OtakuBoards

Your Favorite Badass Characters

Panache

There's probably no one in the world who will agree with me on this, but I'd have to say Kuchiki Rukia is about as badass as it gets.

I mean, come on. The girl's confidence, sarcastic "I don't really care what you want, it's gonna happen this way" attitude is to die for. Not to mention her Zanpakutoh, for any of you out there who are that far in the manga. So beautiful and graceful, yet that thing'll do some serious damage. Anyone who can make killing an artform definitely fits my definition of badass.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dogwaffle
AGITO :animestun from airgear,in terms of bad-***...ness(dogwaffle, making new words everyday :p )

and have you people forgot about knives from trigun? the dude is a plant! you don't get more badass then a meglomaniac peice of brocceli!

also lucy/nyuu(i preffer nyuu, lucy scares me) from elfen lied

Guest krazykilla
Itachi from naruto... he's one bad ***.. [spoiler]he murdered his whole clan single handetly[/spoiler]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]krazykilla[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. Please do not reveal aspects of a show that others may not have seen yet without using spoiler tags. Just take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum titled Spoiler Tags for quick and easy instructions on how to use them.

Also, please put more effort into your posts, we expect more out of members posts than a simple statement of they are this because of this. For example you could have taken the time to explain several reason as to why you feel this character is a bad*** If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Vicious- He is a maniacal killer who only belives in fighting. I mean he even said [COLOR=Black]"and you shal shed tears of scarlet."[/COLOR] That is bad ***.

Trowa Barton- Trowa shows no emotion and always sees any objective through.

Hatake Kakashi from Naruto. Not only is he "badass," but he knows it, and he doesn't make a big deal out of it. [SPOILER]He's one of the few remaining ninjas with the Sharingan, and of them, he is probably the most well-known for it, even though he's not from the clan from whence it originated.[/SPOILER]

Of the Jounin of Konoha, I'd say he's the most respected, and for good reason. [SPOILER]The second time the gang meets up with Zabuza, after Haku dies, Kakashi simply becomes [I]untouchable[/I]. If you think of that in context....maybe he simply allowed Zabuza to hit him earlier. (Well, we all know that he did, so that his Nin-Dogs could trap him, but I mean, maybe he could have avoided getting hit AT ALL) And the way he defeats Zabuza: systematically disabling both arms while scornfully retaliating against any other attacks, that's just....awesome. :p

Oooooh, ooooh! He also invented the Chidori (or Lightning Edge, whatever you prefer to call it). What kind of character creates a one-hit-kill jutsu? A BADASS one. :P[/SPOILER]

Okay, I think I'm done for now. ^_^

I think Orochimaru from Naruto is pretty much a bad***.It's like he doesn't care who he kills.As long as they get in the way of whatever he plans he's bound to kill them.And especially if you betray him. :( .He's pretty much all out scary.

I personally love Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki. Sanzo: the only monk who smokes and drinks. He's fighting off demons while threatening his other teamates. I mean what other guy threatens his comrades because they're noisy? "Shut up, I'll kill you!" I believe it's his indifference that makes him a badass character indeed.

Guest SwordMasterRyu
My favorite B.A. character? Oh geez, there's too many!

I'm surprised that Sesshomaru has been mentioned several times, but no one's mentioned Naraku, who is completely devoid of even any tiny scrap of morality and/or decency. What Naraku wants, Naraku gets, no matter what. I think that Kikyo would probably have to go in there too, if only for the fact that she [I]just won't DIE[/I]!

Kazutaka Muraki from Yami no Matsuei, of course. His deranged, one-sided love affair with Tsuzuki, his rape/murder of Hisoka, and his undying quest for vindication, all thrown together with his cold heartedness and bloodlust make him a pretty big B.A. ((Although Tatsumi can be pretty B.A. too, especially where Tsuzuki's involved)).

And (I know I know, I was supposed to pick ONE...but I'm very indecisive!) I guess I'll finish up with...either the Doctor whats-his-face from Sukisyo, I can't recall, the guy that basically kidnapped Fujimori and Sora as children and does experiments on them, forcing them to create alternate personalities....

Or Eclipse from Demon Diary, who's pretty much all-powerful and can scare the living you know what out of anyone...or Krayon, who is just funny.

All right, that's it, I'm done....

Oh P.S.
I absolutely despise Tohma Seguchi. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Tohma Seguchi from gravation and itachi,Orochimaru from naruto they have no mercy for anyone they kill Rurouni Kenshin u can't forget him he goes hard

[COLOR=#007520][SIZE=1][INDENT]crazyoveranime,

Otakuboards emphasizes post quality and post content. If you wish to reply to any of the threads, merely posting a list is insufficient. Conversation is the key. Explain to us why Tohma Seguchi is part of the list. Why is Orochimaru on the list and another of the many characters with no mercy (like Vicious from Cowboy Bebop) not? Give the others in the thread a little more to work with for conversation.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

-r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed][CENTER]Hm? I have several bad***** to put down. Like:

From Inuyasha- Sesshomaru. He is the badest character on the show. He's cold hearted (at times) and very mysterious. Even though he is very silent, he still has a caring heart even if it doesn't show.

From Naruto- Gaara and Itachi. Looking at Gaara you can tell that he is a bad***. Those eyes make him look sinister like he could whipe out a whole nation. Itachi because [spoiler]He killed his whole clan without breaking a sweat.[/spoiler] Yeah.

From Trigun- Knives. [spoiler]Hello, he nearly killed everyone on the space ship. Trying to whipe out the human race.[/spoiler]If that isn't bad*** then I don't know what is.

From the Tenchi series- Ryoko. She is a [spoiler]space pirate[/spoiler] after all. Even though she is sweet and kind around Tenchi, she's really physco around others that try to kill her. I wouldn't want to get on her bad side. She is a bad*** female.

Well, that's all the bad***** I can think of. <(^^<)<(^^)>(>^^)> :catgirl: [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest HXHFMP
[B]hisoka ( hunter x hunter )[/B] - nothing interest this guy except to fight with someone who he feels to be strong. he even has gained a nickname through us fans " the fightsexual". he looks perverted, he acts perverted and he even calls the person he hunts to be "unripe fruits" and that's "[B]hisoka[/B]"
[IMG]http://city.udn.com/community/img/PSN_MAIN/f_yvonne0513_1.jpg[/IMG]

Guest LilyBebeboo
I'd say Mugen from Samurai Champloo. He's such a smartass! And, anyone who has raised themselves NEEDS to be a badass. He stands on his own, and thats hot!

Guest Kitsune~girl
Hmm..... There are so many to choose from! Mostly Naruto characters. Itachi, Jiraiya, Kabuto, but my fave has gotta be Sai!!! Huge spoiler here, but it is good and funny! [spoiler] He replaces Sasuke in Naruto. He calls Naruto "Dickless wonder", Sakura "Hag", Choji "Fatass", and Ino "Miss Lovely". Here tis is off of wikipedia:

Naruto: Dickless Wonder (results in Naruto responding comically. In the Grass Country arc, when Yamato, Sakura, Sai, and Naruto were in the hotsprings, Sai commented that Naruto does indeed have one, which made Naruto jump up and start yelling at how strange Sai was for always mentioning it. It should be noted that he called his brother the same thing.) However, he doesn't call Naruto that anymore. Sakura: Hag/Ugly-Dog (which promptly earned him a nasty beating from Sakura) Choji: Fatass/Fatty/Fatso/Tubby (Japanese term is "Debu", which is an offensive way to call someone fat; Naruto prevents him from actually doing so)
Ino: Ms. Lovely/Ms. Beautiful/Beautiful/Gorgeous (afraid of receiving a similar reaction like the one Sakura gave him, he decided to give Ino a compliment instead of what he was really thinking; this greatly annoyed Sakura to the point where she beat him again) [/spoiler]

Sorry about writing all that but I know a lot about him! If you dont watch aruto, sorry to drag you through that!

Oh yeah and Mugen and Jin are pretty badass too. Naraku, Seeshomaru, Sasuke, Itachi, Kabuto, Orochimaru, and those characters are all good choices. But My second fave (next to Sai) is Kousuke Asazuki from Spiral. He is so badass! [spoiler]He nearly killed "Little Narumi" with hardly any effort.[/spoiler] Eyes Rutherford and Kunoun are cool too, they are from Spiral as well in case you didnt know.
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Kitsune~gir[/B]l, please do not double post. If you wish to add something just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jsibony
personally, I'd have to say it has to be a two way tie between Guts from Berserk and Grave (brandon heat) from GUNGRAVE.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead (i dont quite know how to apply the spoiler tags yet so..forgive me..dont mean to ruin two awesome animes for anyone)

Guts: guts is the definition of Bad**s. A warrior who fights for no cause other than his own. He proves to be the greatest warrior [spoiler]of all when he defeats Griffith to regain his freedom from him[/spoiler] there's also that [spoiler]one episode where he just happens to kill one hundred men while there is a broken arrow sticking out of his hand and he has several sword cuts and gashes all over his body[/spoiler] Finally, he also has one of the most bad**s weapons (his giant sword)

Grave/Brandon Heat: a cold blooded killer. just plain assassin. [spoiler]he is extremely loyal to his organization, even to the point of aiming a gun at his best friends head for betraying the family. he also comes back from DEATH. yeah thats right, not just a coma, DEATH, to avenge his and Maria (his only interest in life)'s death[/spoiler]. Another awesome weapon (the giant tombstone that carries his two guns and doubles as a giant machine gun)
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT]Applying spoiler tags is really quite simple, just take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum titled Spoiler Tags for quick and easy instructions. Until then, do not post spoilers without the tags on them. If you have questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm...I guess my favorite badass character would probably have to be Shin Sowada from Gokusen. Although I don't think he's evil or any of that he still has that cool attitude. So if he isn't classified as "badass" I guess I would have to go with Vegeta from Dragonball Z. Old and original I know, but he is pretty much the biggest badass I can think of at the moment. And he was evil at some point and just has that whole baddass attitude to him. Well, I guess that concludes my favorite badass for the day^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Favorite badass? That award has to go to Ikki from Saint Seiya; Gaara from Naruto; and Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.
Ikki was cool because he was bad then good, but still kicked everyone's butt who crossed him.
Gaara has those creepy eyes, and such a sad back story, you wnat to hug him, but you know that would be suicidal.
Lust was cool because she had no problem handing you your butt on a platter, and she had a cool design.

[SIZE=4]This looks a cool Thread so i thought i'd give my 2 cents.My favourite BA's and i have a couple. Heero from Gundam Wing totally dedicated to his mission and hard to stop once he's focused. Also Spike from Cowboy Bepop who i like because he can appear cool and collected yet be as dangerous as any too[/SIZE]

Guest Venus Kitty
[I]Shadow the Hedgehog is my fav Badass boy! He's just so...so.......SO....SMOKING FINE!!! I know hes a hedgehog and not a human but I just dont care! ^^ *points at him* hes pretty!!
Shadow: Badass boys are NOT PRETTY, VENUS!!
Me: awwwwww your soo cute when your angry!! *pinches cheek*
Shadow:*anger marks* grrrrrrrr....annoying little...
Me: well Im done! ^^

I'm throwing in another vote for Spike Speigel from Cowboy Bebop. Come on, have you watched that guy fight? Badass doesn't necessarily mean merciless. Spike just has that attitude that absolutely screams, 'You mean nothing to me. I really don't need a reason to hurt you.' And anyone who can kick your *** without removing his hands from his pockets and never so much as change his expression is the definition of badass.

And then there's Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach. That was doesn't even have to be stated. Death is only part of the fun of fighting? I mean really, how much more badass can a guy get? Yes, it's a whole different flavor of badass from Spike, but it's badass all the same.

On a side note: Heero Yuy is WAY too angst-ridden to be badass. That guy drives me up a wall. Duo, on the other hand, is awesome. The whole laid-back, relaxed, comic type going into 'now you've pissed me off...By the way, have I introduced you to Deathscythe' is awesome.

I'd either have 2 say Gaara brfore the Chunin exams, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, or Itachi....Garra was just like all hate and stuff...especially when facing Lee in the exams.... Mugen's just a badass in general cuz he's always picking fights he doesnt need to be into and is such a smartass XD...and itachi's just your plain definition of evil...killing pretty much his whole clan? it's self explainitory...lol

Guest MidnightToker26
yeahh, gaara was so badass before the chuunin exams. Then he got all angsty, and killed it. Spike Speigal is also badass, and I got to say Hiei from yu yu hakusho cuz he's got this whole I don't give a sh** about anybody but me but not in a cocky way sort of thing going on. And Itachi from Naruto, even though being a guy he wears nail polish he makes up for it. And then Renji From bleach was a total badass before the Bounto Arc.

I'm going to have to go with obesepanda. Kuroudo Akabane aka "Dr. Jackel" from Getbackers is a total B.A. The guy lives to kill! He has a total disregard for human life. Heck, he determines how much fun he has on a job from how good of a fight he can get in. And that whole thing with the scalpels?? Jeez. I don't like scalpels.. They remind me of doctors, which remind me of hypodermic needles, which reminds me of Saw 2, which makes me shudder... (I don't like needles....) :animecry:

I Would Agree with people on Spike From Bebop I mean he has the kind of attitude that just says bad a##, Also I would say Zoro from one piece. He Picks fight with Peple if he think that they are stronger then him, He sleeps Right through any troble that they have when they are on the going marry and out at sea. hmm and finnaly I would have to say Kyuzo from samurai 7, He does not even seem to care if they help the villaga all he want is to kill kambei.