OtakuBoards

Do You Think About Your Generation's Future?

Touchstone

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]Since many of you continue to pick at me, I feel that I need to do something. Now...what was such a feeling called? Oh, right, [B]motivation[/B].

I know how everyone feels that they can make a big difference in this world, and don't get me wrong, I am entirely capable of realizing the power of an individual, but nothing will happen if the other people around you do not feel motivated. Nothing will get accomplished, and everything will continue on the current track. I feel many of you are becoming somewhat egotistical, and, in the process, becoming more "ignorant" than me, as many have labeled me.

Now, if something comes my way in the future and disturbs me, I will become motivated, and I will do something about it.

Oh, and sakurasuka, thanks for defending me once more.

Later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]Since many of you continue to pick at me, I feel that I need to do something. Now...what was such a feeling called? Oh, right, [B]motivation[/B].

I know how everyone feels that they can make a big difference in this world, and don't get me wrong, I am entirely capable of realizing the power of an individual, but nothing will happen if the other people around you do not feel motivated. Nothing will get accomplished, and everything will continue on the current track. I feel many of you are becoming somewhat egotistical, and, in the process, becoming more "ignorant" than me, as many have labeled me.

Now, if something comes my way in the future and disturbs me, I will become motivated, and I will do something about it.

Oh, and sakurasuka, thanks for defending me once more.

Later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Derald, why don't you become motivatated now?
That way if something comes your way then your already ready to take that problem head on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make you un-easy. I just thought I would offer that little bit of advice.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the choice you made.
If you make a choice, it is your choice to follow it or not.
So people, stop messing with Derald. He might say he won't do anything. But when the time comes, he might just take action.

Also, isn't it all about acting acording to plan?
If you people don't do what you want to do for your generation, should you really be talking to Derald like this?

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Note to [b]Derald[/b]: I'll hunt you down in the near future and get you motivated. I find that "I will become motivated, and I will do something about it" attitude exploitable. ;P

I can't wait until our generation takes hold of the reins to the world! We've learned a lot, much more than what our parents had imbibed when they were at this age, and were brought up in an environment where it's difficult to ignore what's happening with the world. We've matured more quickly, IMO. Methinks that at this rate, a number of individuals from our generation are gonna be in seats of power before they lose the idealism older people have thrown away long ago.

I like what I'm seeing in my generation. The passion to lead's there, so is the call for change. It's gonna be one hell of a ride to the future.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight]
[color=crimson]Eh, not so much. I'm sure there are bigger problems than people who are content with their existence, hm?[/color]

[color=crimson]And someone like you going into politics is barely better.[/color]
[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Uhm, of course there are bigger problems. But to say that there are bigger problems isn't justification for ignoring a big problem. It's like saying...well there are terrorists and people that want to generally do harm to the people of the US.....but one o' these days the sun's gonna blow up! We better start doing something about that and ignore the terrorists! -__-

Actually someone like me who does care about politics and the well being of our society is a lot lot lot better than some random kid who doesn't care about anything except for his own self. He's content with the world because he lives in his own little world where life is fine and dandy. I realize the world needs to be fixed. I'm pretty sure i'd be a lot better in politics than him. Actually i'm 100% certain. And the fact that you said that is completely moronic and biased.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]Since many of you continue to pick at me, I feel that I need to do something. Now...what was such a feeling called? Oh, right, [B]motivation[/B].

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm so glad we agree. If there were less people like you then the world would be a lot better off! Yaaaay! We agree! Yaaaaay!

I'm pretty sure an informed ego maniac will be less ignorant than the content uninformed modest kid.

And i'm not being egotistical, just real. I know i'm not all that, and if someone's smarter than me then i'll bow down to his superior intelligence. If someone's point of view makes more sense than my own i shall change sides and agree with him even if i didn't at first. I have no problem with these things. How do i know? Because i do it all the freegin' time.

All people are different, that's fine. I'm okay with you not caring about the world. I'm even okay if you don't do anything to better society. I just have a problem when that sort of mindset becomes the mindset of the majority of people. That's when it gets scary.

I hope that you can benefit society in one way or another. Heck...working at mcdonalds would even do. I'm not suggesting you're that kind of person, hell you might be really smart, i'm just saying.

I also don't mean to attack you personally. You're probably a pretty cool guy. Heck, we'd probably even be friends if we met in real life. We both found this site, we share something in common. I apologize if any of what i said hurt your feelings. It may or may not have been my intention. ^J^

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]*AHEM HEM!*[/SIZE]

If anyone starts to personally attack Derald again, I will inform a moderator about it and have this thread closed. I did NOT mean this to become "me against this guy," I meant it to be a theoretical discussion. Get over your egos and stop crowding this thread (you know who I'm looking at!).

Thank you, and I hope we can pleasently continue with the discussion :animeswea [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]...I have truly lost all hope in mankind. If no one [B]here[/B] can respect each other's point of view, then the rest of the world is sure to be damned.

Everyone here is their own self, and everyone here has their own thoughts and opinions. The only thing that is causing commotion here is the fact that everyone here thinks someone else should see things their way. In effect, all this will do is further reduce the stability of people's relations in the future. People will be urging others to silence themselves and see things in the "preferred" manner, simply because they [B]think[/B] or "[B]believe[/B]" that it is "right." The only truth to come from that would be that there would be utter chaos as the human population gradually terminates its own existence due to its own civil war of opposing beliefs (*hints at the history of religious conflicts*). Humans just need to learn to "get along," as the supposed cliche goes (with some alterations, perhaps). That would be something I would become motivated for, but the US isn't helping with its "War on Terror," and all it's doing is giving rise to more complications, more conflicting ideals. Frankly, I believe the reason they attacked the US is because it keeps involving itself in worldly affairs when own its own problems at home have not been resolved. In doing this, not only is the US gaining enemies, but it is furthering the decline in credibility of its "democratic" preachings.

Aside from this, the reason I have not become motivated is also because I am still in [B]school[/B]. There is no use for me to begin preaching to others when I still have not come to properly assess my strengths and weaknesses. I go to school to do just that, so that I myself don't become some self-absorbed hippocrite. Once I have come to terms with my abilities, then I will use my strengths to their fullest to see what I can do.

Later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Uhm, of course there are bigger problems.[/COLOR'] [/FONT][/quote]

[color=crimson]I'm glad we agree, my orange-fonted friend. I can rest easy tonight knowing we concurred on one point out of several dozen.[/color]

[quote name='The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] But to say that there are bigger problems isn't justification for ignoring a big problem.[/COLOR'] [/FONT][/quote]

[color=crimson]I don't find him to be that much of a problem. I doubt he can harm much by just living in happy-contentment land while others who have ideas about our future move to put them into action, lol.[/color]

[QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] Actually someone like me who does care about politics and the well being of our society is a lot lot lot better than some random kid who doesn't care about anything except for his own self.

Actually someone like me who does care about politics and the well being of our society is a lot lot lot better than some random kid who doesn't care about anything except for his own self. He's content with the world because he lives in his own little world where life is fine and dandy. I realize the world needs to be fixed. I'm pretty sure i'd be a lot better in politics than him. Actually i'm 100% certain. And the fact that you said that is completely moronic and biased.[/COLOR] [/FONT][/quote]

[color=crimson]A politician is a form of leader. You show the intolerance and zealotry of a tyrant more than someone who could positively affect the world and make things better for our generation, the next and beyond.

That is why you are not my choice for President. It's not a lack of care or a lack of intelligence. It's your personality, a personality that I'd rather not see with any considerable amount of power. I mean, that's all I can say from this thread. Maybe you're just really passionate about this topic and that's all.

I would hope as much.[/color]

Guest Prick Wizard
I don't often think about my generations future because by then time will be moving backwards.

[SIZE=1]Personally, I'm rather excited. I had a conversation like this IRL, so I'll say now what I said then. We live in a time that is different from others, almost like we're on the cusp of something big. This is the sort of time that Sci-Fi writers have dreamed of, and so much is possible. Now, if we could [i]do[/i] something, that dream could be carried out.

But, I'm sure that all the previous generations have said something similar. I feel like another speck of sand in the hourglass. I have faith in my generation, however. I know some idealistic people whom I believe can do something great in the world.

People have the potential to do many things, both good and bad. The impulse to destroy is there, but so is the impulse to do good. It is a testament to humanity that we can overcome that tendency towards destruction and help people. Because of that fact, I'm gonna stick around and see where everything goes. I feel that I have to, for curiosity's sake.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Derald][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna]Humans just need to learn to "get along," as the supposed cliche goes (with some alterations, perhaps).[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

[size=1][i]Thank[/i] you.

A summerized version of what I've been saying from the start of this thread, we all need to just [i]get along[/i] and [i]stop fighting[/i].

Perhaps not in this thread, because OB is built on debates, but nevertheless, I do think that attacking Derald should've gotten old ages ago. *Sigh*

Seriously, why Derald? I've agreed with him every post, and so have many others, why do you continue to attack him? It really is something that I have yet to comprehend.

Mob mentality, maybe? Yes, that's what it is. One person says 'Screw you, you're ******** up America!' and someone else says 'Yeah! You idiot!' and after just a few more people join in, you've got yourself a mob. Poor Derald.

Seriously, NONE of you have taken ANY of the completely VALID points Derald has mentioned into consideration, you've just blindly bashed his point of view.

My opinion, since I know you're all dying to hear it -- It's [i]you[/i] kind of people that are screwing up the system, not him.

Let's have an [i]actual[/i] debate on [i]actual[/i] points, rather than a simple-minded bashing session, shall we? We're all [somewhat] mature here, I do believe we can handle it.

Edit-

[quote name='Stark][size=1']Personally, I'm rather excited. I had a conversation like this IRL, so I'll say now what I said then. We live in a time that is different from others, almost like we're on the cusp of something big. This is the sort of time that Sci-Fi writers have dreamed of, and so much is possible. Now, if we could do something, that dream could be carried out.[/size][/quote]

I must say that I don't think we're anymore on the cusp of anything than the previous generations, but it would be something.

I do believe we will make tremendous progression, but so have most generations. Otherwise we wouldn't be where we are today. Al Quarizme, for example. Einstien. The list goes on and on, I assure you.

But yes, the dream that we [i]are[/i] in fact 'The Generation' isn't likely, and , like you mentioned, it's something that's been said so many times the very words have lost meaning. Just like every [Religious] generation believes they are the generation of the Apocolypse.

This is no different.

2nd Edit-

Gah, this cannot go un-noticed-

[quote name='The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Uhm, of course there are bigger problems. But to say that there are bigger problems isn't justification for ignoring a big problem. It's like saying...well there are terrorists and people that want to generally do harm to the people of the US.....but one o' these days the sun's gonna blow up! We better start doing something about that and ignore the terrorists! -__-[/color'][/font][/quote]

So... Let's see if I understood you... You're calling Derald a terrorist...?

[quote name='The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] I'm pretty sure i'd be a lot better in politics than him. Actually i'm 100% certain. And the fact that you said that is completely moronic and biased. [/font'][/color][/quote]

Seeing as you don't personally know him, the above is a statement that you cannot possibly make. By the way, Derald is a genius, basically. You'd have to be to figure out my high-on-caffiene-2am-Private Mails. I'm sure I make absolutely no sense whatsoever. But that's besides the point >_>

[QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange] Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm so glad we agree. If there were less people like you then the world would be a lot better off! Yaaaay! We agree! Yaaaaay!
[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Here is where I roll my eyes and stare at your post in disbelief. Honestly, I do believe bashing people personally is against OB's rules.

I think we should all start acting our age and debate on the [i]real[/i] topic, rather than the ideas of one teenage boy. M'kay? M'kay.[/size]