OtakuBoards

Nintendo Power

kizu

Do you have a Subscriptioon to Nintendo Power?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Subscriptioon to Nintendo Power?

• Yes
    • No
    • I use too.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I miss my Nintendo Powers. Nothing like picking up a gaming magazine now that only has 4 or 5 pages for Nintendo, then 80 different pages with adds, and then biased reports on GAMECUBE games, and only GREAT reviews for PS2 and X-Box. . that just gets annoying too fast.

Nintendo Power, while biased (it is only Nintendo, what do you expect?) provides good information on upcoming games, behind the scenes, and their guides are ALWAYS good for the games they do. If I get strategy guides, I make sure they are from Nintendo Power, as they are the best in that!

I might resubscribe in the next few months, it just depends on a few things ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I had a subscription for a year back in.....96 or 97 I forget, but it was just so...tiny, heh and they only covered a few games per issue. I just didn't renew it and stuck w/ my EGM subscription. Besides unless you only have nintendo systems, you're better off w/ EGM. I had a subscription to gamepro for a few years beforehand too, but around 96' or 97 gamepro turned all crappy, too many games get a "perfect" 5.0's all the way accross. EGM is giving too many games perfect scores too, soul calibur, Metal gear solid, both Zelda's on N64, ah...halo, other stuff, oh well....at least my Nintendo power's don't take up much room.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]I had a subscription for a year back in.....96 or 97 I forget, but it was just so...tiny, heh and they only covered a few games per issue. I just didn't renew it and stuck w/ my EGM subscription. Besides unless you only have nintendo systems, you're better off w/ EGM. I had a subscription to gamepro for a few years beforehand too, but around 96' or 97 gamepro turned all crappy, too many games get a "perfect" 5.0's all the way accross. EGM is giving too many games perfect scores too, soul calibur, Metal gear solid, both Zelda's on N64, ah...halo, other stuff, oh well....at least my Nintendo power's don't take up much room. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, to be honest, I think that most of the other multi-gamer magazines have been swept up in the X-Box hype and the PS2 power that is going on. They tend to badmouth most of Nintendo's games before they even have a chance to show their true potential. It is sad, thus why I stopped reading almost all the gaming magazines. =/
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Yes, well, does anyone know how to get one sent to you if you live overseas like me? :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Maybe try going to Nintendo.com and see if they have a link. . Or just e-mail either Nintendo or Nintendo Power, and see if they have the ability to do it. I think it would be a bit more expensive then normal, but I suppose you know that, right? ^_^

Sorry I can't provide more help then that. . but I just email places where I have questions =P
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Maybe try going to Nintendo.com and see if they have a link. . Or just e-mail either Nintendo or Nintendo Power, and see if they have the ability to do it. I think it would be a bit more expensive then normal, but I suppose you know that, right? ^_^

Sorry I can't provide more help then that. . but I just email places where I have questions =P
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok then, thanks man. I'll e-mail Nintendo Power. :)

[color=indigo]Yes! I love Nintendo Power! I've been a subscriber for almost two years now, and I have a subscription for another two. I also have a bunch of old issues that my brother gave to me when he moved out.

If you need Nintendo Power's e-mail address, here's the one for asking things like that: [email][email protected][/email]

And here's an index that I've made for all the issues of Nintendo Power that I have:[/color]

I've been suscribed to NP for over four years I think. My first issue was 97. NP is a good magazine if you like nintendo. Of course it's baised for the same reason that NA already said, but I think it reviews it's games fairly. I don't think NP mails to any other countries but the US and Canada, but I'm sure that you can find another nintendo magazine.

My favrite part of NP is Players Plus too. I remember that letter too, I think it said "Ganandorf, boxers or briefs?" And they answered that he wore chainlink undies and once link kicked him once and it put him out of comision for a week. I thought it was one of the funniest one I've read.

[color=indigo]LOL! I remember that letter! That one had me laughing for a good couple of minutes!
The envelope art is sometimes funny too. Back in the January 2000 issue, there was one of Link without his shirt on. Off to the right, there was Misty "swooning" and Bomberman complaining that Link never leaves the rest of the male characters anything. That has to be the funniest envelope art I've seen! LOL![/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, sometimes I'll just go through my old issues, just reading the letters. And it takes me awhile, since I probobly have about 75 issues. More than half of those were given to me by my brother when he moved out. The latest issue that he gave me is volume 60.
One thing I really wish they'd bring back, is the old Power Charts. Sure, the new ones are interesting, but I want to know which games are the most popular! I think they should have an entire page devoted to the Power Charts, (that's seperate from Player's Pulse) and have both the old and the new.
They should have four pages for letters, one page for Envolope Art and one page for the Power Charts.[/color]

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for mine. They use to come anout 15 days befoe the month started but now they come about 15 days after the month has started. It kinda sucks. Waht is on the cover of the Jan. issue?

[color=indigo]The extra cover that subscribers get over the normal cover is of Captain Olimar looking at a blue flower Pikmin which is in ground. It's a small picture with the rest just black.

Here's a picture of the normal cover:[/color]