OtakuBoards

Holy Islands v2 (play)

Yoda

[color=crimson][i]Asuka slowly begins to come to, feeling the sunshine on her face. She opens her eyes and sees Zack sitting beside her. She jumps slightly and immediately grabs for her blanket, but realizes it's at the bottom the bed. She relaxes a minute after the first seconds' shock and then immediatly thinks about what she last remembers.[/i]

Asuka: What happened to me?

Zack: You passed out. Orianna told me to bring you here and watch over you.

Asuka: Where is she now?

Zack: I don't know, but she seemed in a hurry to leave. She seemed very preoccupied.

[i]Asuka thinks a little. She looks out the window and then turns to Zack.[/i]

Asuka: Perhaps we better find out?

Zack: I really don't think you need to be trying to wander around to much....[/color]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royalblue]OOC: Sorry I haven't posted too much lately...I've had writer's block...but I'm back, so we should have a party :alcohol: !!! J/K!

---------------------------------

[i]This happens after Asuka gets back to her room and wakes up[/i]

Irina: You've got to concentrate harder or you'll never get it right!

Athena: I'm trying, I'm trying!!! I just can't concentrate today....My head is pounding!

Irina: If you can't properly freeze and unfreeze things with a little headache, then what are you going to do in battle if you get injured?!?

Athena: I can cast when I'm injured....I've done it before, but my head!!! Oh, god, what the hell is wrong with my head?!?!!

[i]Athena falls to the floor, unable to stand up. She lies there holding her head and gritting her teeth at the unbearable pain[/i]

Irina: Athena? Athena, can you tell me what is wrong? I can't help you unless I know what is wrong?

Athena: Asuka....

[i]Athena passes out and Irina checks her temperature.[/i]

Irina: My god, she's burning up! I better get her back to her room.

[i]Irina floats Athena up the stairs to her room where Asuka and Zack are talking[/i]

Asuka: Athena!! What happened to her?

Irina: We were in the middle of our lesson when she started to complain of a headache and then she passed out...I don't know why, but she also has a tremendous fever.

Zack: Do you think this has anything to do with your attack, Asuka?

Asuka: Well, I think it might...after all, I was freezing cold when I passed out, but I'm the one that controls fire. She's burning up, and she's the one who controls ice....I dunno. It might just be a coincidence.

[i]Irina begins to run out the door.[/i]

Zack: Where are you going?

Irina: No time, I can't talk now....I'll be back later.

Zack: So what do we do now?

Asuka:....[/color]

[I]Zack stands to walk to the door[/I]

Asuka:where are you going?

Zack:well your still sick...but you want to know what Orianna i up to right?..

Asuka:yeah...

Zack:and since your sister is sick here...someone has to stay...

Asuka:and because I am sick it should be me right?

Zack:exactly...

Asuka:...but...

Zack:...no but's...your not comming...

Asuka:...fine...

Zack:be back soon....

[I]Zack turns and walks out the door...at lot less nervous once outside the girls room. He turns and runs down the hall hopeing to catch up with Irina...as he gets close to her footsteps he slows his pace...he turns a corner...and nothing...he notices a door and tries it...but it is locked...Zack leans against it to see if he hears anything...and nothing...Zack finnally turns from the door and walks back toward the dorms[/I]

Suddenly, a huge booming voice can be heard over all the telecomms in the city.

Voice: All mages, or persons practiced in magic, please report to your corresponding palaces. This is not a request, it is manditory. You have 3 hours to report to your corresponding palaces. That is all....

Necron: What the.....

Azar: That is why I woke you. Let us go, and be hasty.

[I]As the voice dies away Zack hears another voice in his mind

Lusafer:Zack this is your teacher...Orianna told me you are watching her pupil for her...stay there...I will come get you...

The voice disappeard and Zack decided he had better listen..he turned and walked into his room ..Asuka looked up at him[/I]

Asuka:so?

Zack:lost her...did you hear?...

Asuka:yes...what should we do?...

Zack:my teacher told me to stay here...with you and your sister...so I guess we should wait....

[I]Zack stood and looked around again nervously[/I]

[color=royalblue][i]Athena slowly comes to, after Zack returns.[/i]

Athena: Unnhh.....

Asuka: Athena!

[i]She jumps up and dashes to her sister's bed while Zack jsut looks on.[/i]

Asuka: Athena!? Are you ok? What happened?

Athena ([i]groggily[/i]): Huh?...Wha..? Asuka, you're ok.....I was scared.....unnhh....my head!

Asuka: Athena! Tell me what's wrong, so I can help you.....Please!

Athena: I'm fine....really. I just have a killer headache....I'll be up in a minute.....[i]Falls back onto the pillow breathing heavily[/i]

Asuka ([i]to herself[/i]): What's going on? What's wrong with us? [i]She looks up at Zack.[/i] Well, at least you're still healthy. Any ideas on what's going on with this place?

[i]Zack walks over to the window and gazes out at the city, pensively.[/i]

Zack: All I know is that it doesn't look good......[/color]

[color=crimson][i]Asuka finally stands up, getting out of her bed. She takes a little water and puts it on Athena's forehead. [/i]

Asuka: You really don't look well, and you're burning up...

Athena: [i]Takes Asuka's arm and feels that she's cold as ice.[/i] What's wrong, Asuka? You're about as warm as a polar ice cap!

[i]Asuka shrugs slightly. She looks over at Zack who is staring out the window.[/i]

Asuka: What's on your mind, Zack?

Zack: Just wondering about all the going's on...and what's happening now...

Asuka: Well thanks for staying with us and taking care of us...even though your teacher did ask you to stay here...

Zack: No problem, really...

[i]Asuka walks to the doorway of the room and opens it and looks around the empty deserted halls. The school was filled with complete silence.[/i]

Asuka: I'm really worried...[/color]

[I]Zack stares out the window[/I]

Zack:something is brewing...I can feel it in my bones...

Asuka:oh?...

[I]Zack relizes she is looking out the hall[/I]

Zack:hey...you should be resting...near the fire...getting warm...

[I]Zack graps her gently and slowly pulls her to the fire[/I]

Zack:I would have stayed anyway you know....

[I]Zack walks and gets a glass of cold water and gives it to Athena[/I]

[color=crimson][i]Asuka stands beside the fire. She looks at Zack and Athena for a little and then turns and stares into the fire, thinking.[/i]

Asuka: Oh....so you would stay even without being ordered? Well that's very thoughtful of you, isnt it....

Athena: Yeah, thanks for the water...it's a little refreshing...my I'm still ultra hot...

[i]Athena fans herself a little. Asuka pushes her hair back from her face gently. Zack closes the door that Asuka left open.[/i][/color]

[color=royalblue]Asuka: Zack!!

[i]Athena sits up in bed[/i]

Athena: What happened??

Asuka: I dunno....he just fell over and passed out!

Athena: Here, let me help you get him on your bed...he needs to rest.

Auska: But you're still sick!

Athena: Well so are you!

Asuka: You've got a point. You get his legs and I'll get his arms.

[i]Athena gets out of bed slowly[/i]

Athena: OK...Here goes nothing.

[i]The two girls pick Zack up and lay him down on Asuka's bed.[/i]

Asuka: Well, he should wake up in a few minutes. I hope he's ok. [i]She puts her hand on his forehead to check his temperature.[/i] Athena! Come feel his forehead...I think something's really wrong with him!

[i]Athena walks over and puts her hand on his forehead.[/i]

Athena: Whoa! He's like ice one minute and then fire the next! That cannot be good. Where is everybody anyway...it's like we're the only ones in the dorm.

Asuka: That's because we are. Go look in the hallway.

Athena: [i]Walks over to the door and looks down the hallway.[/i] You're not lying! There's absolutely nobody here. Where could they possibly be??

Asuka: We should just stay here and look after Zack until one of the teachers comes back.

Athena: You should go sit by the fire....you're still freezing.

Asuka: Well OK, but you need to find a way to keep cool too....you're positively burning up.

Athena: You forget that I can freeze anything I want to.

[i]Freezes a towel hanging over the closet door and then wraps up in it. It melts in minutes.[/i]

Athena: Well, I tried anyway. Maybe I'll just have to keep refreezing it....It's gonna be a long day.....

Asuka: [i]Looks over at the unconscious Zack.[/i] I hope everything's OK....He's not looking too good...

Athena: [i]Walks over and hugs her sister.[/i] He'll be fine, dont worry.[/color]

[I]Zack sits up in bed[/I]

Zack:ugh...

[I]Zack leans foward feeling the...he couldn't describe it...[/I]

Zack:...what happened?

Asuka:you just fell over...

Zack:my body it feels...

Athena:hot one moment cold the next?...

Zack:yeah...but different...I just feel...I can describe it...

[I]Zack forces himself to his feet and to stand up straight, he looks very serious, because he is maintaining a lot of will to keep from just passing out again[/I]

Zack:....sorry...I shouldn't have just passed out like that...

[color=crimson][i]Asuka stands up beside Zack and puts her hands on his shoulders to help him maintain his balance. [/i]

Asuka: I don't know what's going on...but something's wrong with the elements....Zack, are you going to be okay?

Zack: I hope so...

Athena: [i]Wrapping another frozen towel around herself[/i] We're definately going to have to figure out what's going on around here. And where's all the teachers at by the way?

Asuka: I don't know...Zack said Orianna came in earlier, and she was in a hurry to get right back out...

Athena: Maybe they're all up to something...[/color]

[I]Zack stumbles foward to the fire place and sits down, forcing Asuka to do so also[/I]

Zack:they could be...but I doubt it...why would they give something to thier own pupils?...

Asuka:good point...

Atheana:....well what do you think?

Zack:war...

Asuka:what do you mean?

Zack:while I was training as a knight...I learned two things that could explain this...

Asuka:what?

Zack:first was a type of poison...I learned of because of the books I read all the time...it was similar to this...driving a mages powers out of control...

Athena:is it deadly...?

Zack:not really...although thier are a couple of recordings of it killing people...

Asuka:how do you give it to someone...?

Zack:water or food...woulda been easy in a town like this....which leads me to my other belief of war...

Asuka:what?

Zack:tensions between this kingdom and the dwarfs have been on the rise...ao if they were preparing for war...cripple this kingdoms magic and it loses one of it's most powerful assest in a war...strong magic...

[color=crimson][i]Asuka stares at him, but doesn't say anything.[/i]
Athena: Do you think that the teachers may be in trouble then? Or maybe they're preparing for this war?

Zack: Perhaps. They may be trying to get all the schools and students together to combine their forces.

Asuka: well the students aren't much help if they're all as bad off as we are. I'm afraid just to leave the room...I'm not feeling well at all...

Athena: You're not the only one...

[i]She freezes yet another towel and this time just wraps it around her head. She sighs. [/i]

Asuka: How are you feeling right now Zack?

Zack: I feel horrible...but I know we can't just sit here and do nothing...someone needs to take action...

[i]Asuka hangs her head and sighs deeply. [/i]

Asuka: I knew it would come to something like this...[/color]

Videl: *Pokes her head out from a huge pile pf papers* Sorry I've not posted in ages, I've been drowning under this huge mountain of paper work *sticks her head out further, covering everyone else in papers* Sorry all :o
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier that day......

[I]It is a stormy, overcast morning as Raith leads Altara out of the school of Faltor. They walk silentley for a while then stop at a sheer cliff face.[/I]

Raith: Ok. Now we are ready to begin your next lesson.

Altara: :confused:

Raith: *Smiles to himself* Just watch.

[I]In the blink of an eye he unleashes a bleast of telekinetic power which shatteres the cliff face, raining down chunks of rock ranging from head size to that of a small house.[/I]

Altara:wow:

Raith: Your lesson is this.......

[I]He reaches out and "lifts" the largest piece of rock into the air with his magic. It spins slowly in the air, before sinking slowly back to the ground.[/I]

Altara: But I can't do that.....

Raith: Ahhh..... but I don't expect you to........Your next lesson is to build up mental "muscles". You can start with this *he indicates the smallest rock* but I dont want to see you again until you can lift this one.*He inclines his head to the largest rock, similar in size to a small barn.*

Altara: But I can't.......

[I]She is cut short as Raith staggers forward, clutching his head as if in pain, his complexion suddenly white[/I]

Altara: Are you all right......

Raith: *Waving his hand dismissively* I'm fine. *He pulles himself upright on a rock* Carry on with your lesson, I have some.......business......... to attend to in the school, but remember your instructions...........

[I]Altara sighgs as she watches him stride towards the school and turns reluctanltly to her lesson, lifting the smallest rock shakilly off the ground.[/I]

The present........

[I]Altara concenrates hard, the rock she is focussing on, the size of a cart, judders slightly on the ground, before rising smoothly into the air, where it hangs for a while before descending lazily to the ground. She smiles to herself before retiring to perch on a grassy bank as she removes a water skin from her pack to slake her thirst and wipes the sweat from her brow.[/I]

???: Very impressive.

[I]Altara is instantly alert, her knife in her hand as she spins to face the new commer. He is dressed from head to foot to in black with a heavy cloak pulled forward over his face, hiding it in shadow.[/I]

Altara: *Brandishes her knife which now seems very feeble. The stranger has an aura of power about him, despite his hidden features.* What is it to you?:mad:

???: Just that I know a strong power when I sense one.

Altara:.....

???: I know you want power. There is a lot of anger in you. I could give that direction...........there are things I could teach you, ancient arcane arts you could only drean of.......

Altara: And what makes you think I want to learn from the likes of you?

???: *Shrugs* It's your choice of course. I'll be here......*he turns and walks off* if you change your mind........

Altara: *Watches as the stranger disappears in the distance.*
D@mn it!! *She sends out a kinetic blast which shatters the nearsest rock, and feeling no better stalks back to the school, all the time brooding about the immense power Zack has and how she would like nothing better than to best him in battle*

[color=royalblue]Athena: Yes....it seems it always ends up in war. I think it's just horrible....God, if only there was something I could do! [i]Sits on the floor hanging her head.[/i] I just feel so helpless!

Asuka: Me too, sis. At least we have each other.

[i]Athena gets up and sits next to Asuka.[/i]

Athena: You're right about that. Hey, do you feel any different? Once I sat down next to you it felt cooler...That's kinda odd, don't ya think?

Asuka: Now that you say something, yeah I do feel better. Since you're so hot, it must be warming me up and since I'm so cold, it must be cooling you off...If we jsut sit close for a while, we'll be back to normal!

Zack: Well maybe that's why each of you asked for the other right before you passed out. You each balance the other out. That has to be it.

Athena: Well, it makes sense to me.

Asuka: Yeah...that must be it. Now that Athena and I are feeling better, what are we going to do about you? You don't have a twin like we do.

Zack: I suppose I'll just have to wait until the teachers get back and tell us what's going on. [i]He notices the troubled look on Asuka's face.[/i] I'll be fine...I'm strong, I'll pull through. I won't leave you two.

[i]Athena notices the way he's looking at Asuka and knows that he's really just talking to her.[/i]

Athena ([i]Thinking to herself[/i]): Why is it that Asuka gets all the guys? We look almost the same, so why is it so much harder for me to get a date? [i]Shakes herself[/i] This is not the time to let something that stupid get in between us....we must be strong. If Zack is right, we must be strong enough to fight a war.[/color]

[I]Zack sits starting into the fire[/I]

Zack:....I am tired of sitting around....

Asuka:so are we?...but what do you suggest we do?

Zack:...I am going to the library....

Athena:what good whill that do us?

Zack:know your enemy...I am going to research the other races...

Asuka:shouldn't we stay here?

Zack:...learning about our possible enemy...is better then just sitting around...

Athena:yeah but your still sick....

Zack:I will be fine...just because my body can't decide if I am too hot or too cold...or if I am being shocked...won't stop me...

Asula:and what of the teachers?

Zack:leave em a note...

Athena:won't you get punished again?

Zack:...me and my teachers are already enemys...don't ask...so are you two comming?...

Asuka:yea...I guess...

[I]Zack shakely stands up then forces himself to keep his balance[/I]

Asuka:sure you can make it?

Zack:if I can't then I will be no use anywhere else...

[I]Zack walks toward the door, forcing himself to stand up straight[/I]

[color=crimson]Asuka: Here, Zack, let me help you....

[i]She takes him by the arm and helps him walk.[/i]

Asuka: I don't want you hurting yourself, and I want to be with you to help...

Athena: yeah, and I'm right behind you!

[i]They all head to the library together and start looking around.[/i]

Athena: So what exactly do we look up?

Zack: The races or the other schools...or something that might have to do with this...

[i]They all split up and look in various sections of the library and each of them comes back holding a book or two.[/i][/color]

[color=royalblue]Athena: Why would another school do this? That doesn't exactly make much sense. I mean, after all, your from Sentronel, and we're from Faltor, but we were all affected by whatever this is.

Zack: But what about the other schools? Like Nilholy and Linfield?

Asuka: Oh yeah, the white mages are gonna start a war...right...

Zack: Well you wouldn't expect them to, would you? They have the element of surprise on their side.

Athena: Are you sure you're feeling alright? You're acting kind of odd...

[i]Zack sits down in a chair with a book about dwarves and promptly falls on top of it.[/i]

Asuka: Zack!! I knew this was not a good idea....[/color]