OtakuBoards

What happens when i try to draw manga...improved

mangamaniack21

Whoops! Sorry about the last thread, if anyone read it. What I meant to say is, does anyone here draw there own original manga? Not doujinshi, but somthing that you created from pure imagination .It would have your own unique plot and storyline. If you do, you're free to post comments here if you like :animesmil . Thanks ^_^.
Personally, I created my own manga and my friends liked it. Even though I was not too happy with it myself. But, then again, there comics are really good. I will get better at drawing manga, I just need a little (a lot) of practice.

Well, I try to make manga. That's the best I can say right now because I don't know what you're trying to get out of this thread. I mean, do you want information on how to create manga, or do you just want to meet other people who create manga? Knowing that would help people give you more in depth responses, I think.

Guest godpagms
I draw my own Manga, well I use to now I just come up with ideas and never follow thur, but I wouldn't mind get back in to it thou.

Guest podman77
I've gotten up to 14 chapters in my home made manga series. I'm ok at drawing, but I work at a pace of about 2 pages a week.

[quote name='mangamaniack21']Not doujinshi, but somthing that you created from pure imagination.[/quote]
I would just like to point out that not all doujinshi are based off of existing work. Some are, correct me if I am wrong on this, completely original work, it's just that they are self-published instead of being put out by some company.

I have several friends who are incredible drawers and story-tellers both, and they try to make their own manga. My friend Kayla has started a few awesome ones. I would make a good writer for a series, and I think in terms of how manga is portrayed when writing, but my drawing skills are poor. And no company will accept stick figure manga, no matter how awesome I am with stick figures.

While we are on the topic of storytelling in comic form (since manga is really just comics that are read from right to left), after reading the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga, I have become somewhat interested in becoming a story writer for comic companies. However, I don't know if they will accept just pure storytellers...as in, does a 'storyteller' need to have excellent drawing skills as well?

[color=#ff9920][quote name='Doublehex']does a 'storyteller' need to have excellent drawing skills as well?[/quote][/color][color=#007520]If you read the credits for American comic books, they have different people for writing, penciling, inking, colouring.... etc.
For Japanese Manga the story and art are usually by the same person (with assitants) but aren't always.

...Though, if you're looking for a job in the comic industry, I'm sure the ability to draw would always be helpful. 8)

-r2[/color]

[quote name='Doublehex']While we are on the topic of storytelling in comic form (since manga is really just comics that are read from right to left), after reading the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga, I have become somewhat interested in becoming a story writer for comic companies. However, I don't know if they will accept just pure storytellers...as in, does a 'storyteller' need to have excellent drawing skills as well?[/quote]
Comic companies do accept writers on their own. In order to get accepted into a comic company as a writer you would have to submit a synopsis of the story and the script for the first chapter (or something of a shorter length, you would have to check the guidelines on different companies).

Something that I must question is whether or not you can actually write to begin with. Writing a comic, even if it is less appreciated by the general public, is not easy. As a writer you would have to come up with realistic dialogue that portrays the personalities of the characters, as well as creating an original story that others would enjoy reading.

I just wanted to clarify that writing is by no means the easier path in the world of comic creating. It's fine if you've been writing creatively for quite some time, but I hope that you aren't assuming that writing for comics is easier to pick up than drawing.

Then I'd suggest that you just go for it! At this point in time you really don't have that much to lose, right?

Writing for comics would be a great job, but I would suggest having a backup plan in case that doesn't work out. For me, it's hard to think of creating comics/manga as anything more than a hobby.

The comic publisher that I've heard the best things about is Dark Horse Comics ([URL=http://www.darkhorse.com/company/submissions.php]here's a link to their submission policies[/URL]). It would be wise to also look for smaller publishers, but the only companies I know of are Tokyopop, Dark Horse, VIZ, DC, Marvel and Image ^^;

Well currently working on a manga of my own with alot of unique people in it and the storyline's pretty deep. with the life of the going deeper into the own path it will show a deeper understanding of a person role in their life pretty much like most manga it will show a deeper part of the characters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ninja C
I've started my own manga as well, but i haven't worked on it for a wail. Should i keep working on the one that i started, or start up a new one

[quote name='Ninja C']I've started my own manga as well, but i haven't worked on it for a wail. Should i keep working on the one that i started, or start up a new one[/quote]

Maybe you should start a new thread with some pages from your old manga and an idea of the storyline and/or characters. That way we can all give you a good opinion on the manga that you've been working on. Still, you should never continue working on a project if it no longer interests you.

Well when i designed my own manga i create something from my imagination, from my Heart and Soul something that i know would grip anyone that reads it. most people i show my work to love it. but think it a tad to serious but that's always been my strong suit and when you improve your drawing skills it's always a good thing but you really have to draw for the fun of it and because it something you want to do. not for money or fame or any of that fleeting stuff after all fame and money do wear off but what you draw or create will be in you heart and mind forever. :animeshy:

Yeah, I create my manga from my heart and soul too. What do you call your manga and what is it about?
My manga is called galaxy riders and it is about a girl who finds a neclace and it turns into a traveler from space. The girl then transforms into a warrior who has to fight the other person from space in order to save the world. But what she doesn't know is that her sister is the evil one in whom she is trying to fight. That is what my manga is about.

I've started three mangas, but I haven't gotten very far in any of them. I'm an okay artist, but I'm not good at perspective or profile's, so I usually draw a couple pages, then stop. I love writing though, and I'm working on four novels and several short stories, so I usually get the plot and stories down, and then just leave them in a drawer cause I get convinced that I can't draw.

I have wrote a couple of scripts for mangas I want to do... But I don't have the Art skill to draw them. Hell i don't even know if my scripts are good. So be glad you have the natural skill of doing what you do. :animesmil :animesmil

Guest nanayuu
oh, I guess, I'm too lazy to do a long original Manga~
I just have a lot of plot ideas and I want to turn them on paper either --- but too lazy XD
Nevertheless I've finished 2. The first was just horrible but the second was better~~ Drawing wasn't the problem just the understandings were a bit difficult XD since the Mangaka knows it but he/she has to turn it on the damn paper :X XD
Well~ I just need more patience and I wish for everyone to have patience while drawing their manga 8D

Ganbarimasu!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Deathsye']I have wrote a couple of scripts for mangas I want to do... But I don't have the Art skill to draw them. Hell i don't even know if my scripts are good. So be glad you have the natural skill of doing what you do. :animesmil :animesmil[/quote]

Actually, I have seen mangas where one person does the art and another person does the story. I never had a natural talent for manga, I just had to work really hard to get to the stage that I'm at now. I've been drawing manga for about a couple months and I'm not really satisfied with the art that much.

Ahh... I don't care anymore even if you don't have any art or writing skill. That shouldn't hotd folks back. As long as you enjoy doing it. It will be a meaningful and joyous event. Who knows maybe something you don't thinks is good will be a master-peice to some one else. :raspberry :shifty:

[QUOTE=mangamaniack21]Whoops! Sorry about the last thread, if anyone read it. What I meant to say is, does anyone here draw there own original manga? Not doujinshi, but somthing that you created from pure imagination .It would have your own unique plot and storyline. If you do, you're free to post comments here if you like :animesmil . Thanks ^_^.
Personally, I created my own manga and my friends liked it. Even though I was not too happy with it myself. But, then again, there comics are really good. I will get better at drawing manga, I just need a little (a lot) of practice.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is off-topic, but WOW you create your own manga? Any chance you can scan it onto the computer and then host the images? I would [I]really[/I] like to see it. :luv:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WAffleGIR09
I lerv makin my own manga.....its kinda not gettin anywhere but oh well. i'll tell u the plot some other time,k? ^^ i still trying to figure out what the girls name is going to be. and trust me. its more than just pure imagination. but since i love the name sasuke so much...i had to name one of the characters that. and i won a bunch or contests at my school for best story. but i only won a couple 2nd place awards for my anime art.(that sucks for me)....oh well!!! ^^
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]WAffleGIR09[/B], please improve your post as here At OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Rules and FAQ which are located on the left sidebar of the forum. Members are held accountable to the rules whether they have read them or not. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]