OtakuBoards

fave christmas song

Guest linkinpark27

Guest linkinpark27
heylo pplz! its that time of the year and i was wondering wat is your fave christmas song of all time?! mine is all i want for christmas is you- by mariah carey....i dont like her but i like the song! tell me wat is ur fave christmas song? :D

[FONT=Arial]Welcome to Otakuboards, Linkinpark27.

Please try to improve your post quality. We encourage using good grammar, spelling, and punctuation here (basic English class stuff, and not internet speak like "ur" and "ppl." )

I'm going to leave the thread open for discussion. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any other moderator, and be sure to check out the [U][URL=http://otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL][/U]. Enjoy your stay here!

Personally, I find Christmas music to be a little bit annoying. A few radio stations are playing nothing but Christmas music until December 26-ish, and it seems they only have about five to choose from. I heard that Mariah Carey song twice in under thirty minutes on the exact same station yesterday.

That's not to say I don't like Christmas music, though. Some of it can be really nice, such as Little Drummer Boy, Carol of the Bells, and a lot of carols. I really like the music from the Polar Express; last year, the chorus I was in performed a medley from it, and it was a lot of fun.

However, absolutely NOTHING can be compared to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They've remade a lot of Christmas songs into metal masterpieces, such as Carol of the Bells and O Holy Night. Whenever I mention them to someone, though, they have no idea what I'm talking about until I mention the beer commercial featuring the house with the flashing Christmas lights playing Wizards in Winter, one of their greatest original songs.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr][FONT=Arial']However, absolutely NOTHING can be compared to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They've remade a lot of Christmas songs into metal masterpieces, such as Carol of the Bells and O Holy Night. [/FONT][/quote]I don't know about that. ;) Though I won't argue that they did a good job in doing the songs, personally I find the metal slant and feel to the songs rather annoying. Though I suppose that's more of a pesonal taste and not an indication of whether or not the music is good. I just know that I don't care for it. And to be honest that applies to most metal music, it's just not my thing.

I'm more partial to Mannheim Steamroller as they've done a great job of blending Renaissance-flavored moods and instrumentation (strings, harpsichord, flute, French horn) with a bit of light pop instrumental music thrown in.

Other types of Christmas music is tolerable I suppose, but given a chance I'll take Mannheim Steamroller any day over the rest.

[quote name='linkinpark27']heylo pplz! its that time of the year and i was wondering wat is your fave christmas song of all time?! mine is all i want for christmas is you- by mariah carey....i dont like her but i like the song! tell me wat is ur fave christmas song? :D[/quote]

i kinda like that song too, but my favorite is chritmas cannon or whatever it's called. It's a really good christmas song but i never hear it on the radio anymores. I did last year. Tommorows chritmas eve, and i fi don't have any songs stuck in my head by then, i don't know when i will.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

[I]Wonderful Christmas Time[/I] by Paul McCartney gets the vote from me, of all the songs repeated ad-infinitum at Christmas, this is one of the few that I actually continually hum along with and enjoy, rather than wanting to destroy the source of whatever is playing the seasonal tunes.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I'm more partial to Mannheim Steamroller as they've done a great job of blending Renaissance-flavored moods and instrumentation (strings, harpsichord, flute, French horn) with a bit of light pop instrumental music thrown in.

Other types of Christmas music is tolerable I suppose, but given a chance I'll take Mannheim Steamroller any day over the rest.[/QUOTE]You have excellent taste in music hun. ;) And seeing what your user name is I'm not surprised. Rachmaninoff's music is beautiful, even more so in a live performance.

Anyway, I?ve always been partial to older styled classical music and Mannheim Steamroller does an excellent job in delivering it. Even the light pop influence is well balanced and I find that I enjoy listening to it.

The other type of Christmas music I like the best is vocal music along the lines of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I rather enjoy listening to them perform various Christmas songs.

But my absolute favorite Christmas song is actually the Messiah by George Frideric Handel. And out of those I like Hallelujah the best. I positively adore that music and it?s one of the things I miss most since my vision began to trouble me since I often was the organist for various groups when they would perform different parts of this work for Christmas.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom]You have excellent taste in music hun. ;) And seeing what your user name is I'm not surprised. Rachmaninoff's music is beautiful, even more so in a live performance. [/QUOTE]Thank you, I'd have to say the same for you as well. ;) And I'd also have to say I'm envious. I've yet to catch a live performance of anything done by Rachmaninoff. I keep having the bad luck of needing to be elsewhere when there actually is a concert where his music is being performed.[QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom']But my absolute favorite Christmas song is actually the Messiah by George Frideric Handel. And out of those I like Hallelujah the best. I positively adore that music and it?s one of the things I miss most since my vision began to trouble me since I often was the organist for various groups when they would perform different parts of this work for Christmas.[/quote]How could I forget the Messiah! I've outgrown my religious side, but there's just no mistaking how beautiful that work by Handel really is. I'm rather partial to Hallelujah myself as well. I'm pretty sure I have the entire performance on CD somewhere. I really should go pull it out and listen to it.

[SIZE=1]I absolutely love Christmas music. I have alot of favorites, but I'll only mention several.

One would be the classic, Silent Night. I have alot of memories of my mom singing this to my brother and I when we were little. So its very soothing. Another would be Little Drummer Boy. My dad would sing this to us when we were younger. Both songs have alot of sentimental value for me, not to mention the meaning of them.

A few other songs I thougroughly enjoy are "Emmanuel" by Amy Grant, and "Mary Did You Know". Both songs are beautiful, but as I've mentioned, there are many more.

On a little side note here, Merry Christmas![/SIZE]