OtakuBoards

One Piece Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Tatsubei Yagyu

Franky and Zoro were kind of void in the chapter... Granted I'm sure Franky has upgraded him self and the single shot we have a Zoro so far is the cover shot of him with a scar over his eye.

I'm curious what happens when the Imposters mess with Luffy. Is he going to just kick their butt or use some crazy new ability on them to shrug them off

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, yeah, Sanji is an idiot lol. Can't say I'm really digging Nami's long hair. Not saying I don't like long hair, it's just Nami don't look right with it to me. If she's going with that look I'd rather see her have it in a ponytail. I'm digging Robin's look as well as Usopp. Boy, who would've ever thought that he'd come back buff diesel? Chopper on the otherhand, I think I just became even more less of a fan of his. (I was not much of a fan of his to begin with) I just don't see how he can really be that naive. I understand that people can change, but come on, Robin being that short and you can't tell...? Seriously? Brook, Brook, Brook, heh, no comment lol. Luffy on the otherhand, well, I don't really have much to say there either. Like I said, I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone will reunite as well as seeing what everyone can do.

I don't like Franky's design at all though.

[quote name='Phenom' date='30 September 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1285904183' post='700827']
Uh, yeah, Sanji is an idiot lol. Can't say I'm really digging Nami's long hair. Not saying I don't like long hair, it's just Nami don't look right with it to me. If she's going with that look I'd rather see her have it in a ponytail. I'm digging Robin's look as well as Usopp. Boy, who would've ever thought that he'd come back buff diesel? Chopper on the otherhand, I think I just became even more less of a fan of his. (I was not much of a fan of his to begin with) I just don't see how he can really be that naive. I understand that people can change, but come on, Robin being that short and you can't tell...? Seriously? Brook, Brook, Brook, heh, no comment lol. Luffy on the otherhand, well, I don't really have much to say there either. Like I said, I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone will reunite as well as seeing what everyone can do.

I don't like Franky's design at all though.
[/quote]

Well they really haven't shown Franky or Zoro yet... All we've seen of them is the cover picture... for all we know franky might have differant modes (like chopper's zoan ablities) that make him look differant.

[quote name='Phenom' date='01 October 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1285904183' post='700827']
Chopper on the otherhand, I think I just became even more less of a fan of his. (I was not much of a fan of his to begin with) I just don't see how he can really be that naive. I understand that people can change, but come on, Robin being that short and you can't tell...? Seriously?
[/quote]

Well... Chopper's a reindeer... I bet all humans look the same to him... :P

Also, awesome return... I'm not too impressed with Zorro's re-design... Oh, well.

I agree with Ace. Slap some triangular shades on Ussop!

I barely noticed the change in Sanji's hair. D: I thought it was almost the same. Guess he does have an eye under there. My bet is that his old eye rotted due to being with a lot of transvestites... XD or he is resting it for the ladies.\

---- to avoid a double-post---

I just read the latest chapter. Notice how Zoro seemed to have misplaced his lost eye... > >
[attachment=14903:zoro.jpg] Edited by jomz

I like Zoro new look he realy didn' change much other than losin an eye. Also I am wondering how that happened??? Sill want to know how Luffy got that scar too.....

Franky finally got rid of that Elvis hair thank god. I'm not sure if I like or hate his new look. Cause he is here to PUMP U UP!!!

Luffy"s Haki is awesome. I expected him to do more ass kicking than that to the fake Luffy but Luffy was told to have a low profile by Hancock...

Also looks like no fo the Amazon women are joining the crew :(

[quote name='rotlung' date='07 October 2010 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1286460672' post='700958']
Franky finally got rid of that Elvis hair thank god. I'm not sure if I like or hate his new look. Cause he is here to PUMP U UP!!![/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]You're probably the first person I've encountered who doesn't miss the Ace Ventura pomp. Oh well, to each their own.[/font]

[quote name='rotlung' date='07 October 2010 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1286460672' post='700958']Also looks like no fo the Amazon women are joining the crew :(
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Personally, I was kind of hoping Camie would join up, but thinking realistically, she's probably still not old enough for her tail to split, so she'd probably just spend most of her time hanging out in the Sunny's fish tank and being a helpless kidnappee that they'd have to rescue twice per arc, which would get annoying.

Then again, their next location is underwater. Maybe they can take her along and she can learn some way to defend herself?[/font]

[quote name='rotlung' date='09 October 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1286665069' post='701017']
I could totally see her learning Fishman Karate from Jimbei lol which would be awesome
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Dunno about Fishman Karate, from what we saw of Kuroobi, the stances kind of require two legs to get into. There might be an alternate style for Merpeople, though. Actually, if she gets the right level of arm strength to hold herself up for a bit, getting slapped with a giant fish tail could hurt a lot on top of being extremely funny. Especially considering the muscular structure of the average fish that size.

Holy crap, she could be lethal if trained right. Camie for Straw Hats![/font]

I think Jimber will be a starw hat friend and not a crewmate. The same can be said for the Hancock and company as well as Rayleigh and Shanky.

Now that the whole crew is almost back together it should be very interesting... they just need to pick up Brooks, Zoro Sanji and Luffy.

I actually don't find that to be great at all.

And to be honest, I'm a little aggrivated with this chapter. After all the anticipation I had the 1st 2 weeks with the return, that quickly diminished with this chapter. While it's not bad (and it's probably because I'm getting a little impatient with everyone getting back together) I didn't think it was good either. The main thing that really got me is Luffy's stupidity. Now I don't expect him to smarten up. Hell, I didn't expect expect him to gain any type of knowledge whatsoever, but the one thing I do expect from him is to be able to know his crew. Come on, this guy recruited every single one of these people and he can't tell the difference with his own crew? I get it, it's been 2 years, people can change but there is still a feature there you'd be able to notice about them. This is exactly why I cannot stand this type of character as a main character. It's a big peeve of mine as well. (I'll never understand why creators keep using that role either) Edited by Phenom

[quote name='The Professor' date='15 October 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1287100950' post='701095']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][spoiler]FRANKY'S HAIR GROWS BACK ON COMMAND![/spoiler]

I love you, Oda-sensei![/font]
[/quote]

I was amused. Yes.

Now I am wondering what else he can do. But I guess that will be "showcased" once Luffy arrives. Franky does love to show off his stuff. XD

The thing about Luffy beinging tricked is interesting. Granted he thinks they are in disguise like he is. When he makes the realization I want some butt kicking to insue. That and some Marine bashing :)

If not I'll be completely disappointed or if he just uses Haki again will also be dissapointed...

Also notice how Luffy handled the situtation with the fake Luffy by apoligising and moving on.... It reminds me of how Reighlee did the same thing at the auction house.... Maybe he's playing dumb???

I'm loving this latest instalment, especially after the Luffy-centric previous arc. It's been great to catch up with the gang some more before everything kicks off again. Seems like Oda's been addressing a few gripes; [spoiler]Chopper's seemingly lack of aging and Franky's hair.[/spoiler] I'm a bit irked that Luffy didn't recognise the imposters, as Phenom mentioned; it is a bit silly. Loved the interaction between Zoro and Sanji. Hopefully it's all going to kick off soon; 601 should be good.