OtakuBoards

Nintendo DS Lite

r2vq

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Psht. Even if the PSP is going white, it's design still sucks in my opinion.

I think the best thing about the DS Lite (besides the brightness) is the sleek design. I love the way the entire system flows when it's closed. The DS logo instead of the Nintendo logo makes it all more simplistic and the shiny, iPod-like cover is a nice touch (granted it causes for more smudges).

The only downfall is the GBA port. I love the little plastic thing they give you to put in there when there isn't a game, but when there actually is a game, it sticks out quite a bit. And that takes away from the completeness of the design.

Regardless, I'd have to say that a black DS Lite is much uglier. Like stated before the smudges are much more visible and that's plenty reason not to get one.

I would like to see a[/color] [color=yellowgreen]green[/color] [color=#555555]or[/color] [color=orange]orange[/color] [color=#555555]DS Lite, though. ;)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I would like to see a[/color] [color=yellowgreen]green[/color] [color=#555555]or[/color] [color=orange]orange[/color] [color=#555555]DS Lite, though. ;)[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkred]Of all the colours I've seen the DS come in, the Ice Blue is my favourite. My first DS was light blue (the Nintendogs one) but unfortunately it broke down for some unknown reason just before Mario Kart DS came out. I ended up exchanging it for the standard grey DS because the blue one was at high demand, and I didn't feel like waiting.

I'm actually considering waiting before getting my DS Lite just to see if the Ice Blue one will get released here, which I'm sure it will. I mean, I can always play FFIIIDS and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass on my sister's while I wait.[/color]

[quote name='Boo][IMG']http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/8867/whitepspeuropecx6.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I was wondering who'd bring that up. Shame Nintendo didn't learn from Sony's mistake and have an all white armoured Samus fighting an all black one. Imagine all that media attention.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Charles]Gavin--after you purchased the system did you allow the battery to drain and then charge it up all the way?

Also, take note that the higher the screen brightness you use, the faster the battery is going to drain.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I've not let it go completely dead yet. I'll probably do that tomorrow, Resetti however pisses me off something awful, such a shame I can't give him a wallop with my shovel and bury him somewhere.

As for the brightness, I've not changed the setting so it's at normal, or whatever setting that is.[/SIZE]

• 4 months later...
In anticipation of the long and dreary ride back to school, I'm getting a DS Lite tomorrow (hopefully I'll find a pink one :catgirl:). What games should I try to pick up along with it, or keep in the back of my head to buy later?

I already have the first Phoenix Wright and will probably get the second sooner or later. I'm very interested in Trauma Center and FFIII. I tend to lean toward RPGs, although I'd be willing to try anything that's fun and makes good use of the stylus (I'm curious about the Metroid Prime game).

On a related note, I had the chance to toy with Warioware before it made its way to the US, and I remember absolutely loving it. Now it'll cost me something in the realm of $40. Does it hold up well over time?

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]I have to recommend Animal Crossing: Wild World, especially if you've never played AC on the GameCube. Initially, you can put hours into the game while you run around town all wide-eyed, discovering everything you can do. Then, once you're all settled into your village, it's great both for playing a few minutes at a time and for longer stretches if you want to tackle a larger project. My personal favorite is landscaping my village and getting things looking nice a neat, or you can design patterns, draw constellations, and so on. . . . Lots of stuff to do.

And if you have access to a wifi connection you'll be able to visit my and others' villages. ^_^[/color]

• 2 months later...
[color=dimgray] Sorry for the huge bump! P:

I know this may sound like the stupidest question ever, but I have never played a handheld, and I don't know anything about them. I'm thinking about getting myself a DS Lite as a present when this school year ends, but I have one question: how does the DS play GBA games? People at school say DS games are on a disk, and I was under the impression that GBA games were still cartridges?

:/[/color]

[color=#4B0082]DS games still come on cartridges, though they're different than GBA cartridges. DS games are similar in appearance to SD memory cards, only a bit bigger.

But yes, like Panda said, the DS has two cartridge slots. The one on top of the system plays DS games while the bottom one plays GBA games. Which can be handy for taking two different games with you without having to pack around extra cartridges outside the system.[/color]