OtakuBoards

Best Bassline In A Song

2010DigitalBoy

As the title suggests, I wanna hear about your favorite bassline in a song.

Mine has to be the one in [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Cassandra Geminni[/COLOR] by [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The Mars Volta[/COLOR] - at certain points throughout the 32 minute behemoth, this bassline comes fading in and out which is really cool sounding and easy to get stuck in your head. It's one of the most recognizably cool basslines I have ever heard.

Also, of course there's [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Longview[/COLOR] by [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Green Day[/COLOR] - The whole song, other than the chorus is musically comprised of the low tone, stretched out kinda slow bassline, and it's probably one of the most famous basslines there is.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Indigo]There is no doubt in my mind that one of the best has to be in [B]25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago[/B]. It's a pretty old song, but holy crap, is it ever catchy. I had the privilege of playing it last year in band, and my favourite part was just listening to the bassline instruments play![/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna]Three come to mind. As Ozzy mentioned, My Generation (And most Who songs) has an incredible bassline. Another great one, or at least recognizable one, is from Another One Bites the Dust (Queen) that is truely bitching.

However, the greatest bassline of all time is, as you'd predict from me, the song YYZ from Rush. No song I've ever heard has such an incredible complex and generally rocking bassline. Combined with the guitar playing talents of Alex Lifeson and the drumming greatness that is Neil Peart, YYZ is just rediculously good. [/COLOR]

Guest Heero yuy
Older songs have pretty good basslines with great bass grooves...

Steve miller band
Led zepplin
but Between The Buried and Me's bassist is pretty good aswell, he knows how to scale...

[size=1]Anything by The Who, as Ozy and Cygnus have said, especially, in my opinion, 5:15 Live from the Quadrophenia tour is incredible, and includes a storming bass solo from John Entwistle.

Other than that, there is Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as well as On Mercury, Around the World and Higher Ground.

However, in my opinion, one of the most memorable basslines is that of Money by Pink Floyd. It's one of those songs that, if you start humming it, you will get at least one person in the room to hum it as well.
[/size]