OtakuBoards

Err, problem!

Fall

I didn't know if this should go in the PC Gaming Forum, because this isn't a gaming thread. But anyway.......

Yesterday, I was on Otaku. I was just posting and the usual stuff, when I got a message on AIM. It was from this guy named "ManagerOtaku". Now I don't know if this is for real or not, but does he work here?! Because in the message he sent me, he also sent me a file. It was an ocx file, that as soon as I opened it, it extracted itself into the system folder of my computer. Now I have a "Virus Generating Program" running in my system folder. It says in its properties that it "generates viruses" or something along them lines. Now I don't mean to be rude or anything, but does that ManagerOtaku guy work here?! If this is private information or something like that, than say so....... And this happened around the time of 8:00pm last night when I was chatting to NeoCactuar. Then that message interupted our conversation, and I had to go...... maybe NeoCactuar got the file aswell?

Thanks for any help.

I doubt anyone who worked on any of Adam and co's sites would send a 'virus producing program'.

And I haven't heard of him, and nobody springs to mind with the username. It was probably simply some virus idiot. Who knows, it could've even been thimoc...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]I doubt anyone who worked on any of Adam and co's sites would send a 'virus producing program'.

And I haven't heard of him, and nobody springs to mind with the username. It was probably simply some virus idiot. Who knows, it could've even been thimoc... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thimoc... isn't that they guy haked the boards? I dunno i wasn't around in those days.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I didn't know if this should go in the PC Gaming Forum, because this isn't a gaming thread. But anyway.......

Yesterday, I was on Otaku. I was just posting and the usual stuff, when I got a message on AIM. It was from this guy named "ManagerOtaku". Now I don't know if this is for real or not, but does he work here?! Because in the message he sent me, he also sent me a file. It was an ocx file, that as soon as I opened it, it extracted itself into the system folder of my computer. Now I have a "Virus Generating Program" running in my system folder. It says in its properties that it "generates viruses" or something along them lines. Now I don't mean to be rude or anything, but does that ManagerOtaku guy work here?! If this is private information or something like that, than say so....... And this happened around the time of 8:00pm last night when I was chatting to NeoCactuar. Then that message interupted our conversation, and I had to go...... maybe NeoCactuar got the file aswell?

Thanks for any help. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa..... Hmm. It was probably thimoc or someone else. thimoc ( i wasnt around either but i know about it ) he was able to hack into Adam's account and do naughty things, he is the master spammer. ( which is a bad thing )It mighta been him. Hehehe, i will talk to him. Seeing as how he always IMs me and i cant block him, because i ran outta blocks. So :huh:

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]
he is the master spammer. ( which is a bad thing )It mighta been him. Hehehe, i will talk to him. [/B][/QUOTE]

Apparently I'm a second generation thimoc...at least that's what Will and timoc told me :excited: ...I'm still deciding whether or not that's a good thing.... :rotflmao:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Apparently I'm a second generation thimoc...at least that's what Will and timoc told me :excited: ...I'm still deciding whether or not that's a good thing.... :rotflmao: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well obviously it's not a good thing.

But believe me, thimoc is no hacker. He somehow got one of the admins' passwords back on Version 2.0...and I guess he found out Adam's and I presume Adam used that same password on AIM.

So yeah, I think Adam's learnt his lesson lol.

But in any case...you're not like thimoc. You don't go stealing passwords and passing that off as "hacking". Spamming and stuff are what made thimoc so very unpopular...

As for the virus thing, that was definitely not one of our staff.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Apparently I'm a second generation thimoc...at least that's what Will and timoc told me :excited: ...I'm still deciding whether or not that's a good thing.... :rotflmao: [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, sorry MoB but if you actually believe anything thimoc says, and most things Will says then you need to be slapped.

As far as the virus goes, no one on Otaku staff has that AIM s/n... which means it was probably thimoc... or whoever.... but I thought it was common knowledge not to go around opening programs or anything for that matter without knowing what it is or who is was from?.... be more careful, esspecially with some of these idiots out here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]

Hehehe, i will talk to him. Seeing as how he always IMs me and i cant block him, because i ran outta blocks. So :huh: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You talkie to thimoc? How did you meet him if you weren't around when he was? *ponders <--- likes that word*

thimoc IMed me once...and only once. I talked to him like a normal person...which he is. Sure he was a spammer on here, but...that's just immaturity (lots of people have it).

Perhaps he figured I wasn't worth his time ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]Hi

I sent u this file in order to have your opinion.

I keep getting these things is this ne relation???????? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes! Exactly. That's what I got. Did you open the file?!

And James, thanks for clearing that up. I feel much better now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

Yes! Exactly. That's what I got. Did you open the file?!

And James, thanks for clearing that up. I feel much better now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... that's funny that i diddn't get it aswell.... But now wer all knwo to avoid and files like that, then again most of us allready knew to do that :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]You talkie to thimoc? How did you meet him if you weren't around when he was? *ponders <--- likes that word*

thimoc IMed me once...and only once. I talked to him like a normal person...which he is. Sure he was a spammer on here, but...that's just immaturity (lots of people have it).

Perhaps he figured I wasn't worth his time ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=sienna][size=1] Well, he first saw me in a chat. And asked who i was, then it started to just IM me everyday. [/color][/size]