OtakuBoards

Fighting with Shadows <M-V,L>

PWNED

The pair of soldiers patrolled the walls of the fortress uneasily and kept an eye on the horizon, the stories that Lord Morcar was soon to march off to war again had unnerved the two. Five months had passed since Arnhem was forcibly conquered by their lord and a resistance group had recently begun to cause trouble to them by raiding caravans and slaughtering patrols.
"Clear" called out another soldier down the wall as they reported their findings, the senior officer was about to report in when he noted an incoming source of light. He redied his crossbow and took careful aim down the sights. At the last moment he realised what it was and start shouting to the men to move it. By then it was too late.
---------------------------------------------------------

The Resistance Fighters returned to the caverns in the Dark Spire Mountains on the outskirts of Arnhem and celebrated their success; all that is, except for Riven Sharvi who was in his usual sour mood over raids and such. Deciding to avoid those 'fighting for a greater good', he walked to his usual place to brood at and begun to contemplate things. After an hour of just silently sitting there, he pulled off his right glove, glanced at his clawed hand and whispered to himself "It's only a matter of time before I become a Dragon Knight" befoer heading back to the caverns and those he had sworn to help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's begin; Sign Ups are still open for people that want to join but you'll have to PM me to tell me if you want to join.

Del was on his way along the lonely side roads, the whispers of fallen soilders in the wind had been his only company for several days now. His sword was held fast to his belt as his long coat swayed lightly under the wind, with it's tips dragging lightly on the ground. The road was long and unkept, it was probably rarely used by any of the locals, but there didn't seem to be many locals to speak of anyway. The landscape had been ravaged by the soilders who had passed through here only a few months earlier.

Del looked up form the road and saw the black smoke bellowing up from a the horizon. Bandits were probably roaming this teritory, they seemed to favor the already devastated areas. Del didn't know if he could help anymore, but he had to go see if anything was left. Sadly, he knew the answer before he even took to his heels. The whispers and cries of the fallen in the wind were reaching his ears, they were all either dead or already dieing. Even so, he couldn't let those responsible just get off scot free, he would make them pay.

OCC: Sorry the post is short. I'm kinda suffering from writers block at the moment.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin pushed through the celebrating and drunk men, his hood and cloak wrapped around his body. His green eyes watching each person as he made his way through the crowds and tables. As he moved along he snatched up a roasted turkey from one of the tables and stashed it in his cloak.

He then made his way to one of the caverns and hid in the dark. He pulled back his hood and removed the mask that covered most of his face. Revealing a nose that was just two slits in his face, and his teeth were all sharpened fangs.He instantly ripped into the turkey, clawing chunks of meat, tendents and bone and stuffing them in his mouth.

This was his wraith side showing its anamalistic character and why he was feared by many. His body needs a constant supply of protien and carbohydrates due to the strain of keeping his powers in check. Being a spirit for about 40 years he didn't have to watch the level of his powers, but taking a human form requires a level of control and checks and balances.

So, Sin would take more food more frequently then anyone else in the camp.He continued to thrash at the turkey until there was only bare bones. He licked his fingers clean and replaced his mask on his face and drew his hood. He then walked out of the cavern and back to the party, he snatched up some bread and walked down the cavern again. This time not stopping, just munching a long the way.
[B]
"I need to rest. Human flesh is hard to digest."[/B] Sin said to himself as he finished off the bread and made his way to his quarters, bumping into Riven along the way.
[B]
"Good evening Riven. You should be in there celebrating with the others, it was a successful raid."[/B] Riven nodded and looked at Sin.
[B]
"I thought you would have been in their eating already."[/B] Sin laughed lightly.
[B]
"I've already eaten, and I am still digesting the Hu....."[/B] Sin stopped in that part of the sentence. Riven didn't appreciate it much when Sin shared what he had eaten, especially when it is humans. Their was a silence for a few more seconds, then it was broken by Sin.
[B]
"I'm still digesting. I need to rest. But you should go and enjoy yourself, your still half human."[/B] Riven nodded, Sin patted him on the shoulder.

[B]"Have fun." [/B]Sin then disappeared. Vanishing from Riven's sight.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Val had left her village because the elder had said her destiny lie elsewhere so she was given food and water and fresh clothes she set out and soon arrived at a big mountain she took out a list of landmarks
"Dark Spire mountain...hmm I wonder whats so dark about it" she said as she banged her fist into the wall of the mountain and scaled a part of it till she reached a walkable path she walked taking out a roasted boar piece and ate it to keep her strentgh up as too people ambushed her from behinde knocking her out cold when she awoke she was in a room
"what are you doing here Doomguard spy' one of them said it was a strange creature she had never seen before
"what are you" she asked

It was a dull day, the sky was gray, and looked as though it was going to rain. Kwahm was walking through a forest, and began to think of those men he had slaughtered 3 months earlier. Out of hate, he had killed fathers, sons, husbands, brothers. Visions began to swim through his mind, and they left him weary. He sat down with his back on the trunk of an enormous redwood, when he heard something rustling through the trees. He sat still as if nothing was wrong, but gripped his sword...waiting for the enemy to strike. Suddenly, a blurry figure flew out of one of the trees, and landed on the ground. Kwahm instantly used his teleportation, and ended up behind his foe.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked as the enemy stood in surprise.

"Is your name...Kwahm?" the enemy replied.

"..."

The enemy attempted to strike Kwahm in the neck with a dagger, but he easily blocked it. Kwahm jumped back, and began to rush forward. he jumped in the air, and tried to strike the foe with a vertical slash, but the enemy rolled to the side.

"It seems that you have some skill, but not enough to defeat me." Kwahm said

"Shut up murderer," the foe replied with a disgusted look.

"What did you say???"

Kwahm stared, and the assassin dropped a mask to the ground.

"You killed my father bastard!!!" She screamed.

And now Kwahm knew, 4 years ago, when Kwahm still pursued the group of bandits, he came across a town engulfed in flames. He entered and saved as many people as he could. When he believed he had saved everyone, he heard a man scream, and he rushed toward him. Part of a house had fallen on his lower body parts, and he was unable to move. He told Kwahm to save his daughter, who lay unconscious next to him. Kwahm heeded the dying man's last wish, and ran with the little girl, away from the flames. He lay her on the ground, and ran back to the burning house, but the man was already dead. The girl awoke and saw Kwahm staring at the house as it burned to the ground.

"You don't understand, I wasn't the one who killed your father, I tried to save him but the fir-..." he began to say.

"Shut up!!" she screamed interupting Kwahm, "And fight now!"

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin had his hood pulled over his head and looked over the person that now sat in their interrogation room, the women had questioned what he was. He was already in a foul mood because his stomach was irritating him and then he was told that their was someone roaming around outside who could possibly be a spy.
[B]
"The question of what and who I am is not of subject right now. The question here is who are you working for. You obviously are not on our side. Niether me or my friend here know you, so that only leaves you as part of the doomguard. And if you are Doomguard, then I have every right to devour you right now!"[/B] Sin gazed at her face to see what she was feeling, her face showed nothing but a hardened look of a warrior, but in here eyes it flickered the emotion of doubt.

She didn't know him, so she couldn't possibly know what he would do. His green eyes glew in the darkness of his hood. He reached up and pulled the mask from his face, releaving the tnesion that was building up by the mask. He took a deep breath through his slited nostrals, his sharpened teeth gleamed dully. The women sat up straight and stared at him with a cold stare.
[B]
"Well, creatuer. I have no alligence with anyone but my people and my teachings."

"And who would your people be women?"[/B] Sin hissed through his hood, his eyes still glowing faintly.
[B]
"My people are the Valkirians, and I will not be talked to in such a manner by such an obviously evil creatuer." [/B]She stood up and walked to him, standing only a few inches from the edge of his hood. Staring at him.
[B]
"Now, I have answered your question. Now answer mine, what are you creatuer?" [/B]She said aggressively. Sin looked to Riven with his eyes, making sure that revealing himself to this mortal would not be a threat. Riven nodded to him, Sin then reach up and pulled back his hood. Showing his gruesome featuers.
[B]
"I am a Wraith. My race lives in the spiritual realm, I crossed over to this world about 20 years ago. And I am not evil, it is your kind of ignorance that lead to the death of several villagers I knew."[/B] And with the comment from Sin she swung her fist at him and nailed him in the jaw. The only thing that moved from him was his head, his head turned back slowly.
[B]
"You see, that is what I am talking about!"[/B] He reach out and grabbed her throat and rammed her back against the wall and squeezed her throat. Sin felt a hand on his shoulder and turned his head to look. Riven had it firmly placed on it.
[B]
"Let her go. She doesn't seem to know what you can do, no one knows what you can do." [/B]Sin growled lightly then released, he backed away and drew his hood. He was gonna let Riven do what he did best.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

She got up brushing herself off sighing
"you didnt answer my question I know your a Wraith I could sense it the moment I saw you I ask what are you i never seen anything like you before" she said looking at the two men (OOC: she neer seen a man) she looked closely at the mystreyious creatures almost touching them she wanted to know she couldnt very well figure out her destiny if she didnt know all the creatures in the world "what [I]are[/I] you" she said

"Consider this fair warning" Riven said coldly to the woman as he moved in front of Sin "A Wraith and a Dragon Knight are two foes that you do not wish to have angered" before signalling to Sin to follow him out the door before shutting it on their captive.

"You do realize what this means?" Sin inquired as soon as the door was closed. Riven nodded and replied "We were finally able to get a grasp on an area and now we have to leave because a bloody Valkiria bitch may decide to reveal our location to the whole Bloody world"

"That mean we should kill her?" Sin asked again which earned a glare and a shake of the head from Riven who stated "We should keep her captive for a while until we can think of something to do with her" who turned away from the door leaving Sin staring at his back.

Val sat down in the tiny room
"what strange creatures" she said as she got up looking around nothing but stone walls a chain and a chair she thoght for a moment as she gave the chair a swift kick knocking it in piceses as she arranged te pieices into a form a a person and hung it from the chain she removed her armor revealing her tight red low tanktop and tight red shorts as she sighed as she started beating on the wood and straw dummy working out like she did every day until she was too exaghted she went over to the small hay bed laying on the stone floor getting comfy and slept

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Sin watched as Riven faded into the darkness of the caverns, he let out a harsh sigh and traveled down the opposite corridor. He came across his temporary living quarters and opened the cruedly made, wooden door. He walked in and closed it behind him, he reached into his cloak and pulled out some flint and steel and sparked a candle.

He placed the flint and steel back into his cloak and used the candle to light three more candles. All different colors, one was blood red, another black, the next green and the last was white. He placed them in a circle on the ground and sat down crossed legged in the middle. He took a deep breath and then let it out. He cupped one hand and placed the back of his other hand into it. He closed his eyes.
[B]
"Now it's time to see about this Valkirian."[/B] He focused his energy and thought about the place he was going. And in a flash of light in his mind he was where he needed to be, spirit alone. He was home, well, it was his wraith side's home. He only spent another few seconds taking in the view of a spirit like earth. He instantly went in search of someone he knew. He found him meditating in his candle circle.
[B]
"Azuroth, its good to see you old friend."[/B] The creatuer opened one eye and peaked over at Sin. He smiled with his sharp teeth, showing he was wraith as well. He stood up and materalized a staff into his hand. He slowly walked to Sin.
[B]
"Ah, you have returned. I bet that means you need some guidence or your future told."[/B] Sin nodded.
[B]
"I need to know why the Valkirians know nothing of men, and what kind of risk that puts us into." [/B]Azuroth chuckled to himself as he turned around and waved his hand over thin air and a bowl appeared with water in it. He looked into as if it was going to reveal all the answers. He turned back to Sin with the bowl in hand, still looking deep into it.
[B]
"You know, better then most, that I cannot help you with mortal matters. Remember, our race does not interfer with mortal business."

"I have already done so. Just by crossing over into the human realm, and I will continue in helping Riven and the Resistance."[/B] Azuroth looked up from his bowl into Sin's eyes.
[B]
"And that is why Wraith hunters have alliagned with the Doomguard. So, that means that you have more to fear then just humans killing your mortal body."[/B] Sin scoffed.
[B]
"I have nothing to fear, they won't be able to touch me. Never have, never will."[/B] Azuroth waved his hand over the bowl and it vanished like mist, his expression was harder now.
[B]
"You are a fool Sin Nato! You will parish if you keep thinking like a new born Wraith."[/B] Sin growled under his breath.
[B]
"They'll never touch me. Just watch, your magic can't predict my death. I want to know about the Valkirian before I must leave. Is she a risk or not?"[/B] Azuroth sighed.
[B]
"Yes and no. She can be a risk to you if she feels you are the enemy and finds the Doomguard. And no because she could be a useful ally to you and the Dragon Knight, but chances are better she will think you the evil creatuer and tell them where she thinks you are based." [/B]Sin bowed his head.
[B]
"Thats all I wanted to know. Good-bye Azuroth, May the hunters not find out about our meeting."[/B] Azuroth bowed his head back, with that done Sin simply vanished and awoke in his body. He shook himself and swipped his hand over the candles, blowing them all out. He stood up and stretched. He then walked over to his make-shit cot and laided down. He needed to rest. He would tell Riven in the morning of their chances with the girl.[/SIZE][/COLOR]