OtakuBoards

Stranded [M-VLS]

Blayze

She smiled, she was almost always quick to forgive,[b] "Well just one of those negative men from yesterday,"[/b]

[b]"He had short brown hair and hazel eyes. I didnt really pay all that much attention to him though. Some of these people seem the same to me. I guess It is jsut me though. I mean I almost didnt recognise the dead guy unde-"[/b] She stopped herself. It was apparent in the look he had givin her that... He didnt know about the body. Matter of fact it looked like he had just woken up. [i]"Good going stupid"[/i] she thought to herself.

--
ooc: Short...sorry

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Why is it so hot....? Jane thought out loud and shook her head a little. ?Every thing smells like smoke . . . ? She muttered in her sleep and curled up on the gritty sand. Her dreams filled with the dancing flames of the fire, only they expanded past the piles of wood they had created the whole island was on fire.

The color a beautiful flaming red that she could only create in her dreams. It turned darker and darker until it because a dark cloud of smoke and she woke up covered with sand, she sat up and dusted off her legs half dazed by sleep Just when one of the girls was passing out water, at least there were a few females, even if they were young.It made her feel a little better about being stuck, not as sore about it. She tilted her neck, cracking it before sitting up and walking over to where they were handing out water. She decided maybe she would be quiet today, not that she talked to people anyway.

This would be the Perfect time to explore the island though wouldn?t it? She assumed few were already doing that since a couple of people weren?t with the rest of the group., She reached out just as they were passing out the last few drinks, grabbing a bottle of water. Before eyeing the man that got the last beer. He grinned and disappeared into the group. Great just what they needed a couple of drunks. She sucked her teeth a little and walked over to the water away from the others but still in seeing range walking along the shore and staring out at the water. She walked down the beach, this was indeed strange.

"She paused and snapped her fingers for a second. A spark of intelligence going off in her head as she looked up. ?The plane!? There had to be some thing helpful in the plane, the drinks. They had to get them from the plane. She wanted to see it, then again if it was to badly damaged, she wouldn?t even bother, She did consider the fact that most of the machinery in the thing was damaged but, she decided to be optimistic. That didn?t last long. ?Hey you!? Jane called out to the guy that grinned ear to ear when he got the last beer.

She hurried over limping a little, she didn?t know why but assumed it had to do with her knee. ?Who brought the drinks?? He looked at her and blinked a few times. ?Well good morning to you too,..Her?He pointed to the girl, at the moment, she didn?t know her name, She hadn?t gotten everyone?s name yet and frankly didn?t plan on being there long enough to know many of the people here names. She walked over quickly at the same time opening the bottle of water and taking a sip, bleach. It tasted like bleach but she wasn?t complaining

? did you find that near the plane?..The drinks I mean.? she said getting strait to her question, It was to early for her to notice she was interrupting a conversation, well at least to early for her. They didn?t know what time it was suppose to be anyway.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Avian was almost thankful that her conversation was interrupted. That ment clark couldnt question her on what she just let slip.

[b]"Oh... Yeah just a part of the plane thought. Perhaps that compartment where they made the special drinks and the first few seats behind that." [/b]The answered, [b]"Though... If there is one chunk of the plane there should be others near it. I guess we should search for other supplies... I found the water and stopped looking. I mean I figured people would want something to drink. Though most of the drinks either make you thirstyer or taste a little old."[/b]

The person who had approched and asked nodded her head,[b] "Right. Good Idea. Can you lead me to where you found the drink cart? I want to investigate. Perhaps we can find some more useful things such as blankets, pillows, other clothes...."[/b] She said suddenly noticing the fact that Avian's shirt was badly ripped in one spot.

Avian looked at herself, [b]"Yeah I suppose so. Maybe we can actually find our bags. Maybe..."[/b] Avians hopeful thought trailed off.

Clark finished it for her. He could sense what she was going to say, [b]"Perhaps if we found our bags we could remember a bit more about ourselves. Like why were were on the plane. Or something."[/b]

Avian smiled, [b]"My name is Avian"[/b] She introduced herself.

[b]"And mine is Clark."[/b] He introduced.

[b]"Jane... So uh... Avian. Lead the way!"[/b]

A little bit later she had brought both of them back into the area where the burnt and wrecked plane chunk was. Bodies and all. Avian sighed, [b]"Yeah I suppose i should have explored a little more. I mean... I just got excited about the water. Anyways I guess we could take a bit more focused look around."[/b] Now that she was with others she didnt feel so uneasy about...what she had seen earlier.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Dash wasn't eager to leave the waterfall. He found the sweet, fresh water comforting and relaxing after the shock of seeing the butchered man. He had never seen a dead person before... or at least he didn't remember seeing one.

The pond had led his thoughts into another things. Someone had said to him that he "cried like a waterfall". He didn't remember who, but he remembered the mocking voice. Maybe it was his big brother or sister - if he had one.

As he was running through the long hay with Kat and Michael, he tried to remember where he was from. America, of course, [I]that[/I] he remembered. Several states came to his mind, so he figured that his family had been moving a lot.

No... A trailer van! He had lived in a trailer van!

"Watch out!" Mike shouted, but too late. Dash stumbled into an airplane seat - with somebody still tied in it.

Dash screamed, and tears gushed from his eyes. He laid on the ground next to the seat, with his eyes closed. All he had see when he fell was that the body belonged to an elderly woman.

"Come on, you don't need to see that", Mike said and lifted him up with one seemingly effortless heave.

"Are you alright? Nothing strained or broken?" Kat asked.

"Uh, don't think so..." Dash answered, wiping away his tears.[I] Like a waterfall...[/I]

"Good", Mike said gently and patted his shoulder. "There's Alex. Wonder what he's found?"[/COLOR]

[size=1]Alex stood there, goggle-eyed at what he had just found. He realised that his shout may have attracted some attention, but he wasn't concentrating on that right now.

[b]"What's happening? Why are you...oh..." [/b]said Mike, dashing into the clearing. He stopped as he saw the fantastic sight in front of them.

Dash and Kat appeared behind Mike, both stopping to stare at this strange thing.

In the clearing there was a group of buildings, not simple wooden huts or strange tent-like things you might expect to find on a desert island, but proper, sturdy, stone buildings. But, from the amount of debris there was, combined with the amount of vines and creepers that had lashed themselves around the buildings, it looked as though no-one had been here for a very long time.

But, strangest of all, right in the centre of the clearing was a temple. It was huge, definitely over 600 feet high, with steps leading up the sides, right to the top, in a similar style to ancient Aztec temples. How could this have been here without them seeing it from the beach?

However, in the middle of this Utopia, this hidden, forgotten city, was their plane, crashed, the burnt-out wreckage cleaved in two from the plummet. How they had managed to survive escaped them. The whole thing had crashed down, destroying two or three of the smaller buildings, as well as smashing into the side of the temple, ripping a gash open in the wall.

[b]"What the hell is going on here?" [/b]asked Dash, apparently getting more and more freaked out by the whole thing, [b]"How can this have been here and we didn't notice it?"

"We didn't exactly look hard enough, did we?" [/b]asked Kat rhetorically, [b]"It makes sense that there would be some surprises here."

"Alex, we came to tell you that we've found the cave, and the waterfall. It looks good. I think we can use it," [/b]said Mike, snapping back to reality.

[b]"Good find," [/b]said Alex, [b]"We can stay there tonight, and then first thing in the morning we're going down into the city. There may be some supplies left on the plane, food and stuff we can use."

"Oh great," [/b]said Kat, somewhat sarcastically, [b]"Aeroplane food."

[/b]They all shared a laugh for a moment, and then turned away from the clearing to head back to the beach to collect everyone.

Dash stood for a moment longer, apparently entranced by this strange and wonderful sight. Then, he turned away and joined the rest of them...

[b]OOC: [/b]Sandy, I'm leaving this open for you to have a play around with. You feel a strange attraction to this city, but you can't really explain it. The rest of us are heading to collect everyone, then head to the cave underneath the waterfall.
[/size]

[color=seagreen]Dash walked behind the others, but couldn't help looking constantly back to the city, which was out of sight already. Alex, Mike and Kat chatted cheerily on how they'd spend the days in this paradise before they were rescued. [I]Had they already forgotten all about the slain man?![/I]

He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but something in the ruined city drew Dash towards it. Suddenly he stopped, and the others walked on and soon disappeared amidst the trees. Dash turned on his heels and ran back to the city.

Soon he was on the edge of the clearing, staring down to the houses just like Alex had did only moments ago. Alex... He and the others didn't want him bothering them, Dash felt it. He was better off alone. Alone in the city...

Rapidly he began to descend the hill towards the valley where the city was located. His anger grew with every step he advanced. He didn't need anyone breathing in his neck, always checking on him. He was finally free!
[/color]

[size=1][B]OOC:[/B] Sorry if I wrote in a confusing way, the main point is that Dash is now in the city. I just wanted to show off Dash's irrational mood swings.[/size]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]The four survivors were roaming through the jungle with a lighter mind set. The three conversated about life on the island until their discovery. [B] ?Man, good thing we landed on a place like this. Food, water, shelter... paradise.?[/B] Mike to said to the other three with a sigh of relief.

[B] ?You got that right. I?m eager to look around in those ruins to.?[/B] Alex said inquisitively, Kat nodded with a trademark smile.[B] ?Dash, you seemed pretty impressed yourself, eh??[/B] Alex trailed off for an answer.[B] ?Dash??[/B] he said again, turning his head.[B] ?Dammit! You guy?s, Dash is gone!?[/B] he called out worried.

[B] ?What!? Why wasn?t he following us?? [/B] Kat growled in frustration. She began looking back into the woodlands, but she could see nothing.

[B] ?Who cares... the guy?s a grown man, he can handle himself. He knows how to get here, anyways.?[/B] Mike said with anger. He was slowly growing tired of Dash?s child-like behavior, and it wasn?t going to get in his way of survival.

[B] ?That may be true, but did you forget that body!? That was a grown man to!?[/B] Alex yelled at Mike in argument.

[B] ?Listen, we basically cleared a path to the waterfall while we were barreling through the woods, he?ll find his way.?[/B] Mike replied.

Kat nodded in agreement to Alex. He sighed, [B] ?Alright then... lets go.?[/B] he said uneasily.

The three continued through the jungle and finally came to the large waterfall clearing. Alex?s mind was eased by the benevolent site. His eyes spoke for him:[I][B] Amazing...[/I][/B]. Mike and Kat lead Alex into the cave behind the water fall, and peered into the darkness.

Kat began speaking,[B] ?We really need to get some light in here before we-?[/B] suddenly a loud screeching was heard, unhuman cackling followed by a dark figure running at impossible speeds towards the three. They were silent with fear and jumped out of the way as the creature came screaming through the waterfall and out into the jungles. They couldn?t see it if they wanted to, all they could tell was than it was running on all fours, and it was about the size of a small man.

[B] ?WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT!??[/B] Mike yelled in panic, his eyes open with shock.

[B] ?Probably just a jungle animal. Could?ve been a jaguar or something... lets calm down...?[/B] Alex breathed heavily as he tried to speak calmly. He looked to check Kat, she was alright, but shocked. She had gashed her elbow on the cave walls in their dive to dodge the animal. [B] ?We need to clean that up...?[/B] he said to her. She nodded, still frightened.

The three made their way out of the darkness of the cave and back into the open around the water. They laid out around the water for a moment as Kat washed out her wound with the water, careful not to spill her blood into the spring. Mike splashed his face with the water and rose up. He looked down to Kat and Alex. [B] ?You two stay hear. Wait for Dash, get you situated,?[/B] he motioned to Kat,[B] ?and I?ll go and get the others. I know the way back, so I?ll go alone.?[/B] he said with a strong voice.

[B] ?Are you sure you?ll be okay??[/B] Alex asked concerned.

[B] ?I?ll be fine. Just wait for me and the others. Dash needs somebody to be here when he comes back, Kat is injured, and somebody needs to stay with her.?[/B] his voice was one of rationality.

[B] ?Alright, be careful... I?ll build a fire, you guys can follow the smoke back.?[/B] Alex replied, withdrawing the Zippo lighter from his pocket.

[B] ?Try to hurry, we don?t want you guy?s out there at night.?[/B] Kat added. Mike nodded back and made his way into the jungle, refreshed from the waters....
[/color]

[color=black]
[B]OOC:[/B] Alright. So, I left his open for Kat and Alex to look into the caves. Blayze and I already have something that will be found in there. The survivors on the beach can meet me, but let me take us back. I have an idea.[/size][/color]

[size=2]OOC: Just dont forget that avian jane and clark arent at the beach. They are examining a chunk of the plane in the jungle.[/size]
[size=2]---------[/size]
[size=2]Avian was shuffleing through a few bags she had gathered together. She found a few wallets with identification. Some matched the unfortunate people among the wreckage. She tossed them aside. For money was of no use to them here and she couldnt think of a reason to keep the peoples ID other than to mark where they were buried, that is... If anyone decided to bury them that is.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]After a bit she realized something, [b]"Isnt it wrong to like... Go through other peoples things?"[/b][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Jane frownedat her, [b]"Its not like they are going to use thier stuff now... Dont worry about it. Look for what us living folks can actually use."[/b][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Avian figured shewas right and kept on searching. Through her search she found a sewing kit, you know one of those small travel sized ones, and a few small boxes of cookies. She had gone though a couple bags with nothing but clothes. She did find something interesting thought.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]She sat upright and opened it. She frowned. It was from another country, she could tell by the writing on the inside screen, but it should still work right if you put the right numbers in, she thought.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][b]"A cell phone!"[/b] She heard Jane say. [b]"Does it have connection?"[/b][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][b]"I... Well Uh... I cant read the screen. Chinese or something."[/b][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][b]"Did you try any numbers?"[/b] She asked.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Avian looked up at her with a frown,[b] "I would If I could REMEMBER any."[/b][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][b]"Here let me try."[/b] With that she took the phone but soon realized she couldnt remember any numbers either. Avian took the phone back and put it in a small bag she was using for all the useful stuff.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][b]"Perhaps we will figure out something to do with it later. I turned it off so its battery will work for a while at least."[/b][/size]

[color=seagreen]The silent, dim streets of the ruined city creeped Dash out. He began to have serious doubts if it had been wise to come here in the first place. He just aimed for the plane, looming in front of him. He had a tingling feeling that he needed to go there. It was almost like the wreck was summoning him. Only a block to go.

Suddenly a dark figure emerged from one of the stone houses, holding a spear. Dash halted. He couldn't make out the details because sun was shining straight into his eyes.

"Hello? Who are you?"

In a split moment the figure had hurled the spear at him. In that same split moment Dash thought that it was over now - he was dead. But the spear had landed between his feet, only inches away from his crotch.

"Eaawh!!" Dash shouted once he realized that he had almost died. Quickly he turned away and ran.

He ran like he had never ran before, with adrenaline gushing into his blood, all the way up the street and up the hill and into the forest and into the thick long grass, past the dead old woman still tied into her plane seat, until he came to the waterfall.

He dived into the pond, and counted to ten. Then he swam to the surface, gasping for breath.

"Dash?" someone shouted from the rocks. It was Alex.[/color]

[B]?Great, two slices on one arm. Thank god it didn?t reach muscle.? [/B] She ripped another strip from her over shirt and wrapping the lower part of her left arm.

Alex came and sat next to her [B]?Are you ok??[/B]

[B]?Yes, I?m fine.? [/B] She looked at him and shook her head [B]?You boys do realize I?m not a damsel in distress right??

?Well yeah, I mean why do you??

?I can tell. Mike wanted you to stay behind and protect me because of a little cut. White knight syndrome, I see it a lot.?[/B]

Alex gave a slight smile [B]?Oh come on, you gotta admit it?s better than some ass trying to take advantage of you.?[/B]

[B]?Would be, cept I don know ya well enough ta know you?re not asses now do I?? [/B] Kat smiled and reached for Alex?s arm. [B]?Let?s get you cleaned up too.? [/B] She took the bandage off and saw that it had started to heal raggedly with puss and dirt all in it. She guided his arm into the water and started to clean it out. He winced but sucked it up. She was impressed; [I]it had to hurt like hell[/I].

Kat had just finished wrapping his arm when they heard it, a frantic sounding splash.[B] ?Wait here.?[/B] Alex got up and disappeared over some of the rocks.Kat picked herself up off the ground and looked around. Beautiful, she was shocked no one had found it and set up a range of hotels and resorts. [I]Weird?[/I]

She turned and looked over at the cave. Someone [I]should scope it out before night fall and everyone moved in[/I]. Kat walked over and started to go into the cave.

[b][size=1]"Dash?" [/size][/b][size=1]Alex said as he vaulted over a small group of rocks, seeing the young man semi-submerged in a small pool, completely soaked, and, by the looks of things, scared out of his wits.

[b]"Alex...a guy...threw a spear..." [/b]gasped Dash, desperately trying to suck in air, [b]"Missed...but could have killed me..."

"Wait...are you saying that someone else is on the island? Someone who wasn't in the crash? A...native?" [/b]asked Alex, a little confused.

[b]"I don't know...could have been a survivor...too dark to tell," [/b]said Dash, gulping down massive mouthfuls of air, [b]"But...it was human."

"Well, we can't very well do anything about it now, can we?" [/b]said Alex, [b]"We need to go back to the cave, and get some rest. Then we can sort this problem out tomorrow."

[/b]He walked Dash back to the cave, but all the while he had thoughts running through his mind...

[i]What if the guy who threw the spear at Dash is the same guy who killed the other one? What if we're being hunted...what if we're not alone? We could all die on this island, and I don't have any idea why...
[/i][/size]

[SIZE=1]Luther had been wondering around the jungle for awhile now, he didn?t know how long he had been gone or how long he was going to be. Sighing, he just kept walking, kicking leaves and rocks occasionally. He really wanted to get home, wherever home was?

He was mumbling to himself about the climate, scratching his head in wonder. As he did so he heard, or thought he heard, something behind him. He turned around quickly to see what it was, but there was nothing there. Maybe it was just the wind? or those noisy animals again. He shrugged it off and continued walking, still mumbling. Then he heard it again, leaves and branches cracking. He swiftly turned around again.

[B]?Fuckin? animals??[/B] he grumbled. There was no one there, Luther knew that for sure. He kept staring at the scenery in front of him, scaring himself more and more as he did so. He had enough and decided to run in case anything was behind him.

As Luther ran he kept looking behind, assuring himself nothing was following him. The real danger was not looking [I]forward[/I], to make sure nothing was going to collide with him. And something did.

Luther fell on his back, hard. He felt his head crack off something hard like in his flashback (or dream) and it hurt. He lay there for a moment, groaning with his eyes tightly closed and trying to reach the back of his head with his hand. He opened his eyes all of a sudden, a blurry image in front of him. When it became clear he jumped up.

[B]?Wow? ouch err? sorry about that,?[/B] Luther stuttered, standing up shakily. There was a young man in front of him, one he had seen before but never spoke to. He didn?t look too pleased that he had run into him. [B]?S-sorry. I?m Luther. Darren Luther.?[/B] He said, holding his hand out.

The man shook it. [B]?Mike. Are you from the beach??[/B]

Luther nodded, [B]?I? yeah, I just came for a walk around. I was going back there now, actually. I just thought I heard something and? ran away I guess. Erm, sorry about that??[/B] he apologised again, smiling nervously.

?I?m heading back there to bring everyone back to a cave we found,? Mike told him.

[B]?Well, I?ll come with you.?[/B] Luther interrupted. He felt a little rude for doing that. [B]?I have to get back there now, I met a little girl before, Robin. I? want to make sure she?s okay.?[/B] Luther said. Mike gave a nod and started walking, Luther trailing behind, rubbing his head.[/SIZE]

[color=seagreen]It wasn't long before people started to arrive at the waterfall cave. Dash tried to count them, but it was dark and the people kept moving from place to place and he quit somewhere around twenty. He walked to Alex, who everybody seemed to already regard as the leader of this rag-tag group.

"Hey, Alex? Don't you think we should make a count on all the people, get their names and such? I'd be more than happy to do that." Then he lowered his voice and whispered: "I can also check if I recognize the person in the city. I know I didn't see him or her properly, but still."

Alex shrugged. "Okay, sounds like a great idea, but why did you ask my permission to do that?"

Dash blushed. "Eh... I actually don't know. I... Oh, just forget it. I'm going to fetch some paper and a pen I think I saw in one of the bags people brought here."

Dash walked to Avian, who along with a man and a woman had brought a whole bunch of bags from the piece of the aeroplane they'd discovered. Dash explained what he was going to do.

"That sounds good", Avian agreed. "Let's see... This suitcase has a whole bunch of documents, you could use... [I]Aah![/I]"

Avian screamed and dropped the bunch of papers she had taken from the case.

"What is it?" Dash asked.

"Look for yourself! Look what's written to those papers!" Avian shouted and pointed. People started to gather around them.

The papers were otherwise normal-looking business documents, but on each of them was written a sentence in red:[/color]

[center][color=Red][I]YOU ARE GOING TO DIE![/I][/color][/center]

Avian's hand twitched a few seconds. [i][b]"First the body, now this..."[/b][/i] She whispered. She quickly regained herself, [b]"Just ignore it for now... Uhh here use this one. It doesnt have much on it or anything. And this pen still has plenty of ink."[/b] She placed them lightly in Dash's hands and walked out of the cave.

[b]"Hmm I best be figuring out where I will be staying." [/b]

[b]"It would be wise to sleep in the cave."[/b]

She turned around to see Alex. He must have seen something in her eyes as she left andfollowed her or perhaps just went out of the cave behind her to do something nad over heard. Either way Avian frowned.

[b]"I'm sorry but. Danger or not I dont like large groups. I... I get wierd. I thought i could sleep at the mouth of the cave but then what if something came charcing in wating flesh for breakfast dinner or whatever. Id be first in line. Then again if i slept in the back and something came in id get trampled by panicing people as they ran for safty. So..."[/b] She quit talking. She felt that uneasy twitch starting up in the back of her mind. She didnt know why though. Something about the cave somewhat spooked her but she wasnt about to say that.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Jane was still wide eyed staring at one of the other pieces of paper."well this is reassuring." Some of the others were still murmuring about it but a few tried to wipe it out of their minds. Someone was indeed playing a really sick game with them. She scratched her head a little, her hair still had sand in it from sleeping on the beach.

The whispers stopped once some one called out they were doing a head count and writing down names, considering that was the only thing anyone seem to remember. Jane was still uneasy about the whole situation, she was pretty sure she wasn't the only one, oh well. At least at the most they have some supplys that might come in handy later.

She wondered for a second why they moved from the beach to the cave. She honestly thought the beach was just fine, well unless it rained. She let her thoughts drift back and forth while she stood there waiting to be counted and rocked back and forth a little, leaning forward and backward on her sneakers just slightly. Jane crossed her arms and could hear the people at the beginning of the line shouting their names as if it was some summer camp trip.

"ten....what?s your name?" finally the man got to her. "Jane Basie." she looked at him and then he wrote it down and moved on to the next person. She sat down on the ground quietly thinking a frown dead set on her face. those papers just set her in a bad mood at the moment."who would do that...." she muttered out loud and then listened to the few conversations taking place around her in the cave.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]Alex wandered around, making sure that Dash was collecting everyone's names successfully. He had little doubt that he would, but he wanted to check all the same. Dash had been a somewhat uncertain commodity in his mind since he had run from them into the valley and almost got himself killed. Alex was not entirely sure whether he could trust Dash...

And now this sentence, repeated on each sheet of paper all through the briefcase that Avian had picked up. [i]YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! [/i]Alex mulled these thoughts over in his head. There was very little room for doubt in his mind that the man who had been pinned to the tree earlier, the man who had attacked Dash, and these messages were all connected. But how...?

His train of thought was broken by a sudden scream of agony, which pierced the almost-silent air of the cavemouth. Alex rushed into the cave, which was where the noise had come from. Another body greeted him, this one with a blade, made from flint or some other hard substance, protruding from the neck. But this body was that of a young girl, little older than seven or eight, and it had been completely drained of blood.

But the neck wound was not the only one. There were scores of marks all over her body, ripping through the soft flesh of her stomach, her arms and legs, her chest, each one with blood still gushing from the wound.

[b]"What the hell is going on?!" [/b]screamed Dash, clutching his head, [b]"Why is all this happening?"

"I don't know..." [/b]said Alex coldly, kneeling down by the body of the girl, [b]"But I'm almost certain that this has something to do with that valley. Tomorrow morning, we are going down there and putting a stop to this once and for all."

"But what if it was the...the thing we saw in the cave earlier?" [/b]said Mike, unsure of what to call the creature he had seen, but still seemingly unafraid of it.

[b]"Then we can't all go to sleep tonight. Mike, can you stay awake and guard the cave entrance? You can use the fire and fend off anything that tries to get in, and while you're at it, make sure you don't let anybody out. We don't want anybody sneaking around without us knowing."

"Can do, sir," [/b]said Mike, snapping a salute, then, looking rather bemused, lowered his arm.

[b]"You shouldn't call me that. I'm not your leader, I'm just making a few decisions. We don't need a leader," [/b]said Alex.

[b]"We don't need one now, sure," [/b]said Kat, her mind apparently elsewhere, [b]"But what if we break down? What if we can't hold this fragile democracy we have together without someone to do it for us? What if we can't make the decisions we need to?"

"What?"

"I...I'm not sure..." [/b]said Kat, shaking her head, snapping out of it, [b]"I didn't really realise I was talking..."

"Ok, I think everyone needs to get some sleep. In the morning, I'll take a party down to the valley and check out what's going on. Goodnight everyone."

[/b]Mike wandered to the cavemouth as the rest of the survivors wandered into the cave, each finding themselves a spot to lie down and rest. But Alex could tell that they were not all comfortable about sleeping in the place where they had seen an apparently inhuman creature.

And, to be honest, neither was he...
[/size]

[I]Another dead body. Tore apart by an animal and stabbed by a man. Though the separation between the two wasn?t much.[/I]

Kat sat down just inside the mouth of the cave where she could see the water.

[B]?Shouldn?t you be settling in to sleep??[/B]

Kat looked over to see Mike standing over her, leaning on the cave entrance.

[B]?Yeah, I will soon. I?m thinking right here is a good spot, back against the wall, right next to the door??[/B]

Mike laughed in appreciation of her sarcasm that was way too close to the truth right now.
[B]?Good plan. What have you got in that bag??[/B]
[B]
?Not much, cloths and stuff. Had an id on it, all burned but the face. It?s mine.?

?Any clues to who you are in there??

?No, not really. My instincts seem to be my only clues right now.?

?Yeah, same here. Hey, try to get some sleep ok??

?I?ll get right on that?[/B]

Mike smiled and moved away. Kat stared at the water for a while then looked over at the others, tossing and turning, unable to sleep after seeing such horrible things. But for some reason,[I] it didn?t bother her. It was awful yes, but she suspected sleeping wouldn?t be a problem for her. Why? What made her different?[/I]

Kat stretched out and placed her book bag under her head, falling quickly into a deep peaceful sleep.

[color=seagreen]Dash sat against the wall of the cave, his arms wrapped around his legs. He was thinking of the girl. He knew her name, as he had just asked her not long before she got butchered.

Allison Dressler. Age seven. Couldn't remember who she had travelled with on the plane, but she had been very certain that whoever they were all dead now. She had been a serious girl.

So unlike him. Dash had been glad to have something to occupy his mind with after the nearly-fatal excursion to the ruined city. He had forgotten all about the incident momentarily as he was listing the names.

26 people lived in this cave now. Well, 25 now that Allison was dead. Dash was pretty certain that not everybody had come here. He didn't see the larged black-skinned man that had disciplined him on their first day here. Maybe he was dead too. Maybe everybody in the world were dead except them.

Dash buried his face into his knees and cried. Like a crybaby should.[/color]

[size=1][B]OOC:[/B] Yeah, I know. He's pathetic.[/size]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]
Everybody was fast asleep in the cave as Michael stood in the cave?s mouth, peering into the serene waters of the waterfall. The sound of the crashing spring water was soothing, and calmed his alert nerves. He looked back to see the other survivors slumbering on the rocky ground. He wished he could also have gotten some rest, but he enjoyed his position as the ?protector? of their little tribe. Something that had been slightly imposed on him because of his athletic physicality. He didn?t mind, it was something he felt natural doing, as if combat was engraved into his consciousness some how or another. He peered at each individual with care. Alex, Kat, Avian, Luther, and even Dash. He noticed dry tears on Dash?s face as his eyes glanced over his sleeping body. Michael was curious, but didn?t want to push it. Dash obviously had some issues with his past, and Mike was having a difficult time deciphering his own memories.

Kat was seemingly on guard in her sleep, and was Alex. Their unconscious state seemed shallow, as if they were ready to spring into action at any moment. Mike then scanned over to Luther. A curious fellow indeed, Michael made a note to get to know him. Michael smirked and turned back to his post to look out onto the jungle. Darkness had bathed everything around him, only the fire behind him provided a small amount of illumination out into the forest. Animals seemed to be afraid of it, and stood back behind bushes as they observed the humans from afar. Mike smiled and yawned deep. Hopefully he would be able to rest some in the morning. He didn?t want to be alone while asleep, so hopefully somebody would return him a favor.

As he continued peering into the woodlands, he noticed a large movement in the forest. Something big was moving around quickly, deep in the jungle. Mike focused in on the darkness of the forest, hoping it was a large jungle cat. [I] Please let it be a jaguar...[/I] Mike thought to himself, with a grin on his face. [I] Let?s hope it?s just a JAGUAR...[/I]. Suddenly, Mike stopped his mental laughter as a horrifying sight passed before his eyes. He thought he saw the face of a monster speed across the jungle brush... it looked nearly, [b]human...

It was going to be a long night.[/b][/color][/size]

Compared to the sand the rock ground bed avian had made was hell. She couldnt sleep to well and soon tossed and turned even more. Her mind was occupied by thoughts of the dead bodies she had seen. The man under the bush and the little girl, even her little half brother whom she never really knew. In her dreams she saw different people. Mike protecting the cave as the dead girls body floated around... It seemd only she could see it. Dash huddled in his spot asleep but still crying.

It was a dream but she couldnt help but feel as though it were real. She saw many other plain or boring things untill she heard a loud screech and she opened her eyes and sat up quietly. Whatever it was, it was in her dream. She glanced around everyone was asleep. She could see Mike at the mouth of the cave. Actually she was only a few feet from him. After all she didnt like sleeping near strangers.

She looked at everyone. Alex looked like he wasnt really asleep at all. He looked as if he was pretending to be just in case something tried to get in... or out. A few other people looked as uncomfortable as anyone could be. She glanced at some people sheh adnt actually been introduced to. One seemed to be a young man who she knew was named Luther. Every time an animal seemed to make a noise in the night his face would change to almost anger. Or perhaps it was just a dream.

She moved on and looked at Dash. So far only a few people did she start to trust. Dash for some reason was one of them. She looked at the dried tears and the sad look on his face as he slept. She couldnt help but feel sad for him. She didnt know why but he seemed familliar in a sense. Or perhaps his personality was what was familliar. Either way she felt she could trust him.

She looked down at her feet. She had found a pait of shoes that fit better than what she was wearing so she had taken them. They were a good choice considering the rocks. They looked like hiking boots. Built for tough terrain. She sighed quietly as she stared at the ground. The warm glow of the fire and the crackle it made seemed to keep her in a state of thoughtless thought. She was thinking but she did not know what it was she was thinking about nor did she care. She felt calm.

[b]"Couldnt Sleep EH?"[/b] She heard Mike say suddenly. He didnt scare her but the sudden break in the usual sounds startled her quit a bit. She jumped and looked up at him.

[b]"I could not... Damn rocks..."[/b] She muttered. She was trying quite hard not to start rammbling. She felt cold even though the fire wasnt to far away and she felt like talking to herself. It always made the silence or the awkward moments less stressful. She didnt know why. She didint know any of these people. Or at least she didnt think she did. [b]"Anything of intrest outside?"[/b] she asked mainly to keep herself occupied.

[size=1]Alex awoke after another night of being plagued by the same dreams, broken, shattered images, his head pounding. Bright sunlight was pouring into the cave, and he stumbled to his feet, staggering over to the cavemouth to pick up a half-coconut, which Mike had helpfully filled to the brim with water in the night. He drank deeply, and sighed, feeling his headche subside with the fluid entering his body.

[b]"Morning," [/b]said Mike, a long, sharpened stick clutched in his hands, [b]"You sleep better last night?"

"A little. Same dreams, though. How was lookout duty?"

"I saw something. Thought it was a jaguar at first, but to me it looked more...human. And there can't be any big cats on the island if we haven't seen them already. They would have shown themselves by now."

"We'll just have to be more careful in future. Anyway, I think we need to head down to the valley as soon as possible. We need a full day to check it out, and by the looks of things its only just morning. Who else do you reckon we should take with us?"

"Well, Dash is the only one who's already been down there, so I reckon we should take him. Kat seems pretty capable, and I guess that's it. The rest of them can look for food or whatever."

"You don't think we should take more with us? I think we need more than just the four of us. There's a few other guys I'd take. Darren Luther, there's a guy called Clark. Avian, she was another one."

"Oh yeah, I had a conversation with her last night. She seems a little strange, but we could use all the help we can get, I guess."

"Ok, so I'll go find them, and we'll head down to the valley ASAP. You get some supplies together, we may be down there more than just a day. We'll need food, try and find any bags there are around, a little water, whatever you can get your hands on."

"Sure thing."

[/b]Alex walked away, trying to find the others. Dash and Kat were dozing in the cave, as was Luther. Clark was a little further into the cave, washing his face in the small spring deep within the cave, and Avian was close by, not talking to Clark, but watching, silently. Alex told them each what was going on, and requested that they were at the mouth of the cave in five minutes, so they could head down to the valley as soon as possible.

He walked back to Mike, who had gathered everything he could find, bags, water bottles, small pouches of food, all from the wreckage of the plane that Avian had come across earlier in the day.

Soon the rest of the party gathered with them, and they each slung a bag onto their back, filled with food pouches and a water bottle. Alex told one of the other survivors that their job was to look for food while the rest of them were away, and they headed off towards the valley.

[b]OOC: [/b]Here the action really begins. Our party is headed down into the valley, to discover the mysteries of the island, the killer, and Dash's attacker. We are unarmed, and equipped only with the meagre supplies Mike could find from the plane wreckage. Anything could happen...

And KKC, if you're out there, even though I did not say your character was with us, have her join us later, almost like a stowaway. Could the next poster please get us to the valley. Thank you.
[/size]

After she had woken up and had a small idle chit chat with Mike the lookout man. After some others had waken up she went a little farther back into the cave to avoid such strong sunlight where she watched clark wake himself up. Alex approched and told them about the valley, the buildings, and their treck to it. He then left saying they should meet at the mouth of the cave in five minutes.

Avian sighed, Why wouldnt they want an 18 year old following them around anyways? It was just one of the thoughts she got but in the end she decided to go anyways. She walked to the mouth of the cave and after a bit everyone had small packs of the supplies Alex and Mike thought they would need. They were headed off. Again she was with some people she trusted and some she didnt heading off towards who knows what kind of danger.

Most of them were silent for the most part. Avian started to feel it too. She didnt like the silence and when she was alone and in the silence she would talk to herself to fill that silence. Even she sort of thought talking to herself was wierd or crazy but it was how she delt with things. When surrounded by a lot of people she was slightly the same but different. She would be really quiet when she didnt know the people around her but the silence would end up making her talk anyways.

As she walked in silence re thinking over why she might have this odd problem she saw something. She stopped to stare at it. In a small clearing in the trees it almost looked like a normal spot with sunlight shining down onto the ground. What had caught her eye was a shimering light that swirled in an unnatural fashion.

She owuld have thought it was just the way the tree branches moved that made the sun rays move but no tree could make light look like a spiral staircase that moved. The light spun in a few directions twisted, untwisted and spun. Suddenly someone bumped into her. It was Mike who had been bringing up the end of the group. He hadnt seen her stop. Perhaps she had just stopped and what she was only took place in a few seconds thought it felt like she stared at it for a while.

[b]"Whats up?"[/b] He asked her suddenly.

She turned her eyesight to him for a moment and opened her mouth to say something. She glanced back at the small clearing and whatever it was she saw was ...gone.[b] "Uh... Nothing. Sorry."[/b] She paused and decided to say something else, [b]"Its getting really warm and the day has hardly begun. I guess I stopped to catch my breath."[/b]

He nodded at her and they both kept waking. She sensed he didnt beleive her reason for stoppping and if she were someone else she wouldnt either. She had the feeling she was a terrible liar.

They walked on for what seemed like an eternity to her untill they all came to a stop. She almost pumped into Dash because she wasnt paying attention. Her thought was still on that light. She glanced forward just in time to stop before walking stright into him. She glanced around him to see why everyone was standing still and then she saw it. Buildings, old ones, all standing silently in the valley. So this place had civilization on it at one point after all. With several people dead from the crash, or injuries because of the crash, or some psycho killer avian felt al ittle uneasy looking at the sight but she would deal with it...silently. He mind was still on the light though.

[size=1]Alex ran down into the valley, with Mike, Dash and Kat following close behind, and Clark, Avian and Luther followed some distance behind them. A chunk of the plane's fuselage was nestled between two of the old buildings, and Alex raced towards it.

[b]"Alex!" [/b]shouted Mike, [b]"You wanna be careful! There could be things in there you don't wanna see!"

[/b]But his warning came too late. Alex peered into the dark shell, and saw at least twelve people, sitting in their seats, all dead. Blood ran thick on the floor, and there wasn't a sound in the air. Alex dropped to his knees and threw up. He had seen bodies before, but never this many in one place. He threw up until there was nothing left in his stomach.

[b]"Drink this," [/b]said Mike, handing Alex a bottle of water. He drank a few mouthfuls, and handed the bottle back to Mike.

[b]"We need to concentrate on why we are here," [/b]said Mike, not only to Alex but to all of the people in the valley, [b]"We need to find whatever it was that attacked Dash, and if we can, we need to get any supplies that were left on the plane. Water, food, medical supplies, we need everything we can get. I suggest we split up and meet back here later. Me, Alex and Kat will search this section of the valley, as well as the part of the plane lodged in the temple. Luther, Clark, Avian, Dash, you search the other side of the valley. We'll meet back here when we're all done."

[/b]The rest of them nodded, and split off, leaving Kat, Mike and Alex to search this portion of the plane.

[b]"Alex," [/b]said Kat, [b]"I know this is going to be hard for you, but we need to go inside the plane. You're going to have to get a grip, and hold back any fear. Do you understand?"

[/b]Alex nodded, and hauled himself to his feet. He wiped the tears from his eyes and forced himself into the plane. He tried to look straight ahead, and ignore the bodies, but it was incredibly hard. They seemed to be staring up at him, accusing him of something, but silently.

Mike and Kat lead the way, pushing their way towards the galley for this section of the ship. There was cold water in the fridges, as well as soft drinks and beer, which they left for the moment. Trays of aeroplane food were stacked up, and Mike and Kat began shoving everything they could fit into their bags. Alex woke up from his daydream and joined in.

Soon, they were heading towards the temple, smiles on their faces, their spirits lifted by the prospect of hot, vaguely-edible food, and water.

[i]But something was watching them, staring at them from the jungle...[/i]
[/size]

[color=seagreen]Dash felt uneasy returning to the city this soon after almost losing his life there, but the others gave him confidence. Now that he had calmed down, he saw that they were actually a quite nice bunch of people.

He walked with Avian, Clark and a young silent man called Darren Luther. When he was counting the survivors, Dash had noticed that most of them were young adults, with only few children or people over thirty. Dash was sure he had seen more of them on the beach the day they had crashed but they hadn't come to the caves.

The four of them were circling the outerskirts of the city, far from the towering temple at the center. Dash couldn't take his eyes out of it, and was a bit bitter that Alex hadn't taken him to the group that searched the wreck temple area. But maybe that was the best, as he had been attacked when he tried to approach it.

"Guys, I wonder if Alex and the others are alright? I have a feeling that the killer lives near the temple, because that's where I was attacked."

Avian nodded. "I don't think it was such a good thing to split up, either."

"But hey, at least we're safe this way", Clark laughed dryly, getting scornful looks from the others.

After walking for a good fifteen minutes, they saw the other end of the valley - almost vertical wall formed by the mountains.

"It's like a cauldron, this valley", Avian said to herself. Then she squinted her eyes. "Hey... I think there's something carved to that mountain side!"

"Let's go look!" Luther said, taking the front.

As they approached the high wall of stone, they saw the carvings that sent chills down their spine: faceless people getting slaughtered and massacred in thousands of horrible ways: spears, fires, blades, beasts, torture... The featureless faces cried silently, just like in Dash's dream he had in the screaming head statue at the beach. Dash couldn't bear to look at the wall for long, so he turned his face to the city - and the temple.

"What kind of folk lived here?!" Clark exclaimed in disgust. "I mean... Christ!"

"Um... I think they haven't gone anywhere..." Dash said weakly. The others turned to him and saw about six men and women wearing rags and fur approaching them, holding spears, metal pipes and a net. All of their bodies were covered with some dark red paint. It didn't take long for Dash to realize that it was blood.[/color]

[I]Weird? Even Mike seemed troubled by the death that surrounded them, yet she?[/I] she thought about it. [I]No, it didn?t bother her[/I]. Kat had no idea why, but it didn?t. [I]It should.[/I]

[B]?It?s good we found these bottles, it?ll be easier to carry the drinking water from the spring that way. On the way back we should check the storage compartments. The carry-ons have the most useful stuff, but we couldn?t carry it all between the three of us without going straight back to the cave, and I was eager to check this temple out.?[/B]

[B]?Good call.?[/B] Mike said and Alex nodded. Alex was still looking a little pale.

[B]?Well, we know your job had nothing to do with blood and gore.? [/B] Kat said to him, smiling encouragingly.

Alex gave a small smile and looked over the temple. They were standing at the foot of it, craning their necks upward to take in the height of it.

[B]?So, who wants to climb up this thing first??[/B] Kat said sarcastically staring at the golden sand bricks.

[B]?I say we walk around the base of it first and see what we can find out. Then maybe we?ll climb it.?[/B] Alex suggested

[B]?Fun stuff.?[/B] Mike said grinning as they started to circle the base.

Somewhere far behind them, the could just hear the light pounding of something running toward them from the trees?