OtakuBoards

myOtaku avatars

Narumei

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][color=blue]If it's a picture you found online that you want to use, right click on the picture (CTRL + click on a Mac) and click Save Target As (or something to that effect, depending on the browser). Save it somewhere easy to get to, like your desktop. From there, go to your backroom and click on edit picture, as described above, click browse, navigate to your desktop, and select your newly downloaded picture. Then, just click Upload My Picture and you're done.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Petie][font=Verdana][color=blue]If it's a picture you found online that you want to use, right click on the picture (CTRL + click on a Mac) and click Save Target As (or something to that effect, depending on the browser). Save it somewhere easy to get to, like your desktop. From there, go to your backroom and click on edit picture, as described above, click browse, navigate to your desktop, and select your newly downloaded picture. Then, just click Upload My Picture and you're done.[/color'][/font][/quote]

Thanks for the help but now it says it has to be in the JGB piceles or something ......what do i do now?
GRRRRRRR!!!! i hate computers!!

[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=Narumei]Thanks for the help but now it says it has to be in the JGB piceles or something ......what do i do now?
GRRRRRRR!!!! i hate computers!![/QUOTE]The picture can't be too big. It has to have the right dimensions. After you save it open it up in ms paint or another image editing program if you have one, and you can resize it there.[/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]The picture you are using cannot be larger than 125x125 and cannot have a file size greater than 50 KB (51,200 bytes). The picture also must be in either jpg or gif format. To find out the dimensions and file size of your picture, right click on it and click properties. If the picture is already on a website, the new window that opens will have that information listed right there. If the picture is on your computer already, the file size will be listed on the first tab of the new window. To get the dimensions, click on the Summary tab and then click on the Advanced button if you see it. The dimensions are listed as Width and Height. The format is indicated by the extension of the file name (the part after the period) and can also be found under the File Type heading.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I'm assuming Windows XP in giving these directions though. The steps to follow might be slightly different if you're on a different version of Windows or on a Mac (for instance, on a Mac, you'd right (or CTRL +) click on the image and click Get Info instead of properties, assuming it is already on your hard drive.[/color][/font]