2. Ow! My toe...[/B]
Everyone's stubbed their toe, I know, but I used to do it so often. And I didn't just stub it, but I took the end off of it. The first time I hit my toe was when I was 4 and living in Thailand. I walked around without shoes on and must have caught it on a sharp step, because the whole tip of my toe was taken clean off. I think I hit it about ten times over the course of six years, and in the end I just didn't feel a thing. It was sort of like, "Oh, hey, I'm bleeding!"

[B]3. I'll never skateboard again...[/B]
Never, ever again will I touch a skateboard. I tried my friends out and, being the genius I am, went down a ramp designed for BMX bikes instead of skateboards. Obviously it was at the wrong angle, and the skateboard kind of...slipped from under me. If anyone?s ever seen the episode of the Simpsons where Homer slips on water, it was like that. I landed almost perfectly straight, hitting my hip on the way down. I got up and started laughing, because at the time it didn't hurt too badly. Ached like hell for days after, though, and I had a bruise that spread right over my hip and thigh.

[B]4. Bikes+Corners=Bad[/B]
Usual thing, really. Went round a corner too fast on my bike, hit the curb, and flew right over the handlebars. Again, I got up and laughed, because it didn't hurt too badly at the time. I was actually pretty lucky, because I landed a couple of feet away from a pile of bricks.

[B]5. Ooh, what's this?[/B]
Again, something stupid I done as a child. I saw the car cigarette lighter and didn't have a clue what it was. My mum was outside the car, loading shopping or something, so I pressed the lighter in to see what it did. When it popped out I noticed it had changed colour and...pressed it against my thumb. Yeah. Not doing that again.

Nothing really exciting for me. There have been plenty more painful things I've done, but those are the most...interesting. How odd.[/SIZE]

Well, mine aren't really as interesting as some of the others, but what the hell...

1. Funny father + slippery slide = Big Hurt
My dad's a really funny guy. Seriously, he should do stand-up, people would love him. Anyway, when I'm like five, maybe six years old, he takes me to my favorite playground. The thing is like a ****ing wooden castle with all kinds of crawl spaces, slides of various heights, and is just plain awesome. I go down one of the taller straight slides. And while I'm going down, dad starts making funny faces at me. So I make funny faces back. I figure they must've greased the slide recently or something, because I hit the ground pretty fast and pretty hard. While I had my front teeth over my bottom lip. Lots of blood, lots of pain. I had to be taken to the hospital and get my lip stitched back together. I still have the scar.

2. Roller skating
I'm really not sure what I was doing, but I ended up falling while roller skating (not roller blading, you know those side-by-side wheel deals?) with one leg underneath my body. My tailbone slammed down on the wheel, and I had to crawl to the side of the rink, because I couldn't stand from the pain. I'm pretty sure nothing was broken, it just hurt like hell for a few hours.

3. I've broken one bone in my 19 years of life. When I was twelve, walking home from school during winter, I hit a patch of glaze ice. Both my feet zipped out from underneath me, so I reached one hand down to break my fall. I landed with all my weight on my left arm, and broke my left ulna (one of the two bones in the forearm) near the wrist.

Most Painful thing?

Definetly a sporting Injuiry; I was playing Aussie Rules Football on a basketball court and was in 'The Pack' that were getting the ball kicked to them. I went behind the tallest guy there and went up and took an amazing Speccie before going over his shoulder and crashing Head First into the concrete. Funny thing is however that even though I should have broken my neck, I really just concussed myself.

That is the most painful thing. As you can tell, rarely do I put my body through the mincer.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]This is just to painful for me to remember..

1. Tree incident- This has to be the single most painful thing I have ever done in my life, also it almost made me paralized from the neck down at the same instant. So I think I must have been just about six or something like that. So anyways I was climbing trees and jumping off of them then after one certain jump. There was a broken tree branch right underneath me that I didnt know of and it sliced right up my back. Needless to say it didnt tickle. Thats all I really remember from the time though. I don't even know what happened and apparently I didnt get any stiches because I dont have any on my back.. I think.

2. Stupid pools- This one I remember easily however. I was in my backyard pool with my friends doing such and such. When one of them pushed me into the pool and because of the edge of the pool was very sharp with the edges of plates of some kind of stone. I ended up scraping off all the skin of my legs from the bottom of my ankles all the way up to the top of my knees. The intresting thing about this one was that I didn't feel any pain whatsoever. The only thing I though of was what it looked like. While I was in the water all I saw was the white of my tissue. I stayed in the water for a wile before getting out and then it happened. Blood came pouring out of my legs in a rapid amount. For some odd reason the only thing I could even think of was that what would my mom say? However once I showed it to her she passed out from seeing so much blood so I was just on my own. I just ended up using around 20 normal band aids for it.

I may edit this for some later thing if I can think of it. However this is all I have for now.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1]1. [B]When I was a Pirate...[/B]
My dad built me this platform thing when I lived in South Africa, because I adored climbing. He hadn't actually finished it, but I managed to clamber up onto this thing and thoroughly enjoyed jumping off of it. So, one day, I put a stick in my mouth and decided to be a pirate. When I jumped off the platform, the stick hit the ground before I did and snapped one of my teeth. >_< Painful stuff, man.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Oh! That vaguely reminded me of another painful experience of mine! ...erm... vaguely in that the only similarity is the involvement of teeth, heh.

[B]4. One in a Million[/B]
Right. I'm not exactly the best person at looking after my teeth. Never have been, never will be.

Way back before my adult molars came through, I had a temporary filling put into one of my baby ones - after all, there's no point putting a permanent filling into a temporary tooth, right? And on the most part I had no problems with it. However, there was one elusive occasion with a tiny sweet, called a [I]'Million'[/I], I think. Somehow, the 'Million' got lodged in the cavity, between the filling and the tooth. How on earth that happened, I haven't a clue. All I know is that it set off all the nerves in my teeth, and gave me the worst tooth-ache in my life.

Of course, naturally, that wasn't the end of it. No, not even close. The sweet then got lodged deeper inside the cavity, and eventually [I]shattered[/I] the tooth. That hurt even more than the toothache itself, and the top part of the tooth simply broke apart and came out. The roots, on the other hand, were still quite well acquainted with my somewhat shredded gums, and I had to stick my fingers into the bloody mess and kind of dig them out, while ripping them away from the gums and the nerve endings. One of those rare occasions in my life where I'm surprised that I didn't swear my head off, yet if I remember correctly I actually finished the bag of sweets afterwards. Lol.

So yes, a great many blooded tissues were born on that fateful day. And the tooth fairy [I]still[/I] visited! :cross:

Anybody slammed into a door? I thought that was very common [scratches head]. While I did yesterday. To make a long story short I was walking down the school hallway minding my own business, until WHAM! The door labeled Janitor's Closet made an introduction with my face. Oh yeah, sure I was knocked off my feet, dropped my school bag, and made myself look like a total idiot, but somehow I managed to wonder how a senior citizen in his early ripe age somehow had the strength to open that door especially with the oncoming force I made.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=celestialcharm]It was a few days before graduation, and ued to like sewing, so one day I accidentally a needle on the floor...

I was watching television, back when it still was good, so as I walked out of the room to go the bathroom, I walked into it! The sewing needle, got stuck into the carpet, so my foot stabbed itself.[/QUOTE]

Dang. That has got to hurt. I encountered the same situation, but different object. At my grandparent's house there is always something that has to be done. Unfortunately thos particular day we had to tear down the left wall on the barn. We finished around noon and was picking up our tools to go back inside the house. We left the boards the way they were with the nails still in them. On the way toward the house I step on one. For some reason I felt a nip on my heel, but thought a it was a rock. When I lifted my leg up the board was connected to it. Then I felt it. I t was freckin painful! The damn nail got through the thin sole of sandal. Yeah there was blood, and later I went to the hospital. The doctor there gave me a shot on my foot, because there was something being said about the spreading of germs. The bad part about it was my foot got swollen and expanded their usually size. I then endured the torture my cousins gave me, they called me "chubby foot lefty" or "engorged footesy". The good news is that after my foot healed I had my revenge, but that's another story.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

When I was nine i was on a swing (the ones that are just a plank and chains) i went high and caught hold of the bottom of the swing and totally flipped over onto the tarmac. I passed out.Then when I was three i caught my finger in an extremely heay door and had to get stiches.Then my earing back went into my ear and i had to get it taken out. Ow ow and ow again!

[quote name='CrazyMew']Then my earing back went into my ear and i had to get it taken out. Ow ow and ow again![/quote]
Oh I had that happen to me too! I was in the second grade I think. I had to go to the hospital and have the back removed. They basically made an incision on the back of my ear and pulled the stud earring all the way through. That really did hurt. After that I basically let my ear piercings close up and didn't get them re-pierced again until I was 15. I actually forgot about that incident until now....ah...what memories. :animesigh

Since the last time this thread popped up the only new injuries I can add to my list of a broken arm, broken ankle, numerous stitches from different lacerations, amputation of a finger and being shot in the back with a BB gun is my arthritis.

I have developed what is known as a Rheumatoid nodule. It's basically when a joint swells up and stays swollen. The nodules are what causes the crooked fingers and joints that RA suffers have. Mine is on my right pinky finger. It's kind of like that red swollen knot you get after being hit in the head with a baseball. You know, a "goose egg". RA nodules look and feel about the same way PLUS they don't go away unless you surgically remove them. Needless to say, they suck.

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=#004a6f]I'm reviving this thread before it gets too old. Please continue posting your most painful experiences ^_^.

I have another one: My brother's nail are quite sharp even when they are cut. they just have a sharp edge, while mine are pretty soft and blunt.

Once, when his toenails were long he was walking behind me, and his huge feet kept on slamming into the bottom of mine. He didn't mean to do it, he just had a clumsy moment, but his toenails were quite sharp and cut the bottom of my feet a few times. Ow.[/COLOR]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

Martial Arts tends to supply you with many painful experiences. Alot of sparring accidents. Alot of connecting shins at high speeds. Alot of kicks to the loins. Generally, my shins are now deadened nerve-wise, because I don't use guards. Alot of large lumps, to say the least. Failed board breaks tend to suck pretty hard aswell.

Other than that, I've had a couple other painful experiences. Waking up in the middle of my tonsel removal wasn't fun, but I was still pretty out of it. Stepping on an upright nail as a child, bare foot. Cutting my thumb with a saw (left a scar). Burning my hand on the oven. Falling onto my arm, breaking the forearm, while skating. Basketballs to the face while going for the rebound. Tae Kwon Do master's example... no further explanation is needed. Blood blister on the man parts... don't want to remember. My father's famous bear hug... I thought I was going to black out.

Oh, and braces sucked. I was alergic to the dime they were made out of ironically, so I had to spend three years of my life with reoccuring ulcers in my mouth, one which grew to the size of the tip of my pinky finger. I could stick my tongue in the crap. Eating was a terrible experience. That's over now, thank god.[/color][/size]

[size=1][font=georgia]I remember threads like this...I don't have too painful moments as mentioned before, and I hope never to experience those kind of moments.

[b]1.[/b] (I've shared this one so many times on this board) One time, I had one of those round sleds that spin around when you go down hills. Well, there's a hill, and at the end of the hill there is a parking lot with parked cars. I went sledding down the hill, and unfortunately it didn't stop at the end of the hill. The sled kept on going, and into the parking lot it went, and I had no idea what was going on because being the round sled I was facing backwards. And then I felt a 'thump', and pain. Turns out I hit the bumper of one of the parked cars.

[b]2.[/b] You know the feeling when your leg goes numb? Well, try attempting to walk still with the leg numb. I did one step, and then my whole body somehow twisted and I fell. I had to stay on the ground because the numb leg now just felt like it was twisted.

[b]3.[/b] In P.E. (it's funny how everything happens in P.E.), our class was playing some type of revised version of Dodgeball. Well, I was one of three people left on my team, and there were many on the other team, and they had two balls, I had one, and one on my team had one. So, people decide to gang up on me. So they threw it, and I ducked. (It actually was kind of cool, because right when it came I ducked) Then the other person threw it right afterwards, and I leaned back. Now, I had perfect control of my body, but for some reason I fell backwards, but to protect my fall I tried to use my hands, but instead they were kind of twisted and then I landed on my butt. Everyone laughed, but it hurt like heck afterwards and I had to carry around an ice pack on my wrist the rest of the day.

[b]4.[/b] Try using a fork as a toothpick.

[b]5.[/b] I decided to have a 'fight' with my dog, which just happens to be taller then me when standing and stronger. So, I started 'attacking' him by lightly hitting him on the face with my hands. He growled, bit me, and stood on his hind legs and swung his paws and unclipped nails at my face. It went across my lip and cheek and bled and it stayed there for about two days. Unfortunately, I fell at a point and he started biting my arms too.

[b]6.[/b] Touched mom's straightening iron when it was still hot. Had a burn for a week to two weeks.

[b]7.[/b] While playing DDR, one of the dry areas on my feet scraped across the screws on my metal pad at my house, and started bleeding. Wasn't really painful, but was very sore.

Also had my share of needles being stabbed in my foot. I stepped on the ground and it went in my foot for the first needle, and the second needle I was sliding on my carpet and went into my foot. I was sliding on carpet again and that time a sharp pencil went in. Still have the marks.

And when I get hit in the head with a ball, it really doesn't hurt. Just recently it was in P.E. and a basketball was accidentally thrown at my head but I hardly felt a thing.[/size][/font]