Red Posted December 18, 2001 Posted December 18, 2001 [B]May I please say to all Aol members that you should switch your ISP as soon as you can. I ask you to do this because you may regret it in the future. AOL puts files in your system folder that your computer sometimes rejects, ruining your hard drive to a point that it cannot be recovered. AOL have admitted this in the past and on the disk it says : "We cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to your computer during the usage of AOL" etc. etc.[/B]
Nerdsy Posted December 18, 2001 Posted December 18, 2001 ... If I knew what an ISP was, I'd change it...lol
Red Posted December 18, 2001 Author Posted December 18, 2001 [B]An ISP is an internet service provider.... The person you pay to have the internet in other words[/B]
Ryan Posted December 18, 2001 Posted December 18, 2001 Ok thanx! I didn't know but I pay AOL for internet!!!!ouch! But thanx alot because I didn't know...
Guest Master O Beans Posted December 18, 2001 Posted December 18, 2001 Baaha! but, "AOL is the greatest and fastest" ...I don't understand?!?! BAH! what a load, anybody still using AOL deserves to have thier computer crashed...they obviously know nothing about anything :butthead: :shifty:
Sara Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 [FONT=century gothic]Nah, he means America OffLine..... Gah, all lunch hour, people were complaining about AOL.....and now here, too..... Ah, well...[/FONT]
NeoCactuar Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 I use Paradise as my ISP, voted most reliable ISP of the year. Never had a problem with it, ever.
RicoTranzrig Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 If you're new to the Net use AOL...but if you at least know how to type in a URL...get away from that ISP and switch to a more reliable and cheaper server. There's just too many problems with it...especially privacy issues.
Queen Asuka Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 GAY-OL....I hate AOL. We just recently switched to MSN, which isn't much better but it's pretty good in itself, and today it wouldn't sign me on, so I had to use AOL tonight....which is so annoying.....
RicoTranzrig Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 Earthlink is a very excellent server to use if you're wondering...
Guest Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 I have also found problems with AOhelL, it will not allow me to access websites, only aol linked sites...that is the only reason i have been reduced to a...MSN TV(WebTV)... [B] [I] "Cruizr was/is/and forever will be...here" [/I] [/B]
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 [color=indigo]But the yellow running man is so kawaii!:p And, Master O Beans..... some people care to live dangerously! :help:-_-[/color]
Ryuujin Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i] [B][B]May I please say to all Aol members that you should switch your ISP as soon as you can. I ask you to do this because you may regret it in the future. AOL puts files in your system folder that your computer sometimes rejects, ruining your hard drive to a point that it cannot be recovered. AOL have admitted this in the past and on the disk it says : "We cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to your computer during the usage of AOL" etc. etc.[/B] [/B][/QUOTE] Might I ask where you got this infromation And for that "We cannot be responsible...." I'm pretty sure that all ISPs have that, just in case you get a virus or something from an email using their email service, someone just might want to sue. :smoke:
Fall Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 I use Austarnet for my internet connection. But that has happened before with this provider. My friend has Austarnet, and his computer got ruined from it because of a stupid "ocx" file or something. No idea what that file is, but I believe it is used to run programs. That makes it a bit suspicious, eh?
Red Posted December 19, 2001 Author Posted December 19, 2001 [B]Outlaw Dragon i got the information from the horses mouth, AOL themselves, they've admitted that i does **** up your computer and on another note, AOL isn't just a dial up it's a program that uses it's own modified browser that can monitor your every move on the net[/B]
Will2x Posted December 19, 2001 Posted December 19, 2001 well ive been using msn since ive had a comp and a few months ago we switched to verizon dsl! and in october i got a new comp, and at the begging of dec i got a aol trial, and aols buddy list was pretty cool but everything else was either unneeded or sucked
Defcon5 Posted December 20, 2001 Posted December 20, 2001 [QUOTE]that can monitor your every move on the net[/QUOTE] and whats worse is your parents can use it against you.
Ryuujin Posted December 20, 2001 Posted December 20, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i] [B][B]Outlaw Dragon i got the information from the horses mouth, AOL themselves, they've admitted that i does **** up your computer and on another note, AOL isn't just a dial up it's a program that uses it's own modified browser that can monitor your every move on the net[/B] [/B][/QUOTE] I understand that, but [I]where[/I] did you get this information? [U]Ex.[/U] - A website. - A newspaper article - A magizine ect. . ., ect. . ., ect. . . :smoke:
MarkM Posted December 20, 2001 Posted December 20, 2001 all i have to say is get ie(internet expoler) and aim it easyer and free and u wont hav to worry
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now