OtakuBoards

Favorite Ad's

NeoCactuar

I was watching T.V. at 11 o'clock at night, I started to watch the ads and actually concentrate on them, I realised how funny some of these ads are.

So for this topic, I ask you to tell me what your favourite add/adds are, and give a brief description because they show different adds in different countries :P

My favourite add: The 'Bugger add' - New Zealand (Maybe other countries, I dunno)

Ok it's an add for Toyota (A car company) and it is all about these farmers using there truck to do things on the farm, but the truck is to powerful to do the job. Example: A guy is slowly pushing up a fence post on a hill, and he rev's the truck and it push's forward slowly, then jumps forward A bit and pushes the fence post right over, then all the other fence posts (About 1000) all fall over like dominoes, all over his farm. To which he replies... "Bugger". There are several other ones too, but i can't be bothered typing them out right now. I want to listen to some of yours first.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]I was watching T.V. at 11 o'clock at night, I started to watch the ads and actually concentrate on them, I realised how funny some of these ads are.

So for this topic, I ask you to tell me what your favourite add/adds are, and give a brief description because they show different adds in different countries :P

My favourite add: The 'Bugger add' - New Zealand (Maybe other countries, I dunno)

Ok it's an add for Toyota (A car company) and it is all about these farmers using there truck to do things on the farm, but the truck is to powerful to do the job. Example: A guy is slowly pushing up a fence post on a hill, and he rev's the truck and it push's forward slowly, then jumps forward A bit and pushes the fence post right over, then all the other fence posts (About 1000) all fall over like dominoes, all over his farm. To which he replies... "Bugger". There are several other ones too, but i can't be bothered typing them out right now. I want to listen to some of yours first. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that bugger add, though the farmer bugger ones haven't showed here in Melbourne (Aus) for almost a year.

However there is a newer Toyota bugger add here.

A man parks his Toyota at the top of a hill in a surburbin area. However, he forgets to put on the parking brakes, and the truck starts to roll down the hill. Him and his dog quickly jump in the back part, and watch fearfully as they speed at a wall. They crash through the wall, which turns out to be newly made, and the guy who made it 'buggers'. The truck contrinues downwards, going through rosebeds and bus stops, the people making or by them also bugger. The truck then roll into a construction site, where it knocks the top off a porta-potty, showing a worker sitting down, now with the breeze coming in. The truck then crashes into something (can't remember what), and the man and his dog going flying into the 'bottom' of the porta-potty, now without the sitting man, and the man (of course) says bugger. It's much more funnier than it sounds here written up. Trust me...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]

I know that bugger add, though the farmer bugger ones haven't showed here in Melbourne (Aus) for almost a year.

However there is a newer Toyota bugger add here.

A man parks his Toyota at the top of a hill in a surburbin area. However, he forgets to put on the parking brakes, and the truck starts to roll down the hill. Him and his dog quickly jump in the back part, and watch fearfully as they speed at a wall. They crash through the wall, which turns out to be newly made, and the guy who made it 'buggers'. The truck contrinues downwards, going through rosebeds and bus stops, the people making or by them also bugger. The truck then roll into a construction site, where it knocks the top off a porta-potty, showing a worker sitting down, now with the breeze coming in. The truck then crashes into something (can't remember what), and the man and his dog going flying into the 'bottom' of the porta-potty, now without the sitting man, and the man (of course) says bugger. It's much more funnier than it sounds here written up. Trust me... [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen that one, they guy falls on the guy on the toilet, and knocks him off, then the dog goes in the toilet. (Yucky sound effects) And the guy goes "Bugger" then you hear from the bottom of the long-drop "Brugga" *Dogish voice*. Hehahahehaha, classic.

my favorite commercial for awhile now has been for volkeswagon, i think. it shows this girl getting ready for a wedding. then it shows a guy in a tux speeding to the church w/ this dramatic music playing & you think he's late for his wedding. but then it shows the priest saying "speak now or forever hold your peace" & the guy from the car comes busting up in the church w/ this love-stricken look on his face. i think she should go w/ him, he was a lot hotter than the groom! (he's also on judging amy, which i started watching just to see him.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]my favorite commercial for awhile now has been for volkeswagon, i think. it shows this girl getting ready for a wedding. then it shows a guy in a tux speeding to the church w/ this dramatic music playing & you think he's late for his wedding. but then it shows the priest saying "speak now or forever hold your peace" & the guy from the car comes busting up in the church w/ this love-stricken look on his face. i think she should go w/ him, he was a lot hotter than the groom! (he's also on judging amy, which i started watching just to see him.) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]That is one of my favorite commercials of all time. It is such well made commercial, it looks like an Art majors project. I also like the commercial for Audi (it could be for Volvo or Volkswagon I don't quite remember)where a man is talking on his cell phone and says "yeah yeah I know, cash only" . It seems like a Mafia scene but he ends up just picking up a pizza.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]That is one of my favorite commercials of all time. It is such well made commercial, it looks like an Art majors project. I also like the commercial for Audi (it could be for Volvo or Volkswagon I don't quite remember)where a man is talking on his cell phone and says "yeah yeah I know, cash only" . It seems like a Mafia scene but he ends up just picking up a pizza.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehehehehhe, that sounds funny. Buit i havn't seen any of those :( don't get those ads here in NZ :(

[SIZE=1]Hehe, I like the one for that one kinda car, and it has the one dude from Crocodile Dundee. Ad that one guy is getting married and the wifes car breaks down or seomthing so she has to walk a dirt path and her dress gets dirty and then a car comes by and splashes all this mud up on her, and when she gets to the wedding her husband and the Croc. Dundee(Oh! Paul Hogan!) were up at the altar wait for her, and Paul Hogan says "Ah, the rugged out doorsy type. Nice choice." :rotflmao:

That has to be the funniest commercial ad thing ive ever seen[/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Hmmm... let me think. I think the funnniest commercials I've seen in a while, are ads for [i]Foster's[/i] beer[size=1]{[b]Foster's... Australian for beer.[/b]}[/size], and a new movie coming out called, [i]Orange County[/i][size=1]{[b]Not just a place... it's a state of mind.[/b]}[/size].

The Foster's Beer commercials just show people doing really fanatical or rugged things for the beer. Like, for instance.... there's this really pretty womam sitting next to a man, at a bar. She finishes her Foster's, and then slams the can against her forehead(sign of a rugged woman.) Then, the narrator says, "[i]Keeper[/i]!" Another commercial for this beer is centered at a wedding. A man is trying to get a Foster's out of the cooler of ice and cold water. The [b]bride[/b] comes up to him, and offers to get the beer. So, she dives into the ice-cold water... the narrator says, "[i]Devotion[/i]!" These commercials probably don't sound very funny.... they're the kind you have to see for yourself....

And, if anyone has seen a trailor, or T.V. ad for Orange County..... you know [i]exactly[/i] what I'm talking about.... when I say the commercials are hilarious.... you just can't explain them. :freak:

Gawd, there's so many more funny commercials, that I see everyday.... these are just the one's that I can think of at the moment. Maybe if I remember or see a [i]really[/i] funny one, I'll post about it.[/color]

[b]2. UK, Reebok
'Belly's Gonna Getcha!'
A man takes his daily jog,...and ends up being chased by a gaint
beer belly, in the end he out runs, outclasses, and outdodges it.

1. UK, Reebok
'Couch Potato'
A guy is sitting down watching TV on the couch, when he feels bored. He decieds togo out for a jog. He puts on his Reebok trainers, and then the Couch chases after him, it trips him up and fights with him.
In the end, it gets wedged in the doorway.

Those are my two favourites[/b]

Well, I've had a few before, and I have a few now. But I'd say my best one would be the "Bugger" add aswell. And the other to do with SportScene, where someone is really into cricket, and he is in the supermarket. He's bowling the apples that are on the shelf, and rubs the apples where they do to shine the ball up. Anyway, there's the old grandma picking out apples and putting them in a bag, when she sees this man bowling the apples and shining them up (most cricketers shine the ball up around the crotch or butt area, don't ask me why). So she starts putting the apples back onto the shelf......