OtakuBoards

Decisions, decisions [E]

Blayze

[size=1]Well, I have a lsight dilemma on my hands. Following the successful run of Stranded, my most recent RP, I have been feeling a little on the empty side on the OB. So I have created two new RPs, but I cannot decide which one to post first. So I have decided to turn to you, the people of the Arena, to help me decide.

[u][b]First Idea

[/b][/u]An RP named TORCHWOOD. Now, if any of you OBers in Britain have been watching Doctor Who, you may also know that there is a spin-off series coming in the near future, named TORCHWOOD, based around an agency for the investigation and combat of extra-terrestrial threats. This is esentially what the RP would be about, with many different levels to the agency, from field agents to computer researchers. There would be missions set out, but there would be an ongoing plot, which I think is rather interesting.

[u][b]Second Idea

[/b][/u]This one is a little more conventional, and actually a little bit similar to the other. It is essentially about a group of paranormal investigators (think Angel Investigations from [i]Angel [/i]crossed with [i]Ghostbusters[/i]), who investigate and combat the paranormal. They are very talented individuals, with a lot of knowledge of black magic and so on. But it would not just be about fighting evil, it would have a lot to do with their personal lives as well, with some humour thrown in there as well. To be honest, it wouldn't be the most serious RP out there, it would be a little tongue-in-cheek.

That's about it, although there was a third vague idea along the lines of the movie [i]Shaun of the Dead[/i], a zombie comedy set in Britain, but that one is a little more sketchy.

Tell me what you like, and hate, about each idea, maybe I can fiddle around with them a little bit and make it more to your styles. More importantly, however, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me which RP you would most like to play.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate the help and opinions of all you OB RPers out there.
[/size]

[color=dimgray][size=1]

I actually really like the second and third ideas. I'm really into the both ideas presented. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Who or sci-fi. But I'm all for comedy and the supernatural.

I'm a huge fan of [b]Shaun of the Dead[/B] and [B]Ghost Busters[/B] and I'll help ya through any plotting problems you may have. I'd really like to be a part of either of those RPs if you go through with them.

[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Firstly: Congrats Phil, you'll be getting my first post back on the OB in about a month and a half.

Secondly and more importantly, I think that the Shaun of the Dead idea would be cool, but between the two ideas that you had originally established, I would have to say that both sound good. I'd join either of the two and if it was the first, I guess all I would have to do is a little background research.

From an outside perspective, I would have to say the second. Not everyone has heard of Doctor Who [myself included] or TORCHWOOD and the second RPG could almost be like a preview of the first. Those who participated in the second would most likely have no problem transitioning into the first after getting an idea of what is going on.

Hope that helps. Thanks for giving me something to check up on in the OB.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[size=1]Wow, welcome back Blayze. ^^

Anyway, I really like your second idea. There's so many possibilities that could come from that. But what I really like is that you're willing to focus on their personal lives. That should provide some nice plot twists.

Sounds like fun.[/size]

[size=1]Thank you all for your input, and your first post in a while, Sinistra. Nice to hear that you are all fans of my second idea, perhaps more so than my first. That's understandable really, there wasn't a huge amount of feedback from vicky's Doctor Who RP a while back, and I doubt whether there will be much more for TORCHWOOD.

I will work on the second idea a little, and I'll try and go into a little more depth on my Shaun Of The Dead-style idea, but for now here are a couple of new choices. Basically, I am planning out a few different RPs which I will release at various intervals during my summer holiday (which, owing to my transition from secondary school to sixth-form college, is looking to be about 3 months long), but I am trying to generate some interest for them now.

The two new basic ideas are as follows:

[u][b]Idea 3

[/b][/u][i]Have you ever had a child gone missing?[/i]

This is the prototype tagline for this RP, which is, essentially, a dark fairy tale, heavily based on Peter Pan, which I have always seen as a fairly metaphor-laden book. There would be a Neverland-style world involved, and children going missing from our world.

Actually, when I say that, I mean that this is actually going to be set in Neverland, but it will be a much darker version of the events of the classic story of Peter Pan.

The characters from the original will probably have very minor roles, or not be involved at all.

[u][b]Idea 4

[/b][/u]Inspired by the new [i]Pirates of the Caribbean [/i]trailers, I have entered into a piratey mood. This RP would be a fantasy adventure, with a fairly comic twist thrown in, much like the aforementioned Disney films. Perhaps not with undead pirates and Bill Nighy with a beard made out of a squid (watch the trailer), but in the same sort of vein.

More information on these ideas, as well as the [i]Shaun of the Dead[/i] idea will be posted here shortly. Thanks to all of you for your input.
[/size]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Ooh. I like the third idea, it has a lot of options with it and so many possibilities. I would like to see a little bit more progress on that one; Neverland always was intriguing, and a dark twist seems like fun.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=dimgray][size=1]

I actually really like the second and third ideas. I'm really into the both ideas presented. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Who or sci-fi. But I'm all for comedy and the supernatural.

I'm a huge fan of [b]Shaun of the Dead[/B] and [B]Ghost Busters[/B] and I'll help ya through any plotting problems you may have. I'd really like to be a part of either of those RPs if you go through with them.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I completly agree with you.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1]Well after stalking this thread for a little to long, I think Its about time I would slide my thoughs in on such things.

For some odd reason though, I still can't get the though of the Shawn of the dead like roleplay out of my mind, I think that would have been a great idea if not the utmost funniest thing I have seen in a rp on these boards. Yet why is it that when I hear of that I can see a picture of a single human dancing in tune with a bunch of zombies in the background.

The peter pan one sounds almost a little bit to intresting to let go though, yet I kinda need more of an example of what peter pan would be like in a dark enviroment, Because of you can imagine children dissapearing in a rp that has a dark like enviroment, yeah you can see where I am going with this.

I think the first one could be good, but I just frankly don't know what Doctor Who is like really, and I haven't seen Angel at all. Yet, if it has an aspec of ghost busters on it I may get into it. What is more fun than sucking up a ghost with a modded vaccume cleaner?

Yet I would be willing to help if you need any. These all look rather cool.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Sinistra][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Ooh. I like the third idea, it has a lot of options with it and so many possibilities. I would like to see a little bit more progress on that one; Neverland always was intriguing, and a dark twist seems like fun.[/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

[size=1]Yet again I agree with Sinistra and Alpha-Epsilon.

That RPG idea does have lots of possibilities of where the story could go and how the characters would develop.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]This is very interesting; I think I'll have a go. I personally liked idea two and idea four.
I liked the second idea because angel was one of my favorite television series and Ghostbusters is a freaking great movie. And for the same reasons of it being filled with a lot of plot twists with their personal lives involved.

And I liked the fourth idea because it has pirates and who doesn't love pirates, but it also sounds like it would be a fun and interesting rp idea and I would defiantly join.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]Argh, not them dreaded pirates! Actually, on a serious note, I really think the pirate ideas have all been uncovered and that we should step away from those for awhile. I'm all for idea # 3 as a dark version of Netherland sounds interesting especially if plot twists are involved and there were some planning on how to get the children may get back to their homes.

Oh the things that I could think of....(minus michael jackson of course). I definately think you should go with what you think would work best and what you want to create first. However, I definately would sign up for the netherland roleplay. By the way, welcome back. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Alrighty then.

First off, thank you all for your interest. It has really helped my creative juices to flow, and I think I've come up with a winner, which I will elaborate on later in this post.

Secondly, why does everyone keep saying "Welcome Back"? I've barely been gone from OB for the past year or so. Or is it the change of username? Because I've had three different usernames since I started here, but now I've gone back to my original because I liked it best. Just curious is all.

Alright, now to elaborate a little on my idea. It is taken from the 3rd idea, the Peter Pan one, except instead of making it an almost sequel-type dealy to Peter Pan, I have changed it so it is a retelling of Peter Pan. If anyone has heard of a movie directed by Damion Dietz called "Neverland," it is very similar to that. Essentially, what I plan to be doing is doing for Peter Pan what James' "Wonka Inc" did for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. By that, I mean I'm giving it a dark twist, and modernising the story a fair amount as well.

So here is my thought: if you could give me your opinions on the idea, then I can PM you the first draft of my RP's introduction, and you could give me your opinion on it. I think this would help it to encompass all those thoughts and ideas I just know are running through your heads right now. Even though I am creating this RP, I very much want it to be yours as well, so absolutely any input you can give will matter.

Thank you all for your help in advance. Your interest has been very satisfying.
[/size]