OtakuBoards

A Warning To *ALL* AOL users

Red

[B]May I please say to all Aol members that you should switch your ISP as soon as you can. I ask you to do this because you may regret it in the future. AOL puts files in your system folder that your computer sometimes rejects, ruining your hard drive to a point that it cannot be recovered. AOL have admitted this in the past and on the disk it says : "We cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to your computer during the usage of AOL" etc. etc.[/B]

Guest Master O Beans
Baaha! but, "AOL is the greatest and fastest" ...I don't understand?!?! BAH! what a load, anybody still using AOL deserves to have thier computer crashed...they obviously know nothing about anything :butthead: :shifty:

I have also found problems with AOhelL, it will not allow me to access websites, only aol linked sites...that is the only reason i have been reduced to a...MSN TV(WebTV)...

[B] [I] "Cruizr was/is/and forever will be...here" [/I] [/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]May I please say to all Aol members that you should switch your ISP as soon as you can. I ask you to do this because you may regret it in the future. AOL puts files in your system folder that your computer sometimes rejects, ruining your hard drive to a point that it cannot be recovered. AOL have admitted this in the past and on the disk it says : "We cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to your computer during the usage of AOL" etc. etc.[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

Might I ask where you got this infromation

And for that "We cannot be responsible...." I'm pretty sure that all ISPs have that, just in case you get a virus or something from an email using their email service, someone just might want to sue.

:smoke:

I use Austarnet for my internet connection. But that has happened before with this provider. My friend has Austarnet, and his computer got ruined from it because of a stupid "ocx" file or something. No idea what that file is, but I believe it is used to run programs. That makes it a bit suspicious, eh?

[B]Outlaw Dragon i got the information from the horses mouth, AOL themselves, they've admitted that i does **** up your computer and on another note, AOL isn't just a dial up it's a program that uses it's own modified browser that can monitor your every move on the net[/B]

well ive been using msn since ive had a comp and a few months ago we switched to verizon dsl! and in october i got a new comp, and at the begging of dec i got a aol trial, and aols buddy list was pretty cool but everything else was either unneeded or sucked

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Outlaw Dragon i got the information from the horses mouth, AOL themselves, they've admitted that i does **** up your computer and on another note, AOL isn't just a dial up it's a program that uses it's own modified browser that can monitor your every move on the net[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand that, but [I]where[/I] did you get this information?
[U]Ex.[/U]
- A website.
- A newspaper article
- A magizine
ect. . ., ect. . ., ect. . .

:smoke: