OtakuBoards

Illicit Deep [PG-13] [Profiles]

Dragon Warrior

[center][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4452/illicitdeep6ud.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1826/welcome5yt.jpg[/img][/center]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Many thanks for taking the time to read through this. This is the opening to the epic adventure through an unusual and mysterious part of our world: The Bermuda Triangle. Please read the plot synopsis in the Underground thread before proceeding. It'll help you understand a lot and know how to sign up correctly.

[center][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53203][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2848/clickhere8gb.jpg[/img][/URL][/center]

Once you have done that, you will fully know that you will play the part of one of the crewmates or scientists. I will play the captain of the ship. Feel free to be creative with your characters. Though you are limited to very few occupations, you may still give completely original lives and personalities to your creation.

Do note that characters will [b]die[/b] in this RPG to add to the realism of the situation. Deaths will be determined by situations, character traits, and assorted other things, so no one is really safe, not even myself. Don't let this ruin your fun, though. With the Bermuda Triangle, you can almost go crazy with ideas because things are almost limitless there. I will ask you not to make any rash changes in the plot, though, since it may disturb the main flow of things. Nevertheless, feel free to make things more interesting and turn it up a bit.

[center][img]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2718/signup1gx.jpg[/img][/center]

Here you are. Please take time on your applications. There's no rush. This will be open for over a week to give everyone time to think up a good character. Also, please take to heart the tips I leave with every section of the sign up since it's mainly what I'll be going by when accepting applications. Also remember that quality will matter. I'm not looking for anything outstandingly professional, but I'd like it if you could tell when to use quotation marks and when not to.

Remember that you're one of the crewmates or scientists. Your profile information will be about your character before the incident of your fellow comrades being lost at sea. Do not let the story of the RPG interfere. And most of all, enjoy yourself. That's why we do these RPGs, after all.

[list][*][b]Name:[/b] Not everyone will be from Puerto Rico, so feel free to take in other cultures here. But I'd avoid getting too elaborate with names here.
[*][b]Age:[/b] Let's face it, teenagers won't be here. Keep it at an adult age.
[*][b]Gender:[/b] Male or female. Simple.
[*][b]Appearance:[/b] I don't mind if it's a picture or a written description. But keep in mind this isn't an anime, it's supposed to be realistic. A lot of the time, anime outfits are not true to life. Keep that in mind when putting up pictures.
[*][b]Personality:[/b] What are they like? Since their occupation is pretty much given, this is your chance to be original and creative.
[*][b]Information:[/b] Like personality, this is another area to show off your stuff. Make sure to include how they became a scientist of crew member to run a boat. I'm not looking for anything too elaborate, but dig up some dirt on your guy or gal.[/list]

And that's about it. Like I said, I will accept the best ones after sign up close in a little over a week from now. If you have questions or comments, the Underground thread is the place to put 'em. Thanks :D[/FONT]

[B]Name:[/B] Larka. It means white, the name was given to her when she was born in an African village and her mother died. She was the only white to live there so they named her after her skin.

[B]Age:[/B] 23

[B]Gender:[/B] female

[B]Descprition:[/B][IMG]http://www.broadway.com/site_images/523909.jpg[/IMG]
A basic new yorker look. On the trip however, she traded the jeans in for a cooler set of clothes.She wears black shorts and a midriff black jacket. Her hair is in a high ponytail and she keeps her bangs back with a black headband. Black worker boots and fingerless clothes complete the look.

[B]Personality:[/B] Larka is crazy basically. She nevers does anything halfway. ''All or nothing'', as she says. She is an extremsists and isn't afraid to get rough if things don't go her way. She understands she has no rank on the ship but that doesn't stop her. She'll talk back to anyway, captain or cabin boy, it doesn't matter. but she knows when to stop, most of the time. . .

[B]Information:[/B] As mentioned above, Larka was born in an African village. Her father is unknown and her mother died at birth. The villagers took her in and raised her as the feiry young girl she is today. A famous professor came to the village one day and she became intraced in his stories of far away places and adventures. She ended up leaving the village at age 8 to go back to New York City to stay with him. She was training to join the navy in a academy when her adopted father left on a trip down south, way south. He never came back. When she learned of his disappereance she hopped the first chance she could find to go on the rescue mission. As she was training to be a navy officer, and already had the postion as leuitent, the captain agreed to take her on as a crewmate.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Name:[/COLOR] Jacquez Fache

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Age:[/COLOR] 29

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Gender:[/COLOR] Male

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Appearance:[/COLOR] Jean Reno with back-length dread locks and a bandanna, wearing a blue hawaiian shirt and jeans.
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/reno.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Personality:[/COLOR] Jacquez is rather laid back, letting life drift him along and usually smoking a pipe. He likes to get into the action when it comes, but doesn't usually take the initiative to make it happen. He likes sailing for the thrill and because he takes orderd from someone he respects. He is smart and strong, but doesn't show off.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Information:[/COLOR] Jacquez was born in Paris, France. His mother was madly rich and his family was pretty high class. By ten years old he had discovered a taste for the arts, did a lot of drawing, and appreciated the great works of the many faces of the Louvre. Unfortuanetally, his mother left his father and he got nothing. She sent Jacquez along with him. His father became a lowly fisherman, and Jacquez went out on his boat with him often, giving him a love of the sea. When he was eighteen, Fache finally left his home to go on to better things. He was fired from a good amount of jobs because he didn't put forth necessary effort, due to being bored. Wanting a job that excited him, and one that could work with his passion for the sea, he became a sailor.

Name: Matthew Johnson

Appearance:[img]http://i4.tinypic.com/10nc9kw.jpg[/img]

Personality: Matthew is easy to get along with usually, rare times when he is angered with anything or anyone when angry he tends to push the limits alittle to far known to have a slight anger issue which is why he tends to try and stay "Happy" a good portion of the time.

Information: Originally matthew had lived in North california in the united states where he spent a good portion of his child hood and teenage life, Through his life he had always had an adventurous quality about him, Along with his love of nature and Science. Through his life he started becoming heavily intrigued with both subjects and majored in Science through Harvard University, His job took him across the globe to many diffrent countrys it was simply amazing the things they had found.

Areas from africa to Costa rica, everything was wonderfull still to the day he has filled his life with amazing sights and information for the world to use and study upon.

Name: Yessie Colón
Appearance: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/hinata82/images.jpg[/IMG]
Personality: Sweet and loving but with a brash demenour and not a push over. Always able to handle herself around a man and will either make fun of him when he disrespects her or punch him a few times. May even burn his food for the heck of it.

Information: Born in Santo Domingo, Domincan Republic, she grew up around fishermen and around boats. Learned to cool at an early age especially after a hard days work for her father and his crazy friends who came over and drank or talked about the day for hours on end.

She soon grew so accustomed to it and the men that she grew around that when the men got too drunk she was able to menhandle them.

Having the reputation that she did in Santo Domingo and the cooking skills to boot she was brought on a transport boat as a cook and crew, learning more about the workings of a boat. More so the transport were around the island but sometimes she even went to port in Puerto Rico.

As she continued in the businees she was able to meet people going on longer trips throughout the Caribbean and began to meet people of different languages. After turning 28 she moved to Puerto Rico and worked with a certain group of people. Always known to be reliable and hardworking and can liven up any crew. Especially when a little celebration is in order.

[B]name[/B] Jimmy Cernuto

[B]age[/B] 27

[B]gender[/B] Male

[B]personality[/B] Jimmy Cernuto is not the most charming guy in the world. He has his flaws, as any man does: he is often too forward, rude, sulky or just downright mean. But more often than not, Jimmy is the kind of person you?d want to run into on the streets. He had his problems when he was a child, but it didn?t take him too long to completely change his life for the better.
He is quite a romantic, funny character who likes to take walks on the beach under the pull of a full moon. He?s easy to get along with, as long as you?re not too annoying. Because Jimmy is such an emotional person, it doesn?t take too much drama to bring a tear to his eye. Jimmy loves life, but he loves the sea even more.

[B]information[/B] Jimmy was born to a well-known mobster and a struggling housewife in the middle of New York City. At the early age of ten Jimmy was already involved in hustling drugs for a living. His father, Dino, didn?t support the family with his profits, but instead used his money on heroine and fast cars. Jimmy dropped out of school at age twelve and spent all of his days on the streets, desperate for money or food.
When Jimmy?s mother died of a drug overdose, he was in a terrible state. He had been arrested twice and he had been in drug rehab, but neither of these things helped Jimmy. Fortunately, when Jimmy turned sixteen years old, he was taken to live with his uncle, who was a marine biologist. He had a large condominium on the shore of New York. What Jimmy would see here would change his life drastically.
After a week under special care Jimmy was able to stop smoking and doing drugs altogether, but what Jimmy discovered in his Uncle Danny?s library was what completely altered Jimmy?s path in life. He discovered a book entitled Devil?s Trinity, which told of a terrible place that Jimmy had never heard of before: The Devil?s Triangle. The whole mystery and fear surrounding this locale completely fascinated Jimmy.
Jimmy decided that he would make it his goal in life to go to The Devil?s Triangle (Bermuda Triangle) and find out what was truly there, to have an adventure. When Jimmy asked his Uncle Danny about it, he told Jimmy to never speak of it again. This warning filled Jimmy with more awe, and made him desire to venture there even more! So once Jimmy came of legal age he bid his uncle farewell and left to become the one thing that he knew he was destined to be: a sailor. He worked long and hard under the wing of many extraordinary sailors and learned voluminous things, but never would a mentor allow Jimmy to even speak of The Bermuda Triangle.
So time wore on, and Jimmy?s curiosity of the forbidden zone increased scores, but never could Jimmy find someone to travel with him to the Triangle. It crossed his mind many a time to simply venture it alone, but he knew well that this would be a horrible mistake. Jimmy soon grew hopeless of ever going to his dream locale; that is, until he heard word of a certain rescue mission?

[B]appearance[/B]
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/xliquidousx/al-pacino-mugshot.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 weeks later...
Sign ups appear to be going slowly (not to say the applications turned in at the moment are of little quality). I will be leaving this sign up open for a little longer. Some time next week it'll be closed no matter what (around Wednesday or Thursday). Thank you all who take the time to read this and/or are participating.

[SIZE=1][b]OOC[/b]: Sorry to leave this all blank but I promise I will edit this soon. I know what you mean DW, signs ups have been slow lately for everyone it seems. This RPG looks interesting. I should have my sign up ready by tomorrow.

[b]Name:[/b] Not everyone will be from Puerto Rico, so feel free to take in other cultures here. But I'd avoid getting too elaborate with names here.
[b]Age:[/b] Let's face it, teenagers won't be here. Keep it at an adult age.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or female. Simple.
[b]Appearance:[/b] I don't mind if it's a picture or a written description. But keep in mind this isn't an anime, it's supposed to be realistic. A lot of the time, anime outfits are not true to life. Keep that in mind when putting up pictures.
[b]Personality:[/b] What are they like? Since their occupation is pretty much given, this is your chance to be original and creative.
[b]Information:[/b] Like personality, this is another area to show off your stuff. Make sure to include how they became a scientist of crew member to run a boat. I'm not looking for anything too elaborate, but dig up some dirt on your guy or gal. [/SIZE]

Name: Af Rou

Appearance: [IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/mushrumluver/blah2.jpg[/IMG]

Personality: He is Silent, "Smooth", Mysterious and Calm. He doesn't want to talk to anyone, being that mysterious, everyone sees he is just a thug, a leader of a mafia and nothing more. Due to the dangerous experience he had, he is calm whenever danger is faced and also due to the fact that he was a mafia leader, he can think of good ways to escape, and outwit sorts of dangers.

Information: He was once a leader of a mafia group. When he tried to smuggle a large shipment of drugs. one of his men backstabbed him and rang the police.Being caught by the police and was found guilty,he was sentenced to be a crew member to a boat going to the bermuda triangle. Despite that sentence he is still in probation by the captain and crew members when he does something wrong he will be thrown out or work in a more uncomfortable way.

• 2 weeks later...