OtakuBoards

Cheaters

Maneki Neko

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid] I was wondering what everyone's views of cheaters are. Do you cheat? Have you ever? Have you been cheated on? Etc., etc. Tell me your thoughts and opinions, and I'll tell you mine...
No really, I want to see if I suck... or if I'm just a normal 18 year old girl...
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You mean like cheating on a test? Or cheating on your lover?I think you mean the latter. No I havent ever cheated on someone being disloyal IMO is disgusting. You destroy the persons , love,faith and trust in you and themselves. It reallyhurts the other person deeply. Its a very .selfish thing you can do.

I'm with Samurai on this one, if you mean cheating on your lover, then that really is pretty low. There's no excuse for it and its' not soemthing that should be or is easily forgiven. Even if youd didn't mean it to be, it's very damaging and is a complete betrayal of trust and love to do something like that.

If you mean cheating on someone (in a relationship) I personally find it disgusting. After all, if you're in a relationship, there is a bond of trust witch should NOT BE BROKEN! Cheating causes all sorts of problems (too many to list).I personally view cheaters/love rats (or whatever you want to call them) as cowards when it comes to love.

Now when it comes to other cheaters (be it in tests or games) im preaty harsh against them too. They are just proving that they are unable to follow the simplest rules in life. However, thats not to say i dont have sympathy for some cheaters (e.g. scared kid).

[COLOR=DarkRed]LOL I cheat like, all the time! Like this one time, I was playing Starcraft, and I hate like 5 zerglings and a few hydralisks, and they had like 10 seige tanks and marines and fire bats and ****, and I was like 'lol n00bs' and like, pressed enter and typed 'poweroverwhelming' and I like totally owned them without even losing a unit LOL!

Or this one time, I was like playing DiabloII and I like used my totally 1337 downloading skills and I downloaded a hack lol, and I made my barbarian like lvl99 and I was like 'Diablo lol' and Diablo was like '*** lol' and I go 'No you're a ***!' and he's like 'No YOU'RE a ***' and I'm like 'lvl99 whirlwind lol' and I killed him in like 5 seconds LOL!

Wait... that's what you meant, wasn't it? [/COLOR]

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Of course i don't think cheating is a good thing, and i would never want to be cheated on. I've never had a gf, for religious reasons so far. So i've never cheated, but only because i never could have. But now that i look at myself and my personality...i can see how it would be easy for me to cheat on someone. Also i think with my rational i'd be able to justify it. It'd go like this: Love is blind and i cannot help but to flirt. After all, you'll never meet the love of your life if you're not willing to look. Also, what if you did pass up the love of your life simply because you were in another relationship with someone else? And what if that person you were with ended up being a total b****/a**? Then that'd be a major bummer.

Well, that's how i'd be, i think. Maybe not though, who knows? Not I.

And as for cheating on tests or whatever, i don't see the big deal. It's my choice not to learn the material and i only hurt myself by not learning the material. I think the fact that i haven't acquired the new knowledge is enough of a punishment and i shouldn't be punished further by getting a low grade. Of course, don't get the wrong idea, i rarely cheat. I'm one of those smart kids and i never have the need to cheat. Nor am i saying i've never cheated before. ^L^

Just being real.

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

Guest Gun Preacher
Those who cheat on lovers are the worst i've seen what it can do to a person and its happened to me before it feels as though you lose apart of yourself.

I don't approve of any type of cheating. Be it on tests, games, or competitions. When you cheat, what does that say about your character?

[quote name='Gun Preacher']Those who cheat on lovers are the worst i've seen what it can do to a person and its happened to me before it feels as though you lose apart of yourself.[/quote]

I despise people who cheat on their loved ones. This has been a horrendous issue in my family. Like Gun Preacher said, it's really made me lose a part of myself. After going through something like that, or seeing someone you love suffer so much, I don't know if I'll ever feel secure with another person.

Cheaters are selfish ********.

[color=dimgray] I totally cheat at card games. >:]

On the lover issue... I would guess cheating on someone would not be the greatest thing. It destroys a person's faith and trust in you, which is a horrible thing to lose in a person close to you. Personally, I think cheaters are people who are simply unfaithful to their partner, or they're having a hard time with their parner and they're too cowardly/angry to openly talk about it.

As for academic cheating, it's pretty commonplace. But obviously, cheating on tests/projects/quizzes/homework/etc. just shows that you're too lazy and dumb to do the work yourself. I know a guy who I've never seen or heard about him cheating, and he's just incredibly smart and ambitious enough to do all of his work and not let anyone cheat off of him. People arrogant enough to think it's ok for them to cheat because they think they'd understand the material down pat if they'd studied just piss me off. [/color]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I am very much against cheating in relationships. There is no exuse what so ever for doing that to the other person and you have to be quite low to both do it and then try to legitamize your cheating.

I have reasons for feeling this way. My marriage ended because my ex husband decided to mess around on me then say that it was my fault. He has no remorse for what he did and now our daughter is caught in the middle of it.

Being cheated on makes it nearly impossible to trust new people and some of the ones that you've known for most of your life as well because you're always wondering if this person you're with now is going to turn on you. It really messes with your head.

As for academic cheating. I'm quite sure that almost everyone does it once in a while.

[/color][/font]

[color=dodgerblue]hmm... lol, at first I thought you meant cheaters like card games, board games, etc. But the dating game? Indeed, I've been cheated on, and my ex has regretted it ever since. Cheating basically confirms someone's cowardice to break it off, and also shows that person isn't so much into commitment. What I'd like to know is why someone would go out with a person that's cheating on their gf/bf? Do people really think that person is trustworthy enough and won't cheat on them? Just a general question. I guess if the cheater is sincerely sorry, well there's such a thing as a second chance, but it's usually not a good idea. As I always say: 'cheat twice and pay the price', lol.[/color]

[size=1]Why is everyone excusing academic cheating as if it's not a big deal? By cheating, you're not being fair to yourself or others -- if you get into a good college because you cheated your way through highschool, you A) probably took some other hard-working kid's spot, and B) you don't have the information.

When people say "crime doesn't pay!" well, they're lying. While cheating might not be a [i]crime[/i], it still pays pretty well.

I might even venture to say that it's worse than cheating in a relationship, especially in a teenage one. Most teenage relationships are just bouts of infatuation and lust, probably lasting for a good two months before things die down. Cheating in such a relationship isn't the end of the world, as it would be for like a marriage, if you get my point. In contrast, cheating on a test while you're a teenager heavily affects the rest of your life -- not only do you not aquire vital information, you're essentially taking something that doesn't belong to you, your grade.[/size]

My brother always said, "You never cheat... unless you get caught.".

I have never cheated too bad. I mean, what is cheating? Is cheating your friend trying to help you then you both get in trouble? I don't think so. Cheating to me is being effective. So I have cheated many times, no questions about it ;)

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The only type of cheating I agree with is using cheat codes on games. Without cheat codes I don?t think I would have been able to beat games like Quake, Unreal Tournament or Doom. I just don?t have the patience to beat games like that without cheating. ^_~

I don?t agree with cheating on your partner whether you are married or not, it?s just wrong to deceive someone like that. I?ve never had someone cheat on me in a relationship, but I?ve had guys and girls who have wanted to date me in spite of the fact that they were already in a serious relationship. For me that?s the quickest way to make sure I never want anything to do with you. After all if they are willing to cheat on their current partner, what?s to stop them from then cheating on me?

I think cheating on tests is wrong too. Sure it may get you the grade, but the reality is you still don?t know the information you were tested on. It may seem like a good idea but later when you need to know what you were tested on it?s going to come back and bite you so to speak. So in reality the one you hurt the most is yourself.[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]recca hanabishi - Why is cheating bad? Cheating is effective, not bad.

The only reason people say cheating is bad is because they can't keep up with the people that are cheating, yes?[/QUOTE]Considering what you have in your signature, isn?t your stance a contradiction? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]SunFallE -

No.

How is cheating not Biblical? Is it just the way you were raised up that cheating is wrong?[/QUOTE]You?re going to have to provide actual scripture that says cheating is okay to claim it?s Biblical. Just saying it is doesn?t cut it. Besides doesn?t the Bible tell you to not steal, commit adultery or to covet your neighbor?s possessions? It may be worded differently, but the very essence of cheating is wanting something that you couldn?t get otherwise. And that usually means you end up cheating to get it.

Think about it, the real issue is are you okay with someone cheating on you? Sure you may think it?s okay so long as you don?t get caught, but how would you feel if you found out that your boyfriend was sleeping around? What if you were in a competition to win a scholarship and your friend got it instead of you because they cheated?

It just seems to me that if Jesus really is everything people say he is then I find it hard to believe someone like that would tell you that cheating is okay.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]You?re going to have to provide actual scripture that says cheating is okay to claim it?s Biblical. Just saying it is doesn?t cut it. Besides doesn?t the Bible tell you to not steal, commit adultery or to covet your neighbor?s possessions? It may be worded differently, but the very essence of cheating is wanting something that you couldn?t get otherwise. And that usually means you end up cheating to get it.

Think about it, the real issue is are you okay with someone cheating on you? Sure you may think it?s okay so long as you don?t get caught, but how would you feel if you found out that your boyfriend was sleeping around? What if you were in a competition to win a scholarship and your friend got it instead of you because they cheated?

It just seems to me that if Jesus really is everything people say he is then I find it hard to believe someone like that would tell you that cheating is okay.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Tell me a scripture that says cheating is bad.

I am not talking about cheating like stealing or anything like that. I am talking like in video games and such things. Everybody says "Oh, thats cheap! You can't use that!" Sorry, I forgot the real meaning of cheating.

But cheating in a video game way isn't bad to me, it is being effective.

Sorry about my mistake.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Tell me a scripture that says cheating is bad.

I am not talking about cheating like stealing or anything like that. I am talking like in video games and such things. Everybody says "Oh, thats cheap! You can't use that!" Sorry, I forgot the real meaning of cheating.

But cheating in a video game way isn't bad to me, it is being effective.

Sorry about my mistake.[/QUOTE] [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Then I misunderstood you as I thought you meant any cheating was okay. I certainly don't consider using cheat codes in a video game a problem. After all it's just a game. ^_~ For the most part I don't use cheat codes since I like to beat it myself, but some games are really difficult to near impossible to beat without them. If people think cheating in games is wrong, well all I can say is they are forgetting that it's just a game.[/COLOR]

Guest KAZUTA
[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen']Then I misunderstood you as I thought you meant any cheating was okay. I certainly don't consider using cheat codes in a video game a problem. After all it's just a game. ^_~ For the most part I don't use cheat codes since I like to beat it myself, but some games are really difficult to near impossible to beat without them. If people think cheating in games is wrong, well all I can say is they are forgetting that it's just a game.[/COLOR][/quote]

Got to agree with the sunfall guy! As much as I despise cheating as in cheating. But cheating in a game is not a sin. cheat codes are a blessing! For some of us. Don't get me wrong, it not like i use cheat codes all the time gust for that hart to get stuff! :animesmil

I think my little story tidbit is open to interpretation, my boyfriend and i broke up then he and i slept together a few more times after that. I asked him if there was any reason we shouldn't do that and he said no.

Turns out he was working another girl while sleeping with me. He wasn't my boyfriend but he should have told me. She was also my friend, he was a good friend and he betrayed my trust.

Another instance involving the same people is him hitting on me while with her. I think that is definite cheating, even if nothing happened.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid]My definition of cheating is: If you wouldn't do it in front of your boyfriend or girlfriend, it's cheating, because it's something you know would hurt them.

My ex-bestfriend tried to say once that kissing wasn't cheating, she used to hook-up (only kiss and cuddle) with this guy all the time, even though she was in a serious relationship. That just seems wrong to me.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest KAZUTA
[QUOTE=Samurai Mix]Well cheating on a test would fall under

"Thou shall not steal"

Assuming you follow the 10 commandments.[/QUOTE]
Cheating on a test is bad. But what if you did not study? Would you still not cheat?