OtakuBoards

What would you do on your first date?

Guest Heero yuy

Guest Heero yuy
So, I was wondering what you would do on your first date with someone?

I have a date, I haven't been dating in years...in since of date, and not girlfriend till whenever.

I know some girls like different times, morning, afternoon, or evening...

First dates can be tricky, so keep it simple my man. You can't go wrong with some dinner and a movie or something even simpler. I personally like the afternoon date. It gives you more opportunity to do a wider range of stuff to do in case things dont go according to plan. Plus if things dont go good with your lady friend you can always go out with your friends afterwards. So thats a bonus.

I hope thats kinda what you were looking for. :animeswea

[size=1]Like Foredaddy said, you need to keep it simple. You don't need to walk in the park where your conversational skills would be pivotal, you just need to go to a movie and lunch/dinner. I also prefer afternoon dates, because there's more stuff open, movie times are more frequent during noon-time, and the matinee prices are cheaper (a definite bonus if you're buying the tickets).

Oh, but most of all, pick what you think is right. Advice from invisible people who live half-way across the world might not be the best, you know? ;)[/size]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Hmm... never been a big fan of the whole "movie" game plan. You can't talk to each other and get to know one another, and that kind of defeats the purpose of a first date. I like the idea of going places where it's a casual setting, where you can just hang out as friends and still get to know each other really well, for instance, a carnival. No better bonding spot than on top of the ferris wheel (also no better place to pole dance, but that's a WAAAY different story. o_o).[/size][/color][/font]

hnn first date... i'd always ask ( i'm up front about everything) what they wanna do ,etc)
so, ya know exchange ideas & such
I
usually always ended up at the studio (hapkido) and just sparred with my date
i don't know! i'm weird, then again none of my dates complained.

Well, the perfect first date for me would be just going to the arcade after dinner or lunch. It would help if the guy helped with the quarters of course...

I would say a mid-afternoon trip to a cafe, or like Pagan Angel said, a carnival or amusment park. Talking to her helps if you don't know her very well. Don't just asume that she will like a certian thing just because she is (insert stereotype here). If you have to think to hard about it, ask her.

For example: Dont assume that she likes to go to cemetarys just because she listens to 'Him' and wears mostly black clothing. God, that was a terrible date...

Guest Heero yuy
alright guys, thanks for the advice and opinions...the date is this Monday...hoping to get a game plan by sunday

[font=trebuchet ms]When I've been on actual dates (I've never "dated" most of my past girlfriends) I always take them to the city. Just park the somewhere and start walking. By shopping with her, you can both see eachother's interests. If you're hungry, there's restaurants. If you want to see a movie, I'm sure there's a cinema somewhere. But yeah, I'd suggest just walking down a few blocks shopping with her first, then see what she wants from there.

I feel like I'm not worthy enough to give advice. XD[/font]

take her out for a movie or dinner, and end it with a long walk home. or simply just hang out at the mall, whichever is fine. it depends how well you know your date really, it can even end at your place watching anime hehe...

mmmm
i'd say no to the movie... she might think you just want to make out... i would go to starbucks or a different little coffee place and just chill & talk. my last 3 dates (i think they were dates) have been at coffee places and it's a lot of fun! as for time? i'd say mid-afternoon.

[font=lucida calligraphy][color=#9933ff] [quote= Kiss my Tiara by Susan Jane Gilman][color=magenta]Dating is a job audition, beauty contest, and public-speaking engagement all in one. Except if it's a blind date. Then it has the assault of a surprise party thrown in too. Of course, somebody's already tipped us off about the surprise part ahead of time. We still don't know what to expect- only that we'll be visually ambushed and compelled to feign enjoyment.

And the person we're being fixed up with feels exactly the same way[/color][/quote]

Yes, I know that was very random but it's true. So if you keep all that in mind maybe it will help you with a first date.

That said what I would love to do on a first date is go to an art museum or a zoo or something. Anything that requires even the vaguest use of gray matter is nice. Amusement parks are nice too for that matter and if you're not having fun with the person and you took separate vehicles you can always vomit on their shoes.

I don't really like the whole cliched dinner and a movie deal. It's too staid and too boring and run of the mill. Even if you go to some really hole in the wall resturaunt there's always the chance that if the guy pays for dinner he thinks that he's going to get to go all the way. Sorry- that doesn't happen very easily.

So anything requiring that you have conversations and figure out that you have some things in common is a great first date for me. Any volunteers?[/color][/font]

[quote name='PaganAngel][font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]No better bonding spot than on top of the ferris wheel (also no better place to pole dance, but that's a WAAAY different story. o_o).[/size][/color'][/font][/quote]

[size=1][color=slategray]XD Same thing with a playground, those poles you're supposed to slide down are VERY suggestive.

Anyway.
I know your date is today. But you know what I say? Go to Walmart. (A mall works equally as well.) Then you have a wide range of options, since there are so many departments. For example, you can go to the toy section and play with Tickle Me Elmo and try out the large bike assortment. Those tiny battery powered cars for three-year-olds are highly entertaining as well.
You can also check out the clothing department and pick out odd outfits for each other and try them on in the dressing rooms. (I recommend taking pictures when doing that.)
You can also grab something to eat when they have samples out... or you can buy something, either way. AND, you can listen to music and play video games in the entertainment section!
Plus, the employees kick you out after three hours, so that's the perfect amount for a date!

See? How perfect is that?
Malls are good too, just not as fun as Walmart or Target. :P[/color][/size]

I know this doesn't help, but I've never gone on a date before,(due to the fact I'm only 13), and if I did, I'd just sit down where ever and stare at my feet, yep,or maybe my date's feet, doesn't matter, I'd get real shy. Doesn't help, at all, now does it? (Told ya!)

[color=#b0000b][size=1]If you're going out for coffee, go to a local coffee shop, not some franchise like Starbucks. The atmosphere is so much nicer, and it's cool to know you're someplace that someone has put a lot of time and effort into.

Lunch dates are a good idea, too. They're a good way to try out new restaurants, and it can be fun trying new things with someone new. (Even if you don't like it, it's easy to laugh about later.) Lunches are also less expensive than dinner items.

Plus, you can always be, "I chose the restaurant, so you get to choose where to go next." And like people have said, you have more options in the afternoon than after a late dinner.[/color][/size]

Guest Mythology
my first date late night milkshake at stake & shake and a dance in the empty stake & shake parking lot to some old school music. and there you have it

Well, like most posts that I've read so far, it's better to keep your first date simple. Afternoon seem like the best time for a date because there are more options at hand. It's good to establish a good friendship between you and your date so get to know them then just watching a movie in silence.:animesmil Well that's my opinion at the least and I hope this helps!:D

My first date? That depends. I'm not like those guys who meet a girl, go out on a date, and then from there decide iif they should go out again. I'd rather already be friends with the person - know them a bit before we start dating.

If I went out on a date, more than likely I'd let them make the decisions, but if they want me to choose...

I'd probably want to go to a movie. Movies are always good. Or go for a walk in a park or some such place. I don't like the whole dinner date thing... just seems sorta lame. I don't wanna try and talk over my eating, it'd be weird.

Also, I'm a romantic. I'd almost definetaly end up sky staring :animesmil

Hehe....First dates.....hehe! Well, I'm with Tical on this one. I'm the kind of guy that would rather already know the girl than date someone I know nothing about! This means no blind dates, Ace!

Anyway, with that said, I think what would happen is I would ask them what they wanted to do and where they wanted to go! But assuming that I had to decide, it would depend on the girl. I would do something I knew that they'd enjoy! Thus the advantage of already knowing the girl in question!

As for the end of the date, I would do just about anything. But I would be satisfied just laying in a park or sitting on the porch, just the two of us! Get to know each other more, talk about things that made us ask more about the other. A very personal setting! Thats what I would do.

[quote name='Sojiro47']Hehe....First dates.....hehe! Well, I'm with Tical on this one. I'm the kind of guy that would rather already know the girl than date someone I know nothing about! This means no blind dates, Ace! [/quote]
Are you calling me desperate? Look, just because I'm married to a videogame character doesn't mean it can't happen (ah, sweet Nami!) Anyway, I would have to agree. I would get to know them at first, then spend the date trying to get to know them even better. I would probably not try to do anything sex-like. That would just feel akward.

Yes, I am addicted to Harvest Moon.

[COLOR=Navy]An amusement park is my ideal date because I'm a dare devil and hyperactive. Though I would not say no to a movie and time at the arcade. Especially if it is not a chick flick and the arcade has Dance Dance Revolution.

The only thing I do not like about eating out is that I feel like they are watching my every move. I'm very clumsy and when I get nervous I am even more so. Coffee places are fun especially if there are a lot of interesting things in the place to look at and stuff.

Oh, if you have an AppleBees around there, they have a thing at night where the apitizers and deserts are half off. You can go take your date there. Plus, AppleBee's is an interesting resturant because they have so many things up around the walls. Good conversation starters. Also, if your date likes sports, there's sports on tv near the bar! Perfect date without breaking your wallet![/COLOR]