OtakuBoards

need suggestions for movies/shows

Guest andreaxjean

Guest andreaxjean
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm looking for comedy related anime. So far I've been told that these are pretty good:

Girls Bravo
Ikki Tousen
Tenhojo Tenge
Fruit Basket
Tsubasa
Card Captor Sakura

Please, if anyone can think of any others that they think I might like, let me know.

My friend Jess just recently introduced me to anime. I used to think it was kind of weird but some of it can be really funny. Spirited Away was a really good movie. I was also told that Princess Mononoke is a good one. I'm planning on buying that.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well there's only one other one that I can think of that you might want to add to that list, Gokusen. Yeah, I think it's pretty good, it may not be as funny as those other ones but, it has it's moments^^ So, it's kinda action/adventure/comedy but, yeah, try Gokusen^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=andreaxjean][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm looking for comedy related anime. So far I've been told that these are pretty good:

Girls Bravo
Ikki Tousen
Tenhojo Tenge
Fruit Basket
Tsubasa
Card Captor Sakura

Please, if anyone can think of any others that they think I might like, let me know.

My friend Jess just recently introduced me to anime. I used to think it was kind of weird but some of it can be really funny. Spirited Away was a really good movie. I was also told that Princess Mononoke is a good one. I'm planning on buying that.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Well, I guess galaxy angel and megman nt warrior are both comedy related. They are both very funny and crazy in some parts. card captor sakura is pretty good, and it also has a lot of funny parts. You might like the two that I recomended, but I'm not positive that you'll like them. They both are very good, and if you like scifi/fantasy as well as comedy then I think that these too might be good for you.

[size=1][color=slategray]You have not lived if you haven't seen [B]Tenchi Muyo![/B] or one of it's offspring series. ([B]Tenchi Universe[/b];[b] Tenchi in Tokyo[/B])
Sure, the series in general can be corny, but it's never failed to amuse me. I've been a Tenchi fan for as long as I can remember, basically. And if you are looking for a good comedy, then check out a few episodes and see if it tickles your fancy.

What's better than a houseful of alien women and a clueless/innocent teenage boy?

Hohoho.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Black][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Times New Roman]FLCL definitely is a funny show, it's zaniness is what makes it! Cat Soup is an anime movie that won awards and is absolutely hilarious - there are no words, only sounds... CardCaptor Sakura and Chobits both have their funny moments, but they also have their serious ones. If you're looking for just funny Clamp, try finding Miyuki-chan in Wonderland - a one-shot manga and anime. It's a little yuri (girl-girl) but not in the romantic sense, it's just used for embarassment of the main character. Excel Saga is also a funny series - poking fun at all types of anime stereotypes at every opportunity. IDK - can't think of any others at the moment :babble:[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Guest HogoshaEnzeru
If your into the whole SiFi/Gunslinger thing, you should totally go for Trigun. There are many parts that are funny, but be warned, you may just cry too.

[color=#007520][size=4][b]A simple reminder:[/b][/size]

Posts should be written in a clear manner. Proper grammar and spelling are emphasized, and when suggestions are made, discussion fodder should be included. Descriptions of the series, personal opinions, and/or other reviews help describe a series/movie to the person asking for them. If these continue to be missing from posts, and the thread degrades, it will be closed.

-r2[/color]

I have one to suggest: Jubei-chan. Here's a plot summary:

~*~
Yagyu Jubei was the best swordsman in the land. When he died, he left behind the Lovely Eyepatch. Whoever wears it gains the power of the great Yagyu Jubei! You think anyone would love to have the Lovely Eyepatch, right? Well then, you don't know Jiyu Nanohana. Her father calls her Jubei, but she's not THE Jubei. She just wants to be a normal girl; when Koinosuke, Yagyu Jubei's 300-year-old apprentice, offers her the eyepatch, she's not very willing to wear the thing.
But, Jubei-chan doesn't have much of a choice. The Ryujoji clan has harbored a grudge against Yagyu Jubei for 300 years, and they have been waiting for him to return. Jubei-chan must use the eyepatch to fight the assassins the Ryujoji send after her, and still manage a normal lifestyle.
~*~

Of course, the summary doesn't really tell you how funny the anime actually is. The first four episodes are pretty zany, and then later the more serious elements come up. But, for the most part, this anime is a comedy. And yes, the whole Lovely Eyepatch thing is real. You can tell it's a comedy anime just for that fact. Try the first episode if you can; if you don't instantly love it, then maybe it's not for you.

A good series that a lot of people enjoy that you might is DNAngel. On one hand it's a school comedy with your classic love triangle (er- make that a quadra-angle), and on the flip side it's got a bunch of action and magic. It blends it all in smoothly. I strongly reccomend it to anime newcomers just for its light-hearted humor.

If you you want to watch someting light-hearted and funny you could try Fullmetal Panic: Fumoffu(only about 13 eps) and you should definately give Fullmetal Panic( the first series) a try, alot of cool action but the comedic character interactions will leave you in stiches.