OtakuBoards

Handicap Battles!

Delta

[COLOR=#35425E][SIZE=1]Huwaaah! I was busy collecting cattle blood for printer ink yesterday so I wasn't able to read your questions. Without further ado:

[b]+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+[/b][QUOTE][color=dimgray] Are animations allowed under the no transparent pixel handicap?[/color][/QUOTE]Yes, of course. But remember, only the artist will be held liable if his/her piece causes epileptic seizures (or other weird reactions along that line).

[QUOTE]Transparent frames meaning we can't have any GIFs that let you see through them in some sections? Or layers with colours that are semi-transparent? ...or are we supposed to work with only one layer...[/QUOTE]Very good question. Hmm... The ban was only for transparent [i]pixels[/i]. Think about it: if I were to submit something with transparent parts, OB's grey background will show up as part of the piece. It (the background color) isn't 50% grey, and it sure ain't white or black, yeah?

Also, "fading" effects in animated pieces are fine... if you can pull it off with displaying only three colors. Surely, with the limited palette and all, only sharp transitions in color will do. I suggest thinking up other transition effects, chief.

[u]To put it simply:[/u] The only colors we should see in that 125px by 500px space in the duration of your match should be white, black and #888888 [i]only[/i].

[b]+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+[/b][QUOTE]Just like we didn't have to use all the colours last time, I'm assuming we don't have to use both, or any fonts this time, right? The only restriction is that if we want to use fonts it has to be from the selection?[/QUOTE]Correct. Exactamundo.

[QUOTE][size=1]We can only use those two fonts -- But what if we wrote our own into the design? Or just scribbled in words? Like so-
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/unmei_shinpai/friend.gif[/img]
Is that against the rules, or do we just have to use Arial Narrow/Century Gothic as a guidline?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I intended to have all text in said fonts, just to make the match a bit tougher, so writing into your piece isn't an option. There's also no use to vectoring fonts because the outcome will look pretty much the same to the typeface, as if you typed the text in.

[b]+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+[/b]

[QUOTE][size=1]But let's say you have a plain black background, and choose to put a font on top that is the 50% gray. There will be a few pixels around the outside that are a mixed grays and blacks, due to Anti-Aliasing. Do we have to turn that feature off, or does it not matter if it's something that small?[/size][/QUOTE]Sure, no prob. You can leave the anti-aliasing feature on. ^_^

[QUOTE][size=1]Question: In Round 2, is Anti-Aliasing allowed on only text or on everything (like circles and whatnot)? I hope only text because on everything wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense.[/size][/QUOTE]Wow... I didn't know anti-aliasing's applicable to elements other than text. (Learned something new today, I did!) Well, as long as it's not banned or noticeable, it's exploitable. ¯\˚∀˚/¯

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Nah, the only part of the rules I didn't skim was the bit about how many sentences voters have to write, so it's my bad. Can I just do the deletion-repost bit on the date in question (June 1)? Or will it be too confusing to have the post there?

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well in the event of a tie (if there ever is one) Lunox, Delta, and I, which ever one of us it the TP for the thread will place a vote like a tie breaker of sorts.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#35425E][SIZE=1]Wheeee!!! We're just one match away from the finals! Before this ends(in a bloody, Battle Royale-ish conclusion), I'd like to thank you all for participating in this little tournament. *bows* Hope ya'll had a good time!

The current ranking is as follows:
[CENTER][b]sakurasuka[/b] = 13 votes
[b]Ezekiel[/b] = 13 votes
[b]Boo[/b] = 8 votes[/CENTER]

We've decided that [b]Ezekiel[/b] should face [b]Boo[/b] in the pre-round match. Your match thread will be up soon so please don't forget to check Art Studio in the next two days.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+

[COLOR=DarkRed]Also, [HB!] still has something in store for [i]all[/i] the participants. If you're up for one more round, do stop by Art Studio tomor--err, soon.

[B]EDIT:[/B]

[SIZE=6][COLOR=REd]Everyone! To the [b]Battle Royale[/b] round! Go Go GO!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]