OtakuBoards

William Shakespeare - OB style

Redemption

[font=Arial][size=2]I think it depends on what sort of thing you're going for. Personally, the idea of acting out Hamlet would be cool, although I think a Midsummer Night's Dream would be the most fun of all of them, because it's a big cast, it has fairies, etc., and it's just a fun play with crude humour and sophisticated things --- [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]If you do happen to create a Shakespearean RPG, you can count me in. Sounds like a great idea.[/size][/font]

[color=#ff4403][SIZE=1]Ah, Macbeth, that would be fun. Last time we done that in school I doubled up as Lady Macbeth and the head of the Witches. XD

Twelfth Night is an awesome play, as it has been pointed out, but seeing as you haven?t studied it, it would be hard for you to do an RP based around it.

I'd say that the Taming of the Shrew would be fun, as well as A Midsummer Night's Dream. I don't really know Hamlet very well, though the storyline has always intrigued me.

I'd definitely want to take part if you started a Shakespearean RP, regardless of what play it was based on.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Reiku][color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]That's probably because I haven't read them/studied them. The ones I've actually listed are ones I've studied in highschool English, but I'm definitely open to new plays.[/b][/size'][/color][/quote]
[font=Times New Roman]Ah. Well, being the Drama nerd I am, I've had the opportunity to perform Hamlet (I was the Player Queen, AKA a nobody), A Midsummer Night's Dream (Hermia, yayz!), and Much Ado About Nothing (Margaret, alas.). I have also studied Macbeth and Twelfth Night in school and on my own time. If you want a teenybopper version of Twelfth Night, then the movie 'She's the Man' is a good way to go. I have not seen the movie myself, having a deep hatred for a certain redhead who plays the main role, but I know that it's Twelfth Night.

Ah, Shakespeare has so many good plays to choose from. I've never read 'The Taming of the Shrew', however. Was a year too late for that.

Although, I do have to say that if I had to pick a play that [b]shouldn't[/b] be picked, that is Romeo and Juilet. That has been done to death in 50 different mediums. If we want a horrible love tragedy, let's go with 'Antony and Cleopatra'.
[/font]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Have you ever seen [i]10 Things I Hate About You?[/i] THat movie was based on [i]Taming of the Shrew[/i] but modernised. Some of the main characters have the original names.

[i]Antony and Cleopatra[/i] would be interesting to do. I only thought of Baz Luhrmann's version of [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i]. I enjoyed that immensely, even though I'm not a huge fan of the play.

And remember, if this idea peaks enough interest, and I get enough help with the chosen play, we are going to stylise this specifically about the Otakuboards, like ULX's Mercy Killing.[/color][/size][/b]

I think Midsummer Night's Dream would be the most fun one to do here on OB. The hilarity of it all is..well..hilarious. My school performed it last fall, and I was Peaseblossom, a fairy (with, what, 5 lines?). It was so much fun to put on, and it'd be even more interesting to see the OB twist on it. :D

[SIZE=1]What? The Tempest isn't on here? What a travesty!

Erm...anyway, it sounds like it would be a good idea. As a Tempest fan, I'd have to say Midsummer Night's Dream because I just read it in my composition class and Puck is very reminiscent to Ariel. Of course, with my current homework status, I doubt I'd be able to participate, but here's hoping that I can![/SIZE]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Looks like everyone is interested in doing [i]A Midsummer Night's Dream[/i].

That means I'll have to go over it (with my timetable, that's going to be a feat and a half). Keep voting and making comments everyone. They've really helped me along in my thought process.

What do you guys think of twisting the play around to incorporate the actual OB forum, and its members into it (use ULX's [i]Mercy Killing[/i] in the Anthology forum as an example)? And how could me do it? Of course, it depends on who plays what role of course, and how they will play/twist the character.[/color][/b][/size]

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I would think that [I]A Midsummer Nights Dream[/I] would be a really good one, too. I didn't really like reading about Shakespeare's plays until I read that one play and also [I]Macbeth[/I]. Now [I]Macbeth[/I] was a really good play that I loved reading. All the suspense, murders and gore.. muahaha... the gore. XD Anyways, it was always so cool when the witches would only tell him so much that he thought he was okay.

Anyways, Reiku... if you do any of these or another play, expect me to join in because I love plays now thanks to Shakespeare. He kicks all other playwrites butts!! XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]