OtakuBoards

Dragon Riders-Battle of Heoul (M-LSV)

Akieen Cloud

a dragon with a lithe figure on its back stepped gracefully through the entrance to the haven of heoul. the guard called for him to halt and state his name and intentions. the figure dropped noiselessly from the saddle and stepped forward lowering the hood of his travellers cloak. "oh its you scar" said the guard. "go on in" the figure brushed his hair out of his eyes and passed through the entrance followed closely by his dragon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCC: Alright for those of you at the Moutains I'm picking up a little pace, those of you not there yet when you jopin in just got to the Moutains and get orders of somekind, I dont care what and go. Everyone else just follow my lead.

ICC:[COLOR=Indigo] Arya sat with her head on her knees thinking of her past when she was brought back by the low growling of Barcain.
'What is it Barcain?'
'A Tamer, not the one that was brought in but a sr\tronger one.'
'Where?'
'In the small villages near Brunium.'
'How do you know?'
'The elder in that village is hideing an egg that has not hatched yet, all dragons can sense when an egg is in dager.'
Arya spun around as Aoki jogged up to her and smiled jogging in place.
"Aoki, a dragon egg is in danger of being captured by the Impire."
He stopped jogging and nodded.
I'll Get Scortch and Barcain ready, go toell the council. Do you know exactly where?"
"On;y that it's in one of the small villages of Burnium."
"That's over 20 villages, we may never get there in time."
"We have to try."
They took off running as Barcain took off met\eting Aoki in hte dens with Scortch for saddleing and nudged the elder dragon gently, a sign of greeting for the dragons. Arya skidded to a halt infront of all thiose who had shown up.
"Saddle your dragons we have a good sign that the Impire is on the move."
She continued running to the elder's room and knocked loudly, he opened the door looking very upset.
"Arya, what is the meaning-"
"A dragon egg is in danger, Aoki abnd I have already assembled the Riders, we leave to find it and bring it back here."
N|He nodded and she took of at a dead sprint happy she had not changed from her rideing clothes and ran straight into the dens and up to Barcain who hepled her to his back gently. She looked at Aoki and nodded, they clasped hands and then let go as their dragons took to the air nad left in diffrent directions, Arya headed for the town where Vincent had left her that day, the day he promiosed to come back to her and never did. She forwned as her resolve doubled and within hours landed at the Vilage. Smoke and ash filled her lungs as before.
'Mar'Kol.'
'Are you sure?'
'Oh yes, I can smell them, the tamer from before is here too.
Arya drew her bow and kncoked an arrow into it, sahe looked around and felt a fear grip her hear like no other. She hear him before she saw or felt him, he was strong and she was going to lose she knew that. The tamer stood behind her now, Barcain roared and swung his tail but he was 10 feet away from Barcain in a flash, Arya still in hand.
"Damnit."
"Yes, young dragon rider of Heoul...you'll die here and you'll be only th first."
HE tightened his grip on her throat and she fetl her air completely gone, reaching to her boot and borought the small dagger forth and cut his arm deep he released her witha flow of curses in the anchent tounge. She ran to Barcain's side where he let loose a long stream of fire and then smiled to himself. She gadped as the tamer merely brushed himslef off. Arya gorwled and drew her sword going back to the teachings that Aoki had taken her through, they were the best and they were pround of it. She twisted around him weaving in and out of his attack as they fought looking vor and opening but there were none. She brought her sword up to block an attack and threw her hand forward sending the Tamer back with a blast of wind. He stood and charged again; he was endless and she was running out of strength. She heard a loud roar and chanced a look as Barcain had begun to kill what look like more MAr'kol only these were black not oragne, they were Spreeks, the larger and more deadly form of a mar'kol. She felt the bite of the tamers blade sharp and painful go into her shoulder.
"I will tell you my name before you die girl, they call me Bowen, I am the strongest tamer the Impre has and I will kill all of you rider of Heoul."
she let him talk as she uncovered her right hand, her spells worked best when the symbol was uncoverd, she placed a hand on his stomach and let the words come from her heart.
'Aslas'
The wind grew to such intenseity that she was thrown back was well. It was her strongest spell and it was made for multipul foes but this called for something drastic. She stood shakely and found the Tamerlying on the ground, his eyes dull, his body broken. He wasn't dead but he would be soon. She walked up to him and with her sword slcied hi head off.
"If you the strongest I would hate to se the others who claim that title"
She looked up as Barcain touched his snout to her wound on her shoulder and healed it.
'Thank you, now we have to find that egg.'
She took off running through the town searching for the elders house, Barcain following close behind as they rid the town of the stragleing Spreeks.
In the moutain of Hell the riders, necromancers, and tamers looked up as a booming voice filled the chamber.[/COLOR]
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]"THE HAVEN IS MOVING, THEY SEARCH FOR AN EGG THAT IS TO BE OURS, A TAMER HAS ALREADY BEEN KILLED. GO FORTH TO THE VILLAGES OF BURNIUM AND FIND THIS EGG! WE MUST NOT LET THE HAVEN FIND IT!!"[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=Indigo]Both sides were on the move now and both had the same goal in mind, get the egg.[/COLOR]

rasp swooped low as he came close to the smallest village. on his back scar was hallucinating.

vision:
a figure in a cape was standing with its back to him talking in a low voice. the setting sun framed its silloete in the window "soon your training will be complete and together we shall end war and bring peace" the figure turned and lowered its hood. there was a flash of light and the figure was standing with its back to him again.this time it was dark outside. the figure spoke again but this time there was something different about it. "did you really think i wanted this power for peace? you ignorant fool." scar stood up and drew his sword. he heard a familliar voice, suuddenly he realised it was his own. he hadnt spoken in so long he had forgotten what it sounded like. "if you really wish to use all this power for your own gain then i must stop you, even if you are my master."
"so it has come to this" said the cloaked figure. "fine, so be it"

scar awoke as rasp landed on the outskirts of the village. "theres something very wrong here" said rasp through their mental link. "where are all the people" replied scar through the link, his only way of communicating. "theres something here, and its not human, elf or dragon."

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Maelstrom's wings instantly spread casting a shadow over the mount as Vincent hopped on. [B]"i will check the fathest from here since I can make it there fastest. The rest wrok your way there" [/B] He took off witht he few other dragons that could keep up.

Wind tore at is clothes as Maelstrom flapped his giants wings pushing faster and faster with each pump. Villages and town flew past as Vincent noticed movment of the mar'kol. That has to be the place. He and the other four dragons began circling looking for rebel movement as the dragon's shadows were huge on the ground. [B]"Come out come out where ever you are"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]Arya and Barcain were heading for the eldr's house when she saw the shadows pas overhead.
'Barcain go ahead of me, but let me get my cloak.'
He stopped as she retrived her cloak and watched as he ledt her standing in the town square, she saw the dragon pass over her and let arrow fly past it, she was an excellent marksmen and had only shown that she would hit them if they dared come closer. She heard the mental reply from Barcain.
'The elder is slain but the egg is still well hidden I have found it.'
'Good, link with Aoki and get it back to the haven! We can not let it get captured.'
'What about you?'
'I shall be fine, you know me, next Aoki I'm the fastes runner the haven has.'
'But your hand to hand and close combat is worse then the others.'
'Which is why I'll shoot them before they get close enough.'
'I'll wait for Aoki or someone else to get here before I leave you.'
He landed beside her, she could see the golden egg in her saddle bag and her resolve doubled.
"Let them come, I'll tear them to shreds."
She held out her palm, Vincent's old glove clutched tightly in her other and began to spin it slightly making a tornado.
'I want to see their faces.'
'Your being reckless.'
'It's the Impire and I'm going to kill every last one of them for killing him!'
She watched as a shadow detached itself and began to descend upon her and Barcain.[/COLOR]

[I]Aldohorn appears from the shadows in front of Arya and her dragon [B]"You would be wise to lower your bow, for only one thing can destroy me.. And it?s in the hands of the impire king."[/B]

He lowers his hood to reveal a very young looking face, his long white hair draped slightly over his eyes. Arya knew that face from somewhere it shocked her but she couldn?t quite place where she has seen him. [B]"I just thought you would like to see the face of your enemy before you die."[/B]

Aldohorn throws his hood back on and snaps his fingers, three mar'kol and one Spreek storm towards Arya and her dragon. [B]"Fare well for now young arya.."[/B] He disappears back into the shadows until the time is right to appear again.[/I]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed]Aoki's body was trembling, his eyes beginning that usual green glow as he leaned forward against his companion, the dragon Scortch. The wind whipped past him, causing some of the magic flames to leak from his eyes, his blue rat tail, braided by his sister, whipped about behind him, the wind whistling past. Scortch kept a hardy pace, his wings pumping furiously. The massive head arched back, looking at the rider.

'Do you have any idea what you're getting us into my friend?'
'Scortch, you should know me better than any other living thing alive, besides my sister. No matter how bad this gets, you know as well as I do that we won't lose'

Scortch exhaled a puff of black flames from his nostrils, the fire slinking past Aoki's face. Aoki smiled, patting his old friend on the neck. He knew that this battle was massive, that many would either perish or get wounded, and his thoughts lingered on his sister.

'Do not worry youngling, she is as strong willed as a slab of iron, and her skills with the sword was as good as you made it. She will not perish easily.'
'I know, I just wish we could be fighting alongside her and Barcain'
'As do I my friend. As do I'

Aoki looked down, the rider's mark on his hand crackling with energies as they came nearer thier destination, a village on the outskirts. Scortch angled his descent and rocketed downwards, Aoki leaning in on him, eyes wide open despite the force of the wind blowing against him. Scortch popped his wings at the last second, a gust of wind stopping them right as they landed. Aoki hopped down, his hands in his pockets and his usual smirk on his face once again. He looked around, and his eyes adjusted to the sights around him. Bodies lay mangled and twisted, blood ran in the streets. Stakes were everywhere, heads adorning the spears with twisted grimaces and dull looks of horror.

'Scortch, what can you tell me about this scene?'
'Well, from what we see here, the blood is still fresh. None of the bodies are decomposed, and the burned ones still smolder. My senses tell me that the Mar'kol have moved on, but from the evidence here suggests that they're not far off. '

Scortch turned, looking at his Rider. The ruby eyes were aglow with rage and excitement. It's been a long time since his claws tore flesh. Aoki picked up a run and leaped as Scortch took off, landing on his back and holding on.
Scortch leaped, black flame leaking from his mouth as the pair took off, keeping low, flying just above the treetops. They soon spotted the Mar'kol force that took out the village, and Scortch roared his defiance, black flames charring at least half of the force before they realized what was going on. Many ugly faces turned and looked upwards, arrows already flying. Aoki stood, and leapt, his right hand palm out, and drew his sword, the runes on the blade glowing brightly. As he rocketed towards the ground, the ancient words spilled off his tongue, and the blade ignited into flames. His palm shimmered, and an unseen force exploded from his fingers. Where a mob of Mor'kal stood, a smoldering crater remained, parts of creature and a shower of blood rained down on the remaining force. He landed in the middle of a mob of Mor'kal, and spun, his blade emitting a force knocking the creatures around him flying, a few already split in half.

The battle raged, Aoki never stopped. His blade sung with a fury of the flames, wounds already cauterized where it passed. He deflected, dodged, and parried, always counter attacking, his body in fluid motion. Scortch watched the batttle from above, mentally providing Aoki with the guidance he needed. The pride in his rider returned as it usually did as he watched the sharp proficiency of the strikes with the sword, the flame creating a streak of light when he swung. Scortch kept his eyes scanning, searching for the tamer, but he didnt see one near enough to hold enough control over these creatures. He sent the mental message to his friend, and kept vigil over the fight.

Aoki knew something was wrong after the first few minutes of the fight, he was killing these creatures too easily, his blade finding the mark again and again. He spun, a backslash beheading a Mar'kol, the head rolling off after the surprised look the creature gave him. He stood then, breathing heavily, his leather tunic soaked with blood, dripping from his blade and his face. He looked around, and the creatures were all standing stock still, dumbfounded, as if they were in a trance. He knew something was wrong, and he looked up to Scortch for the answers.

'My friend, what's happening here? Why aren't they moving?'
'Barcain has just told me, your sister has slain the tamer, these creatures weren't under his direct control, but a higher power has them, and i do not believe they know thier tamer was defeated. These pawns simply await thier next instructions.'
'What fun is that? Fighting things that don't fight back, boring. Come Scortch, let's go find out what my sister has done.'

Scortch swooped out of the sky, his black flames sweeping through the remaining ranks of the Mar'kol, searing their flesh and bone without a scream or a show of pain from any of them. Aoki leapt, and grabbed hold of Scortches wingpaw, flipping himself up onto the saddle. He wiped the blade clean of blood, using his pants, and slid it back into the scabbard, and tightened the strap across his chest. As they rounded the battlefield, he extended his hand, palm up, and uttered a prayer to the flames. The ground trembled, and a fissure opened, Mar'kol falling in to never be seen again. The ground ate it's fill, disposing of all the bodies and standing creatures, and closed again. Aoki breathed a sigh, thanking the elements again. His grip tightened on the saddlehorn, and he leaned forward urging his companion onward towards Barcain's and Arya's mental signature.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]she looked at the beasts and smiled, lowering her hood she walked slowly forward and threw out her hand/
'Aslas"
The two Mar'kol and the one Spreek were torn to peices. She looked up as one dragon still circled above her, she felt a sense of familiarity with this one, more then she had witht he last. She looked up her silver eyes glinting in the sunlight and saw the dragon stop and dive towards the ground, she replaced her hood quickly and retreated to the shelter of Barcain's wing as the dust rose from the dragons descent.She looked up as the rider hopped off of the dragon and smiled wickledly at her.
"He failed to kill you but I will not."
She tried to take in a breath but s\could not, her heart was beating to fast in her ears to understand wehat he had said. She walked ou tto him, her only intent was seeing if he were real. As she reached up to touch his face his dragon lashed out catching her with it's claw and gashing her arm deeply, Barcain leaped at the dragon but Arya called him off.
'NO! Do not hurt him!'
'Arya are you mad?'
'It's Vincent...'
'He is the enemy!'
'He is my lover!'
'Not anymore!'
'We shall see...'
She stood up and lowered her hood so he could see her face and saw the realization hit him at who he was fighting, saw the shock and the hurt just as she felt and waited for what he would do next, bot dragons watching their riders for any clue of what to do next, staring each other down waiting for the other to make a dishonest move.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed]As they closed in on his sister's postion, Aoki knew something was wrong. He was recieving mixed signals from his sister, her emotions storming his mind and leaving him confused. He shook his head and put a hand to his temple, trying to sort out what he felt.

'Scortch, can you hurry? This isn't something I enjoy feeling.'
'Im going as fast as i dare, lest you wish to fly off of me.'
'Just do it Scortch, get us there, NOW.'

Scortch increased his speed, his wings pumping furiously, covering the last few miles in a matter of minutes. As they came upon the village, Aoki noticed the body of a Tamer, headless, and Spreeks and Mar'kol corpses littered the area. He smiled, despite himself, admiring his sister's handiwork. Arrows right between the eyes, as usual. He scanned the area, feeling the storm of emotion getting stronger. Scortch stopped, hovering, a low growl emitting from his throat, the black flames leaking through his teeth as his lips curled.

'It is him, my friend. The one. She mourns for him, and yet, now, he appears before her again.'
'Vincent?!'
'Aye, but yet, something is different. He feels......dark..empty, as if there's nothing of the old warrior in him that we knew.'
'Scortch get me down there before she does something stupid!'
'As you wish'

Scortch dove, rolling, his back to the ground. Aoki dangled from the saddle, holding on with his left hand, his right holding the hilt of his sword, still in the scabbard. As Scortch got close to Barcain and Arya's position, he dropped, rolling as he hit the gound, coming up on his feet with sword drawn, his right hand poised over the blade, the words ready to come if they needed be. His gaze glanced from his sister to Vincent, and back again, the green glow they usually emit, now blazing, the magical energies pulsating from him.

"Arya! Get away from him!! He's not the man he used to be!"[/FONT][/COLOR]

Arya stood between them, her arms held out like a shield.
"No! Pleae let me talk to him brother...I know he's still there. I know it!"
She looked at him with pleading eyes and saw him turn to Scrotch knowing they were talking , she could feel the emotion in him and knew he was going to have scrotch take her away. She raced over to Barcain and drew her sword.
"I will fight you brother if I have to, but I am talking to him."
Barcain shook his head and growled solemly, it had driven her mad and now seeing him was driveing her insane.
'Don't do this Arya, he's more skilled then you, he will not lose.'
'I will not let him best me. I have to speak with him, I have to know if it's him or not.'
'Your brother is right, he is not the same man.'
Arya shook he head violently and yelled.
"I would not love him still if he were not the same!"
Both men jumped and looked at her in shock.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed] Aoki stopped, his hand trembling and his eyes nervous, waiting for the next move, the words from his sister cutting through to him. He started searching for answers, but Scortch could not give him any.

"Arya you're blind! He's standing right infront of you threatening to kill you! You call that love? Thats not the same person!"

'Aoki...you know this is going to escalate if we don't do something soon, she looks as though she will fight you for her right to speak with him.'
'I won't allow it, not by herself. I will not see my sister slain in front of my own eyes.'

Aoki waited, tense, watching Vincent and keeping his mind linked with Scortch, preparing for the next move.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]Arya looked down, tears seeping through her closed eyes. She knew she was freaking Aoki out, it had been nearly five years since he had seen this much emotion from her. Barcain took a step forward and stopped as Vincents dragon growled. She looked over her shoulder at Vincent and his dragon.
'Barcain, stay there.'
'Arya, what will you do? Join the Impire?'
'Never!'
'Then I think you need to stop this and look at what is at stake. The dragon egg...'
She slowly walked over to Barcain and Aoli hoped that she had seen reason and was giving in to himand Barcain, she saw him make a move and quickly shot an arrow letting it ring off his blade.
"I said don't touch him till I talk to him. I think I at least deserve to know what happened all those years ago to take him from me. Give me at least that much brother."
She brought out the golden egg and watching Vincent and the dragon closely walked over to Scrotch and put it in his saddle bag. She knew BArcain's strenghts and weaknesses and if Vincent decided he wanted to take the egg from them then she knew Scortch would have a better chance of protecting it then her and Barcain.
She looked at her brother and saw him frowning deeply.
"I at least deserve the truth behind his dissapperance and why he never came back to me Brother, I deserve that much."
She turned back to Vincent and shed the cloak showing her black leather rider outfit and put down her bow and satchel of arrows, she felt Aoki's dissapproval but lightly fingered the boot dagger and it eased his stress some but he still watched her carefully.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed]The fire in Aoki's eyes dimmed some as he saw the frustration on his sister's face, and he stood up straight, re-sheathing his sword. He folded his arms over his chest, and glared at her.

"You know how foolish this is! Even if he is the same Vincent you knew, who says that he's on our side anymore? I'll let you talk to him, but I will not move from this spot untill you are finished. And if you think you can make me move, you're more than welcome to try."

His glare turned murderous as he looked at Vincent, his concern for his sister's safety over-riding all other feelings he had. Scortch felt the annoyance and huffed, his hot breath washing over Aoki, blowing the small rat-tail braid his sister gave him years back, over Aoki's shoulder. He leaned back against Scortch's side, and watched the meeting quietly, the fire in his eyes smoldering down to raw hate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]Arya stood there and looked at Aoki, he was so annyoing at times but she knew it was out of conceren and she nodded and walked away from him geltly patting Barcain on the snout.
"Wether on our side or not, I still want to know Brother....I just want to know if he never came back becasue he stopped loving me. I want to know..."
She knew it was risky, could very well get her killed but she felt she had to know.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]OOC: Dang I am gone for a couple hours and look what happens sorry I took so long

IC:
Vincent stood stock still his sword still int he posistion to strike this person that had previosuly been his enemy, bt now had taken the form of Arya, the one he had lost years ago. He lost all feeling as his body felt like it died. He tried to speak but no words came as a single tear formed in his eye. A dark voice came into his mind. "She is the enemy kill her and her brother" His reply was strick. "I can't, if it is her" the voice almsot laughed at him. "She has moved on, even you must know that"

Maelstrom felt the tug on his master's heart and knew what to do. Immediatly he withdrew farther back but spread his wings as a warning to the two dragons.

Vincent argued with the voice. "But maybe she didn't?" The voice of the king almsot yelled at him. "Look at her. you think a girl like that would mourn for you" Vincent looked her up and down until his eyes fell upon the glove on her right hand, causing him to smile on the inside. Instinctively he went to reach for the necklace inside his shirt and the grip on his sword moved just a little, setting Ayra's dragon off thinking it as a hostile move. He left a sharp pain in his side as the dragon's tail came around connecting with his chest and sliding him across the ground covered in blood.

Her brother was furious. "See he made a hostile move. Kill him now" Ayra began crying as she pulled back the arrow in her bow. "I'm sorry.." Vincent drew a long breath fighting the pain as he pulled the necklace out of his shirt and let in dangle from his hand, which had covered it in blood. "I don't break a promise..." Maelstrom was immediatly behind him bearing his fangs. He grabbed the reigns as Maelstrom took off into the air. He pulled himself on Maelstrom as the other dragons dove. She was about to kill him but it was her brother's doing. He was controlling her. He needed her alone next time.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]The Stranger raced through the forest, heading toward the mountain he had been told to go by the Mar'kol. His arm still burned lightly from the wounds the creature had invoked earlier. His eyes searching quickly and endlessly, looking for any sign of life at all, he had noticed earlier that all the night time creatures had just vanished. No mroe sounds or movements, which made it rather unsetteling for anyone to be stuck in the silence.

He raced to the edge of the forest, trying to find the source of the distortion in the forest, what was causing the things of the night to remain silent. He came to the edge of a ridge and saw thousands of people and Mar'kols marching, running and charging in the same direction. Frantically looking for something that seemed to be very important to the whole, he growled and cut back, going down the ridge and sneaking to one side of the large force.

He hid in the thick brush, ready to snatch someone he believe could give him the answers he needed. He soon spotted a rather gaunt man, walking off a little to the side with his nose held to the air and the look of someone who knew what was going on, that was the man the Stranger would grab. He grinned to himself and worked his way up, waiting for him to reach the right point.

When he did, the Stranger jumped out quickly and placed one of his large hands over the mans mouth and pulled him down into the brush. He brought his other hand up to the mans neck and placed his claws on the major artery, he then spoke into the mans ear, harsh and quietly.
[B]
"You scream i'll kill you. You call for help, i'll kill you. If you lie to me while I ask you questions I will kill you. Am I understood?"[/B] The man nodded quickly and with fear in his eyes, the Stranger pulled his hand from his mouth but kept his claws close to his neck.[B]

"Now, who are you?"

"I am a necromancer."

"Where are these forces going?"[/B] The man hesitated for a few seconds, the Stranger pushed his claws into his neck, poking the tender flesh. The necromancer spoke quickly.
[B]
"We are spliting up to find a dragon egg, the King wants it very badly." [/B]The Strangers eyes glew a bit brighter. He smiled to himself as he thought about the prospects of finding this dragons egg, it would be interesting taming such a beast. He looked back to the necromancer, he spoke into the mans ear.
[B]
"Thank you for your help, Now, which way is the egg suppose to be?"[/B] The necromancer pointed off into the forest, his arm and hand shaking in fear for his life. The Stranger looking off into the darkness, smiling to himself then looking back to the necromancer. Speaking into his ear.
[B]
"Now, I will leave. Thank you for your help, but I cannot let you tell anyone I was here, so goodnight."[/B] And with one claw he cut the mans major artery and vocal cords. He dropped the bleeding body and took off into the forest. Running on all fours to get there as fast as possible, trying to out run the forces behind him. He soon saw a village up ahead, his sharp vision catching the shapes of large creatures and their wings, with smaller figuers by them.

He slid to a halt and stayed on the edge of the forest, he saw as one of the riders took off into the air. The female elf he had seen earlier had to look of anger and sadness written all over her face, the male elf was obvious furious. The Stranger had recognized the rider that flew away, remembering him very clearly and vividly. Anger flaring up inside of him at the memory of what he had done to the Stranger long ago.

The Stranger grinded his, then roared as loud as he could. Making such a terrible sound that it made the people standing in the village jump then look into the forest, the dragons even looking into the forest to see what could possible make such a horrible sound. He straightened himself out and walked into the visible light, his face blank but his eyes filled with anger and hate. He fist were clenched and his eyes looking to both the riders. He spoke in a harsh and rage filled voice.
[B]
"Which one of you let him go? Who let that man fly away?"[/B] The Stranger looked swiftly to each of the elves, seeing the gold egg on the elf males dragon but ignoring for now. He wanted answers and wanted them now.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed]Aoki spun quickly at the sound of the question being hailed in his direction. He focused his eyes on the stranger that was brought into heoul haven earlier, and relaxed, his sword lowering slightly, but only slightly.

"He left of his own accord stranger, as you can see, we have our hands full with other matters."

Aoki calmly points his sword upwards and words spill from his tongue, the runeblade igniting and blasting a bolt of flame upwards, peircing the heart of a Hell Mountain dragon, the rider toppling off and getting crushed under the fallen reptiles weight. Aoki's eyes never left the stranger however, as he flipped his blade over and stuck it in the ground, leaning his weight on it.

"Besides, he could have killed her, and he chose not to. I had no reason to stop him after Barcain basically snapped his spine with a lash from his tail. What brings you out this far into the woods anyway? Did you find the prey you were hunting earlier?"

'Careful my friend, he seems to be quite agitated. I would not test his temper.'
'Oh c'mon Scortch, he knows we let him go earlier when we could've killed him for trespassing on Heoul's holy forests. I don't think he'd start a fight here. At least I hope not, I'd like to fight alongside him, not against him.'
'Agreed.....however i still think you should be cautious'

Aoki glanced back at his sister Arya, frowning as she dropped to her knees, sobbing into her hands. Barcain defensively wrapped his wing around the stricken rider, looking into Aoki's eyes. Aoki nodded, and turned back to the stranger, the other Hell Riders beginning thier descent. Aoki quickly yanked his sword up, and flipped backwards, landing on Scortch's snout, then propelled himself straight up, slapping his right palm on the underbelly of a dragon. He closed his eyes and spoke ancient words, his Rider symbol glowing painfully bright. The dragon's body seemed to expand, and as Aoki dropped away, catching an arrow from the rider right before it hit his face, the dragon exploded in a burst of flames and gore. The rider was thrown, plummeting to the ground. Plummeting, that is, untill Scortch helped himself to a nice snack, crunching the Hell Rider between his powerful jaws.

"You don't mind if we take care of these guys first before we start answering questions do you?" Aoki asks the stranger, his blade already glowing with another spell.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Arya dropped to her knees crying, she had caught a glimps of the neckalsce as he took off.
'He knew me...he wasn't going to hurt me.'
'How can you be sure of that Arya?'
I saw the necklace. You go back with Aoki with the egg, I want to be alone for a while.'
'Arya, I don't think that's a good idea...what about all these other hell riders?'
'I'll stay linked with you directly, Aoki can hendle them.'
Barcain could feel the storm raging in her and felt that should deserved sometime alone. He nodded and lumbered off towards Aoki and Scrotch.
"Brother take the egg and go back to the Haven, I'll be back shortly. I just need to be alone."
"You can be alone there. You see these riders won't hesitate to kill you."
"I can out run them."
She spun on him then seeing the serious look in his eyes, thie same look he had gotten when they were children and she got into trouble. but she wasn't a child anymore. She met his hard gaze wiith one of her own, her hard exterior back she was once again the cold women from before.
"If I find him again, do not worry, I'll handle it."
"How? Running into his arms?"
Without thinking she drew the arrow back and let it fly landing a centameter by his foot.
"Stay out of this Aoki, you can't always protect me, I have to make some mistakes my-self."
He scoffed,
"This is the biggest one yet."
He shook his head and climbed onto Scrotch and took off, Barcainm following close behind. She looked up at the figure barely visible in the distance to took off at a dead run catching up quickly, seeing them land she noticed where they were going, the ghost town from where he left her all those years ago. She held the glove alittle tighter and ran till she was at the entrance of the town, she could see Malestorm large wings uncurl from around his rider and stood still hopeing that if he saw her he wouldn't try to kill her before talking to her, just in case she had her hand pointed tot eh ground in case she needed to create a quick sand storm for cover.[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]The Stranger growled to himself, his eyes glowing brighter as he watched Aoki dispatch several hell dragon riders. He watched as him and his sister aruged about the dragon rider they let escape, he watched as the sister shot and arrow at her own brothers feet. He kept his face blank and hard, he was in no mood for any sort of joke right now, especially after finding the man who had tortuered him so long ago.

His mind surguing with thoughts of ripping the rider apart. He saw Aoki's sister run off into the darkness, he immediatly started after her. Not caring if she shot at him, only caring if she took him to the rider. He felt a hand grab his shoulder, he turned his head too see Aoki grabbing his shoulder.
[B]
"Don't follow her, you might end up with an arrow in your head."[/B] The Stranger shook off his hand and continued forward. He knew the dangers of this, but he knew the reward for doing what he desired. He would follow her, he would watch them for as long as he could stand, then strike. He moved into the dark forest and ran on two legs, sniffing the air to keep track of the elf girl.

He manuvered through the thick coverage, staying at a slow pace to keep noise to a minimum. He did his best to keep the glow of his eyes dim and almost unnoticable, but it was rather difficult due to the anger surging through his vains. He kept his hat low over his face and soon found himself in a ghost village, this would provide maximum coverage.

He worked his way around the trees and came to an abandonded house, he snuck his way in and found a good vantage point. He settled himself down and watched as the elf girl approched the Hell rider. He was gonna keep his eyes open, ready for the perfect oppertunity to strike, and to rid himself of this man.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkRed]Aoki watched the stranger leave, shaking his head slowly. He knew the tamer could put up a decent fight with his sister, but he didnt know what the out come would be. He turned back to Scortch, and climbed up on the saddle, sighing heavily as he rested against one of the back spines.

'This whole mess is just getting worse by the minute my friend. We should go back to the haven and get this egg delivered swiftly, before any more riders show up.'
'Yeah, yeah. I guess its back to the haven then. Scortch..im worried. I don't think im going to see her again. The way that shes following this guy makes me feel as though shes obsessed more than in love.'

As Scortch lifted off, Barcain close behind, Aoki's gaze lingered on the forest, then his eyes changed to the golden egg. Wondering aloud, he folded his arms over his chest.

"All this for an egg? I hope she knows exactly what she's doing."
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Vincent fell off Maelstrom and hit the ground. Some of the bleeding had stopped but not all. He slowly stood up and walked down an old dirt road that had once taken him away from Ayra until he came to the spot where he had stood waiting on the wagon. At it was the old lampost that haunted his dreams. It was old and falling apart now. Vincent let out a yell as electricity flew from his hand tearing up a section of ground and leaving a long gash.

Maelstrom was right behind him when he heard the soft footsteps of Ayra and slowly turned around. He retracted his wings and took a step back, bowing his head as she passed shwoing that he would do no harm. Suddenly an unfamilier scent caught his attention. Someone else was here and was hiding in the trees. Maelstrom turned slighty away but kept watch at the treeline to of the corner of his eye.

[B]"I was told you were dead. They showed me your blood stained armor"[/B]

Vincent leaned against the lightpost. [B]"I keep promises Ayra. Never once did I break one..."[/B]

[B]"But you never came back after the war"[/B]

[B]"Not everything wanted to go as I planned. We were attacked and I was stabbed here." [/B] He pointed to his torso. [B]"They left me for dead as one of the dragons was about to have a little snack Maelstrom took out his eyes and flew me off to a nearby castle. It turned out to be the castle of the same lord you fight now, but at the time I was delirous and he took me in. little did I know of his plans at the time, but what was I to do. He saved me and maelstrom was young at the time and didn't know any better. I offered to repay him by serving as a general in his army..."[/B]

[B]"So then we are going to be mortal enemies..." [/B] Ayra was obviously not happy about what she was hearing.

Vincent held up a hand. [B]"No. I 'died' once...I can 'die' again. But for this to happen it will have to be in front of the others. A large force is moving in on the egg. I suggest you retreat for now and build for the next skirmish. If you fight now, your cause may be lost. I must leave you now but when the time comes you must have the courage and the faith on yourself to wound me with one of your arrows on the battlefield."[/B] He pointed to the scar where the sword had stabbed him. [B]"All this is scarred flesh and this is where you must hit me. You must leave now so make haste"[/B]

Vincent snapped her fingers as Ayra went to protest Maelstrom had scopped her up and was taken her back to her dragon. [B]"May your aim be straight and true my love"[/B] He turned and looked out into the woods. [B]"Stranger!! I know your out there and listen to my voice! What happened that year is unforgivable and I know that! That day will live for eternity among others on my consciousness. But unless you want Ayra's wrath upon you, I suggest you rethink your actions" [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Smiling at the family she had helped the day before and she was ready to move on. Heading towards the outskirts of town where she had tied her horse. She had gotten a message to find Vincent and make sure that he was following the orders as planned. He was showing some resistance according to the King, which wasn't good. At least in the King's eyes.

To be honest with herself she wasn't to into the mission, yet she got to see Vincent which was an obvious plus. She had always tried to catch his eye though he always seemed to have something else on his mind. She wasn't going to give up anytime soon. Reaching her horse she petted his nose and rubbed his side as she jumped atop of him.

The horse instantly rushed forward in the direction Vincent was rumored to be in.

~Five hours later~

Slowing the horse down, Maura jumped off and patted the horse's nose. Speaking to him in a gentle tone she told him to stay and not to wander to far. She figured it would be best to continue on foot through the woods. Stepping carefully through the woods Maura toke care where she stepped and keep her noise to a mininamum. Creeping she felt the presence of a beast, more specifically a dragon.

She sucked in a sharp breath and crouched as she peeped around trying to figure how to get out of this situation.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Turenn
Radrith walked into the Imperial fortress with all the courage he could muster. This was the culmination of everything he had worked for his entire life. He was now working for the imperial army.

As Radrith entered he noticed something was going on. He was not quite sure what it was, but he knew it was big. Messengers were going between rooms rushing commands and information back and forth. As one passed by he grabbed her. ?What is happening?? he asked. ?We have found an egg and the enemy is putting up a good fight for it.? The young messenger said.

With this new Radrith sew the potential for power. I wonder what the imperials would do for a dragon egg. He thought to himself.

He looked to the messenger. ?Where is the commander of the ground forces? I need to report in.? The messenger led him to the commander and he was handed orders right away.

He left the command room and opened his orders. The message read; go to one of the small villages around Brumium. We must from a distraction if we are to get the egg. Go to one of the distant towns and cause trouble.

With that Radrith headed out on his first mission.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Maelstrom dropped Ayra off then took off back to Vincent. Along the way he spotted a horse a little ways off from the ghost town. [I]Lunch[/I]. Maelstrom swooped down and was about to grabbed the horse when he noticed the Impire markings on the saddle. [I]Master, we have another guest. Seems you are popular. You get around the block alot?[/I]

Vincent frowned. [B]"Shutup Maelstrom. Find them and bring them to me" [/B] He sat down and began working on his wounds.

Maelstrom saw a girl creeping from building to building, getting nearer and nearer to Vincent. He swooped down and grebbed her by the shoulders and hoisted her in the ai as she let out a scream. [I]Its an impire scout, master. [/I] Maelstrom dropped the girl in front of Vincent then landed right behind her with his wings spread blocking her in.

Vincent looked her up and down. [B]"I wouldn't try escaping. He hasn't been fed yet. Now what would an Impire scout be spying on me for?" [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]The Stranger watched as Vincent and a new person arrived, he growled to himself and watched as the dragon circled around. He stood up straight and fixed his hat, then walked out into the light. Vincent looking at him unsuprised, the other jumped up instantly and was ready for battle. The Stranger walked towards them until he was ten feet away. Stranger looked to the scout first.
[B]
"I don't want you. I want him."[/B] The Stranger changed his gaze to Vincent as he said it and pointed as well. Vincent looked straight into the Strangers glowing eyes.
[B]
"I've already said that what I have done is unforgivable, neither of us will ever forget it. But you had better rethink anything you are about to do."[/B] The Stranger growled at him.
[B]
"I need to worry about nothing, the elf girl is of no consequence to me. You owe me a lifetime worth of memories, people call me Stranger because I can't remember my own name. And unless you can give them back to me, nothing anyone can say or do will deter me from killing you."[/B] The human woman moved in front of him, she had no weapons in her hand, but the Stranger could feel the presence of magic and smell it on her. He still did not move from his spot.
[B]
"My conflict is not with you, it is with him. Now get out of the way, we need to settle this."[/B] She didn't move and was in a fighting stance, but she stood up straight when a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned to see Vincents hand on her shoulder.
[B]
"He's right, this is between me and him. Don't get involved."[/B] She moved out of the way as he moved up a little, he stopped holding himself up and gave the appearance of working at one hundred percent. The Stranger got a lowered position, like an animal ready to pounce. His claws extended, he bared his teeth at Vincent and was ready to strike. That was, until he took a sniff of the air and smelled blood, he looked harder and saw a dark stain on Vincent shirt.

The Stranger stopped baring his teeth and stood up straight, he lowered his hands and sighed heavily. He looked to the rider and kept his face blank, he sighed once more and then began to speak.

[B]"I may want to kill you, but I do live by a code of honor. And with you bleeding like that, this would be a quickly fight. I would recieve no satisfaction from that."[/B] The Stranger turned to his left and started wlaking off in the direction of the Rebels hide out. He reached the edge of the forest and stopped, he turned abck around and pointed at Vincent.[B]

"Next time we meet, your mine."[/B] And with that said, the Stranger bolted off into the darkness, running on all fours to get their faster. He had made the choice to join this war, and he was gonna make damn sure that he was on the opposing side of the Hell rider.[/SIZE][/COLOR]