Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Hey all! I'm saving up some money so that I can start getting into another anime series. But I'm having a hard time on deciding between [I]Witch Hunter Robin, Mad Lax, Please Twins,[/I] or [I]Get Backers[/I] I've heard good things about the first three and I've read the Get Backers Manga and I'm really itching on getting the anime. However I'm confused on which one I should get. Thanks for your suggestions etc.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

PS
-Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum.
Posted
If you're interested in Get Backers, [i]don't buy anything past the fifth disc[/i]. The first half of the show has some amusing stand-alone episodes along with a fantastic longer arc (the Limitless Fortress saga). The second half has promising moments, but on the whole, it just kind of dies. Plus, if you leave off after volume 5, you'll save money and you'll stop at what's really a more satisfying point than Get Backers' actual ending.

Witch Hunter Robin and Madlax are both solid series. I would recommend Madlax if you tend to like Bee Train anime (.hack, Noir, etc.)--not just the stories, I mean, but also the character designs and the style of animation. Both WHR and Madlax are moody and slow to develop, so I'd just flip a coin if you want to choose between them. It's worth noting, though, that Madlax's ending is a lot better than WHR's. In fact, I found WHR's to be a pretty big letdown.

~Dagger~
Posted
Buy please twins. If you don't mind a little theoretical japanese insex. I loved this one good music, good characters(duh), GREAT animation, pretty good story(teacher was better). The only flaw it has is that all the past characters are basically killed off. They are not important at all in the story. Oh and there is alien nine level child porn.
Posted
[quote name='Dagger]If you're interested in Get Backers, [i]don't buy anything past the fifth disc[/i']. The first half of the show has some amusing stand-alone episodes along with a fantastic longer arc (the Limitless Fortress saga). The second half has promising moments, but on the whole, it just kind of dies. Plus, if you leave off after volume 5, you'll save money and you'll stop at what's really a more satisfying point than Get Backers' actual ending. ~Dagger~[/quote]

LolI was just about to say that Dagger. Episodes 15-25 great. Then the series hits rock bottom. It is like the manga except so watered down it can make you sick. If you are expecitng the manga quality in the anime. You will be dissapointed.God DVDs 6-10 were such a waste of cah :animecry: .

Witch hunter Robin is suppose to be great and I enjoyed Madlax so I dont think you can go wrong with either serieis.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, I was talking with one of my friends and he said [I]Last Exile[/I] was a pretty amazing series. I was just wondering though are all the DVDs out for that yet or not?

Gah! So many series to choose I'm having a hard time deciding! :animecry: [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Witch hunter robin wasen't too bad, it isn't something i'd spend money on though i'd gladly watch it if they put it back on the air.I haven't seen Mad Lax or Please Twins so deciding between the two i have seen, i enjoy Get Backers a lot but in the end it comes down to which story/style appeals to your interest most.
Posted
[QUOTE=Domon][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, I was talking with one of my friends and he said [I]Last Exile[/I] was a pretty amazing series. I was just wondering though are all the DVDs out for that yet or not?

Gah! So many series to choose I'm having a hard time deciding! :animecry: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Out of the shows that you've mentioned so far, I think Last Exile is definitely the best. It's an epic story with engaging characters, great visuals and some good twists. All of the DVDs are out in America (and a box set has also been released), but I don't know about elsewhere. You can read some reviews for the series [url=http://www.animecritic.com/_metareview/viewtitle.php?aid=1025][u]here[/u][/url].

Last Exile's CG is incorporated well (almost as nicely as that of GitS: SAC), but you may not like it if you have problems with the use of CG effects in anime.

~Dagger~
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Nah Dagger, I really don't have a problem with CG effects in an anime. Heck Gundam SEED did it, it was noticable but they did it, and it wasn't that bad. So I might end up giving Last Exile a chance.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Avenged666fold']Last Exile is free. dont buy the Dvd's . Every once in a while it comes up on anime unleashed. So just watch/record that.[/quote]
Whose to say it will be back on? Anime Unleashed is not on-air for the time being, and if it were, they (G4) said that they're going to run new animes. (or atleast hoping to) And like you said, it was every once in a while.... Some people are not that patient.

I haven't seen any of the shows except the 1st little 15 minutes of WHR. But I assume with the comparison Dagger used, I'd go for Last Exile as well.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Ummm.... I don't have cable. However I think I can buy Last Exile at a nearby store that's owned by the branch of Sam Goody/Suncoast. The DVDs will probably be thirty or so, I don't know but I know that Best Buy and Hastings don't have the series.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]I heard about Madlax and i thought it was going to be sooo good.But when i watched it it was pretty boring.I dont about please twins but i would go with Getbackers.[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]No Sam Goody is still around in some malls as is Suncoast. Anywho, one of my friends is letting me borrow Last Exile. Its pretty interesting so far though I'm only on Disc 2 and like the second episode I think... Maybe the third... I can't remember.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Please! help me! im bored to death!
what kind of anime that full of drama and comedy and romance?

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][INDENT]Welcome to OtakuBoards[B] Hisao[/B]

Since there is already a thread about anime suggestions I have merged them together. If there is already a thread on the subject that is recent we ask that you post in that thread instead of creating a new one. It?s much simpler to follow one thread about suggestions instead of having dozens of threads asking the exact same question.

I suggest that you check out [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269][b][COLOR=Indigo]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/COLOR][/b][/url] and the site [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][COLOR=Indigo]Rules[/COLOR][/url][/b] before continuing to post. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I suggest Full Metal Panic! It's not exactly a romance series but it does have some in it. It's full of laughs, action, drama. I really enjoyed it. I've included the link to ADV here so you can read more about it. If it sounds like something you are into awesome.And if not I hope someone else finds the right one for you. You might want to try being more specific about what you are looking for. It would be helpful if you listed what animes you have previously viewed and like so one gets a sense of what they ought to suggest.

[URL=http://]www.full-metal-panic.com/intelligence/intelligence.php[/URL]
Posted
I have a few good ones you might want to check out. Bleach is super good. Full of action, with a bit of drama. Fullmetal alchemist, even better to Bleach, in my eyes. Chorno Crusade (hope that's how you spell it.) is another good one. If you want to see what their like before buying, or whatever. Just go to [url]www.youtube.com[/url] I'm sure they'll have them there. And no downloading :D .
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
You should definetly read Excel Saga. Even though you might not understand what it's about (I don't), it's very funny and full of humor. You should also read Chobits, the situations that the main character geys himself into are pretty funny.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...