OtakuBoards

...Real Gundam, Possible to make?

black_vegeta

Guest Saiyaman
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Remember MGS? The only reason they built Metal Gear Rex is because the designer was an Otaku. He wanted to build robots like the ones in Japanese Anime. [/B][/QUOTE]

1 : Call me stupid but what exactly is MGS?
2 : Metal Gear Rex is what exactly?
3 : I have no clue what Otaku actually means
4 : Is this Gundam related or just a example?

I might not be new anymore but still don't know everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]

1 : Call me stupid but what exactly is MGS?
2 : Metal Gear Rex is what exactly?
3 : I have no clue what Otaku actually means
4 : Is this Gundam related or just a example?

I might not be new anymore but still don't know everything. [/B][/QUOTE]

1. MGS is Metal Gear Solid, its a Playstation game. Go buy it it's fun.
2. Play the game you'll find out.
3. Otaku means "crazed fan" in Japanese

My thoughts on Gundams. I don't think that any of us will see sixty meter tall flashy mecha that battle in space blowing things apart and slamming each other into the planet below only for the gundam to get up and hcarge back into combat. I think that first we will see smaller versions of mecha. Such as the smaller models from Exo Squad and tanks with legs. But even before that we will simply see super armored humans, like the Space Troopers from Star Wars. These guys were simply humans with a rocket pack, a proton torpedo launcher, and loads of armor. One day I will have loads of money and develop something that will remind me of teen passions like the gundam series.

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_vegeta [/i]
[B]

lol, I see what you mean

Yet and still, i did a google search for "real mechs", and found this article with a picture of a leaked government prototype, check it out...

[url=http://www.nationalexposer.com/dec012000-1.htm]http://www.nationalexposer.com/dec012000-1.htm[/url]

Is this a real "gundam" or mech prototype, I don't know, I guess we will have to wait until the government lets us know! [/B][/QUOTE]

*cough* Computor generated! *cough*

Well, first the gov. would have to spend more money than Bill Gates does on pocet protecters. Second of all, we don't have the technoligy to make a Gundam.....I doubt we have space stations orbiting the Earth making beam saber and such. Third, if they could make Gundams, Afganistan wouldn't be there right now......Especially if I had BlackWing... Eh, Flash? Cossak vs. BlackWing......I'd love to be in that one...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]

*cough* Computor generated! *cough*

Well, first the gov. would have to spend more money than Bill Gates does on pocet protecters. Second of all, we don't have the technoligy to make a Gundam.....I doubt we have space stations orbiting the Earth making beam saber and such. Third, if they could make Gundams, Afganistan wouldn't be there right now......Especially if I had BlackWing... Eh, Flash? Cossak vs. BlackWing......I'd love to be in that one... [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't expect to see Mechs anytime soon, but maybe exoskeleton things. Anyone ever read any of the 'Alien' comic type stuff? Mox suits and stuff. (10 feet tall, bit Exoskeleton things. Pretty basic, equipped with Flamethrowers and stuff.)
Or prehaps 'Suits', like in Bubblegum crisis... Just like really powerful armour.

Cossack Vs. BlackWing, eh? *runs off to make new Gundam RPG*

[B]You never know, it could be true![/B]

The public gets censored too much, the goverment or maybe a secret organisation could have already built them! [B]Gundams could be tested in underground chambers as we type![/B]

Some peopel think that technology today is incredible, i believe that it is nothing compared to what is being hidden.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_vegeta [/i]
[B]Hey guys,

I was just wondering, I know their are some type of mechs out there (government project, prototypes, etc), but do you guys think that it possible for a real "gundam" (or gundam type machine), to be manufactued...

I think it is...

And I definitely think we will see some gundam or mech type machine that resembles a gundam in the next 10 - 20 years.

What do you guys think?

Reply with links, news, info...
Anything about real mechs, etc.... [/B][/QUOTE]

The prospect of us making Gundums is possible....But when we make them...it will be more than 10-20 years....To be able to make metal that strong and flexible...We don't have the cababilty yet..

ok

i just read an article in the scientific american about this. currently, they are working on prototypes for an exoskeleton suit, much like one would expect for a "primitive" mobile suit. they were talking about how useful it would, and the mechanics were easy, and how easy this one would be to operate.

the problem?
power. they haven't figured out an effecient power source for these things yet.

if they had, they said, they would have a working model already.

as it is, they are looking at working models in, say, three years.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well guys maybe ten years down the line this will happen but for now the answer is no!

First off we probably have some metals that are strong but no where near as strong as the one in the Gundam Shows. On top of that the power source has a lot of issues that arise with it. In order to get a fully capable mobile suit you would need a small nuclear reactor of some type!

As we know so far there is no way to condense the size of a nuclear reactor and if you were to hit the nuclear reactor of a Gundam it would cause way too much in damage to properties and civilian casualties and in all reality the risk are just far too great.

Just imagine if a fire or explosion broke out in the place where many of these things are held the damage would be far to catostrophic for even us to imagine. So what have we learn from all this nuclear reactors are and efficent source of energy but far too dangerous to put in a mech and its almost impossible to make a portable and stable version of one. So until we can find a truely revolutionary power source that will not cause damaged to the earth nor our own well being!

On top of that since Im sure someone will start to talk about space colonies somewhere in another post. The idea of space colonies is a good idea but at this point not yet fesable. First off take space stations for example they tend to stay up in space for about 30-50 years after that they come crashing down. So until we find a way of keeping them up there we shouldn't mess around.

Another problem that arises is not so much in how to get food or water. The food problem can be solved with the theory of biodomes and greenhouses. But you would have to make the conditions for both just right and not disturb the ecosystem of those structures. As for water that can be imported from other places and man made water structures can be made.

A problem that does arise is how to keep your oxygen source at necessary levels. First off we do not know how to "recycle our own oxygen yet like they do in the show" sure we could add some plants and stuff but eventually the source no matter what you do would strain the demands of the people living there.

Probably the only way to get a Space Colony up and running is to terraform the whole thing years in advance and find a way to keep it up there cause if it decides to come down terrible things could happen on the earth. And if we did learn how to terraform things then we probably would try to terraform another planet then a space colony.

Well thats just a bit off insight from myself hope no one minds this long post but I thought I would try to get this thread a little more lively with some of these theories!:D

I gotta read it someday, but who else thinks that Mobile suits are already built?

I'm positive they're here already, I mean, the US government tried hidding the fact they have a flying saucer! Has anyone see the documentary where a scienctist tried to explain how they work?

The poor guy had all his records cleared to make it look like he never existed..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[B]Hey guys,

I was just wondering, I know their are some type of mechs out there (government project, prototypes, etc), but do you guys think that it possible for a real "gundam" (or gundam type machine), to be manufactued...

I think it is...

And I definitely think we will see some gundam or mech type machine that resembles a gundam in the next 10 - 20 years.

What do you guys think?

Reply with links, news, info...

Anything about real mechs, etc.... [/B][/QUOTE]
What, are you talking about, have you lost it? Do you know how much it would cost to make, how much pollution would be caused, and the amount of hippies standing around with banners there would be, but still kool idea though!

i just hope one of our generation can build one.
the advantages to normal weapons of this era are emense.
then again if we come up with this stuff, lets keep it in the right hands.

No god-damn way. Period. We don't have the technology to build anything close to a real gundam.

Though if they did you'd see me in one of those. Ah what fun to step on hippies

Nice topic. Makes me think.

Hmm.....I think it is possible that the government is prob. making a mech. Maybe not a gundam but definately something. Besides, sony was able to make toy robot that walks and moves around like a normal human being. So I wouldn't be surprized. But I do know that if they REALLY have one, I'll join the military in a heart beat!:D

I heard something about this a while back, I can't remember where though. I agree with Rick hunter, the power source would be a pretty hard thing to take care of, and it would be hard making them mobile enough with all of those weapons. If they do start on one sometime in the future, I think it would look like some sort of small exoskeleton.

yea. no way we could power it. also maybe it would look like the exosuit from the second alien movie "aliens" that movie rocked and it was a good depiction of what we should start with. heck what they show in that movie would maybe be possible now; but there would be no use because something like that could only be built by a few people and those people have access to things like apaches and fighter jets and for now those are the most powerful.
it just wouldnt be worth it until we can make one that is really what we all have seen. and thats impossible with a power source.

well you are right gotenks, the power source would be a bit dodgy, they wouldnt exactly plug it in to the mains. I may be nuts at this moment but a good source of power would be infra red, but if it was to get damaged then thats that!
Solar power would be no good for you could only use it in the day, and not night, which is the best time for stealth abilities.

Oh well, its not our problem, its for the military to decide!! lol :laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]Oh well, its not our problem, its for the military to decide!! lol :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=blue]
But...What if the military want us to come up with the solution?[/COLOR]
[B]"UNCLE SAM NEEDS YOU!"[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kouberei [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=blue]
But...What if the military want us to come up with the solution?[/COLOR]
[B]"UNCLE SAM NEEDS YOU!"[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

Youre a funny guy kouberei, yes i know that the country may need us, it aint my country!
:mrt:

I read in some Pojo, thingie my friend has, that they are making one right now and should be done by 2025. No weapons though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Atomic Sock [/i]
[B]I read in some Pojo, thingie my friend has, that they are making one right now and should be done by 2025. No weapons though. [/B][/QUOTE]

For anyone to believe that, it would depend on what type of robot is being created, military type or just fun type. If fun type then yeah sure why not, the article could be true. But dont you think a military type one will be top secret, not allowing the public to know about it?
Guessing by the fact that it has no weapons then it must be the fun type, sounds cool though! :cool: