Favorite Eureka seveN chick?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Eureka seveN chick?

• Eureka
    • Anemone
    • Talho
    • Gidget

Guest jboncha
I've been watching E7 on Cartoon Network on Sat for the last month or so.
I'm really liking the animation and storyline so far but why couldnt they have directed the English voice actors to say the word Eureka in the correct way....:S
You think it would be top priority with it being in the title of the show and all.

I guess I can deal with it though considering the fact that the show seems to be really good other than that small discrepancy.

J B

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! I forgot to watch last night's episode (episode 6). Would anyone care to give me a quick summary? Geez, this is like FMA all over again... it may take a while for me to get back into the habit of turning on the TV at the same time each week. :animesigh

~Dagger~

Im currently waiting for it to air on Toonami or adult swim, whatever one it will be showing unless i totally missed it or something, but my friend was the first to tell me about the series and i was told it was very good but haven't gotten the chance to watch it
hopefully in the near future i'll be able to.

Untill then i'll just have to wait it out and feed off my source of naruto that's going way to slow for my particular taste, Oh well what can you do?

[QUOTE=Dagger]Argh! I forgot to watch last night's episode (episode 6). Would anyone care to give me a quick summary? Geez, this is like FMA all over again... it may take a while for me to get back into the habit of turning on the TV at the same time each week. :animesigh

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]6 is the [spoiler]"Eureka's kids screw with Renton"[/spoiler] episode; it also continues the proud mecha anime tradition of having said [spoiler]kids[/spoiler] completely endanger the lives of everyone around them. There's a more in-depth review [URL=http://ktkore.hitori-janai.net/?p=61]here[/URL].

Or, if you were interested in being able to actually [I]watch[/I] the episode... well, you didn't hear this from me, but if by random chance you were to google "eureka 7" and a word that rhymes with "tanashi" but starts with the letter between m and o, and if by random chance you were to see a file available that just happened to bear a striking resemblance to that episode in its original japanese... well, what a coincidence that would be, right?

Oh yes, Eureka Seven. It's slowly beginning to take over and own my soul. At first I didn't think I would like it (Many of my favorites started that way though, like FMA), but it's starting to rapidly grow a place in meh heart.

Oh, and I don't know when she debuts, but I can NOT wait for [spoiler]Anemone[/spoiler] to show herself. She sounds...awesome. It would appear my current favorite anime and it's corresponding favorite character are going to have some competition. :animesmil

I like this show. I just started watching it last saturday and i thought it was funny. I think it has a good story too. well i g2g schools out for summer to day.

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Cloud-Strife[/B] please put a little more effort into your posts. Just stating that a show is funny with out bothering to explain why you think it is funny is spam. Please review the rules and faq located on the left side bar of the forum. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

And that's where it's flawed at.... To me anyway. It seems to be focusing too much on comic relief and character development. While I don't mind the character development, I don't care much for the comedy. The level of it (comedy) this has to offer ranges from either sub par or down right corny. (I said it in a few threads before that I don't really have much of a sense of humor so.... "shrugs")

That last episode that was shown Saturday was interesting simply because of it's character development. Other than that..... I still have no idea what the plot is or where this is heading to. (Sorry if I'm coming off as only seeing the negatives of this show, but that's all I can be if I find nothing appealing... right?) I'll give it 2 more episodes.

Ha! Last night's episode had one of the funniest hazing scenarios I've seen. It's hard to be annoyed with Renton when his naivete is so extreme. But all that aside, I'm basically just twiddling my thumbs, enjoying the comedy and biding my time until Anemone arrives (which is when--Episode 9? Episode 11?). I'd advise anyone who's on the fence about the series to do the same; one of the random episodes that I saw had her in it, and it was some pretty crazy, messed up ****. And I mean that in a good way.

Also, Steve Staley absolutely owned as Moondoggie. The part toward the end when he smoothly spouted off all that slang was just awesome.

[QUOTE=Fasteriskhead]6 is the [spoiler]"Eureka's kids screw with Renton"[/spoiler] episode; it also continues the proud mecha anime tradition of having said [spoiler]kids[/spoiler] completely endanger the lives of everyone around them. There's a more in-depth review [URL=http://ktkore.hitori-janai.net/?p=61]here[/URL].
[/QUOTE]
Many thanks, good sir. :animesmil

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uchiha-marcus
very good and exciting anime!I like it and so far im on episode 10 lol i know lame....
but it is good and to those of you who havent seen it you should [color=red][illegal suggestion][/color] or just look at the schedules for adult swim.

So I finished watching my tape of episode 9 (last night's episode). Now, is it me, or did this show just turn into FMA? :animeswea

I actually mean that as a sincere compliment. Since there are obviously some similar themes, I'm assuming that BONES ends up going in a different direction with E7, and seeing how all of that plays out should be interesting. But still, the "military dog" lines almost made me fall out of my seat laughing. That must have been a deliberate reference.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah, the "military dog" statement totally reminded me of Full Metal Alchemist, and for some reason I thought of Roy Mustang, too. And then my friend asked me if I thought Eureka was a Homuculus, because he suspects her of not being human... :therock:

Anyways, does anyone know why they took the subtitle, "Psalm of Planets," out on the dubbed version? I guess they must of thought it unnessessary or something. Also, what's a Psalm?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anyways, does anyone know why they took the subtitle, "Psalm of Planets," out on the dubbed version? I guess they must of thought it unnessessary or something. Also, what's a Psalm?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Might be a religious thing. The psalms is a book in the bible that are lyrical and are meant to be songs praising God. Many Church hymns are composed of lines from the Book of Psalms.

-r2

• 3 weeks later...
Man, I'm disappointed in you guys. Two episodes full of everything that people have been waiting for--trippiness, Anemone, action, some blood and stuff--and no comments! Okay, I'm not at all in a position to talk, given that I didn't even bother watching my tape until just now. But I thought the past two episodes were rather spectacular in comparison to what came before them (and especially the dream sequence in the most recent one).

How do y'all feel about Anemone's English voice actress? I don't remember Anemone's seiyuu well enough to compare them, but I thought the English VA did a rather good job. Her voice sounded really familiar to me, but when I looked her up, it turned out that she hasn't had many big roles in the past, which is kind of neat.

On a related note, I find it interesting that Anemone's name, like Eureka's, is given the Japanese pronunciation in the dub.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well after as much as I had tried to avoid this series from my opinion of..." Robots + Surfing = BAD!" When I was bored almost to the point of death I decided to let my grace glide over this series.

Dispite how much I hated the origional though of the idea, after seeing the last two episodes I think that all of that may have disapeared from my system. (Although for some reason, the way that they are launched reminds me just a little to much of Gundam.) I am guessing what was happeneing on last nights episode was that [spoiler]In the zone thing[/spoiler] Because I have absolutly no clue what was happening. Also, from what I can kind of get from the last episode...[spoiler]Is Anemone suppose to be Eureka's opposite or something like that?[/spoiler] I could only guess that from the readings that the Geko had on the Nirvash from last night's episode.

Yet I still loved every part of those Capital ship battles, those kinds of things really make me want to have all that kind of futureistic stuff now. Why must I wait for it :animecry: [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Lol @ Dagger.

Well to be honest, episode 11 was the only episode that I found actually good. Anemone is probably a little too trippy for my taste though. And episode 12 was way out the way with the trippiness. I kind of found that episode to be a little pointless though. [spoiler] All 3 of them were knocked out right? Did that giant cloud thingy put all 3 of them (Renton, Eureka, and Anemone) in the same dream or something?[/spoiler] I haven't given up on it though seeing that I need to kill time for 1:30 (Samurai 7's repeat)

On the subject of Anemone's English VA, you said she didn't have many big roles, but didn't she do the dub voice of Haruko in FLCL? And in turn, I believe she did the voice of Raine in Tales of Symphonia.

Then again...that's only two.

Anyway, my cable is out, and is still out until this Friday, but I've been able to keep up with E7 online (I hope I can say that). And Anemone is indeed what I had hopes, sweet and cra-zee at the same time. :3

Wow. I got the voice actresses for Eureka and Anemone mixed up. Curses! But anyway, yeah, you're right. And now I can feel somewhat less delusional about recognizing her voice. :animeswea

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well after as much as I had tried to avoid this series from my opinion of..." Robots + Surfing = BAD!"[/FONT] [/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]
How do Surfing Robots not sound cool? It'd think that robots doing near anything would interest me. Think about it. Guy playing basketball in a court? Or Robot playing basketball all over the galaxy? Which would you play more money to see?
:D

Anyway, Anemone scares me...and so does Episode 12...Every time they mention "the Zone" now, I have to yell, "THEY'RE IN THE ZONE!!!" now...don't know what I'm thinking of but I heard that somewhere...*wonders* :animedepr

Also, in Episode 11, when [spoiler]the LFO that Mattthew was in got it's arm cut off, my friend thought that the dude that was reaching for his camera lost his arm too.[spoiler/] I haven't the slightest idea where he got that from... :animeswea [/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh, wow. I feel smart now. XD

Speaking of Eureka's voice, I hear so many complaints about her dub voie, and that it's too high pitched. I actually disagree with that - while it may be high, it's not NEARLY as high as I've heard other female voices, whether it be the original Japanese voice
(-coughWinrycough-), or a dub voice (-coughMirellecough-), and I think it suits her...unless there's more about Eureka that I don't know (and probably don't xD). Then again, I guess it boils down to personal taste.

[quote name='Sangome']While we're at it, can someone tell me what happened in episode 12? I was forced to miss it. D:[/quote]
Despite having watched it all of two days ago, I probably won't be able to give a very coherent summary, haha. But here are some highlights.

[spoiler]The episode begins with a swift recap of Anemone's attack on the Nirvash. As she attempts to take them out, the Nirvash has an incredible reaction to Renton's emotions, and Anemone, Eureka and Renton are all plunged into a bizarre nightmare (although it mainly follows Renton's point of view).

From that point onward, the episode cuts between scenes from the nightmare and scenes of the two ships battling outside the Coralion (Corallion?). Dominic dislikes the idea of a head-on fight and would prefer that his ship stay back to support Anemone, but he gets overruled.

In the end, the government ship and the Gekko sustain the same amount of damage. Eureka, who has been chasing Renton through his dream, finally manages to catch up with him. The Coralion vanishes, and the Nirvash and Anemone's mech end up next to each other at the epicenter of the resulting devastation. The preview voice-over talks about Renton meeting Dominic and how each of them wants to protect someone who is important to him.[/spoiler]

My favorite parts of the dream sequence were [spoiler]shark-Anemone, Renton getting flushed down a toilet, and the scene in which he opened a refrigerator door and found Anemone curled up inside, naked.[/spoiler] It sounds silly, but they actually made it quite creepy.

~Dagger~

Ahh, okee! Thankies Dagger. =D

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Sangome, in the future if all you have to post about is just to say thanks or something along the lines of that, it would be better to just edit your origionaly post since one like this is more along the lines of spam. ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Saiyan Tempist
Hello to everyone....just opened my account today and this was the first forum thread i looked into considering I've been excited about E7 since I heard it was coming on Adult Swim. Having watched the episodes religiously since airing (only missed one before AS started posting the shows on their ASFix site), I have to say this IS a great series.

I havn't read all the threads here mostly the first few... wasn't a fan of Gundam.. but this show doesn't seem to be centered around just the mech but Eureka and the boy instead or I should say all 3.

Well there went my 2 cents :)

I'm a big fan of not just anime but of the art form put into the animation, the emotions, humor, etc. Anime isn't a cartoon...its as different as were silent movies to what we have now.

• 1 month later...
[b][size=1]Heh, with the pass few episodes, you'd think people would still talk about this. I have started taking a liking to this program, but with that being said, I still have no idea what the story is suppose to be about. However, I am glad that they toned down on the humor side. (I have no sense of humor so one can only take so much, ya know.)

In any case, I missed this pass episode (satellite is out, and probably won't be back until next week :cussing: ) and was wondering if someone can tell me what happened?[/b][/size]