OtakuBoards

Bored

mangamaniack21

:sleep: What do you do when you are bored? Do you write stories, read, swim, go on the internet, ect?
Well, I do lots of different things when I am bored. One of them would be writing crazy stories. If you have somthing else that you do when you are bored, you can talk about it.

When I'm bored, I do... this.

Steal one of my mom's bottled Costco-pack Frappucinos, turn up the stereo, and just fiddle on my computer. Sometimes that means online and on here, but sometimes not- the time I had a 3-hour Minesweeper marathon comes to mind.

Other times, I'll just stare at the wall. Think about stuff. I never seem to run out of things to think about. I can basically push myself into a hypnotic state... one time I zoned out for like 2 hours without even realizing it. Great way to pass time.

Or, I can just whip out my Ocarina and play that song that makes half a day pass by... what was it? c-right, c-right, a, a, c-down, c-down? Ah, you probably don't know what I'm talking about.

I like your poem, it is really creative. Funny stories are the best, especially when they are true stories. Like the time that my reading teacher went insane. It started like this: First, everyone in the class was playing a game called sparkle. (A game where you have to spell words.) Everyone had already played that game in elementary school, so we were all reluctant to play. Then, mostly everyone got out for talking too much and then the next word was entrepreneur. Lots of people got out on that one.

When I am bored I usually wander around the internet. Make the rounds to all the sites that I normally go to and see if there is anything interesting going on. Reading through threads on different message boards and reading the blogs that my friends maintain really helps ward off the boredom bug.

I am also a very happy window shopper. I will just pop into a boutique or craft store and look around for ideas for different projects. I just finished sewing a Yukata (summer kimono) to wear at Anime Expo. Crafting is really my main hobby so doing something like crochet, sewing or making jewerly help pass the time. If only I didn't have arthritis I could do this all the time!

Other than that I read manga, watch anime, take a nap or play Katamari Damacy.

[COLOR=Sienna] My favorite thing to do when I'm bored is go to the local bookstore and read new manga books. A couple of the stores even have chairs and tables set up for people to use. Sometimes I just check out any new art books that have come out.

I like to window shop as well. I've recently become interested in scrap booking and I can easily spend hours checking out all the fun stuff you can do with your pictures. Some of the shops here have tons of really cute and fun stuff that you can use. It almost makes it hard to decide what to use to make your pages, as there are so many choices. [/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]Normally I don't get bored, I involve myself with enough things to avoid being bored.

But, some things I do are playing video games or searching for new ones to purchase. For example, yesterday I went to Best Buy and bought Jak X Combat Racing. Generally I don't dig racing games, but... it's Jak and Daxter, of course I love it. Plus you get to have death matches, oh how I love killing Ashelin. XD

I also read and write frequently. I'm a really big fan fiction writer, so, I do a lot of that. Plus, reading them is quite lovely, too.

Lately I've been getting really big into yaoi and yuri manga. So, I tend to search hours on end for new series and adding them to my list of things I need to read.

Watching Teen Titans reruns is fun too.[/color][/size]

If I'm bored, I've got a good bit of my Twilight Zone collection that I still haven't finished, so I'll pop in a disc and watch an episode or two. Learning guitar is also a good way to while the time away, and of course, just perusing the internet.

[quote name='PaganAngel']Or, I can just whip out my Ocarina and play that song that makes half a day pass by... what was it? c-right, c-right, a, a, c-down, c-down? Ah, you probably don't know what I'm talking about.[/quote] Oh! I'll have to remember that next time I'm bored. I'd fiddled with the ocarina a little bit before in Majora's Mask, but sadly, not too much. I [i]do[/i] remember perfecting the intro to the Rocky theme on the deku pipes, though.

XD *is also watching TT reruns*

Well, when I have nothing better to do (I never do) I sit around, watch TV, go online, listen to music, write poetry, play video games, eat, or sleep. Recently I usually just watch videos on youtube. Also play Ragnarok Online.

Oh, then I might read manga, watch anime, or read a book. If I'm REALLY bored, i'll go outside on skates and ride around the neighborhood.

[quote name='mangamaniack21']I like your poem, it is really creative. Funny stories are the best, especially when they are true stories. Like the time that my reading teacher went insane. It started like this: First, everyone in the class was playing a game called sparkle. (A game where you have to spell words.) Everyone had already played that game in elementary school, so we were all reluctant to play. Then, mostly everyone got out for talking too much and then the next word was entrepreneur. Lots of people got out on that one.[/quote]
Actually I didnt make this up but thanks.
I love funny stories and they are the more funnier when they're true.
Im not a good speller i thought I was until I watched the national spelling bee.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Whenever boredom strikes, I simply put on music from either my notebook or stereo. If the music is coming from my notebook, I simple find a good song to match my mood, put on my earphones, start siniging along, dance a bit and go on [B]OB[/B]! There I go and search the forums, fill in requests in the art by request section and attempt to join an rpg...but sadly I never signed up for one (Maybe one day I'll get my rpg groove back on).

Now if the music is coming from my stereo, then all I do is lay down on my twin sized bed and listen to the lyrics of whichever song is playing. I just love to close my eyes while I do that, music relaxes me and it gets rid of my boredom.

But the one thing that cures boredom 100% is reading a book! I don't care if I have to go to [B]Borders[/B] (Which is a great distance) and sit myself on the rugged floor reading manga. If I am somehow unable to travel there (Which I doubt <.<...I love [B]Borders[/B] too much.), I'll just grab a book/manga that I already have and reread it. So yes, this is what I do when I'm bored.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I usually write when I am bored. To tell you the truth, I wrote some of my est poems when I am bored and/or half-asleep. I also do stuff on my computer, play Maplestory, and watch anime. When I'm bored of all that stuff, I would turn up the radio to full blast just to piss off my family.

Guest ElySioN
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Apart from reading the threads here on [B]OtakuBoards[/B] when bored I allow my ears to indulge in the sounds of various musical artists ranging from [B]Nas[/B] to [B] Nobuo Uetmasu.[/B] I'm really into Ambient kind of stuff, soundtracks from various games including the [B]Final Fantasy Series[/B] and among others like [B].Hack.[/b]

At times, I like to post in my blog on Myspace. I have the uncanny ability to express emotion in vivid writing, or at least that is what my faithful readers say in their comments... :animeswea Oh, I all most forgot. . . video games. Mainly RPG's and Online FPS's to keep me busy.[/FONT]

[size=2][color=darkorange]When I'm bored I either sit around the house and be bored or clean my room or hang out with some friends if they too are bored otherwise I take a nap or play video games and random other things, or maybe I eat something. Boredom is the hardest thing for me to get away from.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Sometimes I think I?m forgetting what it means to be bored. Lately it seems like I?m always busy. But when it does happen I start looking through all the things I enjoy doing. I usually end up doing something like scrap booking, reading, playing video games or watching a movie or some anime. My favorite thing to do, especially in the summer is to go outside and just relax in one of the lawn chairs and soak up some sun. Central Air is nice but sometimes being nice and warm is more relaxing. [/COLOR]

When I'm bored it varies what I do sometimes I draw on paper or on myself sometimes I play with sharp objects and in class I bang my head to the desk or wall until the teacher gives me an assignment or I go brain dead or pass out. When I'm not I school and bored I bug and annoy the hell out of my family members and my frineds or get into a fight with my family members or frineds. :catgirl:

Who wants to see my bordom wounds that I have obtained from being bored as hell? :p

When I'm bored, I tend to surf the internet as most everyone does. Visiting my favorite anime fan sites or other things like the various card games and other activities I engage in. If I find the internet boring, a good book or my DS is always a good solution. I am no good at drawing though, so that's out. A lot of time though, thinking is a good solution, making up a character or storyline for some sort of anime, always good times.