OtakuBoards

suikoden!!!

Suikojin

has anybody here played the suikoden series?
i have and it totally kicks arse! its my fav rpg next to the ff series!
the story line is great the char art is great, hell the whole game is great! and i cant wait for suikoden 3 comes around on PS2

anyway what do u guys think of it!

well i know suikoden 2 came out in america in 1998, im not sure about 1 though! it has 108 diff playable char in both games, there are also the traditional rpg fighting style and a tactical fighting style(like war type games), u have ur own castle that u can build up, both games are based on an old asian legend about 108 warriors, and the game was published by konami!

hope this answers any questions about the game u guys have!

so whats ur fav char in any of the suikoden game?:cool: :demon:

fear the )V(

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku_sama [/i]
[B]I heard suikoden 3 on the PS2 was gonna be in 3D i mean the graphics are goin 2 be good but the other r in 2D and i think that it shouldnt really change. [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, I agree with you to some extent, but they have to make it 3d to pull the crowds, so to speak, so that they become interested in the game from the graphics....

Actually Goku_Sama, it's irrevelant whether or not they can make the graphics look really great in 3D. To be honest, the Suikoden series was built on gripping storylines rather than brilliant visuals. In actuallity, there are games out there that do much better 2D than Konami did with Suikoden. In my opinon, the series' new look still manages to capture the old school innocence of past RPGs, rather than trying to create ultra realistic graphics. That is a good thing.

but have u heard of the suikogaiden that came out ive looked into it and it looks like a really good game but japan arent goin 2 release it outside japan and thats really annoyin.

does anyone know when Suikden 3 is coming out cuase i really want 2 buy it

[color=blue][size=1]Sheesh, this has been double posted since before I was a mod even. Ah well, it's fixed now. This is the second case I've seen you do this in the same thread. I've got my eye on you. -Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]

• 5 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am a big fan of Suikoden. My friend got the first one when we were in college last year, and we started playing, and thus, became hooked. After beating the game (in like 8 hours), we came back and started again trying to find all the characters. While searching the net to find how to position the characters and locations of others, we found that there was a second one out. Well, we went out and got that one too. . . Played it, beat it fast, then tried again to get all the characters and secrets.

WOW, was the second one ten times better or what? Everything about it blew me away, and I couldn't stop playing for weeks to come. Of course, it got old after a while, and I never was really challenged in the game.

Perhaps they will make the game a bit longer in Suikoden 3, add MUCH more challenging enemies, and . . well, I suppose those were my only complaints. . . ^_^ Rock on~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

wot i want in suikoden 3 is mainly all the characters from the 2nd suikoden such as Jowy the hero nanami and i would like the knights miklotov and camus also 2 be in it. Have u also heard of suikogaiden thats one is based round suikoden 2 which i really want 2 play but its not coming out of japan so i need my ps2 chipped.

[size=1][color=blue]Posts Combined -Crazy White Boy[/color][/size]

hey on suikoden 2 at the end once u finish the last boss and you have the coice of two endings well how can you put members in your party because your ment to meet elza at that sajah village but i cant put clive in my team how do you do this?

• 1 month later...
Oh yeah, I'm lending Suikoden to you arent I SG? lol.
It is another classic, the rendering and innovative storyline is capable of lifting your heart to an extent where you can relate to the actions. Especially Suikoden 2.
I completed Suikoden with all the characters in the game joined including Gremio, (sp?) which was really hard work getting them all to join.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]This is just a quick question. Can you get ALL the characters in the second Suikoden? I know it was possible for the first game, but I forgot if you could do it for the second one. . . It has been WAY too long since I played them, so don't think this is just a stupid question, just more of a friendly reminder ^_^

Regardless, I hope in Suikoden 3, that you CAN get EVERY character there is. I like having everyone =P LOL, sorry~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]This is just a quick question. Can you get ALL the characters in the second Suikoden? I know it was possible for the first game, but I forgot if you could do it for the second one. . . It has been WAY too long since I played them, so don't think this is just a stupid question, just more of a friendly reminder ^_^

Regardless, I hope in Suikoden 3, that you CAN get EVERY character there is. I like having everyone =P LOL, sorry~ [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes you can. Its similar to the first apart from different endings. But I wont spoil it, because thats beyond the rules here and in my books. You have to recruit every character to result in the outcome of those who were close to you in the game.
Ok just a quick question for everyone.
Who could you relate to most in Suikoden 1/2/ who is most like you?
A. Mine was Flik (Blue Lightning Flik) Loyal to his friends. And I kind of look like him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tronic [/i]
[B]

never heard of it

[IMG][IMG]theurl[/IMG][/IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

Never heard of it?! It was only the first quality role playing game for the PSX. I seriously suggest you check it out. I bet that it's well under twenty bucks.

answering to zidane jowy is my character i relate to in some ways but he is my fav character and i hope that suikoden 2 characters are in suikoden 3.
One question can u help me getting guys in my party after you completed the game or another question can you??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku_sama [/i]
[B]answering to zidane jowy is my character i relate to in some ways but he is my fav character and i hope that suikoden 2 characters are in suikoden 3.
One question can u help me getting guys in my party after you completed the game or another question can you?? [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah sure. Who do you need help with recruiting. Actually pm me.

• 4 weeks later...
[color=blue][size=1]Suikoden is excellent. For those who haven't played either 1 or 2, I highly suggest you [b]hunt them down[/b] if you're an RPG fan. Unfortunately, they're getting harder and harder to find. :( I had to search long and hard to find my copy of Suikoden. *hugs his copy*[/size][/color] :D

Guest Morph
OMG!!! Suikoden is my FAVORITE GAME of all time, Suikoden II was even better, I love this game soooooo much

Suikoden was, and still is a great game. It had an awesome story, and it unraveled quite well. Plenty of plot twists, and heart wrenching moments with all the emotional scenes the game provided. The graphics were great for it's time, but the movements were rather stiff looking. This was remedied in Suikoden 2 though. The animation in that game was superb, and was greatly improved over it's predecessor. Suikoden 2 also has a great plot with a lot of extra characters, this time how ever they are each more unique then the characters were in Suikoden 1. Thankfully my favorite character Victor returns as well. Both are definitely great games, although not long lasting, but great nonetheless.

Sadly, I haven't heard much on Suikoden 3 yet. Seen a picture, and a small caption about it. That's it. But from the picture I've seen it looked great, and I think it'll turn out to be quite an awesome game. Especially with the plots, and characters the last two games had.

yeah suikoden 3 is goin to have a couple of character from number 2 and is set also in harmonia (mentioned alot in suiko 2) but i want to get suikodegaiden coz its based round suikoden 2 my fav suikoden and looks really good but its not leaving japan. :(