OtakuBoards

Sands of Time [M-LVS]

Vicky

[SIZE=1]Dogarta frowned at the thought of being left on his own. Neither he nor Carthage knew how long it would take for the others to arrive, and by that time Dogarta could have been digested by a dinosaur. He decided he wasn?t going to wait around, he would explore, but he wouldn?t go too far.

The first thing he did was go over to the nearby trees. They were incredibly high from the ones on his planet, and there even seemed to be fruit in them. He started up at the top of the tree for a moment but was startled at the thumping sound behind him. He jumped away and saw that one of the huge reptiles that was feeding from the river before had came over and had stretched its long neck into the trees.

[B]?Hey, you must be a herbivore.?[/B] Dogarta said, unsure if the reptile could hear from that height. The dinosaur, to normal eyes, would have been hard to see because of the location of the sun above its head but Dogarta?s eyes were used to be Rarserian sun, which for some reason wasn?t as hot as Earth?s but much brighter and dangerous.

The dinosaur drew its head out of the tree and looked down at Dogarta, stretching its long neck to Dogarta?s height. Dogarta was startled again, though he calmed down when he realised that the reptile wasn?t going to do anything to him. Dogarta hesitantly put his hand on the dinosaur?s head, running his hand across its rough dark skin and watching as it chewed on the leaves with its back teeth.

[B]?And I was told that prehistoric animals were normal violent and attacked anything in their way. You?re a big guy, but you?re nice, aren?t you??[/B] asked Dogarta. He didn?t expect a reply, nor did he expect the animal to understand anything.

Suddenly the big yellow eyes at the side of its head widened, as if it were in pain. Dogarta raised an eyebrow; the animal snapped its head back and pulled away with a monstrous roar. It seemed to be staggering backwards, trying to keep its balance but failed. Its hind legs tripped over its tail ad it collapsed, landing on its neck first. There was no way in heaven it was alive now.

Dogarta gulped. Had he done something? He didn?t want to get killed by the Lords of Time for killing a dinosaur. It definitely wasn?t moving, and its neck was definitely in bad shape from the fall. Bravely, Dogarta walked over to the dinosaur to see what was wrong. He came around to its tail and tried to look over it, seeing something large sticking in its stomach. He climbed up the animals tail, feeling as if he was climbing up mountains from his old military days because of the beast?s rough skin.

There was a thick liquid running down from the wound. Blood. What was causing the blood was a thick metal stick, stuck into the dinosaur, and it wasn?t prehistoric. Dogarta ran his fingers over the dinosaur?s blood, gulped, and put his hands around the pole. He pulled it out and found it was easy to get out than expected. Why was that?

[B]??Ah??[/B] he looked at the pole and noticed the green slim still on it. Fluorescent green slim, thick, incredibly slippery and smelt like burnt engines (with a hint a lime? hence, the colour). It was xerphodium, a poison that had been banned on most worlds since the 29th century. It shouldn?t have been on Earth now, since it was invented by an Earth man who burnt out one fuel engine for his ship and needed another fuel source for the second engine.

[B]?Axel! Carthage!?[/B] he shouted. He took the pole with him and leapt off the dinosaur, racing to find one of them. [B]?Axel! C?mon you guys, get back here!?[/b]

No use, he didn?t think they could hear him. However, some one else did. When Dogarta turned around he caught the sight of a shadow that shouldn?t have been there, it disappeared in a few moments and the leaves rustled as it did. Whoever it was, they were humanoid, and they shouldn?t have been on earth/

--

[I]OOC: One last point through OOC. No matter what scientist say these days you can portray dinosaurs as friendly or as aggressive as you want. There?s no way to prove science if you haven?t actually been to a place and witnessed it.[/I][/SIZE]

Nate trudged on through the red desert, the roars of massive monsters in the background. As long as they weren't near him he didn't really care. Not like he could do anything about it even if he did care. The heat on this planet was extreme. The atmosphere was still young and hardly hospitable to human life forms yet. Regardless, it was yet another thing he could do nothing about so there was no point in dwelling on it.

The roars continued on, as they did he began to realize that his black coat was seeming more and more like a poor fashion choice. But there was no way in hell he was leaving out here in the damn desert. It was when he started contemplating weather he should just carry it instead of wearing it that he heard a dragging noise comming from behind a small rock enbankment. Nate froze in place and stared on to the enbankment as the dragging persisted. Something began to emerge from behind the rocks.

It was a horid monster. He didn't need to know anything about there natural history to know this thing wasn't natural. Could this thing be one of the things that guy, Hephaestus, was making here. It's very existence seemed to cause it pain as it wheezed and moaned. It was reared up on it's hind legs and hade as deep red, scaly skin and yellow eyes with slit drawn pupils. It's right arm was exceedingly long, with massive white claws. The left arm was almost shriveled, so small that it seemed as it to serve no pupose at all.

The creature then turned the rest of the way to face Nate who was frozen, with no idea of how to act. The was a sudden gasp from the beast and with almost no warning the monster was virtually ontop of Nate in a second. It's right arm swung with the force of passing truck, as Nate leaned back to dodge the swing. He then took his left foot and with a kick push off, he flew back to distance himself from the monster. Once he had some space he thought back on what had just happend.

This monster obviously meant him harm, but he wasn't sure if it was okay for him to kill this thing. This was a confusing moment. If it was okay then he'd go ahead, but if it really was suppose to be here, then the lords of time would wipe him out. Before he had time to make a choice the beast gasped and charged again. This time Nate whiped his sword out and cut the right arm off the monster. It toppled over in pain and Nate took this moment to make a run for the forest which was only thirty feet ahead. Was this sick, perverse, creature really something a sane person would ever make?

[B]"What was all that chatter about, Switch?"[/B] Joseph called out to their simian mechanic.

[B]"Nothing important."[/B] He heard the monkey call back.

[I]Yeah, right[/I] He thought... he knew he had heard some of the others yelling through Switch's communicator. [I]But,[/I] he surmised, [I]if they're alive to complain everything must be at least somewhat alright.[/I]

He stepped up to the portal, gave a nod to the remaining people on the ship, and walked through.

He didn't mind the dizzying effect of the portal as much this time through and after relaxing even found it somewhat enjoyable. He came out several feet above the ground and felt the bottom of his stomach drop as he fell. He hit the ground, hard, at a slope and started to roll down the side of the hill but flipped himself upright quickly.

He did a quick look around and saw Nate, with his sword drawn. [B]"What's wro-"[/B] But quickly broke off when he saw the beast, minus an arm. It saw him too, and it was running in his direction. [B]"Oh. Shit."[/B] He said slowly as it charaged at him.

As it came at him he jumped, doing a flip, to pass neatly over it but as he did so he thought [I]This is definetly not supposed to be here.[/I] And he decided to take appropriate action. As he passed over he drew one of his knives and threw it, taking aim at the back of the neck. He threw it and landed, turning around to see the creature fall over.

[B]"Is it dead?"[/B]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Lock watched as Dogarta, Axel, Joseph, Nate, and Carthage each entered the portal. She also heard Nate's conversation with the wierd monkey, Switch.

"Heh, you first, or me?" she asked Maddie, turning to her and half-smiling. Maddie just glared back. "Er...I'll take that as 'you'."

Lock turned around, and now faced the portal. She glanced at Switch, who was frantically looking over the system that apparently controlled the time portal. [i]The look in his eyes sure doesn't make me feel any better about this thing. As if the inital dread of time travel wasn't bad enough. I wish you were here...[/i]

With that thought, she closed her eyes and walked into the portal.

Her stomach learched into her throught as the light grabbed ahold of her, hurdeling her through time. The disorientation was just as bad as it was the first time, and she didn't think she'd ever get use to it.

Just as suddenly as it had begun, her seemingly short journey ended. But this time, instead of appearing on the station, she found herself on a planet unlike anything she'd ever seen before.

The sky was beautiful, the surrounding flora huge and magnificant, and the air was cleaner than any she'd ever breathed before. Except maybe in the Forgotten Forest back home.

She would have enjoyed the new surrounding much more, if only she'd not landed in a tree.

[i]Great. Not only do I have sap all over my clothes, but I'm also thirty or so feet up in the air. A well, coulda' been worse. I coulda' missed the tree, and fell thirty feet to the ground.[/i]

She gathered herself together, checked her Materia to make sure they wern't broken, and started to climb down.

Halfway down, she heard a shout.

"Axel! Carthage! Axel! C'mon you guys, get back here."

It was Dogarta, she realized. She dropped the rest of the distance, noticing that the gravety wasn't quite what she was used to. Lighter than her own world, but not my much.

Once on the ground, she started to run in the direction she had heard the shouts from.

Moving aside some brush, she finally saw Dogarta. He was standing on what looked like...a Behemoth?

[i]What's a Behemoth doing on this world? Maybe this is [/i]my[i] world's past...but if it is, where is this?[/i]

Her thoughts were distracted by a rustle of branches off to her right. She glanced in the direction, but saw nothing. She then decided to walk over to Dogarta, and ask him if he knew anything about...well, anything.

Walking towards her male companion, she was suddenly captivated by his looks...but before she could put into words what she thought, he noticed her and addressed her.

"Ah, it was you, Lock."

"Hi'ya!" she said as Dogarta jumped down off the obviously dead creature. "What were you doing on that dead Behemoth?"

OOC: vicky, if you would be so kind as to carry Lock for a little while, it'd be much appreciated. I'd write more, but time doesn't say that I can...such is the life of one caught in the Sands of Time...haha, couldn't resist.[/SIZE][/COLOR]