OtakuBoards

Is anyone testing this week or next?

Guest bararyu

Guest bararyu
[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Arial]Hi there -
I'm new here, so if this sounds a little odd, it's because I've not quite adjusted to the way things are done here...^^'
Anyway, I've been having standardized testing this week and I'm going to have it all of next - is anyone else stressed about testing?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Well, I don't have standardized tests because I'm in University, but I do have killer exams! Yes, I'm stressed to the max. As soon as one exam season finishes, you get a few days rest and have to start preparing fot the next exam season! I have my last midterm tommorow, and my finals are spread out in april.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Tests... see, I'm hypomanic (Esentially, the exact opposite of hyperactive, and a nice way of saying 'rediculously lazy'), which means I don't have any preformance anxiety, and don't get worried before tests. I don't get stressed out by tests or anything like that, which in the long run is definatly a bad thing, and usually don't do well on them. I don't hate them, though, because I can finish quickly and get some sleep. [/COLOR][/FONT]

oh goodness, are you a university student?
I just had three midterms in three days in a row this week. How the heck do you prepare for that!?
Not to mention I have a paper due in 10 days that I haven't started.
And I'm not even taking the full course load of 5 courses, I'm only taking 4!
Although kind of like Ziggy, I don't really get super stressed about the tests themselves. I had a stats midterm that I knew I was hopeless on, and I just went to class and finished the exam and then left.
I can't wait till this semester is over, I'm not gonna lie to you.

[COLOR=#656446]^ I've about 5 major exams spread out (rather unevenly) through a period of four days. You know, we should really refrain from logging in to OB for the next three days or so. ^.^

I absolutely don't study for an exam if I wasn't able to 'til the day before. IOW, I don't cram. I need to "ferment" whatever I've picked up in books for a good two days before I get the hang of them.

So probably that's why I don't get stressed out during exams. It's either 'cause a) I'm confident that I can pass them tests with my level of knowledge or; b) the less I know, the less stuff clutter my brain. (It's b, in most cases.)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446]^ I've about 5 major exams spread out (rather unevenly) through a period of four days. You know, we should really refrain from logging in to OB for the next three days or so. ^.^

I absolutely don't study for an exam if I wasn't able to 'til the day before. IOW, I don't cram. I need to "ferment" whatever I've picked up in books for a good two days before I get the hang of them.

So probably that's why I don't get stressed out during exams. It's either 'cause a) I'm confident that I can pass them tests with my level of knowledge or; b) the less I know, the less stuff clutter my brain. (It's b, in most cases.)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Oh god, I totally agree. Haha not to mention I'm trying to do cleaning, have that term paper to do for the 27th, have another assignment for Japanese due on Tuesday.
I wanted to go out of town for easter weekend to see my family, turns out my finals are right after the weekend.

I just had a Stats exam, I wonder how I did... :animestun

[COLOR=Indigo]I only have three classes, yet no finals. I am just lucky I guess. Well, I already did a final in my health class last week. Psychology, there is no final, and in History, the teacher will be in Amsterdam when our history final is suppose to take place.

I am sure that spring quarter at my college, I won't be so fortunate.[/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I have an exam on the 27th where I have to analyse a video of a woman talking to a [b]pea [/b]in terms of performance studies.

I also have a non-academic test on the 24th - if I pass it my tech crew 'rookie period' ends and I can actually start getting [b]paid [/b]for working thirteen-hour shifts.

Then, come Summer term, I have ... wait, what's this? No exams, you say? Not even coursework? And wait, what do you mean, no lectures either? Drama & Creative Writing is the best course evaar. I have the Summer term off.
[/font]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I have 6 exams in One week, somtimes two a day, most will go for three hours, at the least 2 and a half hours, the exams are two and half weeks away and i can proudly say i know nothing,

God im sooo beyond stressed ! :animestun

The really stupid thing that my school does it not streach the exams out over a period of time, after our exam week no ones brains work because of the time period we had to get things done in. It especially doesnt help when some teaches give us projects that are due very close to exams. Our exams finish and then we get stuck with more projets to do over easter break.

Ill stop wineing now and go study...0_o [/COLOR]

Guest bararyu
Actually, I'm only in 8th grade, but I know how you guys feel about the projects and tests - a few teachers of mine are trying to cram in in-class projects during testing, and it's overwhelming...Yes, I understand the whole studying thing and not being prepared...the worst part of this is that I can't even study for these tests because I have no idea exactly what's on them...well, let's hope we can focus enough to ace these tests, hmm? ^^

I had to take the English II test last Tuesday. It was three hours long and there were about two ECRs (extended constructed response) and five BCRs (brief constructed response). The rest were multiple choice. There were also reading passages (some of them over two pages long) every few questions, which made it difficult because I don't read very quickly. Even worse, there's supposed to be another three hour test in May.

Other than that, I don't have any standardized testing that I know of. I never stress out before tests. I usually remember what I learn in class, which is strange because I zone out a lot. :animeswea I rarely ever study for tests and get a good score most of the time.

Because, they are EVIL and determine if we're ready for the 'big bad scary' outside world :D ....sigh....schools are mean that way :animeswea . I still have time! I can turn in my ACT registration packet thingy in time! yey! I missed the second to last due date *oy* but I can still turn it in for the June testing! ...why am I happy about this!? Testing is evil and scary and overrated anyway! :animecry:

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Just wanna tell you guys that two weeks ago, a week ago and next week and the next next week and the next next next week I had a damned tests for each! :animecry:

Well, it's mid-test for my semester though, I'm on college so....yeah, it's university tests, and it's sure damn hard! :animecry:

I really wanted a world without tests.....:([/FONT]