Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?


Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=Jeebs]First one:
[spoiler][FONT=Arial]ll = Xl[/FONT]
(XI is the roman numeral for 11.)[/spoiler][/QUOTE]Unfortunately, that is not the answer. But that's a good guess though.[/COLOR]
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f']Unfortunately, that is not the answer. But that's a good guess though.[/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Well, it might not be the answer you were thinking of, but it is certainly an answer.

[b]Stuck just there above the heart,
Trembles with every beat,
And offers silent greeting
To everyone you meet[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f][quote name='Sara']Well, it might not be the answer you were thinking of, but it is certainly an answer.[/quote]The thing is, you can't switch between ronam numerals and arabic numerals in the same equation. At least for these, I'm not sure if it is mathematical rule (it probably is though, as the person who gave me the riddles was a mathematician, and when I gave the answer ll = Xl, I was told it was wrong).[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f']The thing is, you can't switch between ronam numerals and arabic numerals in the same equation. At least for these, I'm not sure if it is mathematical rule (it probably is though, as the person who gave me the riddles was a mathematician, and when I gave the answer ll = Xl, I was told it was wrong).[/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]I see what you are saying. Although techically 11 does equal XI, it's not precisely a mathematical equation.

With that in mind, I do think I figured it out. :)

[spoiler]In words, one equals the square root of one.

I[b]I[/b]=VI

Rotate the bolded [b]I[/b] ninety degrees and place it above the I on the second half of the equation, and it will form a radical sign with the V.[/spoiler]

Not sure how to pull that off in type, heh.[/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]With that in mind, I do think I figured it out. :)

[spoiler]In words, one equals the square root of one.

I[b]I[/b]=VI

Rotate the bolded [b]I[/b] ninety degrees and place it above the I on the second half of the equation, and it will form a radical sign with the V.[/spoiler]

Not sure how to pull that off in type, heh.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]Yes, well done Sara, that's the right answer.[/COLOR]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
Hello everyone anyway heres the riddle of the day :D

Part carbon, part water, I am poison to the fishes.
Many falsely claim my name, I am the pause that refreshes.
What am I?

enjoy :D
Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Hello everyone anyway heres the riddle of the day :D

Part carbon, part water, I am poison to the fishes.
Many falsely claim my name, I am the pause that refreshes.
What am I?

enjoy :D[/QUOTE][spoiler]Is it air?[/spoiler][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Hello everyone anyway heres the riddle of the day :D

Part carbon, part water, I am poison to the fishes.
Many falsely claim my name, I am the pause that refreshes.
What am I?

enjoy :D[/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1][spoiler]Coke.[/spoiler]

Pause that refreshes, heh. [/color][/size]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][spoiler]Coke.[/spoiler]

Pause that refreshes, heh. [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

your good, good job .Ok heres another one

Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all numbers, the first of all letters,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring,
Before you the name of an eminent king.

friend told me this one.

anyway have fun

p.s. I dont even know this one yet.could some one help :animesmil
Posted
[font=Trebuchet MS]The answer is [spoiler]David[/spoiler].

Five hundred in Roman numerals is D, so it begins and ends with D. Five in Roman numerals is V, so there's a V in the middle. Then the first of the letters is A, the first of the numbers is one, or I in Roman numerals again. [spoiler]And as far as I know there's never been a famous king called Divad...[/spoiler]
[/font]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]The answer is [spoiler]David[/spoiler].

Five hundred in Roman numerals is D, so it begins and ends with D. Five in Roman numerals is V, so there's a V in the middle. Then the first of the letters is A, the first of the numbers is one, or I in Roman numerals again. [spoiler]And as far as I know there's never been a famous king called Divad...[/spoiler]
[/font][/QUOTE]
Wow great job you are very talented.

Ok heres another one guys. Enjoy

If you cross out all unnecessary letters in the following string of letters, a logical sentence will remain. Can you see it?

AALLLOUGNINCEACELSSSEANRYTELNETCTEERS
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Wow great job you are very talented.

Ok heres another one guys. Enjoy

If you cross out all unnecessary letters in the following string of letters, a logical sentence will remain. Can you see it?

AALLLOUGNINCEACELSSSEANRYTELNETCTEERS[/QUOTE]

Finally one I know!

The answer is: [SPOILER] All unnecessary letters[/spoiler]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]Finally one I know!

The answer is: [SPOILER] All unnecessary letters[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

great job.ok heres another one enjoy everyone :D

You can find us in darkness but never in light.
We are present in daytime but absent at night.
In the deepest of shadows, We hide in plain sight.
What am I?

hehehe try to get this one hehehe :animesmil
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]great job.ok heres another one enjoy everyone :D

You can find us in darkness but never in light.
We are present in daytime but absent at night.
In the deepest of shadows, We hide in plain sight.
What am I?

hehehe try to get this one hehehe :animesmil[/QUOTE]
Is it the letter D?
Posted
Originally Posted by [b]D. Resurrected[/b]
[i]great job.ok heres another one enjoy everyone [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You can find us in darkness but never in light.
We are present in daytime but absent at night.
In the deepest of shadows, We hide in plain sight.
What am I?

hehehe try to get this one hehehe [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/sdsmiley.gif[/img][/i]



actually the letter D sounds like a resonable answer but i think its shadows..fits pretty well dontcha think?:D
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
[QUOTE=Sui Generis][COLOR=Indigo]The answer is: language

Okay, there's this old lady, she was driving on a country side, where there's no light in the light poles, and no stars and moon. Suddenly, a Dog ran down the road towards the old lady, the old lady stopped the car immdetialy... how did the old lady see the dog, while there's no light poles, and no stars, and moon, and the light from her car? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
That's an easy one, she saw it cuz it's during the day.

You probably heard this one, but...
What creature walks first on four legs,then two,and finally three?
Posted
[FONT=Arial][QUOTE=Metal Dragon]
What creature walks first on four legs,then two,and finally three?[/QUOTE]

Heck yes, one I actually know! The answer is: [SPOILER]a man, through the course of his life. As a baby, he crawls on four legs, then walks on two, and finally uses a walking stick as he gets too old to support himself (three legs).[/SPOILER]

Unfortunately, I don't really know any riddles, so I can't post any hard ones.

But: [I]What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
[/I][/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]
Unfortunately, I don't really know any riddles, so I can't post any hard ones.

But: [I]What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=dodgerblue]A Sponge? (or a dish-cloth, etc).[/color]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='Jeebs']Is it the letter D?[/quote]

great job your right ok heres another one

Forward and forward I go, never looking back. My limit no one knows, more of me do they lack. Like a river I do flow, and an eagle I fly.
Now can you guess, what am I?

wow guys everyones doing great im running out of riddles.ohh well Ill make some more :animesmil

enjoy :D
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]

Heck yes, one I actually know! The answer is: [SPOILER]a man, through the course of his life. As a baby, he crawls on four legs, then walks on two, and finally uses a walking stick as he gets too old to support himself (three legs).[/SPOILER]

Unfortunately, I don't really know any riddles, so I can't post any hard ones.

But: [I]What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]
It's either a sponge or a towel.

Try this one:What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Posted
[QUOTE=Jeebs]Sleep?

[i]One man is stealing, while a man at a mask is waiting at home. What's going on?[/i][/QUOTE]

i'll say that the man stealing is working for the man at home(might be worng but thats all that came in mind :animeswea )

don't know if this one has been done but if it has sorry.

what goes up but cant go down?
Posted
[COLOR=#004a6f]No one answered my second riddle, so I thought I'd post it again:

Yeah, I really want someone to try it.

[SIZE=20][FONT=Arial][U]XXll[/U] = ll
Vlll [/FONT][/SIZE]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]No one answered my second riddle, so I thought I'd post it again:

Yeah, I really want someone to try it.

[SIZE=20][FONT=Arial][U]XXll[/U] = ll
Vlll [/FONT][/SIZE]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I was thinking about it but it's kinda confusing. By line what exactly do you mean? What constitutes as a line? And is it roman numerals? As in 22/8=2???

Well i have a riddle.

What can you put into a barrel that will make it lighter that you can see? (You can only put one thing in it. For example, a baloon is not only a balloon. It's rubber and helium.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...